Couchbase on my project
August 12, 2020
Couchbase on my project
Score 6 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Couchbase
We are using Couchbase for mobile an app project as a data store and peer to peer to cloud syncing for mobile. There are several No SQL databases but we choose Couchbase as the winner for our project because we can use community release, flexible JSON schema, easy SQL-friendly query language, fully integrated SDKs for .NET, and it can be installed on Windows & Linux and the most important things is a peer to peer cloud syncing for mobile using SynchGateway service, whereas other No SQL databases don't have it. As time goes by, the index and view are increased rapidly to spend 240 GB on storage for each cluster that makes failover not work. if we got, that problem the app could not save or retrieve data from Couchbase.
- The SDK was easy integrated with .NET.
- Peer to peer to cloud syncing for mobile using the Synch Gateway service was amazing.
- We can use community release for our project.
- Index and view are increased rapidly and spent 240 GB on the server storage.
- Every bug fix and patch was not set to the current version but the latest version, whereas we have to reinstall if any patches, it was time-consuming and not worth it.
- Backup and restore is time consuming.
- We can implement the mobile app using community release.
- The peer to peer syncing technology saves our development time.
- The CRUD process will be stopped when index and view are growing rapidly, we have to delete index files and reindex again.
I have an indexing issue, it's growing rapidly and spent 240 GB on the server and spent a lot of time to delete, index files, reindex and cluster. it almost takes +/- 1 day to make it up and running.
We are using Couchbase to build a mobile app using peer to peer technology (synch gateway service).
We can implement a mobile app using the Couchbase community release, and it saved us a lot. With the community release, peer to peer syncing still can be used without any limitation. As time goes by, maintenance, patching, and huge index files & views are a big nightmare that we face. To resolve the problem, we communicate with the support and the Couchbase expert.
- All the selected products above are free but don't have peer to peer syncing cloud to mobile.
- The GUI for maintaining and clustering the DB is wonderful.
- We can use community release for the mobile app.
- Easy SDK integration with .NET
- SQL friendly query
- Node to node encryption and role-based access control.
- Data isolation
- Support multidimensional scaling and memory first design.