Benefits of Edmodo

October 22, 2019
We have used Edmodo as a platform to create a virtual environment for our classrooms to give students quizzes and assignments. We have …

• Assignments (11)
  • Learning reporting & analytics (11)
  • Learning content (12)
  • Mobile friendly (13)

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Edmodo, and make your voice heard!

$2,500

per month

Learning Management

What is Edmodo?

Edmodo Video

Introduction to Edmodo

Edmodo Competitors

Edmodo Technical Details

Blackboard Learn and Canvas are common alternatives for Edmodo.

Reviewers rate Player/Portal highest, with a score of 9.2.

The most common users of Edmodo are from Mid-sized Companies (51-1,000 employees) and the Education Management industry.

Randy Fairfield | TrustRadius Reviewer
I don't want to be left behind in an age where using educational technology is becoming more and more important. I took a part-time job that was open to the use of such technology over a full-time job because of how important this is to me. Without charging me anything or bombarding me with advertisements, Edmodo has given me the ability to enhance a number of aspects of my classroom and I am very grateful.
July 09, 2015

A Win in Education!

I've had a great experience with Edmodo! From their employees, IT team and adoption teams Edmodo is a winning company that shows winning and success in their product. I want to grow with this company as they move into other areas and that in turn will help me grow with my own children and their school.
Edmodo is completely free for me. There is no reason not to continue to use this product, which has been extremely useful to me as an educator. I will continue to use this as long as I am allowed to use it within my county. I can not stress enough the ease of use, instant communication to all students and the ability to develop communications between my students which follows my philosophy of allowing students to engage in authentic communicative activities.
Darcy Calvillo | TrustRadius Reviewer
We have to do more today with less. We have to find alternatives to printing and copies and a lot of other non-sense that creates trash and duplicative work. Students need information. They need to know how they do. They need feedback that is substantive. Edmodo puts an end the need for paper, copies, and demands planning. This is what studnets need today to be the best they can be. :)
March 13, 2015

Edmodo

Overall, I would give Edmodo a very favorable rating. For what it does, it does well, and is ideal for an elementary/middle school classroom. At a higher grade level a teacher may want to supplement Edmodo with a more advanced online learning environment.

Edmodo is a LEARNING tool. Not "one more thing" I have to use or integrate. It was my one stop shop for everything for my classes. More importantly, I was able to watch my students grow. My students who were timid, and quiet, became my discussion leaders. Students who didn't do their homework, never missed an assignment once I started doing "e-tickets" and discussion groups. Everyone felt they had a voice, which made our classroom community that much stronger.
Sondra Jones | TrustRadius Reviewer
The efficiency of being able to upload my files in an easy space is awesome. The way that it looks like other social media is appealing to the students. The ease of using it on my iphone if I need to send a quick alert to the members of my group is also nice.
In my current role, we are encouraged to use features within our LMS. We have a discussion board feature that is improving with every update and while it still does not allow for the filter simplicity of Edmodo, it does allow for grading that automatically populates in the grade center which saves instructors a lot of time.
Amanda Sharpe | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have an established club at one of my sites that has been using Edmodo for years as their primary method of communication and decision making between meetings, and I do not want to disrupt that pattern and lose my access to former students still enrolled in the group.
Justin Leach | TrustRadius Reviewer
Until I hear that Edmodo has addressed some of the concerns mentioned previously in this review, I am likely to continue my use of the Schoology LMS.
Amanda Youngblood | TrustRadius Reviewer
My renewed use of Edmodo depends on my needs next year. As with all technology, needs change each year, so teachers should reassess the tools they plan on using to make sure they use the one that is most appropriate to meet their needs. If I am still meeting with an advisory and running the gaming club, then I will continue to use Edmodo.
Barbara Boksz, Ph.D. | TrustRadius Reviewer
The fact that it has the district approval and support is priceless. In addition, the kid friendly interface makes it attractive to the students. They call it the "Facebook for Schools". It is also easy for teachers to learn to use, and can be adapted to any discipline or grade level.