Clarizen - A PMO's Best Friend
Overall Satisfaction with Clarizen
- A lack of project metrics, which led to “guesswork” on behalf of
project managers and the PMO
- Weak or non-existent effort data, which made it impossible to accurately
track time spent on projects
- An absence of work notes -- the PMO had no idea what was going on
outside of weekly project meetings
- Sciforma was only being used by PMO staff and not by project teams
- Resource Utilization, Considering prior to using Clarizen resource utilization was guesswork on the part of the Project Manager I would have to say having any realistic visibility much less the excellent level Clarizen provides is only to be said as exceptional.
- Clarizen API, We made heavy use of the API integrating Clarizen with two core systems already in use at TCiCT. We integrated actual effort with Service-Now and our homegrown time management software.
- Project Reporting, Clarizen provides an excellent built in reporting tool that as of late is only getting better with the ability to create custom dashboards directly through the software. Providing management with well laid out project metric data is as important as keeping your project on schedule.
- Honestly I am so impressed with what Clarizen can do I haven't had time to stop and think about what it doesn't. If I had to pick something I would say it could provide a graphical interface for simple workflow rules.
- Workfront,Microsoft Project,ProjectManager.com
I have had the pleasure of seeing Clarizen implemented in many different ways by many different organizations. I attended an event where we received presentations from a few organizations and I was blown away at the vast differences in implementations. Clarizen is not a one size fits all. Clarizen is a "How can we fit you" company. There is one key question to ask during a selection process. What are my requirements? Clarizen will meet them, will others? Here were our key requirements (I fully expect yours to be different):
- Robust API tool set to connect with existing technologies
- Versatile in order to fit in the “middle” of TCiCT’s environment
- Capture project metrics – particularly effort/time tracking
- Give PMO insights into project costs and actual resource utilization
- Store and organize work notes
- Enable ongoing, real-time project visibility
- Accessible by all necessary team members, not just PMO staff
- User friendly to avoid triggering change management issues