DISCO is a must-have platform for any litigation team
Updated November 15, 2019
DISCO is a must-have platform for any litigation team
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with DISCO
Our firm uses DISCO in support of its litigation practice. We use it for document production ingestion, document review, production of documents, etc. We find DISCO to be a very user-friendly platform from discovery through trial. Our attorneys and paralegals primarily use it. Since all of our personnel have access to DISCO, it allows us to work together in a very productive, organized manner cohesively.
- It is easily used for producing documents. I appreciate how easy it is to create load files to provide to opposing counsel.
- DISCO's support team is the best in the business, bar none. I always feel free to call them about any concerns or problems I am having. I know that they will go the distance to ensure that my questions are answered and my concerns are assuaged. Even after hours, I have been able to get answers to my questions. Most importantly, their support staff is incredibly helpful and caring people, which is immediately apparent during the phone calls.
- DISCO also makes it very easy to set up a specific document review stage, tailored just as I need it. I appreciate the ability to tag documents per my requirements, to write privilege notes, to redact passages quickly, etc. The fact that this tailored document review staging is all so easy to set up speaks to how great a program DISCO is.
- I love how, in the main "Search and Review' window, to my left, I can have the filters. This is so handy and time-saving! I can't count the times that I have chosen documents based upon specific recipients/senders, or narrowed down my search by choosing "inclusive emails only."
- Perhaps this is my ignorance, but when I'm in the main "Search and Review" window and want to choose specific documents from here to, say, batch print, I have to click the grey square to the left of the document one by one, instead of clicking a grey square on top of the window that would automatically choose all the documents showing in that window, and then deselect the ones I don't want.
- I know this is a safety feature, but sometimes it would be nice to be able to change certain features of documents myself instead of asking DISCO support team to do so, i.e., changing the custodian of specific documents.
- Instead of choosing the "copy format from a previous production" that automatically changes a Bates prefix for you that you may not want, maybe a feature where you have preset choices of metadata and confidentiality to apply to productions without affecting a chosen Bates prefix.
- I'm not involved on the money end, so any answer as to money saved is purely speculative.
- All I know is that clients are satisfied with the outcomes of our trials. The organization and efficiency of DISCO support this.
- Again, my favorite thing about DISCO is your support staff. No matter what the question or problem, they have been there for me and helped me use DISCO to best support, my clients.
- I like its ease of use and the layout of the program. It makes sense, is intuitive, and is not so complicated that I sit here stunned.
- Controlling every feature of production of documents has never been easier.
Because of its ease of use, I would imagine that we have benefited from speedier times in processing, reviewing, and producing documents. I like that when we need something done immediately, I can call DISCO and they will expedite the process for me. Thankfully, this is rarely the case, but it is reassuring to know that option is there.
DISCO is admittedly the only platform I've used for uploading, reviewing, and producing documents. Besides this program, I have produced documents by Bates stamping them in Adobe and sending them out as PDFs instead of load files, but I prefer the load files. I know that my team has appreciated having several people review documents in a review stage. Which has saved much time and allowed us to discuss their import to our case fully. The ease of use of producing documents in DISCO has allowed me to support multiple clients throughout the day in various aspects of discovery, i.e., I may be composing documents for one client, and reviewing documents while I'm waiting for another client, then creating a privilege log for a third after I serve the production.
We have great support in Ryan McCurdy, our client-specialist. It is convenient to have him only a phone call away as we go through our cases, so if anything should pop up that needs answers now, we can get his support quickly. He has assisted us in culling down document reviews in the hundreds of thousands, for example. He has also answered some of the questions we have had regarding document review, as he has a lot of experience with this platform.
I can't imagine going through litigation without DISCO by my side. From receiving and producing documents, reviewing clients' and opposing counsels' documents, making privilege logs, creating trial exhibits, etc. DISCO makes my life so much easier. I appreciate that I still have much to learn about DISCO, but even with my base-level knowledge of DISCO, I can be very successful at my job. As a paralegal, I need this program to be the best support I can be for my clients.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- I appreciate the ease of use of document review.
- DISCO has made document production a breeze!
- Searching within DISCO has also become a very easy task.