CodeIgniter and its useshttps://www.trustradius.com/php-frameworksCodeIgniterUnspecified8.9241012018-01-24T22:33:48.653Z
January 24, 2018
CodeIgniter and its uses
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with CodeIgniter
CodeIgniter is old, but still awesome for when you need to do PHP projects. Great architecture, beautiful documentation and easily understandable. System settings let you create your own code according to requirement. The best part is a major software developer community has used CodeIgniter so you can get every question's solution on the internet.
- CodeIgniter - you essentially code what you need, using extra components to speed up your work.
- Easily understandable and well documented. A great architecture for new comers.
- Not compatible with newer versions of PHP.
- More options now available on the internet that are the same as CodeIgniter also with a better version.
- Easily build projects with simple and understandable code so that you can minimize time to build a project.
- Since it is open source, a great platform to change code according to your needs like themes and settings.
Because of CodeIgniter's fast speed and well-developed architecture, it stacks up against the rest of the PHP frameworks. CodeIgniter can also be modified to use the Hierarchical Model View Controller (HMVC) development pattern which allows CodeIgniter developers to group similar sections of a site into modules in a sub-directory format. But unlike some competing frameworks, Laravel comes with built-in unit-testing support, which allows you to test each feature individually and eliminate errors and bugs. Laravel includes a built-in database query builder.
Best framework to use for API integration because of its architecture. CodeIgniter is a powerful PHP framework with a very small footprint, built for developers who need a simple and elegant toolkit to create full-featured web applications. It is most often praised for its lightning speed when compared to other PHP MVC frameworks.