- Unlimited receipt scanning: Snap a photo of any receipt and Expensify 's...
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Expensify, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Starting price (does not include set up fee)
- $5 per month
- Tech Details
- Unlimited receipt scanning: Snap a photo of any receipt and Expensify 's SmartScan technology captures the details. Also, the Expensify Card can be used to replace receipts.
- Expense management: Expensify codes and submits business expenses for approval, next-day reimbursement, and automatic sync with accounting software.
- The Expensify Card: Swipe the Expensify card to automate expenses.
- Bill payment: Expensify captures details from vendor bills for automatic approval and payment.
- Invoicing: Create and send invoices, while collecting payments and syncing automatically to accounting software.
- Travel booking: Concierge books flights, hotels, and cars for the user in a chat.
Watch What is Expensify?
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android, Mobile Web|
- It syncs to QBO well
- It's easy to reimburse employees timely
- It's easy to split expenses between departments
- Smart scan fails too often.
- It would be great if there was a REQUIRED date of purchase AI recognition.
- It would be helpful if employees could have designated departments/classes so the expenses would automatically code to the correct department.
- As an admin user adding approvers to new users seems cumbersome and error-ridden. When I try to add approvers to new employees, often times, the field is blacked out or not even an option.
- It would be great if we could easily deactivate users without going through multiple steps.
- I would like to be able to delete reports from the inbox that are old/and not correct instead of having to request the submitter to do so.
- I can hardly see the buttons on the filters in the inbox and the expenses list.
- It would be nice to be able to filter by approver.
- I don't like that user names aren't uniform. Why do some users have their email address as their username, and some people have their actual name (First and Last).
- I don't have anything to contribute here
- In my experience, we have had so many problems within only 3 months of using and still have no resolution despite reaching out to your "support" on a weekly basis. I feel support cannot be bothered to have more than a chat conversation despite continued complex issues that cannot be clearly communicated or resolved via text and require a phone conversation.
- Keep getting "duplicate" transactions, one showing as a credit card and one as cash. No resolution from previously suggested actions from your "support" team
- Transactions from a card that is not connected in Expensify are coming through onto a report despite us never integrating or connecting that card on purpose. No resolution for that despite numerous contacts with "support"
- Negligence of stated features per the contract which I believe you have violated
- Card transactions from 1 employee's card will show on a different employee's report as a cash transaction.
- Submitting expenses. It's easy to enter an expense, choose a category, enter the dollar amount and submit it. That's about it.
- Uploading receipts. You can send receipts to Expensify from your phone, or upload them from your computer.
- Entering hours worked. It's simple to move from expenses over to timesheets to submit the hours that you've worked.
- Keeping their political opinions out of it. I shouldn't be emailed and told to vote for a certain candidate like they chose to do before the presidential election. I didn't sign up for Fox News or CNN.
- Uploading duplicate charges. Duplicate charges are flagged, but sometimes I have multiple expenses for the same dollar amount and the same company. To get around this, I change the cents a bit ($19.99 for one and $20.01 or another).
- Every once in a while it gets a little buggy when uploading a receipt, and I have to press the back button and start again. This is pretty rare though.
- UI is easy to follow and convenient - web and mobile.
- Nice workflow for approvals.
- Uploading receipts directly from phone makes the process very convenient.
- Web based version has a lot going on and you can be distracted.
- The smartscan feature can be 50/50 at times. Perhaps they can provide more guidance on how to have a more successful scan?
It is smart enough and works well when there are many approvers and chains. With more improvements around scanning, I believe it can be a very convenient tool for companies to have.
- Awesome mobile app
- Very easy for employees to upload receipts
- Simplified reimbursement process
- Web experience could've been better. I preferred the mobile experience.
- Pricing model was confusing & seemed to change a lot.
- They push their products a lot.
- It has a Great Mobile App
- It has made it extremely easy for employees to upload receipts
- It has made it easy for employees to get reimbursed
- They could also improve on having a better expense summary report
- They could have a better web application
- Expensify could have better customer service
- Picture receipts
- user friendly
- easy approval process
- It cannot filter out projects by status so even closed out project still appear available for employees to charge expenses to
- They push their Expensify card on the users
- They are expensive and raising prices
From an admin perspective, it is very easy to sync the system to Sage Intacct, easy to add and delete users and easy to set up approval flows that vary employee to employee.
- Great image capture and image to text conversion capability
- Seamless reporting integration with SAP tool
- Great user experience for power users
- Mobile integration has been improved further
- Improving integration with endpoint mailer ecosystem
- Improving SSO features
- Improving integrated feed broadcast to reporting managers
- Easy-to-use interface
- Good approval process
- Supports multiple currencies
- Ability to enforce policies on expenses
- Their pricing model is very complicated and keeps changing
- Their customer service has deteriorated in the past two years
- Pushing other products, such as their credit card, on customers by preventing them from keeping their current plans unless they include and pay for the new service.
We used Expensify to manage our team's expenses, and they kept increasing their fees and finally they locked us into an annual agreement and changed their pricing model again. They customer support doesn't answer any questions; they keep sending links to their documentation and support forms instead of answering questions.
- Upload images from your phone or computer (receipts)
- Alerts the financial team to approve or deny the expense
- Links with your bank account for payment
- Once you submit your expense, it is not submitted. You have to double back to your "home" and go from there actually to submit the expense.
- I do wish that as those on the team are approving finances, it would tell you if someone has looked at it. Not just say it's approved.
- Disbursing payments
- Autofill via receipt photos
- Remembering expense categorizations
- Sending the expenses to be approved is somewhat confusing for new users
- Having a default expenses payer is glitchy.
- Expense categorization
- Integration with QuickBooks
- Report labelling
- Automatic reminders for submissions/approvals
- Simple report and expense creation.
- Clear error messages with prompts on how to correct the errors.
- I can't think of any improvements! This is an excellent tool.
- It helps categorize business expenses really well for our accounting department.
- The ability to upload a picture as proof or additional information is huge.
- Sometimes the ability to add a picture to a report is somewhat clumsy.
- I wish you could submit a report a bit easier.
- Receipt scanning
- Approval process
- Catching duplicate receipts
- Allowing for a visual of spend vs. budget
- User friendly - It's easy to get started.
- Quick and clear communication - Employees know exactly when they'll be reimbursed.
- The mobile app and web app don't have the same UX.
- Smartscan sometimes takes a while.
- Smart scanning of receipts is a wonderful tool that saves me keystroking time.
- The ability to create mileage receipts using the maps feature makes it unnecessary to track odometer readings.
- Creating the expense rules can be a little clunky and difficult.
- Some things are difficult to find. For instance, when I needed to change the mileage rate, I had to search the knowledgebase for how to do this.
- An easy to use interface -- it's really self-explanatory.
- AI/machine learning -- the system automatically reads your receipts and fills out your expense information, which saves time.
- Sometimes the tool can take a little bit to read your receipts and input the information. Ideally, it would be a little quicker.
- Upload a receipt from my phone easily.
- Approve and forward an expense report from someone on my team.
- I understand the back end is not liked by our finance team, but I am not sure why.
- I don't like the auto scan on receipts.
- Collects data from credit cards.
- Collects data from bank statements.
- Multiple-project or client billing and tracking is more work than it should be.
- Help and support is a bit cloudy and not easy to use.
- I like that you can set up rules for common expenses like cell phone reimbursement so you don't have to type the same thing each time.
- You can sync to your bank accounts to automatically pull in transactions.
- Most of the time, the smartscan feature fails or freezes for a long period of time on mobile and I have to enter things manually.
- I can't choose to submit my expenses to different people (only my manager), example if I incurred expenses from a different department head I can't send to them for approval.
- It provides smart scanning of receipts, and autofills line items from receipts
- Receipt integration with 3rd-party apps.
- We've had incorrect "Disputes" at times when auto-scanning.
- It's more user-friendly on the mobile app than on desktop.
- Converting pictures of restaurant receipts is a big plus.
- I can tag different accounts and clients very easily.
- I don't see the Concierege function having much use for what I do.
- Parking/Taxi Expenses
- Personal Food Exepenses
- Categorizes expenses
- Automatically submits Ubers
- Allow for talk to type
- Allow for expenses to go more than $2000 in total