Review: "Edmodo- If you didn't know, now you know!"https://www.trustradius.com/learning-management-lmsEdmodoUnspecified8.5541012014-02-15T23:40:32.693Z
Overall Satisfaction with Edmodo
I currently use Edmodo with all my students (grades 9-12 and 6 classes). I use Edmodo as our primary form of communication, file sharing, communicative language activities, small group work within the larger Edmodo class groups, and as a way of having students complete online activities and quizzes. Edomodo allows for an easy tool of communication through an interface similar to Facebook, which many students are familiar with, but in a safer manner. I have also used Edmodo with colleagues in a similar manner: collaboration, communication and cooperation. I am also a member of several Edmodo communities which allows me the opportunity to share ideas and post questions to professionals across the world.
- Edmodo allows me the opportunity to reach all my student groups at once. This makes time management a breeze.
- Students can submit activities to me directly, which minimized the stacks of papers I have and allows me the opportunity for instant feedback to students.
- Edmodo also allows for easy filing sharing and storage, so that students and parents can access documents as needed through a virtual filing cabinet.
- There is still some need to improve the various types of electronic "quizzes" which can be created on Edmodo. I would love to be able to create various types of activities. The current function is very limited.
- The apps marketplace would be more useful if it incorporated more types of applications. I would like to see an increase of resources there.
- My objectives are based on student learning and achievement, therefore, Edomod offers an opportunity for students to become active and engaged in their learning process.
- Edmodo makes time management for efficient for me as a teacher since can reach all my students at once.
- Edmodo also allows me to be a more green teacher, reducing the amount of paper, and increasing students' use of technology in the classroom.
I strongly recommend Edmodo due to its ease of use and functionality for communication and collaboration features. Edmodo has a great application for smartphones and iPads which works very similary to the online interface which is very nice. Using Edmodo with my students and having the application on my smartphone, allows me the opportunity to answer students questions when needed and helps me keep students informed constantly. Edmodo is also a great tool to help if a teacher is interested in Flipping the classroom.
Edmodo is completely free for me. There is no reason not to continue to use this product, which has been extremely useful to me as an educator. I will continue to use this as long as I am allowed to use it within my county. I can not stress enough the ease of use, instant communication to all students and the ability to develop communications between my students which follows my philosophy of allowing students to engage in authentic communicative activities.