Helping Users Made Easy
July 21, 2021
Helping Users Made Easy
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Emburse Tallie
We use Tallie within out outsourced accounting department to assist clients with their credit card management needs. The design of Tallie's website not only helps users easily navigate and manage their receipts but as support for those users it's easy to drop in as a user and either help with troubleshooting or complete a task for them.
- Functional App for users to upload receipts and provide details of the charge
- Masquerading abilities for admin users to drop in as a user
- Overview dashboard to keep up to date on where transactions are in the process
- Credit Card connections with providers could use some work to either aid in keeping connections running properly or making it easy for Admin to reset the connections that have paused.
- A good feature add would be the ability to transfer imported charges to another account. You currently can transfer receipts to another account, but for smaller credit card companies that come in as one card but actually are from multiple cardholders, it'd be easier to be able to send charges to the actual card holder's account.
- Quality documentation of transactions, approvals, and receipts.
- Easy setup to implement internal controls.
Both Tallie and Expensify are quality products that help with credit card management. Setting up an account, if you are only managing one company either product is equally qualified, however, if you are managing multiple companies, I find Tallie is easier for the set up and management of companies. In Tallie companies are treated as separate products, when you log on you select which company you are working in and while in that company you don't have access to another, whereas in Expensify companies can be intermingled. This could have is benefits, but from an outsourcing point of view it can make set up and management of clients harder. With assisting users, in Tallie as long as a user has the right permissions and access to a company, they can access any user's account in order to process charges, or assist users by masquerading as them. In Expensify, users have to give admin access to their accounts through their co-pilot access, this isn't an issue if users aren't likely to need help or help from more than one admin person, but as your client list and users grow, this type of access can be challenging or overwhelming.
Do you think Emburse Tallie delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Emburse Tallie's feature set?
Did Emburse Tallie live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Emburse Tallie go as expected?
Would you buy Emburse Tallie again?
Tallie is great for companies or outsourced accounting teams who are heavily involved with helping users upload receipts or code changes to the correct G/L Account groups or dimensions. Tallie allows for you to set up specific Expense options that are easier for users to chose what charges are for that are mapped to G/L Account groups in the background which allows for more accurate accounting. However, if your accounting books are using other dimensions like departments or projects the more complex the set up the more help a user might need, so it's nice how easy it is to drop into an account to help finish the more complex coding for users prior to them being submitted for approval.