Overall Satisfaction with CMiC Construction Platform
It is being used throughout our company. In the field (superintendent usage via tablet and laptop), in the office for project management, and on the financial side as well. It has become a one-stop-shop for management and finances so we are not using two different programs and trying to interface them correctly. It also interfaces with the field effectively and is a good information-sharing tool.
- Job cost forecasting/budget forecasting
- Ball-in-court reminders
- Invoice approval/coding
- Ease of inputting change orders/PCIs
- Glitches need constant fixing
- Remove fillable fields when not needed/used
- Help boxes on windows
- Not opening up new tabs/windows for everything in background
- Shop drawing numbering is cumbersome at best. Ability to label as you want to would be better.
- Forecasting accuracy has improved.
- Better decisiveness for action items
- Steep learning curve--costs will not be saved in the first year of implementation at minimum.
- Lots of processes are actually lengthier through the platform then would be just on windows/server.
Training and continued support/platform modification has been quite poor. Extremely long modification times, missing deadlines regularly, being unprepared for sessions with our firm.
Do you think CMiC Construction Platform delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with CMiC Construction Platform's feature set?
Did CMiC Construction Platform live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of CMiC Construction Platform go as expected?
Would you buy CMiC Construction Platform again?
It has made site-to-office communication much more seamless. We work largely in remote communities, and it has allowed greater cohesiveness and access to information. I think we are still very much implementing the processes to a larger degree so more time will be needed to fully evaluate the lions share of the impact.
I think the product is better suited on a large scale, rather than for a small contracting company. That being said, I do believe we can grow with the product and have no issues. Because everything is project-based, it does not matter how many projects you have loaded. You can continue with the same functionality that you would have if you only had one project.
It would appear that CMiC Construction Platform is better suited for larger firms. It does take quite a long time to implement and the growing pains are vast. The technical glitches are all too frequent, and most of its little idiosyncrasies are frustrating to say the least. Again, it is a great communication and information sharing tool between site/office/subcontractors and consultants/designers.