Overall Satisfaction with DraftSight
DraftSight is our primary design software. It is used by engineering, job kitting, and production daily.
- Easy to use
- We make parts lists on our drawings for clear and easy job picking and assembly.
- Able to print to PDF for sharing with our customers without DraftSight
- Latest update has added functions which always seem to be in the way. Have not figured out how to turn them off
- Now has several side functions which appear on opening and must be minimized.
- Sometimes has odd errors when printing some files. I had unseen lines on a file that did not appear on the screen.
- Allowed us to move up from a very old package of AutoCAD.
- Is supported and has better features than our old AutoCAD.
- When we started, DraftSight was free. We now pay for all seats, but we don't use any more functionality than the free version offered. It would be better for us if there was a basic free version and a more robust version that we only paid for a couple of seats of.
The only other products I have tried are an old version of AutoCAD and Solidworks. DraftSight is supported unlike our old version of AutoCAD. As for Solidworks, we just don't have the time to migrate to a 3D package where we have no drawings. DraftSight allows us to just open all our old 2D AutoCAD drawings. For reference, we now have over 16K 2D drawing files.