Overall Satisfaction with Docker
Our company uses Docker to maintain a consistent environment between different contributors to the same codebase. Docker makes it so easy to maintain modules and compare computational performance across machines. This is increasingly important as the codebase expands and as we add contributors, and particularly as we onboard clients to contribute as well.
- Makes it easy to maintain computational efficiency with easy sliders for RAM/memory.
- Helps us all maintain the same software environment across users.
- Our integration with VS Code makes it easy to rebuild the container as needed.
- A little bit of a black box when it crashes- no easy to find error logs.
- Sometimes slow to start up if other software (i.e. Zoom) is running simultaneously.
- Compatibility with our chosen OS/machinery (we are an Apple shop)
- Easy to use and intuitive UI
- Regular updates keep everything running smoothly and securely
- Docker has absolutely decreased the time that we would otherwise spend navigating environment/software differences.
- The RAM and memory sliders keep our software running smoothly as the codebase grows.
Do you think Docker delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Docker's feature set?
Did Docker live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Docker go as expected?
Would you buy Docker again?
Docker is very well-suited to helping all of us maintain the same environment despite being a totally remote team. We all use slightly different machines and have different levels of experience with the code that we are building, so Docker removes some of the confusion that could occur due to those differences on the team!