Dude Solutions Not Helpful
January 17, 2020

Dude Solutions Not Helpful

Overall Satisfaction with Dude Solutions Help Desk (formerly SchoolDude)

We use Dude Solutions Help Desk (formerly SchoolDude) for maintenance requests as well as Help Desk tickets. Dude Solutions Help Desk (formerly SchoolDude) is used throughout our district to help manage maintenance issues in the building, such as problems with an entry door or repairs needed throughout the building. Our district also uses the IT request tool, where users can enter requests for assistance from our technology department for a variety of issues.
  • Pre-fills information into the form.
  • Can customize locations and areas in buildings.
  • The overall user interface is bland.
  • Switching to the IT application takes opens in another tab.
Our district began using Dude Solutions Help Desk (formerly SchoolDude) because our maintenance department needed a system in place for ticketing issues. Because there was an IT component, the district decided to use that as well. Our district uses a PDSA (Plan, Do, Study, Act) cycle on many processes, and this process fell into that cycle.
I am unable to provide a lot of feedback on their support, as I have not personally used it. However, when I click on HELP in either of the applications (Maintenance or IT), there is not much that happens. I received a "refused to connect" message when I clicked on one of the product choices.

Do you think Dude Solutions Work and Asset Management (fomerly Help Desk + Asset Essentials) delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Dude Solutions Work and Asset Management (fomerly Help Desk + Asset Essentials)'s feature set?

Did Dude Solutions Work and Asset Management (fomerly Help Desk + Asset Essentials) live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Dude Solutions Work and Asset Management (fomerly Help Desk + Asset Essentials) go as expected?

Would you buy Dude Solutions Work and Asset Management (fomerly Help Desk + Asset Essentials) again?

For maintenance requests, Dude Solutions Help Desk (formerly SchoolDude is OK; however, I do not recommend it for the IT area. The IT ticket system is not user-friendly or intuitive. I consider myself to be tech-savvy and find it hard to teach myself how to use it. I don't use it often, as I don't get many tickets assigned to me, so I don't have as much experience with it as some others in my department. I have used other ticketing systems in the past, and this one is not as easy to use.