Microsoft 365 Business Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Jeremy Kramer profile photo
Microsoft 365 Business is absolutely integral to the corporate accounting department at my publishing company. We've even recently been on-boarding aspects of the software suite that make previously used software irrelevant, like using Microsoft Teams instead of Skype or Slack.

The seamless integration of Outlook with all other programs in the suite makes document sharing a breeze. Cloud integration with OneDrive makes collaboration so much easier during month-end tasks that require a reconciliation, roll forward, or schedule to be looked at or contributed to by so many people without copy after copy floating around.

But selfishly, one of my favorite aspects of 365 is dark themes. Not only for aesthetic reasons (which do factor in), but for eye strain too! Cutting down on blue light in any way possible is always a plus, and thanks to darker themes in programs that are nearly always open on my PC (Outlook, Excel, etc.), those long-day headaches are far less frequent.

Something else to keep in mind with 365 is the ability for employees to contribute on another machine if their own issued computer is out of commission. With 365, documents need not be tied down to a machine that is lost, stolen, or in repair.

• Outlook integration: as mentioned in the rest of the review, working with documents, spreadsheets, etc. in Outlook is seamless. Previewing an Excel doc instead of opening can be a lifesaver when there are already 15 windows of Excel open!
  • Aesthetics: while not the most important feature of any software, appearance can go a long way to make the experience feel less like a chore, and can also contribute to usability for a newer user.
  • Time Management: Outlook works with Calendars, Teams, and Contact books to make meeting scheduling and execution easy, but with 365, the cloud focus allows even greater flexibility for someone working from home or calling into a meeting remotely.
  • Memory management: on the more technical side, 365 manages the CPU and RAM of the user's machine in a way that isn't wasteful, and I personally have experienced far fewer crashes in cloud-based documents.
  • In Excel: being an accountant, this is obviously the program I use most, and where I notice the most areas for improvement. Microsoft has historically paid attention to its community feedback, but could do so in a more timely manner, and also come back around to some of the issues that have multiple hundred "me too!" responses, but no official fix other than a program restart, or worse, none at all.
  • In Microsoft Word: historically, page numbering has been a major issue with Word, and continues to be in 365. The system is confusing, clunky, and many users end up needing to put in manual text boxes to number pages. It's a relatively small issue, but frustrating on the occasions that it arises.
  • In Outlook: having a view option for threads that collapses the traditional long-form to something more quickly scan-able would be huge. Compressing the four or five lines of "From", "To", "CC", and "BCC" into a single "John Doe to Jane Smith copying Mike Jones", and offering the longer form for the more traditional types would be an example.
For technical tasks, in-company information, and cross-team collaboration, Microsoft 365 is perfect. For intra-company collaborations, more creative efforts, and outward-facing reporting, it may be still useful, albeit less seamless. For creative job roles, writers, web editors, designers, etc., the Microsoft suite may clash with their usage of Mac and Adobe suites.
Read Jeremy Kramer's full review
Amulya Singh profile photo
Microsoft 365 is used by the whole organization. SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, Office Apps, and Teams are the primary applications that we use. It really helps coordinate various teams in the filed with organization-wide communication and being on the same page for certain projects. It has also assisted us in safely storing a mountain of data that we use on a daily basis. MS365 Business is truly a game changer for us for communicating within the group and staying organized.
  • Cloud Storage is a breeze with OneDrive.
  • Sharing and storage of documents is so easy with SharePoint.
  • Communication on projects and keeping information relevant is fantastic with Teams.
  • Sharing Outlook Calendars and staying on top of the tasks is brilliant.
  • User Interface and seamless transition from computer to mobile devices and groundbreaking.
  • More user control in SharePoint with better UI will really benefit this platform.
  • Granting Access to outside users to certain OneDrive functionality with person OneDrive app will be beneficial.
  • A program similar to Webex to conduct the virtual meeting (to include people from outside the organization) will be great.
Anytime you have more than 10 people in your organization and they are scattered, MS365 Business can do wonders for the organization. Even if you will not use the myriad of apps they offer, the basic apps can help you keep organized and maintain a level of communication that is so very necessary for many organizations today. We have just started using "Forms" in ours, and it has solved so many feedback issues. Team members can now give feedbacks on questions with anonymity and confidence.
Read Amulya Singh's full review
Janene Buck profile photo
We use Microsoft 365 Business across most of our organization. I probably use it the most. Our sales team and other management also use it daily. Our sales team uses it for downloading and saving their customer marketing lists and call logs. They also use it to write scripts for pitching on their accounts. This is where we use it as a group so to speak. We have a group of us that collaborate on scripts and other documents and this program allows us to recommend changes to each other, chat with each other on the document in real time. We can protect our propriety information and only give access to those who need it. We can also limit the access to view or edit.
  • In my opinion the best feature for our business is being able to log in to different things remotely. I can access documents on my phone, my tablet, and even my home computer. Quite often I get a call while shopping or what have you with a work question and I love being able to take out my phone and easily answer a question or view a document.
  • PowerPoint of course is a necessity in any business that is selling something. We are able to show a presentation to a potential client out in the field easily.
  • When I was doing sales before I went into services there was an instance that while at the grocery store I ran into a potential client who started asking me questions on our services. I literally pulled out my phone and played a powerpoint presentation, I was also able to access other documents that were needed, I was able to edit them right on the spot. The next day I had a new client, signed sealed and delivered!!!
  • Being able to set up conference calls and sent out invites easily to a group along with call-in number and code. Really easy to use.
  • There are times when I have to "Skype" a client or someone and I really find that difficult to use. I don't really know how to improve it, I just don't like it.
  • There was one time I was trying to do a mass email to my contacts and that was a pain as it was restricted on how many I could do. It hasn't been a problem since so I am unsure if IT fixed it.
For our company it is great because we use a lot of the features it comes with such as Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. Word and Excel - I use all day long and so do our sales team. I do think a larger company with a management team can benefit from this software and enable them to save time in amending documents, have meetings, and be able to work remotely. A smaller company is probably not going to need this and could manage with just purchasing some individual software such as a document program and maybe a bookkeeping program. My opinion - this is only cost effective for large companies.
Read Janene Buck's full review
Vinay Pushkarna, B.Eng, MBA profile photo
MS Office 365 is the system of choice for us going forward. It does have a number of benefits when it comes to providing the ability to work from any location. Personally, I bought into the concept of moving to cloud for system applications just because we will have the latest tools all the time and there is less change fatigue. Traditionally, the system changes come in one big initiative putting a strain on the resources and personnel.
  • The ability to move from system to system within an ecosystem and continue that chain of work has been extremely useful for me.
  • Hosting applications in the cloud have eliminated the need for huge capital investments in the conference rooms.
  • I believe in the long run it helps in relieving the change fatigue across the organization, particularly when we move to upgrade our systems.
  • Microsoft Office 365 absolutely needs some fundamental infrastructure. Without a reliable internet connection, there have been many instances when people have worked on a document offline and it never got updated. Such user experience pain points put a strain on the transformational changes you want to bring about in the organization.
  • I think the biggest challenges will be adoption. There is just a lack of education from Microsoft.
  • There will always be security challenges. I don't think these will go away but each concern needs to be seriously addressed.
Mature organizations who have already taken on the journey to the cloud and also have started investing in the associated infrastructure are good test cases. A good assessment of the current state of their storage will go a long way in making sure the end result is not painful for the users.
Read Vinay Pushkarna, B.Eng, MBA's full review
Michael Lofting profile photo
Across the organization. Addresses compatibility and location problems that we have had in the past.
When away at meetings, it is very nice to be able to log in and use your regular programs and be able to send and save directly to your account.
  • Compatibility across the organization
  • Ease in saving documents to a secure location
  • Reliability
  • Updates done automatically when machine is resting.
  • It lags when updates are waiting.
When traveling it is very nice to pull up program and documents. Do not see the downside on less appropriate.
Read Michael Lofting's full review
Scott Heywood profile photo
Microsoft Office 365 Business is used across my entire organization of around 1000 people. This software is used by my organization for collaboration, presentations, financial analysis, and note taking. The accessibility of this software is extremely useful to myself and my co-workers as it allows us to work from anywhere that has an internet connection.
  • Convenient for accessing anywhere
  • Cross platform capabilities (Windows, iOS, web browsers, etc)
  • Powerful software that has become the gold standard in ever organization (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
  • Mobile applications are underwhelming
They've made it so easy to use the Microsoft Office products that nothing else even comes to mind when recommending a solution.
Read Scott Heywood's full review
Deidre Chavira profile photo
Aside from LPL, Cetera is also in the top 2 largest financial services firm in the US. We have thousands of reps out in the field and we have many locations across the country. All of our thousands of people whether workers in the home office or out in the field are connected through Microsoft 365 Business.
  • The directory
  • The sharing of work, the attachment of emails and other files.
  • The capability to report cyber attacks.
  • It sometimes can be slow to load the calendar because so many of us are connected
Microsoft 365 Business is well suited for large organizations because it helps everyone stay connected. It is the main leader in the field for leading businesses. The only time when it is not well suited is when there are so many people involved that sometimes it can be slow, but it is very minimal.
Read Deidre Chavira's full review
Microsoft 365 Business is being used across our whole organization. Microsoft 365 Business enables users to create, share, collaborate, conference, and even direct message each other on the company and personal devices, potentially on any network.
  • Collaboration. We can easily share documents we've created between different users and different departments.
  • Live updates. Different users have the capability to update the same "live" document.
  • Online to offline functionality. Don't like working in Excel online? Just download the document as an Excel file, edit it yourself, then save to the cloud.
  • Exact replication of functionality between offline and online programs. Excel commands in Excel Online can be tricky, but not obstructively so.
Microsoft 365 Business is perfect for a company looking to make its users, who use Microsoft products, more collaborative and efficient.
We use it across our whole organization, daily by most employees. We use all products in the mix, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Skype, Teams, PowerBI, etc. It helps us manage our email, create reports with Excel and PowerBI, communicate with each other with Skype and Teams. We are currently in the process of migrating to Teams.
  • Outlook and the security behind it help us manage and securely read our email.
  • Excel is used heavily by our finance departments for reporting.
  • Teams is becoming our go to application for instant messaging and remote meetings.
  • As of late, Microsoft's support has taken a dive. Open tickets that have not been responded to for weeks. Newly opened tickets with no response for weeks.
  • I would like to see Outlook adopt some of the features from Gmail (example: appointments and reminders auto-added to your calendar).
  • Teams can be very slow in opening OneNote tabs and updating pages.
It is well suited for business apps such as Excel and PowerBI. It needs some help in keeping up with technology in Outlook.
Microsoft 365 is being used throughout the organization. It provides a higher level of security and an easy way to log in from any location to access files by it being a cloud-based software. It is beneficial from an IT perspective because you never have to continue to buy upgrades of the operating system or software applications since it is a subscription based software that operates on the cloud. This is a major cost savings because you don't have to hire technicians to go throughout the company completing software upgrades. This also saves on downtime for upgrades. The software is always up-to-date. This is one of the best features of Microsoft 365.
  • Security is a great strength
  • User-friendly
  • Cloud based software
  • Always up-to-date
  • Accessibility
  • I'd like to see the application software have version history by date and time like Google Sheets.
The great part about Microsoft 365 is its compatibility with other software applications. It is widely used by most companies, very reliable and stable. I like the way it performs with touchscreens. However, it is now time for Microsoft 365 to look into more innovation.
Microsoft 356 Business is used across my entire organization. Some people are power users, others don't realize the power in Microsoft 365 Business. Because Microsoft 365 Business comes with desktop versions of Word, Excel, and Outlook, some people don't realize they have access to the whole suite of programs online.

Much of the day to day business functions our offices does is in Microsoft 365 Business. In my department we use it for email (Outlook), writing proposals (Word), and budgeting (Excel). Many in my department also use OneNote on a regular basis.

Throughout different departments, the suite is used for presentations, reporting and project/task management.
  • My biggest rave about the Microsoft 365 Business suite is that it allows people to use technology at the level they are comfortable with. It offers an online, paperless work style for those comfortable with that method. For those less familiar with technology, the desktop versions are nice and familiar to many people.
  • The variety of programs offered in the suite of programs is excellent. Word processing, email, spreadsheets, and presentation software are used most often in business. It also includes a host of new programs or programs people are not familiar with such as Teams, SharePoint, Planner, Flow or PowerBI. SharePoint, Flow, and PowerBI are my favorites of these new programs.
  • No one likes a monopoly, but one of the biggest strengths for Microsoft 365 Business is that it is the most widely used suite of programs businesses use today. Google Docs or Pages offer some of the same word processing functions, but with a Microsoft 365 Business document created in Word, you don't have to worry if your document will be able to be read if you send it to a client.
  • As much as I like some of the apps/programs available when you log in online, some just miss the mark. I like the idea of their Planner app; it tracks project to-do lists, in a bucket/card type layout. It is just very limited in what it offers.
  • Experimenting in Microsoft 365 Business creates extra things. I don't have a better way to describe this. I like to try new programs. When I tried Planner, it created a team, that could be found with the team app as well as group folders in outlook. When deleting the experiment, it's hard to know what else, throughout the suite of programs need to be deleted.
Microsoft 365 Business is well suited for a company that needs the Microsoft Office Suite, that also needs access remotely through online access to programs and files. The programs are widely accepted and comfortable to many employees. The subscription-based service means the company always has the most up-to-date programs and gets support from Microsoft. It also comes with some extra programs not available in the Office Suite for Desktop.
Carrie Huang profile photo
There are a variety of programs and benefits in the Microsoft 365 Business Suite that our organization uses. Microsoft Office is a no-brainer benefit, where we are always equipped with the latest and greatest version of every useful program we use, like Word, Eexcel, and PowerPoint. The customer support and online community are also extremely helpful and invaluable. Outlook can probably never be replaced in our book - we love the integration it has with other programs we use. It helps us stay organized and it feels like all our communicative programs are in one central hub. The OneDrive access also helps us save files and access anywhere on the go, which is important considering the amount of travel my team has to do. Lastly, the security features are of course the most important. Overall, Microsoft 365 Business helps us stay organized, be efficient, and solves the problem of lack of a central organizational system.
  • An all-around comprehensive hub that keeps our team organized.
  • The security aspect is extremely valuable.
  • OneDrive is especially important for remote access.
  • Not everyone is aware of the benefits Microsoft 365 brings because there is no collective "suite" that can be accessed in one place. Programs are installed all over.
Microsoft 365 Business is well-suited for large organizations. It's easy to keep track of the programs and if anything needs to be updated. In addition, because of its wealth of programs, larger organizations benefit from using 365 as a consistent way to ensure everyone is using the same programs. Smaller companies might not benefit too much for such a large umbrella of programs, but as a large organization and in my large team, Microsoft 365 has so many programs that we use on a daily basis.
Read Carrie Huang's full review
Aaron Pinsker profile photo
Office 365 is being used across a couple of small business that I maintain. One business, a law firm, uses Office 365 to not only use the various Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.) but as well as a domain host for e-mail. Office 365 can connect with a personal (or business) domain to provide e-mail services and other domain hosting services. Other businesses I manage are simply using Office 365 to access both the web and desktop based Office applications.
  • Office 365 includes web-based Office applications, desktop Office applications, OneDrive storage, and exchange-like e-mail access. As such it is a robust product providing an entire ecosystem to work on various Office files, access e-mail, and work remotely.
  • The Office 365 web applications are extremely well done and feature rich. The web apps make it easy to work on (and collaborate on) files remotely, even from a computer that isn't yours.
  • Office 365 domain-based e-mail is best in class providing Exchange-like services without the hassle of managing an Exchange server or going through a 3rd party domain host
  • Because Office 365 is a subscription-based service, all desktop, and web-based apps are always up-to-date.
  • The Office 365 admin console is extremely powerful and robust, providing a plethora of tools to manage your organization - from setting up and assigning users with various apps and permissions to granular security controls to block spam and e-mail spoofing to customizing Exchange-based e-mail options.
  • The included 1TB of OneDrive storage makes for syncing files across devices a breeze, and OneDrive integration with Office allows for easy collaboration on files.
  • Perhaps Office 365 biggest downside is its pricing and subscription-based model. In order to access any of Office 365 features, a monthly or yearly subscription must be purchased. If the said subscription is not removed, you lose all access to Office 365, including the desktop Office applications.
  • The various subscription tiers of Office 365 can be confusing, as only some tiers include the desktop Office application, while other tiers only include the web-based applications.
  • While the Office 365 admin console provides robust and granular controls, the sheer amount of options can be extremely overwhelming and difficult to unravel.
  • While I personally prefer the Office 365 interface and features, Google's G-Suite is a far less expensive and viable competitor to Office 365. G-Suite provides a very similar feature set, and even some additional tools (such as the ability to create forms and provide an intranet-like website for your organization).
  • While there is a very active community to help with any issues or questions about Office 365, Microsoft's direct support leaves a bit to be desired.
Office 365 can be very well suited for any organization that is already entrenched in the office ecosystem and needs robust collaboration tools. In addition, for organizations already comfortable with using Outlook for e-mail, Office 365's Exchange-like e-mail service is best-in-class and is specifically designed to fully integrate with Outlook. Finally, Office 365 can be used with a 3rd party domain providing a one-stop shop for many web-based and domain-based services.

On the flip side, for an organization that simply needs the Office application and doesn't require the plethora of other features that Office 365 provides (robust collaboration features, file syncing across multiple devices, e-mail hosting, etc.), Office 365 can be complete overkill and not worth the subscription price. A one-time purchase of a perpetual Office license would make a lot more sense both financially and from an ease of use standpoint (no advanced or web-based features to manage).

Finally, for an organization that is already using a competing service, such as Google's G-Suite, the transition to Office 365 can be a time consuming and expensive prospect. While I personally feel that Office 365 is a better managed, designed and thought product that G-Suite, G-Suite is good enough for many organizations.
Read Aaron Pinsker's full review
Guillermo Cruz profile photo
At this moment the whole company is using Microsoft 365 solutions suite. It's a very helpful asset, it has a lot of apps and services that cover practically all the necessities of the company, being more used than Outlook email. Moreover, we use the new tool called Microsoft Teams that allow us to work even more organized and have a fast channel to share information and delegate tasks for every co-worker. The well-known stars: Word, Excel and PowerPoint still are the best office applications, with a greater set of functionalities and add-ons to make our work even faster than usual. No doubt Office 365 is a complete and powerful suite that is indispensable in a big company. Also, we use SharePoint and PowerApps, both to organize and coordinate our current automation projects. And finally, PowerBI is by far the best solution to analyze and retrieve easily meaningful information about the activities and gross performed by your company. So, in general, Office 365 is currently the core of the communications and project management in our company, letting us administrate and take control of the main activities and tasks.
  • It comes with a lot of services for each particular necessity you could probably have or will have in your company. From emails and office processors, to apps to coordinate your shifts and tasks, Office 365 has an application for that!
  • Great UX in every single app, you can learn easily how to handle the basic services of Office 365 in a short time.
  • High security level in the communications of your company through the Outlook email that immediately notify about suspicious activities or spam email.
  • Total control of the financial and work operating information of your company or business through the PowerBI app.
  • The Shift option in Microsoft Teams is a bit hard to use, it must have a better UI in order to set properly the shifts for every worker.
  • Microsoft Teams should have a kind of storyline to make easier find old conversations and also if possible categorize them by threads or topics.
  • The price of the license is a bit expensive, should have a more reasonable price according to the plan we choose.
  • Office 365 might have a kind of community version, or a free version and have at least the basic functionalities.
Office365 is well suited in companies that work with a lot of information, and handle a lot of projects that need to be reviewed periodically by managers or directors for statistics or Business Analytics. Also it is appropriate for software development teams since they add the Microsoft Teams app, this tool is very helpful and let you manage software development projects organized and in a clean way. Otherwise, it is not recommend to use this product for small projects or business, due to the fact that practically you don't need the most of the services they provide. Probably in a small company all that you need is an Outlook account and Word, Excel and PowerPoint, that could be provided by another less expensive license.
Read Guillermo Cruz's full review
David White profile photo
Every user in our company uses Office 365. We had issues in the past with different versions of Office being used, using various cloud storage services. We also had instant messaging using a 3rd party software which we supported in-house, and encountered issues running our own Exchange server. All of that is now gone.
  • We love that everyone is using the same version of Office so we can narrow issues down with formatting and troubleshooting.
  • We like that we can use Skype for text, voice, and video conference calls and even share our desktops and computers for remote troubleshooting.
  • It is nice that we no longer have to worry about our Exchange server going down or having file issues. That is all now outsourced and we have not had any downtime.
  • We also like the new larger mailbox size limits and attachment limits which were problems we always had to deal with in the past.
  • I think the set up of Skype could be improved. It took quite a bit of searching to figure out how to add a group of users and we still had to have each individual add the group. It would be nice to be able to administer that remotely.
  • We would like more training available for the DIY IT staff for setting up SharePoint intranet sites.
  • More training on lesser-known features such as Teams so we know what the tools are used for and if they could be useful for our organization.
I think it is well suited for a company trying to offload some of their old internal IT functions to the cloud. It reduces the stress internally and provides for better uptime which is critical for e-mail. I think it also helps reduce hardware costs as you no longer need onsite servers with the same amount of power since you no longer have to run Exchange.
Read David White's full review
JaCoby Marston, CPA profile photo
February 05, 2019

Easy to Use Time Saver!

We use Microsoft 365 Business every day at my work. The tool that I use the most is Microsoft Excel which is one part of the Microsoft 365 Business package. This software is great and helps me get my everyday tasks done quickly and done the way I want them to be done. Microsoft 365 Business does a lot of things and my company is only using a few of the items that are available.
  • Compatible with more other software like QuickBooks.
  • The ability to have your documents saved in the cloud for extra protection from a computer crashing.
  • The ease of using different apps like Excel and Word. They are very user-friendly.
  • I wish this software had the ability to function like Google's Tools. I wish multiple people could work on the same spreadsheet at the same time.
  • The help and how-to section could be improved by giving better tips on how to do things.
  • The cost is pricey.
Microsoft 365 Business is great for the small business that requires the use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint tools. Actually, I think this tool would work for any companies that have to work on projects like accounting. I personally use Excel every day. It is a lifesaver and saves me a ton of time when it comes to creating accounting reports and financial data reports. If you require the need to have multiple people working on the same project at the same time then Microsoft 365 Business is not for you. Also, Microsoft 365 Business does get expensive if you have tons of employees that need the software. Maybe it is possible to get a deal through Microsoft for a huge volume of users.
Read JaCoby Marston, CPA's full review
Paula Byrd profile photo
I use Outlook on my PC and ALL my devices (phone, iPad) for all five of my email addresses (personal, business, gmail for Android, and client issued email). I stay connected to everyone all the time. I have used Excel to reconcile differences on tax returns and have actually gotten over $627,000 in IRS penalties and interest abated due to a flawed program that forced the company to submit 18,000 W2s to the IRS. They were required to file electronically and were charged $250 per W2 over 250 (they had three filing entities). The office programs allow me to explain variances, change incorrect tax returns, and save my clients hundreds of thousands of dollars.
  • Syncing across platforms and devices.
  • The interface is consistent between desktop, Android mobile, and iOS/Mac
  • Reliability and consistent updates.
  • My Gmail account tends to need to get an error and needs to be deleted and re-added to Outlook several times a year. Please Find a way to eliminate this.
  • Some of the Office Apps are not available for offline or mobile use. Forms is an example.
Very well suited for financial, tax, and accounting consulting firms, CPAs, and tax preparers. Not well suited for a musician, I think.
Read Paula Byrd's full review
David White profile photo
We use Microsoft 365 Business to provide all of our basic office software solutions including word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, email, cloud-based document management, etc. We moved to Microsoft 365 Business as a cloud solution to avoid having to upgrade individual laptops on a regular basis, provide our employees with access to licenses for multiple devices and eliminate the use of another third party exchange email provider. Microsoft 365 Business provided us better solutions and lowered our costs.
  • Easy and cost-effective management of licenses for users. It's super easy to add and delete users with costs being prorated appropriately. Being able to manage everything through the cloud allows us to administer our licenses remotely rather than sending someone to go to each computer.
  • Access and ability to expand to use other software as necessary including Visio and MS Project. Very cost effective for small, intermittent use cases. This allows us to only pay for software as we need it and turn on and off licensees as needed. We can also provide new software instantly and remotely which saves us time and money.
  • Document management and collaboration of documents via the cloud. SharePoint is included in Microsoft 365 Business which provides us a cloud based document management and collaboration tool which we did not previously have.
  • Web conference calling and screen sharing capability. This is functionality that we did not previously have that improves our productive with no additional costs.
  • Ability to store files in the cloud on an individual basis in addition to company basis. Cloud storage improves our backup capability and allows us to utilize files across devices and switch devices seamlessly without incurring additional costs.
  • Integration between cloud products still needs work. Microsoft still needs to improve the integration across it's products particularly related to SharePoint.
  • Cloud products can be difficult to use, particularly the web-based versions. Web based SharePoint is hard to use which reduces users willingness to adopt the new technology.
  • Synchronization with cloud products still needs work. Sometimes files in the cloud do not synchronize as they should. This technology appears to still be evolving.
  • Confusion between Skype for Business and Skype. The Skype products are confusing and now Microsoft is rolling out Microsoft Teams as a new product altogether which hopefully will address this issue but may increase the confusion.
Microsoft 365 Business is great for a small business with a board based on business software needs but will be more costly for organizations that do not need to continuously be on the most current version of the software. Having access to more software is very valuable and the cloud solutions make use much easier for business with employees in multiple locations.
Read David White's full review
Jamie Drahos profile photo
Along with SAP and Cisco Communications, Microsoft 365 Business is a primary pillar of our I.T. software and services. The entire organization has been migrated to 365 Business for approximately the last two years. Along with email and the Office Suite of software, we also leverage Dynamics CRM, Teams, PowerApps, Yammer, SharePoint, OneDrive and more. The cohesiveness of 365 Business has simplified our utilization of Microsoft products and services.
  • Integration across the suite of products. Much like other cloud platforms, Microsoft has done an excellent job of integrating their products with each other and other third party platforms.
  • Plentiful storage. OneDrive and SharePoint cloud storage is more than enough for even our power users. It allows for seamless migration to new computer hardware and the peace of mind of continuous backup to Microsoft's infrastructure.
  • User account management. It is easy to setup new users in the company and add services to their individual user profile. We dont have to license every product for every user. We can piece-meal service for specific use cases.
  • Mobile app support. Microsoft has built some of the best mobile apps on the market for both iOS and Android. This makes it easy to use 365 Business on the go.
  • The breadth of products can be overwhelming. I applaud Microsoft for their innovation of new products and service, but it feels like some products step on the toes of others. At times, it can be tricky knowing which is the best for your specific use. Additionally, most people probably only use about 20% of the products/services/features.
  • Office is still Office. Let's face it, 90% of large companies use Microsoft Office, which is a large part of the 365 Business suite. Although the most recent updates are nice, it still feels a bit stagnant after all these years.
  • Steep learning curve for some users. Some of the apps and services included in 365 Business are so powerful that the learning curve for your average business user can be a bit steep. This requires added training resources and more of a barrier to adoption.
I highly recommend Microsoft 365 Business to anyone within our organization, because they already have access to many programs and services that can improve their quality of work. It's a no-brainer in that case. However, it becomes a bit more complicated for people that are outside of our organization that are looking to adopt 365 Business. It would come down to their company size and needs. I believe Microsoft's scale is well suited for large enterprise organizations. Smaller businesses may be happy with an alternative from Google or the likes. It may be more affordable for smaller companies to simply license Microsoft Office, which comes with OneDrive storage and then piece-meal other products that better fit their needs.
Read Jamie Drahos's full review
Adam Litvack profile photo
It is used across the organization. We use it for email, calendar (Outlook), Office, Excel, Word and now are starting to use Onedrive Sharepoint. It solves having our own exchange server and its always online on any device.
  • Cloud-based and always online.
  • Available on all devices such as PC, Mac or mobile for all users.
  • Backed up in case of disaster- its always offline and can be accessible to our email.
  • I think the web versions can improve as the web gets more advanced.
  • More frequent updates on the mobile side, especially Outlook for IOS needs much more work.
  • The need to contact management for mobile.
Well suited for small and medium-sized businesses with no IT staff or ones that need for in-house servers.

Not well suited for sensitive files that cannot be cloud-based.

It's important to be online and not work in an offline environment to take real advantage of the features.
Read Adam Litvack's full review
AUBREY NOVAK profile photo
Microsoft 365 Business is used by our whole organization. We use Microsoft 365 Business to keep in touch, share projects, and help build our business better. Some business problems it has solved for us is online file storage and sharing for when some employees are out of the office or those remote workers they still can access and share documents and files.
  • Protects against external threats.
  • Collaboration with flexible tools for on the go.
  • Online file storage and sharing for remote or on-the-go workers.
  • Sometimes device management is a little slow in setting up.
  • Lower rates even though the rate is pretty reasonable.
  • Nothing else I can think of!
Microsoft 365 Business is well-suited for ease of access with 24/7 customer support whether you're in the office or on the road. File sharing and communication are key when maintaining a business and Microsoft 365 Business allows you to do that.
Read AUBREY NOVAK's full review
Randy Rasmussen, SHRM-CP, PHR, PMP profile photo
We use MS 365 for Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, SharePoint, and Teams. For the most part, the apps work flawlessly, and they are available away from the office on any device, which is extremely helpful. We are in the middle of an HCM implementation, and we use Teams to collaborate on documents with the software company. It is great to be able to share the same documents online with the other company, instead of emailing spreadsheets back and forth and wondering if you have the latest version. We also use Teams for docs that we share internally, and everyone can add updates to the same sheet and we all have the current version. Very nice!
  • Keeping the whole company updated on the latest app versions. Cuts down on upgrading time and version control.
  • Teams is a great way to share info and documents with fluctuating working groups, both internally and externally.
  • Allowing access to current applications on any device with the same login.
  • It needs to be easier to scale documents when viewing them in Teams. Sometimes it is hard to view all the data you need to see, unless you open the doc in the application for editing.
When you have teams of people, both internally and externally, who need to collaborate on documents and communicate about a project, MS Teams is perfect! The teams can even be fluid, as you can add and subtract members at any time.

If you don't have computers that are constantly connected to the internet, 365 Business may not work for you.
Read Randy Rasmussen, SHRM-CP, PHR, PMP's full review
Sarah Moore profile photo
March 30, 2019

Out of the Office

Office 365 is used regularly by sales reps on the road and CSRs who work from home. It allows easy access to shared documents and email.
  • CSRs can work from home in the event of illness or inclement weather.
  • Sale reps can work on the road easily.
  • Simplified sharing basic/frequently needed company information, like catalogs and price lists.
  • Movement is a little clunky and slow at times, regardless of your internet connection.
  • Excel docs created within Office 365 seem to react more poorly when sent and opened on other devices.
For the cost, Office 365 is great if you have employees working outside of the Office. We, of course, wish it worked a little more smoothly but for the price, I can't complain too much.
Read Sarah Moore's full review
Wendy Abel profile photo
Microsoft 365 is the software chosen by our business because of ease of use and the ability to share files and folders with each other and with clients. We are a small business with staff and clients located across the country. Microsoft 365 allows for us to be able to communicate with ease, share presentations, better consultations with clients, and edit documents.
  • Ease of sharing files so that editing is a joint process that can occur in various locations and times.
  • The ability to create visually pleasing documents that we can share with each other and with clients.
  • Collecting data for our clients who are not ready for a full force database system.
  • I would like to see additional fonts that are already installed.
  • Better visualization of Excel data.
  • A better interface between newer and older versions of PowerPoint.
It is perfect for small businesses with partners and clients that are not located in the same area. The ease of having files that can be shared enriches the communication between all parties and allows our clients to always feel like they are a part of the creative process. With our partners and clients scattered all over the globe, Microsoft 365 Business makes talking with each other—no matter the time—easy.
Read Wendy Abel's full review
Clinton Verley profile photo
Our entire organization uses it for word processing, spreadsheets, note-taking, presentations, and flowchart creation. It is used by all employees daily in every facet of work from accounting to building maintenance. We have been using 365 since it was initially rolled out and we have never seriously considered switching to another platform.
  • Excel is second to none in spreadsheets. Using literally anything else will get you laughed out of the room in the business world.
  • PowerPoint helps us keep our presentations organized and comprehensive.
  • Word is also the industry standard.
  • The subscription-based model requires us to get the cost approved every year for budget reasons.
It is perfect for large organizations or even medium ones who have the budgetary flexibility to afford it while expanding and serving their employees. I can see the cost being somewhat of a burden for smaller companies, but trying to get by with a free alternative would be pretty unwise. Microsoft 365 is simply impossible to beat for what it offers.
Read Clinton Verley's full review

About Microsoft 365 Business

An integrated solution, designed for your small or medium-sized businesses, bringing together the best-in-class productivity of Office 365 with advanced security capabilities to help safeguard your data from external threats and help protect against data leaks. With Microsoft 365 Business, you can empower your employees to be productive anywhere on any device. Get more done with AI built into the Office apps. Work better together with a hub for teamwork bringing your tools and people together in one place. Build a better business with tools to engage customers and optimize your business processes and operations. Get a solution that is simplified for you so you can get back to why you got into business the first place.