https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/Ot/GE/GT1449SVA43I.JPEGOffice 365 for the Small BusinessEvery user in our company uses Office 365. We had issues in the past with different versions of Office being used, using various cloud storage services. We also had instant messaging using a 3rd party software which we supported in-house, and encountered issues running our own Exchange server. All of that is now gone.,We love that everyone is using the same version of Office so we can narrow issues down with formatting and troubleshooting. We like that we can use Skype for text, voice, and video conference calls and even share our desktops and computers for remote troubleshooting. It is nice that we no longer have to worry about our Exchange server going down or having file issues. That is all now outsourced and we have not had any downtime. We also like the new larger mailbox size limits and attachment limits which were problems we always had to deal with in the past.,I think the set up of Skype could be improved. It took quite a bit of searching to figure out how to add a group of users and we still had to have each individual add the group. It would be nice to be able to administer that remotely. We would like more training available for the DIY IT staff for setting up SharePoint intranet sites. More training on lesser-known features such as Teams so we know what the tools are used for and if they could be useful for our organization.,9,We now use OneDrive to share folder/file while we are on jobs in teams and it is seamless. We also now use OneDrive to share files with clients and we can eliminate ShareFile and helps defray the cost of our subscription. We have been able to turn off Exchange on our onsite server which has reduced its stress and should prolong the life of the equipment.,,QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions, OneDrive, Skype for Business (formerly Lync),10,10Easy to Use Time Saver!We use Microsoft 365 Business every day at my work. The tool that I use the most is Microsoft Excel which is one part of the Microsoft 365 Business package. This software is great and helps me get my everyday tasks done quickly and done the way I want them to be done. Microsoft 365 Business does a lot of things and my company is only using a few of the items that are available.,Compatible with more other software like QuickBooks. The ability to have your documents saved in the cloud for extra protection from a computer crashing. The ease of using different apps like Excel and Word. They are very user-friendly.,I wish this software had the ability to function like Google's Tools. I wish multiple people could work on the same spreadsheet at the same time. The help and how-to section could be improved by giving better tips on how to do things. The cost is pricey.,7,Time Saver. Microsoft 365 Business has cut my time in preparing reports dramatically. Negative is the lacking of being able to work on a project with other co-workers at the same time. User-friendly. It is very easy to use and easy to teach a new employee how to use.,Google Drive,QuickBooks Online, Google Drive, Slack,8,9A robust cloud-based platform for enterprise businessAlong with SAP and Cisco Communications, Microsoft 365 Business is a primary pillar of our I.T. software and services. The entire organization has been migrated to 365 Business for approximately the last two years. Along with email and the Office Suite of software, we also leverage Dynamics CRM, Teams, PowerApps, Yammer, SharePoint, OneDrive and more. The cohesiveness of 365 Business has simplified our utilization of Microsoft products and services.,Integration across the suite of products. Much like other cloud platforms, Microsoft has done an excellent job of integrating their products with each other and other third party platforms. Plentiful storage. OneDrive and SharePoint cloud storage is more than enough for even our power users. It allows for seamless migration to new computer hardware and the peace of mind of continuous backup to Microsoft's infrastructure. User account management. It is easy to setup new users in the company and add services to their individual user profile. We dont have to license every product for every user. We can piece-meal service for specific use cases. Mobile app support. Microsoft has built some of the best mobile apps on the market for both iOS and Android. This makes it easy to use 365 Business on the go.,The breadth of products can be overwhelming. I applaud Microsoft for their innovation of new products and service, but it feels like some products step on the toes of others. At times, it can be tricky knowing which is the best for your specific use. Additionally, most people probably only use about 20% of the products/services/features. Office is still Office. Let's face it, 90% of large companies use Microsoft Office, which is a large part of the 365 Business suite. Although the most recent updates are nice, it still feels a bit stagnant after all these years. Steep learning curve for some users. Some of the apps and services included in 365 Business are so powerful that the learning curve for your average business user can be a bit steep. This requires added training resources and more of a barrier to adoption.,9,Increased collaboration. Online storage and sharing allow for users to work together across distances. File integrity is also maintained, due to everyone having access to the same tools. Increased sales and customer tracking. Dynamics 365 integrated with SAP, has created a quality workflow for sales reps to track customers and orders to better manage their sales. Social connections across the globe. Products like Yammer help to keep our employees connected across the organization, which is global.,G Suite,Adobe Acrobat DC, Camtasia, Cornerstone OnDemand,8,8Microsoft 365 Business is well worth the time and investment!We use MS 365 for Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint, and Teams. For the most part, the apps work flawlessly, and they are available away from the office on any device, which is extremely helpful. We are in the middle of an HCM implementation, and we use Teams to collaborate on documents with the software company. It is great to be able to share the same documents online with the other company, instead of emailing spreadsheets back and forth and wondering if you have the latest version. We also use Teams for docs that we share internally, and everyone can add updates to the same sheet and we all have the current version. Very nice!,Keeping the whole company updated on the latest app versions. Cuts down on upgrading time and version control. Teams is a great way to share info and documents with fluctuating working groups, both internally and externally. Allowing access to current applications on any device with the same login.,It needs to be easier to scale documents when viewing them in Teams. Sometimes it is hard to view all the data you need to see, unless you open the doc in the application for editing.,9,I don't have specific numbers, but we have saved money on not buying specific licenses for every program for every user.Perfect for Business- Microsoft 365Microsoft 365 Business is used by all the members in my team at IdeaQuest. We use it as a whole package, with all the different important applications provided in it. I myself use Microsoft PowerPoint to prepare for presentations across/outside my organization. I use Microsoft Word to keep all the research up to date.,Work from anywhere with Internet Access. Allows team collaboration, which helps two or more users to collaborate a piece of work at the same time. Advanced protective features which reduces risks.,Might not be compatible with your old systems. Places which suffer from poor Interent problems might not be able to make the full use out of Microsoft 365. Unless using the Office Enterprise plan, one may not be able to control their own data.,9,Helps save a lot of time from manually controlling data. Helps understand threats so that they could be responded to more effectively. Provides multiple, flexible plans tailored to different businesses.,LibreOffice,Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Photoshop, Eclipse
Windows, Linux, Mac
Microsoft 365 Business

Microsoft 365 Business Reviews

Microsoft 365 Business
Filter 218 vetted Microsoft 365 Business reviews and ratings

David White profile photo
February 13, 2019

Microsoft 365 Business Review: "Office 365 for the Small Business"

• We love that everyone is using the same version of Office so we can narrow issues down with formatting and troubleshooting.
  • We like that we can use Skype for text, voice, and video conference calls and even share our desktops and computers for remote troubleshooting.
  • It is nice that we no longer have to worry about our Exchange server going down or having file issues. That is all now outsourced and we have not had any downtime.
  • We also like the new larger mailbox size limits and attachment limits which were problems we always had to deal with in the past.
  • I think the set up of Skype could be improved. It took quite a bit of searching to figure out how to add a group of users and we still had to have each individual add the group. It would be nice to be able to administer that remotely.
  • We would like more training available for the DIY IT staff for setting up SharePoint intranet sites.
  • More training on lesser-known features such as Teams so we know what the tools are used for and if they could be useful for our organization.
I think it is well suited for a company trying to offload some of their old internal IT functions to the cloud. It reduces the stress internally and provides for better uptime which is critical for e-mail. I think it also helps reduce hardware costs as you no longer need onsite servers with the same amount of power since you no longer have to run Exchange.
Read David White's full review
JaCoby Marston, CPA profile photo
February 05, 2019

Microsoft 365 Business Review: "Easy to Use Time Saver!"

• Compatible with more other software like QuickBooks.
  • The ability to have your documents saved in the cloud for extra protection from a computer crashing.
  • The ease of using different apps like Excel and Word. They are very user-friendly.
  • I wish this software had the ability to function like Google's Tools. I wish multiple people could work on the same spreadsheet at the same time.
  • The help and how-to section could be improved by giving better tips on how to do things.
  • The cost is pricey.
Microsoft 365 Business is great for the small business that requires the use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint tools. Actually, I think this tool would work for any companies that have to work on projects like accounting. I personally use Excel every day. It is a lifesaver and saves me a ton of time when it comes to creating accounting reports and financial data reports. If you require the need to have multiple people working on the same project at the same time then Microsoft 365 Business is not for you. Also, Microsoft 365 Business does get expensive if you have tons of employees that need the software. Maybe it is possible to get a deal through Microsoft for a huge volume of users.
Read JaCoby Marston, CPA's full review
Jamie Drahos profile photo
January 11, 2019

Microsoft 365 Business Review: "A robust cloud-based platform for enterprise business"

• Integration across the suite of products. Much like other cloud platforms, Microsoft has done an excellent job of integrating their products with each other and other third party platforms.
  • Plentiful storage. OneDrive and SharePoint cloud storage is more than enough for even our power users. It allows for seamless migration to new computer hardware and the peace of mind of continuous backup to Microsoft's infrastructure.
  • User account management. It is easy to setup new users in the company and add services to their individual user profile. We dont have to license every product for every user. We can piece-meal service for specific use cases.
  • Mobile app support. Microsoft has built some of the best mobile apps on the market for both iOS and Android. This makes it easy to use 365 Business on the go.
  • The breadth of products can be overwhelming. I applaud Microsoft for their innovation of new products and service, but it feels like some products step on the toes of others. At times, it can be tricky knowing which is the best for your specific use. Additionally, most people probably only use about 20% of the products/services/features.
  • Office is still Office. Let's face it, 90% of large companies use Microsoft Office, which is a large part of the 365 Business suite. Although the most recent updates are nice, it still feels a bit stagnant after all these years.
  • Steep learning curve for some users. Some of the apps and services included in 365 Business are so powerful that the learning curve for your average business user can be a bit steep. This requires added training resources and more of a barrier to adoption.
I highly recommend Microsoft 365 Business to anyone within our organization, because they already have access to many programs and services that can improve their quality of work. It's a no-brainer in that case. However, it becomes a bit more complicated for people that are outside of our organization that are looking to adopt 365 Business. It would come down to their company size and needs. I believe Microsoft's scale is well suited for large enterprise organizations. Smaller businesses may be happy with an alternative from Google or the likes. It may be more affordable for smaller companies to simply license Microsoft Office, which comes with OneDrive storage and then piece-meal other products that better fit their needs.
Read Jamie Drahos's full review
Randy Rasmussen, SHRM-CP, PHR, PMP profile photo
December 05, 2018

Review: "Microsoft 365 Business is well worth the time and investment!"

• Keeping the whole company updated on the latest app versions. Cuts down on upgrading time and version control.
  • Teams is a great way to share info and documents with fluctuating working groups, both internally and externally.
  • Allowing access to current applications on any device with the same login.
  • It needs to be easier to scale documents when viewing them in Teams. Sometimes it is hard to view all the data you need to see, unless you open the doc in the application for editing.
When you have teams of people, both internally and externally, who need to collaborate on documents and communicate about a project, MS Teams is perfect! The teams can even be fluid, as you can add and subtract members at any time.

If you don't have computers that are constantly connected to the internet, 365 Business may not work for you.
Read Randy Rasmussen, SHRM-CP, PHR, PMP's full review
Sudha Govindaraju profile photo
November 29, 2018

Microsoft 365 Business Review: "Perfect for Business- Microsoft 365"

• Work from anywhere with Internet Access.
  • Allows team collaboration, which helps two or more users to collaborate a piece of work at the same time.
  • Advanced protective features which reduces risks.
  • Might not be compatible with your old systems.
  • Places which suffer from poor Interent problems might not be able to make the full use out of Microsoft 365.
  • Unless using the Office Enterprise plan, one may not be able to control their own data.
Microsoft 365 Business is almost like all other cloud based platforms, saving our data in the cloud. This is how one can actually re-access the data from anywhere even if not at their respective workstation or using the same laptop. However, the same thing could be a disadvantage if the company/individual using Microsoft 365 has poor internet connectivity issues.
Read Sudha Govindaraju's full review
Eldad Arad profile photo
January 31, 2019

Microsoft 365 Business Review: "Good for basic functionality and individuals. For teams, there is room for improvement."

The package is out there, "on the shelf," teams and individuals can go ahead and use it as they want for personal or team work.
I think for individuals the advantage is the online storage and work space accessible as a cloud service.
For teams - as a collaboration platform.
Not to mention the flexibility of working with external users, mainly customers who should participate in our projects (e.g. implementation projects).
  • Very good behavior of the Office apps (Excel, Word, OneNote...) as part of the 365 suite. Very close to the locally-installed programs.
  • Good to organize content in the form of files or *simple* text.
  • Simple pages-level management e.g. add/remove/move.
  • Bugs during workflows aren't rare enough. For example, in my experience, saving after adding web parts.
  • The SharePoint app is (still) too complicated to work with, requires knowledge and experience even for simple tasks. Although trying to deliver a simple workflow of page editing, it is actually not intuitive enough, and takes time and effort to have a page with few features like lists, etc.
  • The product terminology isn't clear at start - you have to understand what pages, site content, apps, and other web parts are to successfully work with them all.
Good for having one place for a team to share content, mainly files, just to aggregate them.
Good for web-based work with the good-old Office suite.
Good for having team members work on same files remotely.
Not good for quickly setting up a nice team site featuring web parts.
Read Eldad Arad's full review
Geoffrey Seiler profile photo
January 29, 2019

Microsoft 365 Business Review: "Office 365 for a Global Non-Profit"

Currently, our entire organization has implemented the use of Microsoft 365 Business to provide remote access to email, documents, and calendars for meetings. We are using the system to allow our very siloed global departments to share visibility and control version histories for our process documents. Additionally, we are creating shared agendas and virtual workspaces for improved meeting productivity and cross-border projects.
  • Provides remote access to emails and calendars easily from any internet connected device.
  • Allows remote access, editing, and control of version histories for shared documents or projects.
  • Massive amount of storage space provided for shared projects and efforts
  • Can be overwhelming with many features not being utilized due to lack of knowledge, awareness, and/or training.
  • Some lag time/delays can cause unnecessary typos and errors on shared projects.
  • We've faced some issues with the integration with Skype for Business in terms of missed notifications, missed messages, and difficulties with the automatic sign-on.
Microsoft 365 Business is very well-suited for a global company with geographically dispersed employees, efforts, and projects to allow for collaboration and support from any connected device. While it can take some time to integrate and ensure consistent use across your enterprise, the benefits far outweigh any difficulties in start-up and the learning curve is quick.
Read Geoffrey Seiler's full review
Karen Tuecke profile photo
January 17, 2019

Microsoft 365 Business: "At a Glance, My Microsoft 365 Review"

Our entire organization uses Microsoft 365 Business. This assists us in collaboration and communication. The implementation of Microsoft 365 Business has created consistency in our modes of communication. The programs also allow for flexibility in collaborating on projects. Our staff enjoys the features the programs offer, and how the results are communicated to other staff members.
  • Microsoft 365 Business allows us to work using a web-based version, rather than having our technology specialist install a hard drive version and using that memory.
  • Immediate sync to e-mail and calendars. Absolutely perfect for those on the go.
  • Our staff is able to communicate in real time and collaborate on projects. This is HUGE, as our staff can work on projects when they can get to it and there's less scheduling of meetings to talk about the content.
  • Viruses are still a concern and sharing a document or project on the web allows for vulnerability.
  • Embedding of macros and sharing is also a concern when transferring data via e-mail.
  • The calendars are not as good as Google Calendars, and unfortunately Microsoft 365 does not integrate well with the Google Calendar.
The Microsoft 365 is fantastic for people who work remotely and need to collaborate with other employees. Unfortunately, I like Google Calendars, and Outlook 365, in my opinion, does not work as well as Google Calendars. Otherwise, the entire suite is awesome.
Read Karen Tuecke's full review
Ray Hirte profile photo
January 01, 2019

Microsoft 365 Business Review: "Office 365 for business"

The entire organization is using Office 365 for business. We did a phased implementation for the organization and I was an early adopter in the second phase of early adopters.
  • Looks and worked just like the installed version of Word with the addition of the cloud storage for files.
  • Ability to easily get files externally with a county device.
  • Didn't experience any down time associated with the application.
  • I think it was more of a setting on our side as we could not get to our files from any personal devices.
  • When you shared files with others it sent an email that was external to the county and many people thought it was spam or a phishing attempt.
I could not tell the difference between 365 and our previous on-premise solution. I was unaware of any scenarios where it didn't work as well as the installed version. The additional storage was great and helped to save our department money as we moved off of network storage.
Read Ray Hirte's full review
Janene Buck profile photo
December 09, 2018

Microsoft 365 Business Review: "Microsoft 365 Helps me Strive"

We use Microsoft 365 Business across most of our organization. I probably use it the most. Our sales team and other management also use it daily. Our sales team uses it for downloading and saving their customer marketing lists and call logs. They also use it to write scripts for pitching on their accounts. This is where we use it as a group so to speak. We have a group of us that collaborate on scripts and other documents and this program allows us to recommend changes to each other, chat with each other on the document in real time. We can protect our propriety information and only give access to those who need it. We can also limit the access to view or edit.
  • In my opinion the best feature for our business is being able to log in to different things remotely. I can access documents on my phone, my tablet, and even my home computer. Quite often I get a call while shopping or what have you with a work question and I love being able to take out my phone and easily answer a question or view a document.
  • PowerPoint of course is a necessity in any business that is selling something. We are able to show a presentation to a potential client out in the field easily.
  • When I was doing sales before I went into services there was an instance that while at the grocery store I ran into a potential client who started asking me questions on our services. I literally pulled out my phone and played a powerpoint presentation, I was also able to access other documents that were needed, I was able to edit them right on the spot. The next day I had a new client, signed sealed and delivered!!!
  • Being able to set up conference calls and sent out invites easily to a group along with call-in number and code. Really easy to use.
  • There are times when I have to "Skype" a client or someone and I really find that difficult to use. I don't really know how to improve it, I just don't like it.
  • There was one time I was trying to do a mass email to my contacts and that was a pain as it was restricted on how many I could do. It hasn't been a problem since so I am unsure if IT fixed it.
For our company it is great because we use a lot of the features it comes with such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Word and Excel - I use all day long and so do our sales team. I do think a larger company with a management team can benefit from this software and enable them to save time in amending documents, have meetings, and be able to work remotely. A smaller company is probably not going to need this and could manage with just purchasing some individual software such as a document program and maybe a bookkeeping program. My opinion - this is only cost effective for large companies.
Read Janene Buck's full review
Brian Caulfield profile photo
November 05, 2018

Review: "Microsoft 365 Business - Perfect Solution to your problems"

Microsoft 365 Business is being used throughout the whole company. It is being utilized to create documents, spreadsheets and email communications. The business problem being solved is having a software package that delivers a solution for all business documentation & communication issues.
  • Communication across teams
  • One software package to rule them all
  • Communicating with an external customer who does not have the Microsoft platform can result in difficulty in integration across the platforms and thus increasing communication difficulties.
Microsoft 365 Business is well suited for using the cloud for storage and accessing the Microsoft platform of products. It does a great job in accessibility no matter where you are and allows you to edit these files with the Microsoft suite of software tools.
Read Brian Caulfield's full review
Caitlin Campbell profile photo
October 30, 2018

Microsoft 365 Business Review: "Office 365 supports my Virtual office"

We use Microsoft Office 365 Business throughout the organization. It allows my remote employees to have access to their email and files wherever they may be. The wealth of products included in the suite increase our productivity and reduce the need for additional companies' products.
  • We rely heavily on the booking tool included in the product. It ties seamlessly with Outlook and it provides our clients a shortcut to getting scheduled.
  • We like how well it syncs across platforms - desktop to cell phones, calendars and email are always up to date.
  • The Teams application allows us to reduce the amount of email we send in house and has increased our collaboration.
  • The Excel product is weak. We will always use the desktop installed Excel if we need a spreadsheet that has functions.
We think Microsoft 365 is suited in most business settings. The online access coupled with the desktop installations will meet all business needs for email, chatting and office automation.
Read Caitlin Campbell's full review
Shelby Bowden profile photo
October 22, 2018

Review: "Microsoft 365 Business - making your business better!"

We use 365 Business in our every day operations pretty consistently throughout the day. We use this program to communicate, to share ideas, to share files, and to organize groups. The Skype feature is especially useful as we have lots of clients and collaborators who are offsite, and OneDrive helps us share files with these people.
  • OneDrive is an easy and fast way to share large files.
  • Very easy to share Microsoft files such as Excel and PowerPoint.
  • Integrated systems with many of the applications we use every day.
  • Frustrating that only very small files can be emailed.
  • Outlook is complicated and messy to use.
  • Mobile applications are not as smooth as desktop versions.
It is very good for sharing all things Microsoft. The integrated Excel, PowerPoint, and word features make it very easy to view, edit, and share those files across the web. The OneDrive account is also great for this, especially when dealing with Microsoft files. I find Outlook to be very clunky and difficult to use.
Read Shelby Bowden's full review
Lori Scarmardo profile photo
January 15, 2019

Review: "Microsoft 365 Business Brings Teams Together"

Microsoft 365 is used across the whole organization. It addresses our communication needs & allows us to easily collaborate on various documents & spreadsheets from any location. Users have easy access via their desktop, laptop, or mobile devices, which makes working together easier for team members who travel frequently and cannot be in the office every day.
  • Allows for easy collaboration on documents by letting multiple users access one document to make changes in real time. No need to email the same document back and forth to each other for updates.
  • Allows remote workers to access team documents and easily communicate with their team, even when not physically in the office.
  • Easy to use platform with familiar tools.
  • I honestly can't think of anything negative I have encountered in my use of Microsoft 365 Business.
Very well suited to organizations that have a need to share data & documents across teams or with remote workers needing real-time access to files. Great for keeping in touch with team members regardless of location.
Read Lori Scarmardo's full review
Mandi Kohlmeier profile photo
December 18, 2018

Microsoft 365 Business Review: "Microsoft 365 works for our business needs"

The software is used by many people. The producers use it to make spreadsheets and estimates. We use it for making shoot docs and everyday memos. It’s intuitive and helpful.
  • Multiple users can use it
  • Price point is high
We can use this program in multiple facets of our job. So having one system that can help with estimates, memos, production docs and other basic office needs is great. It means we all learn one system that can help with everything.
Read Mandi Kohlmeier's full review
wilfred amedior profile photo
November 01, 2018

Review: "Why you must use Microsoft 365 Business"

It is used by the IT department. It offers secure storage and protection of our data and easy access to it anytime we need, even if we're out of the office. Also helps to manage all our applications in one place.
  • Manages our all data
  • Tracks all applications
  • Manages business emails
  • Data privacy, since Microsoft turns to secure your data
  • Limited functionality of users, since not all features are used by my organization
  • Compatibility organisation system
Suitable for sending large volumes of email to clients and businesses.
Read wilfred amedior's full review
February 13, 2019

Microsoft 365 Business Review: "Microsoft Business 365 is Essentially Easy to Use"

Microsoft 365 Business is being used across the entire company for email, Word documents, Excel sheets, and PowerPoint. The seamless integration between all of the programs makes this intuitive and simple to use. As an example, you can easily import charts made in Excel into an MS Word document to provide a visual representation of your data.
  • The whole solution that provides a program for all of your basic to intermediate day to day business needs.
  • Programs that function seamlessly together with formatting that works the same across the board.
  • Controls and features that are common across multiple programs make them easier to learn, use, and teach new users.
  • Some formatting issues in Word documents can be frustrating, like lining up indents/margins.
  • Pattern recognition features in Excel aren't available in all other Microsoft programs like MS Project which can create a lot of time-consuming repetition.
  • MS Outlook search functions could use an "advanced search" feature to help find that specific email you're looking for.
Microsoft 365 Business is well suited for businesses of all sizes across any industry I can think of. I would describe it as an essential tool for any business that owns computers. With this package, you can create your own templates for quotes, sales receipts, and tracking forms without getting into expensive custom solutions from outsourced parties.
January 15, 2019

Microsoft 365 Business Review: "Everything you've come to love and expect with Microsoft Office, plus it's cloud friendly"

Microsoft 365 Business is used across our whole business, from junior staff in every department through to the CEO.

It solves a number of business problems, we:

- Use Outlook to send emails to our customers. This helps my sales colleagues to close deals and help customers with their support issues.
- Create PowerPoints to share information. Myself and others create PowerPoints to present business cases to management, and managers use them to share information with all employees.
- Analyse data with Excel. To give a small example, I recently download an Excel list of all customers from our CRM and used the tool to analyse the average sales cycle.
  • It offers web versions of the core tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc). I find this useful when I want to work at home or I'm travelling.
  • We've upgraded to the Business Premium version, which includes a web version of Outlook. I use this to answer emails and check my calendar while I'm travelling.
  • This is probably quite a basic feature, but I like how you can install desktop versions of the software on multiple devices. I definitely prefer the desktop versions of Office, so this is handy again for working at home.
  • I also love the Microsoft Office products. I know them well and they do gradually keep getting better. For example, they recently upgraded the icons to give them a modern look. It's a small touch but it shows the product is being invested in.
  • If you buy the Premium version, you will get access to the web version of Outlook. While this is useful for basic checking of emails, it is fairly limited in some respects:
  • - It's hard to see any folders you use in the desktop version of Outlook. So if you've put an email in a folder, it is difficult to search for it.
  • - If you open an email thread in the web version of Outlook, it will mark all emails in that thread as unread in the desktop version of Outlook. Not very useful.
  • There's almost too much choice! If you buy the premium versions, you get access to a tonne of software, such as Delve, Sway and Teams. I know some of these are good, but I'm not too familiar with most of them.
  • It would be handy if each product had a little 30 second introduction, plus a quick tutorial on how to set it up. There's a lot to learn!
  • This is a very minor one, but you can't create a circle shape in PowerPoint! You can create an oval shape, and turn it into a circle. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems a bit odd.
  • I'd like Microsoft to modernise the desktop version of Outlook. The other day, I tried to set up an automatic add of a BCC to every email created (so it would be copied to our CRM). There is seemingly no way to do this, even with VBScript.
Microsoft 365 Business is well suited to most organisations, especially those which favour the Microsoft stack (i.e. they use Microsoft Office instead of Google Docs etc). It's particularly well suited to business professions such as marketing, project management and finance. And if they need to travel a lot to meet clients, it's even more useful thanks to the web versions.

It's probably less useful if you work in software development, where you won't often create Word Documents and you probably use more advanced tools than Excel to conduct data analysis.
October 22, 2018

Microsoft 365 Business Review: "Excellent choice for small businesses looking to increase productivity"

Microsoft 365 Business is used in many ways within my organization. We collect lots of data, being an environmental surveying company, but we also have to present that data and process it. Microsoft Office applications are the go-to because they are familiar to all employees and accessible, so creating reports and tutorials are easy and professional in appearance. 365 Business provides us with the full Office setup as well as cloud storage and security. The cloud storage is especially helpful as we work from home or from the field site many days of the week. Overall it is a great program that allows my company the comfort and reliability of Microsoft Office with the security and flexibility 365 adds to it all.
  • Microsoft Office! Being able to have a package deal that includes "old faithful" Microsoft Office, as well as current updates, is a blessing. With some older employees, Microsoft Office is the only processor they've really dealt with and it simplifies everything not to have to train them on new programs.
  • Cloud storage. With 1TB of cloud storage, we can do so much! We collect a lot of data but also end up co-writing reports and making new tutorials for instruments. Being able to share those easily through my computer AND have the file types be synchronized (see my Office point above), is a timesaver and really increases productivity and how quickly we can get back to our clients.
  • The combination of Outlook and Exchange makes it so easy to remember everyone's schedules, along with the company schedule. As a new company, projects and presentations come up last minute and it's hard to keep track of different calendar systems and emails. This is definitely a stress-reducing part of 365 Business.
  • The security and data protection is also reassuring. We have had a few clients previously where the data and final reports are somewhat confidential and this is just an added layer of protection around the company!
  • While it is nice having Outlook connected with everything, it has always been a little difficult to adjust to using a new email receiver if you have only been using the host. The interface is different and, though not bad, definitely takes some getting used to.
  • More simplified and accessible storage upgrades would be nice. 1TB is a LOT, I know, but in the science world some instruments collect a LOT of data. And we need somewhere to keep it where it's accessible and secure.
365 Business is well suited for companies of most sizes, but especially smaller companies. It provides the security and reliability needed to ensure business runs smoothly and sensitive data doesn't get misplaced. It is flexible for users of all ages as it is mostly similar to other office programs. The cloud storage and reliable Office suite are a huge draw! The ability to work from a distance and keep on track with schedules and documents is also a plus. If you need more highpowered programs than what Office has to offer, this may not be the best program to use. While it is convenient in many ways, it doesn't necessarily have the built in high powered processing applications some companies may need.
January 29, 2019

Microsoft 365 Business Review: "365 has you Covered!"

We use 365 company-wide. For years, we had battled with our Exchange server. As 365 became available and more economical, we made the jump first with our email and Exchange server. It has saved us so much time. We don't have to worry about either anymore.

Now we use the full suite 365 offers, including Teams. We're happy with the synergy it brings, particularly to the IT department. It's a seamless experience between Azure DevOps, Teams, and other Microsoft products we use.

Microsoft is adding new options as well. They have a newer invoicing tool we're looking at too.
  • Email server and associated services - no more worry about an on-premise email server. Ease of administration of email accounts.
  • The synergy of Microsoft products - the ability to use and tie several products together from anywhere: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.
  • Workflow has been great as well - we've been able to automate several tasks that previously required a person on our team to complete.
  • The cloud version of OneNote needs some work; I prefer the desktop version. I found the web version to be a bit laggy and slow.
We're a Microsoft shop, from a development and network perspective. So it makes sense for us to use their 365 tools as well. We've seen great synergies by doing that and a more seamless user experience. Automation of processes and tasks with Workflow has been helpful. Collaboration and team communication have improved with Teams, particularly with those who work remotely. Having our productivity pieces available in the cloud has also helped improve documentation and communication, particularly having those work with Teams and other 365 apps.
January 19, 2019

Microsoft 365 Business Review: "Good for some"

We are no longer using MS365 Business. It was one of a few options that made sense. It is a robust solution for multiple needs. We had issues using it across multiple devices with independent sales agents of varied technical abilities. It worked well for some and not for others. We had difficulty with authorizations and sharing. As an admin I found it frustrating to be required to log out of an account before I could access another.
  • Basic email.
  • Access to core applications like Word & Excel.
  • Managing schedules.
  • Inability to manage multiple accounts simultaneously - log out required.
  • Sharing frequently failed. "Unauthorized."
  • Licensing issues across multiple devices.
Would work well in a managed environment with users on the same software and operating platforms.
January 16, 2019

Microsoft 365 Business Review: "An absolute must-have productivity tool set."

This was implemented in our department over a year ago. It was the perfect solution for multiple requirements that we had (email and productivity suite). We have been using it extensively since then. Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook are business critical tools for us and I like how dependable they are. Our local IT support team handles support related issues and they are pretty happy with the response they get on the few occasions when they have to escalate issues to Microsoft's support team. The added cloud storage has been working great for us as well. Sharing files using that saves us a lot of back and forth emails. You also get a lot of space per user on the cloud with the default plans. It also performs better for us than the previous versions of Office that we used to use. Overall, it's a fantastic productivity suite.
  • The cloud storage is easy to set up and share with your co-workers.
  • It is fast and responsive even on some of our older systems.
  • Mobile support is excellent.
  • Microsoft provides very good after sales support to our IT team.
  • You will need a decent internet connection. I have had issues using this sometimes when I was working off the Hotel's wifi.
  • I feel like there are too many updates/patches.
It really is an absolute must-have productivity suite. If you are working in any sort of a business environment it's perfect for you. Their plans are reasonably priced and you get access to it over multiple platforms (PC and mobile). There are alternatives that are free (Open Office, Google suite) but you will always be compromising somewhere if you opt for those alternatives. However, if you are a small business, I feel like you can get by using options like Google Suite, etc. But if you have more than a few people on the team, I would really recommend giving this a long look.
December 22, 2018

Microsoft 365 Business Review: "I would make this decision again no problem."

We use Microsoft 365 Business every day and it is an important part of our workflow. The cloud works reliably and easily allows any remote employees to feel like they apart of the team. Along with each person's individual cloud storage, we also heavily use SharePoint for group access to files. Out of the programs in the suite, we use Outlook, Word, Excel, and Teams the most.
  • You can collaborate with other people at the same time in one document via the cloud.
  • Video calling with Teams is great for impromptu meetings with your coworkers.
  • I love that you can sync the documents from the cloud with multiple devices. The files on my home PC match the files on my work PC and my tablet.
  • I can't forget about Microsoft Exchange for email. Having all your contacts, calendar appointments, and email activity sync in real time with all your devices is amazing.
  • It takes a little extra effort to learn about a program if you don't know all the in's and out's when setting it up.
Microsoft 365 Business is great if you are looking for a cloud-based system. We had an onsite server that was ready for replacement. and were looking to move to an easy secure cloud system that allows for the freedom to use web applications or locally installed copies (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook) that are frequently updated.
December 21, 2018

Microsoft 365 Business Review: "Microsoft 365 is an ecosystem that promotes good research."

Microsoft 365 is used across the entire University of Kentucky campus. It is serving as a turn-key solution for many technology needs. Using this Microsoft service allows the university to have access to modern technology services which allows students and organizations to focus more on their areas of study and research.
  • wide array of services
  • single authentication
  • reliability
  • cost of services is too high
  • training resources
  • cross platform compatibility
Having access to SharePoint groups is particularly useful as our research is divided into many teams, time frames, and topics. In SharePoint we can collaborate and communicate on our work as a team very effectively. The integration of SharePoint Groups into other services helps to save us time in setting the same group up multiple times.
November 05, 2018

Review: "Microsoft 365 Business a good step forward"

Microsoft 365 Business has been implemented across our organization. The upgrade to Microsoft 365 Business has allowed for reduction/elimination of less secure/un-secure or unmonitored (by the company) work sharing solutions. Microsoft 365 Business allows for multiple individuals to access the same draft work product without the endless emails back and forth and allows individuals to access their own work on progress from different systems seamlessly.
  • Cross functional document collaboration
  • Untethering users from a primary system
  • One system sign in
  • Intuitive file storage system
  • SharePoint sites are still not intuitive or easy to set up
Microsoft 365 Business is generally good for cross-team real-time collaboration. The one caveat to that is the setup of SharePoint sites, which still requires some training to get a good, functional site set up. Also, for users to make the best use of the site once it's set up well, requires some training for new users, otherwise you land up with people not understanding the advantages and you will get things like multiple draft saves.

About Microsoft 365 Business

An integrated solution, designed for your small or medium-sized businesses, bringing together the best-in-class productivity of Office 365 with advanced security capabilities to help safeguard your data from external threats and help protect against data leaks. With Microsoft 365 Business, you can empower your employees to be productive anywhere on any device. Get more done with AI built into the Office apps. Work better together with a hub for teamwork bringing your tools and people together in one place. Build a better business with tools to engage customers and optimize your business processes and operations. Get a solution that is simplified for you so you can get back to why you got into business the first place.

Microsoft 365 Business Features

Has featureStay up-to-date with the latest versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more
Has featureConnect with customers and coworkers using Outlook, Exchange and Teams
Has featureManage your files from anywhere with 1TB of storage on OneDrive for Business
Has featureHelp secure business data on personal and company-owned devices
Has featureGet upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 Pro
Has featureGuard against unsafe attachments, suspicious links, and other malware
Has featureManage new PCs and devices faster and more easily than ever
Has feature99.9% financially-backed uptime guarantee and 24x7 online and phone support

Microsoft 365 Business Competitors

Microsoft 365 Business Technical Details

Deployment Types:On-premise, SaaS
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Mac
Mobile Application:Apple iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Mobile Web
Supported Countries:Afghanistan, Åland Islands, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bonaire, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo (DRC), Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Côte d'Ivoire, Croatia, Curaçao, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guernsey, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Honduras, Hong Kong SAR, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Jan Mayen, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Kosovo, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao SAR, Macedonia (FYRO), Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestinian Authority, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn Islands, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Réunion, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saba, Saint Barthélemy, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Sint Eustatius, Sint Maarten, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands, South Sudan, Spain, Sri Lanka, St Helena – Ascension - Tristan da Cunha, Suriname, Sweden, Switzerland, Svalbard, Swaziland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, U.S. Outlying Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, Yemen, Zambia, and Zimbabwe
Supported Languages: Arabic, Basque, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Latin), Serbian (Cyrillic), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese