Superb Managed Package for Deployments
November 02, 2021
Superb Managed Package for Deployments
CapgeminiComputer Software, 10,001+ employees
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Copado
At earlier times we use different ways to deploy the changes to the next org such as using the ANT migration tool, SFDX or changesets but now Copado is a managed package provided which will handle all the deployments stage by stage in a very organized way. We don't need to create package.xml files like earlier we do. We have to just select the metadata we want to push or deploy to the next org. All the credentials will be saved by the maintenance org and we can deploy the changes directly using the credentials. In a project, we do have multiple user stories created for development or for enhancement purposes those can be directly synced with Copado. Git operations can be performed from a specific feature branch to the main branch. People who don't have much knowledge of creating package.xml and how to deploy the changes Copado has made the deployments super easy in a few clicks. This gives more clarity to the client as well as about the pull request created and what is the stage of deployment. Overall it serves the deployment purpose very well within a few clicks.
- Deployments from one org to other org is great using Copado
- User stories will be synced with Copado and accordingly, we can select and commit the data to the feature branch
- Git operation are performed very well to the repos
- We can track the deployments under user stories at which stage the deployment has reached
- It has an inbuilt apex test run and static code analysis which can help the deployment and getting the errors better
- Direct metadata can be selected from all the metadata and changes can be committed accordingly
- Back promotions are sometimes difficult and behave in a weird manner
- After the deployment to production next changes in the pull request shows all the changes from the previous release as well
- Cannot be used through mobile
- Deployments in a organized manner is the most important aspect of Copado
- Sync of user stories from Azzure board directly to Copado and creating user stories in maintenance org is a most important aspect
- Performing and managing Git repositories can be done within few click in Copado
- Apex test run and static code analysis is important to be done
- Tracking of the deployments can be done using Copado on checking the status of the user story
- It has reduced the efforts to create package.xml manually and deploy the changes
- Another positive impact is that we can track the commits to which org they have reached in an organized way and we don't need to maintain them separately
- For setting Copado it take a lot of time and training is required for the complete setup which is time-consuming
There are tools such as ANT migration tool or using sfdx but Copado makes the deployments super simple. If a user is not that technically strong still he can use Copado and deploy the changes in a few clicks. Copado provides a complete package of maintaining the development and repositories in a common platform. There are pipelines that you can set that changes will move from which org to the final org in a very organized manner. We can perform static code analysis at the time of deployment of the changes and we have to clear those if we need to deploy the changes. Creating pull requests is super easy and can be managed by Copado itself. Overall a superb managed package for deployment in Salesforce.
Do you think Copado delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Copado's feature set?
Did Copado live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Copado go as expected?
Would you buy Copado again?
When we have a large organization and number of changes and deployments are more than we should go for Copado. As we know it is a paid managed package and the cost is high so for dealing with fewer deployments it is not preferable to buy. Copado is well suited for users who don't have much technical understanding. So those users can see the User interface select the changes that need to be deployed by selecting the metadata. From Git operation to deployment all is handled by Copado itself. Copado has reduced the efforts for creating the package.xml and direct deployments can be done within a few clicks. Another Major aspect is that it can be directly synced with Jira or Azzure board from where the user stories will be synced and actions can be performed accordingly. For small organization, Copado can be expensive and to set up and maintain we need a technical person to do so.