Useful Tool for Time Managementhttps://www.trustradius.com/project-managementDaptivUnspecified6.7201012014-01-11T18:44:11.581Z
Updated March 02, 2015
Useful Tool for Time Management
Score 7 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Daptiv
My communications department uses Daptiv to bill our work - we enter projects and tasks and the amount of time worked on each; this is how we show how we spent our days working as well as how we bill our customers.
- Time management - it's a great tool for tracking time spent working on different projects.
- Reports - I love being able to run a report at the end of the year to see how much time I spent on specific projects, how many projects I completed, and how many types of projects I worked on. This really helps me write my annual review.
- Search function - Sometimes I have a hard time locating previous projects that are closed out that I need to go back into. This could be something that I need more training in to learn how to better name my projects.
- Multiple people per task - When more than one person is assigned to a task, it would be nice to have a way to close the task for one person without the entire task closing.
- Better customer service - In Daptiv I can easily track the amount of time I worked on a project, so I can then tell my client accurately how much time I spent.
- Effectively managing budgets - When I know I need to stick to a certain budget on a project, I can carefully plan and be aware of my time and money spent in Daptiv.
I have not used a similar tool. My office had Daptiv when I began my job, and I was trained to use it. My office has recommended ways to use Daptiv (recommended project naming conventions, recommended reports to run, etc.), so I was trained on how to use it effectively in my office.