UPM is worth a try but don't expect the worldhttps://www.trustradius.com/user-virtualizationCitrix Profile ManagementUnspecified9.3151012016-04-27T17:36:30.480Z
April 27, 2016
UPM is worth a try but don't expect the world
Score 6 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Citrix User Profile Management
We use Citrix User Profile Management in multiple data centers to manage users' profiles in our Citrix environments. We wanted something to manage profiles across multiple desktops and app servers that extended the default Microsoft roaming profiles.
- UPM does extend the features of Microsoft roaming profiles. It gives you the ability to load ADM files and create group policies to set settings.
- With UPM you are able to include or exclude files and folders in a user's profile.
- There are some tie ins between UPM and Citrix Director to give administrators the ability to quickly see the size of the user's profile.
- Since UPM manages Microsoft roaming profiles you still face profile size challenges. You can use the exclude feature but it can be a bit limiting.
- Because of size concerns this may not be the best choice for international deployments if you intend to roam settings across multiple environments.
- Troubleshooting UPM can be a bit difficult at times. There are some built in logging features but those are best reviewed by Citrix.
- By far the best ROI for using UPM is that it's included with many Citrix offerings.
- The only negative ROI might be time spent setting up UPM then deciding to change solutions.