Try before you Buy!
Overall Satisfaction with Commvault
- Recent major release upgrades provide tools for pre-flight checks on the management servers if the environment is fit for upgrades or requires attention or fixes prior to a successful upgrade.
- Recently we went through a management server consolidation exercise and it worked flawlessly and the process was pretty straightforward and easy to follow.
- Support team is very responsive and provides confidence in solutions and good follow through until the problem is rectified or solved.
- CommServe can manage backups for virtual machines via VSA without installing agents on virtual machines (non application aware backup)
- Does not have any migration tools if a customer is migrating from a non-CommVault backup tool to CommVault.
- If Full backups for Virtual Machines failed on a subclient, they can only be rerun for incrementals instead of FULL backups
- Recently CommVault introduces CommVault Connections where the event invites Partners, Technical experts and CV team to come together on a platform to share and ask technical questions with the intention of providing customers or technical experts a platform to share ideas or ask more operations related queries or advises
Do you think Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery's feature set?
Did Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery go as expected?
Would you buy Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery again?
CommVault is an eEnterprise scale backup solution that is able to provide data protection from ROBO to Regional/Global DC. Application aware plugins provide hot backup. AuxCopy features provide a secondary level of data protection to any medium for long-term data protection.
Dedupe tools are excellent. However, there are limitations and it would not work for clients with a DB sitting on ROBO environment.
Commvault Complete Backup & Recovery Feature Ratings
- Data protection for Critical applications, NAS storage archive, Virtual machines backups
- Potential backup to cloud for remote sites to do away with tape backups
- Global view of all the combined CommServe backup health status in a single pane. Great overview tool for reporting Details includes total capacity used for backup, data storage retention by days, etc. This is a great tool for Management View!
- There are templates for reports that can be downloaded form the CommVault store such as Disk library utilizations and etc.
- Commvault SQL database can be customized to provide daily backup status and capacity reporting for in house reporting. This report is another consolidated report to track backup capacity per client or region for billing purpose
- Making use of multiple Cloud Storage as disk libraries (Secondary or Thirtiary copy)
Evaluating Commvault and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Existing Relationship with the Vendor
- Positive Sales Experience with the Vendor
- Analyst Reports
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Web based consoles (WebConsole, Administrator Console) are easy to navigate and supports multiple users access simultaneously. This is way better than logon locally to the CommServe server where RDP would usually limit access to limited concurrent users only.
- Failed jobs can be configured to rerun to a specific number of times (customised)
- CommVault documentations doesn't have any graphical snapshots and may sometimes be cumbersome to understand and may required to discover where and how to enable certain functions and or features