Salesforce Service Cloud Reviews

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Jonathan Tanis | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 04, 2020

Salesforce is worth it if you can afford it and afford to support it

We use Service Cloud for incoming client support. Every employee in our company has a license to either Service Cloud, Sales Cloud or both. Primarily, clients email a shared email address and this creates cases that we assign and track to make sure our responses are quick. We're a small team, so the focus is really on speed of replies and organizing open cases. Secondarily, we use it to keep client data relevant and updated. We've also intended to use Knowledge Base and Community to engage clients and produce more articles and how-to's, but the users find this overly complicated and tend to not use this as often as I wish we did.
  • Flexibility of data tracked, displayed, reported on, and customized.
  • Single source of truth for support, implementations, sales and management.
  • Ability to integrate through built-in app exchange and easy API.
  • Reporting and emailed reports with direct links to drill down into data.
  • Do virtually whatever you "need" to do.
  • Email case management requires a lot of customization or third-party solutions to get right. i.e. Email to Case Premium.
  • Not a lot works out of the box around dashboards, reports, metric tracking, etc.
  • Price is hard to justify, especially with all the little upgrades and features that aren't included. (CPQ, Lightning Dialer, Einstein, Pardot, Engage, Partner, Community, Inbox, Quip, etc).
  • While it can do anything, it requires someone do it. For example, we integrated Zoom Phones, but call logs show up as tasks, not in the "Call Logs" section.
  • Keeping members cc'd on issues and updates is a bit complicated and not clean. This is hard to describe. They have a Case Team function, but its a bit complicated to get working the way I'd like.
  • Premier Support seemed like a good idea initially, but I've had limited success with the accelerators and it's really only good for troubleshooting something not working, rather than helping build something better.
  • Community licenses are too expensive for us to justify at this time.
I would argue Salesforce is the best CRM option for most companies. However, I'm not sure it's always worth it. I believe you really need a managed partner available, or at least one full-time staff member that knows what they are doing. You can get it working on a shoestring, but not easily, and perhaps not as effectively. Coming from Zendesk, which mostly "just worked" and was about 30% of the cost, it can be a really good option.

We purchased Salesforce to get our data in better shape and have sales, marketing and service in one system, and our data is in far better shape than we ever saw with Zendesk or HubSpot.

It's hard to beat the level of customization available with Salesforce. If I want to do something, you can do it if you have the time or want to pay for something on the App Exchange. I think the larger the organization, the more likely I recommend Salesforce. The smaller, I might recommend HubSpot or Zendesk (which I've used in the past).
Read Jonathan Tanis's full review
Gavin Bratty | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 28, 2020

Salesforce helps track interactions with clients.

We use Salesforce as another database to keep track of our clients' progression along with all their contact details. Keeping track of all the modules and access they have purchased within our system makes our lives a whole lot simpler. The dashboard on the front page also gives our team a first great glance to see how sales are progressing for the month.
  • Great for pushing further sales and knowing who is calling in.
  • Knowing details of what clients have signed up for.
  • Keeping track of client purchases.
  • No real comments for me, here. The system does what I need.
Overall very happy with Salesforce. Having a database that stores all the information it does allows me to focus on the task that I get paid to do.
Read Gavin Bratty's full review
Harry Fischer | TrustRadius Reviewer

My Salesforce Service Cloud nightmare

Salesforce Service Cloud is being used by our organization (6 employees) for client information tracking and for case management.
  • Keeps proper track of your client lists. That's all.
  • Has a nice graphical interface.
  • Speed of loading pages/information.
  • Proper communication with customers via email; allow a single dashboard view of your open items/unanswered Items etc.
The only place I can think of it as being well suited is if you have a trunk full of cash ready to spend on customizations. Otherwise, it is a waste of your time and money.
Read Harry Fischer's full review
March 10, 2020

Service Cloud for the win

Salesforce Service Cloud is being used by multiple departments within my company. Especially in the Customer Experience department, it is utilized daily. It addresses the business problem of how to streamline the customer experience by allowing all information to be stored in one place, and utilizing the connection from other departments who also use Service Cloud.
  • Provide new and innovative updates
  • Easy to use yet modernized interface (the two are not always synonymous)
  • Customization is not just available, it's encouraged
  • Inconsistent speed and difficult to figure out where the issue stems from
  • Issues not always addressed in an efficient amount of time
  • Unexpected glitches lead to difficult workarounds
Salesforce Service Cloud is well suited within our Customer Experience department and Supply departments. Customer Experience utilizies Service Cloud for tracking customer contacts and follow ups. Supply uses Service Cloud to manage client accounts. Customer Experience and Supply work together that much better because they can communicate through the prime visibility of Service Cloud.
March 03, 2020

Salesforce Service Cloud is easy and user-friendly

It is used by a certain department in the organization. It helps let our clients know the phase of their project. They can visibly see and track their reports. When a problem arises, we are able to quickly address it before it goes on to the next phase.
  • Product tracking.
  • Email integration with Outlook, it works flawlessly with our corporate emails.
  • Live video chats with clients.
  • None at the moment.
Our clients have visibility to the production phase and are able to chime in when needed to make corrections.
October 23, 2019

Service Cloud for Customer Support

Our Support team recently made the switch the Salesforce Service Cloud. We manage Support cases out of the system that can be submitted by our customers through a case form on our Knowledge Base, email, live chat or can be created after receiving an inbound call. Prior to using Service Cloud, we had a lack of insightful Support reporting and little visibility for other departments to know which clients were reaching out the most and what topics they were reaching out about. Since most departments were already using Salesforce, it made sense to choose Service Cloud.
  • Reporting and dashboards. These are completely customizable and can be shared across departments. I love being able to see cases by account and also track my team's productivity.
  • Integrations - there is no lack of integration options when it comes to Service Cloud. We are currently using a time tracking add-on and survey add-on that were easy to set up.
  • Support resources - I love how robust the Knowledge Base is for Service Cloud and having access to a community to ask questions to other users outside our company. I also have taken advantage of some of the video tutorials and Trail Blazer lessons to expand my knowledge on our new tool.
  • Since Service Cloud is SO robust it can be a little overwhelming. I'd love to see 'tool tips' added directly into the platform to help guide users. I feel like there are probably a lot of features I am not taking advantage of because I don't know about them yet.
If you are a growing company that uses Salesforce as your source of truth, Service Cloud is a great option to keep Support cases available in one place and to report on the account level. It's also great for Support teams that are tiered, as you can create various tiers to ensure cases are assigned to to appropriate representative. For example, we have a rep who only handles enterprise accounts. These are automatically assigned to her upon case submission.
February 15, 2020

A power user who is still in love with Salesforce Service Cloud

It's used across multiple support and onboarding teams to support our customers. We use it to answer customer-related incidents and work requests. It's also used to updated and manage customer information based on work requests.
  • The ability to open tickets from emails.
  • Link multiple related tickets.
  • It lacks a global search option.
  • I wish it could structure incoming client requests.
Service Cloud allows users to automate service processes, streamline workflows and find articles, topics, and experts to support the agent.
It's less appropriate when tying up similar cases or even allowing knowledge sharing across tickets.
However, any changes require a lot of effort and usually need to engage consultants which gets expensive.
December 29, 2019

Our service center relies on Service Cloud

We are currently using Salesforce Service Cloud only in our service center. They handle calls and emails that come into our corporation. The users are able to easily navigate to the case records, contact records and activities that the interaction entails all while keeping all these records open on the same screen.
  • Console look and feel.
  • Many records opened at once.
  • Closing tabs with the keyboard shortcuts will sometimes close the browser tab.
Salesforce Service Cloud is suitable for a call center or anyone in the business of being the central contact area. I recommend it for anyone working with multiple clients at once also. This can be a handy tool when dealing with many Salesforce objects at once and servicing the records. Works well for any support role. I would not recommend for sales.
December 03, 2019

Salesforce offering for service industry

We have been able to achieve process standardization and automation for the client's service offering.
  • Automation of processes which were done by clients service representative.
  • Integration with other Salesforce products which facilitate that clients have complete customer profiles.
  • Help upsell as now we have better visibility of our customer's profiles.
  • Better customer support would be appreciated.
It's well suited if the client is already using other Salesforce products as it will help them get a better, well-rounded profile of their customer. It may not always work if that is the only Salesforce offering the client is using.
February 28, 2020

There’s a reason Salesforce is the industry standard.

We use Salesforce Service Cloud, primarily for our sales department. We use it to maintain our sales leads and create pipelines to onboard new clients. It is also used to store the account information of our clients and to make updates to their accounts.
  • It makes it simple to look up the account information of leads and clients.
  • It enables us to keep detailed records on each account to keep account executives on the same page.
  • Allows us to easily make updates to our clients accounts
  • Sometimes the UI could be clunky. But we were using Salesforce Classic, I think Salesforce Lightning would fix most of these problems.
  • Some of the custom apps within Salesforce didn’t work quite right. But I don’t necessarily think that was Salesforce's fault.
I think Salesforce Service Cloud is best suited for sales teams, account management, customer service, or some type of call center.
Rajat Sharma | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 28, 2019

Salesforce Service Cloud: #1 Customer Service App -

Salesforce Service Cloud is being used to automate service processes, streamline workflows and find key articles, topics, and experts to support the call center agent. In our organization, we are advising companies to implement Salesforce Service Cloud along with solving their complex business processes. It is being used by one of our teams, specifically catering to Salesforce. It caters mostly to retail banks across many geographical locations.
  • It can help call center agents in addressing customer needs within less time due to automated business process flows handled in salesforce service cloud
  • Delivering Smart services such as email alerts, SMS alerts, and notifications to customers based on their application status.
  • It can easily be integrated with a robotic process automation application such as UI Path that aid you in delivering automation on your toes.
  • It can be easily integrated with social platforms such as Facebook for addressing customers inquiry/issues.
  • The cost of implementation and application could be lowered so that it attracts more of a customer base.
  • Lowering support costs.
  • It should be integrated with AI and ML platforms for tracking customer's activity, then channel their queries to agents automatically.
This product is great due to its integration with Salesforce Marketing Cloud, analytics capabilities, integration chat bot capabilities, leveraging AI, ML and NLP capabilities, and reporting capabilities. Integration can become complex as it is code driven instead of driven by components.
Read Rajat Sharma's full review
June 20, 2019

Salesforce Service Cloud Improves Customer and Business Relationships

In my function specifically, I use Salesforce as an educational tool through Trailhead by Salesforce, where I learn about it in order to become a more effective marketer and subject matter expert in the technological sector. In my company, we work with companies to implement Salesforce Service Cloud to help them advance their business processes and meet their goals more effectively. It is customized and tailored to meet their needs.
  • Customer Relationships
  • Business Relationships
  • Streamlined Information in a Centralized Datahub
  • None that I can think of
I would recommend others use Salesforce Service Cloud based on my experiences working with a variety of companies within different industries to find success. If your goals are to improve customer relationships, which is likely for most organizations, then implementing the software shouldn't be second-guessed. Salesforce Service Cloud is an innovative product that just keeps evolving—you can trust it to evolve with your own needs as you grow.
Stephanie Chapman | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 02, 2019

GREAT NEW SYSTEM

We are using it across the whole organization...it solves problems because now we don't have to give our individual emails out and everyone in the company can access customers' emails. This was a big problem for our company previously because if a customer called in and the rep was on vacation or sick, we had to have the customer call back.
  • Records consolidation
  • User-friendly
  • Creating multiple orders on one case.
  • Have notifications be more user-friendly.
  • Reports should be easier to view.
We use Salesforce so we don't have duplicate consumer accounts and everyone can access the customer's email. it's less appropriate because you have to create a new case every time you want to place an order, which causes more time on the phone with the customers. Once that is fixed t will be amazing.
Read Stephanie Chapman's full review
Brandon Mitchell | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 04, 2019

Worth the Investment

Salesforce is essentially the backbone of our organization -- all projects, assignments, and cases are how we keep things documented and centralized for everyone to access. This keeps our agency all on the same page in terms of progress, reporting, email marketing, and every other marketing effort we run through SF.
  • Easy-to-use, Intuitive UX/UI - I can't speak to the overall setup, but it only takes a few minutes to understand Salesforce as a user.
  • Social Media-like features - by @ing someone, I can easily loop multiple people in on projects in more of a laid-back tone/atmosphere.
  • Notifications sent via email - I never miss a comment or assignment because of this.
  • Difficulty setting up - While I can't speak to this specifically, it seems to be difficult to add to everything this platform has to offer.
While this platform may require someone who has prior knowledge with it to set everything up correctly, this is essential for any company that needs everyone on the same page. This is a great platform to have.
Read Brandon Mitchell's full review
Paul Murphy | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 28, 2019

TAC engineer long time salesforce user

We use Salesforce for RMAs, and TAC cases and escalation to R&D for most products. Some products are escalated via email but they are generally low volume older products.
  • It's is highly available down time maybe 3 min every 3 months or so.
  • Ease of use interface doesn't change much stable of the last 4 years.
  • Search and account inventory are very accurate and useful.
  • Advance filtering keyword searching with condition can usually be done but only by power users - make advanced search easier.
  • Attachments size restrictions - could be our implementation not sure if its a product issue.
  • No mandatory mandatory fields. Again this may be implementation dependent
Great for RMAs and cases - bug updates not so much.
Read Paul Murphy's full review
February 05, 2019

Salesforce Service Cloud for the win!

Salesforce Service Cloud is used by several of our departments internally for managing customer service and inside sales. We use this platform to manage support requests and inquiries for our Buyers and Suppliers, track activities, manage knowledge, and automate business processes through Cases.
  • Salesforce Service Cloud is a highly customizable CRM that can keep track of your support activities and give high visibility to these activities.
  • Salesforce Service Cloud easily allows for automating business processes and solutions which gained us hours of efficiency.
  • Salesforce Service Cloud is top notch when it comes to agile development where we need quick and easy enhancements and deploying new functionalities in a timely manner.
  • Salesforce Service Cloud can improve when it comes to integrating with other systems. For example, we use JIRA a lot with our agile development and although there is a standard app exchange package you can use, the out of the box integration is minimal. More robust features and integrations of this type would be beneficial.
  • Salesforce Service Cloud lacks a lot of knowledge capabilities with the new Lightning interface. I wish it had the knowledge types it used to have since it helps controls user permissions and access more easily.
Salesforce Service Cloud is excellent for managing your customer service and support cases. For example, we use it when we need to keep track of issues that are raised by our Suppliers so that we can reach out to our Buyers and resolve any discrepancies. These cases are then tied to each Account and Contact associated with the support transaction and it makes it very clear and easy to track who is doing what with the request. Salesforce Service Cloud also does an excellent job of helping us automate the mundane tasks needed to capture key information and ease the workload off of our agents by providing easy to use macros/quick texts and flows that automatically fill in the necessary fields on the back end. Our agents don't need to waste time or energy worrying about data entry and can instead focus on their core skills of helping out customers.
March 27, 2019

At Your Service Cloud

The Service Cloud is being used by multiple users groups within the hospital I currently work at. We primarily use Cases, but we also have tapped into the Live Agent mobile features. Our customers primarily connect to our Users via mobile, so Service Cloud has allowed us to maintain high integrity when assisting customers.
  • Built on a Force.com platform like Sales Cloud
  • Provide customers with world-class customer service
  • Better reporting
  • More training materials
Service Cloud is well suited for any organization trying to leverage its customer relationship management system to provide world-class customer service. All your data will be stored in one centralized area, and your representatives can access, edit, and create that data. The Service Cloud allows your agents to build customer engagement and relationships.
March 04, 2019

Good Interim Solution

Our company bought Salesforce as our CRM system, and first implemented Desk before implementing Service Cloud. Now, we've transitioned from Service Cloud to using Salesforce for case management. It was used across two departments in the organization, our support team and our analytics team. The business problems that it tried to address were the high influx of cases being sent in by our customers. Keyword being "try," though--it was a clunky tool that unfortunately didn't integrate with Salesforce directly, causing limited reporting.
  • Like the case resolver in the main Salesforce instance, Service Cloud had great reporting. The dashboards were easy to build and easy to maintain. Far far better than Desk!
  • The breadcrumb tracker really helped keep track of a case in the resolution lifecycle.
  • It was a step up from Desk, in that it stored far more details within the actual body of the case.
  • It was easier to document the details of the resolution than in Desk.
  • The resolution fields did not always auto-populate, because it wasn't tied to the main Salesforce instance. Depending on how your company integrates and implements SVC, the solution will be limited.
  • The reporting tool, the reports, and the dashboards tabs were easier to use. However, the issue was that they did not always save correctly. Therefore, as I built dashboards, I needed to recreate and resave them correctly multiple times. The dashboards needed some work to make them more efficient to use.
  • In Salesforce, you're able to just "post" and you trust it will be internal; it would be defaulted to the first tab, with the second being the email. However, in SVC, you will need to write a "note," four tabs down. It was the smallest inconvenience, but added a few seconds onto the workflow.
Service Cloud is suitable if you do not need to do greater reporting to tie the work of the cases that you complete for your accounts, to the accounts that are listed as opportunities. Of course, this depends on the implementation you choose to pursue. Otherwise, opt for Salesforce if you are able to shell out however much extra it will cost. Because our company first implemented Salesforce, and later Service Cloud, we didn't want to merge the two of them onto the same instance to ensure the integrity of Salesforce. Not doing so caused there to be several limitations in the analysis you could do by accounts. Otherwise, definitely pay for Service Cloud as opposed to Desk; you'll be able to do significantly more with reporting.
February 26, 2019

Leader in Service Cloud Platforms

Salesforce Service Cloud is used in HR for Case Management for all the employees across the organization. It provides a unified platform for HR related queries from employees and manages follow-ups and communication in a seamless manner. The cloud is also linked to the call center and live chat agents for an omnichannel experience for the customers.
  • Easy configuration and maintenance.
  • Fast deployments and easy integration with the Dev Ops tool.
  • Excellent out of the box features like Shield encryption.
  • Slow support from the Salesforce support team.
  • Intermittent performance issues mostly after new Salesforce releases.
Salesforce Service Cloud is well suited for HR and Ticket Management for a medium to large size organization. It might not be best suited where you have heavy ETL involved or when you need to integrate numerous applications.
February 20, 2019

Service Cloud changed how we support our clients

Our internal support desk uses Salesforce Service Cloud. We use it to handle support cases and to manage milestones. It helps us stay organize and communicate with the clients so they know where their reported issues stand. In addition, the Service Console makes it simple to work in Salesforce all day without having to flip back and forth between multiple applications.
  • Allows users to email clients and communicate directly from the application.
  • Links with our Knowledgebase so we can suggest help articles to our clients.
  • Provide a single console which allows our users to work within one screen and avoid flipping between applications or needing to flip within Salesforce
  • Configuration and setup were a bit cumbersome.
For any firm taking support calls, I think Service Cloud is a great solution to help organize your support and communication with the client. This is especially true for firms where support crosses time zones or countries. It may not be necessary for firms which only have a rep or two.
February 20, 2019

Powerful CRM tool

We use Salesforce Service Cloud for our Information and Referral call center that serves the whole state. It allows our I&R specialists to serve our calls via phone, live-chat, text messaging, email, and facebook messenger. In the service cloud, we can create a case for each caller, add referrals we make, and add follow up reminders as needed.
  • It integrates nicely with our CTI solution (new voice media).
  • The inbound phone number or email address lookup automatically provides the existing contact.
  • The huge capacity to add custom data fields to capture all the data collection needs we have.
  • Very limited options when it comes to pre-built data fields. Can't update data labels in order to make it fit our scenario.
  • Report/Dashboard preview data during editing is not reflecting real data until you have to save and run it.
  • Dashboard does not have enough chart type options.
It is perfect to capture service provided, especially for non-profit and community programs. Its data object structure works really well for customers who have a complex situation and have made multiple contacts and need multiple resources. Salesforce service cloud can capture all these complex situations in a streamlined snapshot and it provides agents a centralized place to review all the data. It is definitely not for sales capturing.
October 08, 2018

Service Cloud Gives Visibility into Every Client Across All Teams at Any Moment

We used Service Cloud to document and manage customer issues raised by the various teams (HR, Payroll, Benefits, Tax, Legal) that interact with all levels of our clients (C-Level, managers, employees, vendors). The ability for all of our teams to capture the issues of an individual client within the same ecosystem and making that information accessible immediately for on-site and headquarter employees from laptops or cell phones greatly streamlined and enhanced our customer intelligence. We were able to present a unified voice to our client so that regardless of who from our company spoke to whomever at the client, we always knew the issues top of mind for that client.
  • Service Cloud is easy to use whether you're inputing data or trying to access it.
  • By having a simple interface and creating dashboards, reports and views customized to an individual user's needs, we were able to achieve nearly 100% adoption rate.
  • The highest praise I can give about this product is that our employees barely "felt" its existence in that it never got in the way of reaching the information or providing the information they needed. It never felt cumbersome or like it was getting in the way of doing their job.
  • Reporting could be a bit more flexible. For some data we need to export to Excel and run formulas.
  • Needs better phone system (Shoretel) integration. The app exchange app from Shoretel is very buggy and not well supported. It would be nice to have a Salesforce-owned solution with proper support.
  • Out of the box customer surveying would be great for insight into our service levels. We use an app to generate surveys but its costly and this could be a standard feature in Service Cloud.
Service Cloud is an excellent solution for businesses that have many clients and touch points across many departments. It functions as a common platform for teams that operate in different capacities and have varying levels of technical aptitude to share their intelligence and interactions with clients.
December 22, 2018

Another Great Salesforce Product!

Our company uses Salesforce Service Cloud for our customer support department. They use it to log cases and track work efforts. They also use the live chat function to support our customers who prefer to chat over phone support.
  • Service cloud is great for logging cases and tracking support effort.
  • Live chat is easy to set up and provides a good chat experience for customers.
  • Salesforce makes it easy to report on chat and casework so you know the top support issues you have.
  • I’d like to see better reporting upon first contact. You can do it with some effort but nothing out of the box.
  • Salesforce Service Cloud is still missing some features in lightning.
  • They need to make it easier to automate the changing of Omnichannel status.
Service cloud is great for customer support centers looking to streamline the support experience. They have case logging, live chat, and the ability to create a knowledge base for your support staff and customers.
Jessie Mead | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 13, 2018

Salesforce Service Clears the Clouds!

Service Cloud is being used by multiple divisions within our umbrella of 12 companies at the national financial firm. We use it as the central help desk for the entire enterprise (~1,000 nationwide employees). Having the ability for a single email to disperse employee requests to the correct regional IT department is extremely helpful in addressing issues quickly. We also use it for other departments (such as compliance, facilities, retail) in a similar aspect, in which there is a single email for the enterprise to submit forms or emails to the correct queue. Great for timeliness and audit tracking!
  • Splitting service processes into the respective channels as needed (helpdesk vs. facilities; Midwest vs. Central regions). It's nice knowing that the issue can be addressed by the correct channel on first try.
  • Communications are extremely effective - the ability to email back and forth and have it tracked on the correct ticket is great for auditing and training.
  • The Console view is great as it helps agents see their work in a single screen, and also having Knowledge and chat integrated adds an extra flare to the quality of service.
  • It would be nice to have inline coloring in list views to know who is changing or taking ownership of specific tickets as they are happening.
  • When posting comments, it would be great to be able to select whether or not to notify the case owner or contact upon save.
  • The emailing from an org-wide address gets a little tricky when people are trying to cc the full case owner. (example: facilities isn't the owner of the ticket, but is the queue - they would like to be notified as a queue any time communication happens to be aware of the current status).
Service Cloud is great for ticketing systems. If you have a form you want to make available to customers or employees, or if you want a general email (support, for example) to be accessed for help and direction - Service Cloud is perfect. You can send an email and know that the routing is what it needs to be, and build out the following process based on any of the criteria thereafter. If you are using Communities or some kind of website, you can set up forms to require certain fields be filled in (type, issue, etc.) - another great way for the ticket to make it exactly where it needs to go (and can even go through approvals if needed before making it to the new owner).
Read Jessie Mead's full review
June 19, 2018

A huge advantage for transparency throughout our organization

We use Service Cloud across our whole organization, wherever case management is needed. The primary use of Service Cloud is for providing case management for customer support, technical and non-technical. The big advantage of using Service Cloud is that all the case management is tired directly to our CRM data so that communication and collaboration between support teams and other parts of the business is much easier. We also use Service Cloud for managing some internal work processes.
  • Emailing contacts has some nice features. We have service cloud setup to email contacts (using templates) and have the record automatically log on the case, then have the mailbox setup to sync back to the case record and notify the case owner that a response was received. This is a very nice feature for quick communication with thorough records to refer back to in the future. I’m not sure how much of this functionality is standard on the case object and how much we added as custom functionality since some of this was implemented before my time. But either way the functionality is possible and very handy.
  • Integration with other SFDC functionality. While this isn’t necessarily a feature specific to Service Cloud, it’s really nice having the ability to read case data from all the other objects and applications we have in SFDC is a huge advantage vs. our previous tool for case management.
  • Simple UI of the Service Cloud console view. I found the UI was very easy to understand and quick to navigate even as a new user.
  • Integration with a customer portal based on salesforce communities. Allows our customers to manage their cases online and stay up to date on progress.
  • Management of inactivity. We had to build some fairly complex customization for managing inactivity on a case, e.g., counting the number of business days or hours that have elapsed since last activity from the customer or the agent. That functionality is important to us for driving automatic notifications, escalations, and reporting. I’m surprised that’s not native functionality in Service Cloud
  • This is a really specific complaint, so take with a grain of salt. Also goes to show you that I have few complaints about Service Cloud. But the issue is that when integrating another tool with Service Cloud for automatic case creation, the case description doesn’t have rich text formatting for the integration so all the text mapping from the 3rd party tool has to be formatted with HTML (like using
    for a line break). I thought it might be the 3rd party tool, but it has no trouble carrying simple formatting like line breaks into other text fields in SFDC. Maybe there’s a reason, but this irritates me with my specific use case.
  • Tab use in the console view is difficult for me to adopt. I’m a heavy user of browser tabs and keyboard shortcuts to navigate between tabs, so the fact that Service Cloud console blocks me from opening records in new browser tabs, using the SFDC tab functionality instead, irritates me because then I can’t find browser shortcuts
Service Cloud Is great for any scenario where case management is needed and seamless integration to the CRM is desired. Service Cloud and its features may be less useful for the commercial side of the organization, though I know some non-support users that use the Service Cloud setup for accessing all aspects of SFDC because they like the interface more than Sales Cloud.

Organize and prioritize service tickets (39)
Expert directory (26)
Subscription-based notifications (33)
ITSM collaboration and documentation (28)
Ticket creation and submission (39)
Ticket response (38)
External knowledge base (32)
Internal knowledge base (34)
Customer portal (27)
IVR (18)
Social integration (26)
Email support (38)
Help Desk CRM integration (33)

About Salesforce Service Cloud

Salesforce Service Cloud provides companies with a call center-like view that enables them to create and track cases coming in, and automatically route and escalate what’s important. The Salesforce CRM-powered customer portal provides customers the ability to track their own cases, includes a social networking plug-in that enables the user to join the conversation about their company on social networking websites, provides analytical tools and other services including email, chat, Google search, and access to customers' entitlement and contracts.