QuickBooks Online Reviews

Chloe Tollefson | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 17, 2020

QuickBooks Online - Easy to use, even for a non-accountant!

QuickBooks Online is used across the whole organization. We use it for reporting purposes as well as accounting purposes. We also use it to send and receive payments. It is an extremely helpful tool, you can send a payment instantly via card or bank account. We keep track of all revenues via QuickBooks Online as well.
  • Ease of use
  • Simple to understand
  • I think some of the reports that you can generate are designed for as if you are an accountant or have a background in finance. It would be nice for them to be a little more straightforward or the terminology more simple and straightforward.
  • It sometimes takes days and days to receive the money that you are sent, meaning that sending payments through your bank could likely be quicker and easier.
It is simple to set up clients and send invoices as well as invoice reminders using QuickBooks Online. I think where it gets complicated is reporting. Overall, I think for someone like me who has no background in accounting or finance it is simple to use, other than generating reports because I don't understand much of that accounting terminology. I usually obtain the information I seek from clicking on a client and going from there.
Read Chloe Tollefson's full review
Tammy Gutierrez | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 13, 2020

QuickBooks scores a touchdown

Quickbooks Online has simplified our invoicing and accounts payable processes enormously. We used to use the desktop version but switched to online and it made a world of difference. We are able to integrate our WorkTrack service call software and our payroll making it a true asset to our company.
  • Integration- several of my programs integrate.
  • Time-being able to access QB Online from anywhere with an internet connection.
  • Organization - bills and invoices are paid on time.
  • Closing purchase orders in bulk.
  • Using estimate to create purchase orders.
Quickbooks Online is perfect accounting software for small businesses. It is able to integrate with several other programs. It is cost efficient. It streamlines our operation.
Read Tammy Gutierrez's full review
Drew West | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 26, 2020

A detailed summary of why I chose QuickBooks Online over competing products - Sales Tax Calculations | Receipt Capture | Customer Service | Accounting and Reporting Functionality

Quickbooks Online (QBO) is essential to our business because it provides a combination of functionalities that no other software service packages together for a small business of our size. Our small business ships products across the US. We collect and remit sales tax to 43 different state jurisdictions, so in addition to handling our accounting, bookkeeping, tax preparation, issuing our 1099s and giving our CPA access to our books. Quickbooks Online also serves the critical function of calculating the sales tax due with each package we ship. When I create an invoice for our customer through QBO, I enter the 'Ship From' and 'Ship To' addresses, and the software automatically calculates the amount of sales tax that we need to collect and adds it to the invoice total before I send it to our customer. In case you don't know, every state has different sales tax requirements and depending on where you are shipping. You may need to collect sales tax at the state, county, and city level jurisdictions. But QuickBooks does all the calculations for you and is accurate more than 99% of the time. And when it comes time to file our sales tax returns to each state, QuickBooks Online has helpful reports to show the amount due for each jurisdiction.
  • QuickBooks Online is the total package for small businesses that need comprehensive accounting software support at an affordable price. There are other options for medium-to-large size businesses, like NetSuite, but their subscription costs are much higher. In contrast, QuickBooks Online offers functionality that will serve most small businesses for a fraction of the cost.
  • In the small-business accounting software category, other companies offer competing products. Still, after doing my own research and reading reviews from other users, I found that QuickBooks Online is regarded as the most robust and feature-rich in terms of all of the accounting needs and reporting functionality that your business might need.
  • QuickBooks Online has a great feature called Receipt Capture, which allows you to snap a photo of your receipt and automatically upload it into the system for your approval. The software tries to auto-fill the appropriate information like merchant name, transaction date, transaction amount, and account category. The auto-fill suggestions aren't 100% accurate, but the functionality is helpful and is improving with time.
  • I have requested a callback from QuickBooks Online customer support numerous times in my two years as a customer, and the callback is usually within 5 minutes. The support is generally beneficial and able to resolve the issue. If your question or problem is easier to address by the representative looking at your session with you, there is functionality built right into QuickBooks Online that allows you to screen share your session with the representative so you can walk through the issues together. It is beneficial, and I appreciate this feature.
  • As of February 2020, QuickBooks Online advertises that you can e-file your state sales tax returns directly through QuickBooks Online. This functionality has never been available to me, and I manually fill out and submit my returns directly through each state's online portal. I don't believe this functionality is available for most QuickBooks Online users, despite advertisements indicating that it is.
  • As of February 2020, the following QuickBooks Online subscription levels: Simple Start, Essentials, and Plus, do not allow users to bulk upload or import multiple invoices at once. These tiers only will enable you to create one invoice at a time. The highest subscription level, QuickBooks Online Advanced, does allow users to import multiple invoices at once using Excel import, but the price is much higher. For users who can't afford the subscription price of QuickBooks Online Advanced but need the functionality of bulk uploading invoices, there is a software service called Transaction Importer Pro that does a good job, and the price is $20/month.
  • Every once in awhile, I find a page in QuickBooks Online that doesn't allow a user to sort, filter, or display the information the way I think would be most useful. Even after submitting feedback using the online feedback tool, I haven't received any response to my communication about these small changes. These are minor issues, but they don't dampen my enthusiasm for all of the other wonderful functionality that QuickBooks Online enables.
Quickbooks Online is a well-priced solution for most small businesses to solve their accounting and bookkeeping needs. It is the industry leader for software services in this space, and it's also the service that most professional accountants and CPAs use, which makes it even more useful because you can grant them access to your account. They can make changes to your books if necessary while preparing your tax return. Quickbooks Online also offers professional payroll services and full-service bookkeeping, which would be useful for businesses that want to handle all of their financial needs in the same software system. (Disclosure: I have not used QBO payroll services or full-service bookkeeping, so I can't attest to the experience, but I imagine that Intuit guarantees exceptional quality and service around these products).
Read Drew West's full review
Don Fowler | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 03, 2020

Continuing to raise monthly fees

QBO is used for IT billing across our organization. QBO has recently, in the last 12 months increased the monthly most of it's subscriptions from $32 per month to $50 per month, and we were informed it's increasing to $70 per month effective March 1, 2020. What's most significant QBO hasn't added any new features and explains the increase is needed for future products and development.
  • Streamlined billing.
  • Easy-to-use navigation.
  • Expensive and over priced.
  • Unable to contact customer support.
With QuickBooks Online you cannot export your data to even QuickBooks Desktop versions. However, you can import from Desktop versions to QuickBooks Online. They hold your data hostage, with no way to export it. The rising costs have upset many small business owners, including us. We basically have to start all over with a new program. QuickBooks doesn't have any justification for these huge increases other than profit. They are not adding any new features in exchange for the large increases.
Read Don Fowler's full review
Amanda Layman | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 11, 2019

A truly quicker alternative to manual bookkeeping

I'm using it to manage all financial aspects of my small business. Both my accountant and I use it. We use it for client invoicing, bookkeeping, sales analysis and projections, and managing recurring contracts.
  • Ease of use/gamification.
  • Syncing with bank accounts and PayPal.
  • Some menu items are tricky to find/not as intuitive as I'd like.
  • My accountant has mentioned that QB sometimes makes changes to its service agreements/pricing that can be a pain for her when managing her accounting business.
I've only ever used QuickBooks Online to manage a small business with a handful of clients, but I can imagine it being useful for mass-market companies too with all of its automation and capabilities. It's really great at detecting and categorizing my business expenses, and its recurring invoice feature is great for my long-term client contracts.
Read Amanda Layman's full review
Warren Marland | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 11, 2019

QBO - Good for basic double entry book keeping but don't expect bells and whistles

We are a geographically diverse company dealing with distribution of retail goods to both online channels and stores. We needed a book keeping solution that was not overly complex but more importantly, could run in the cloud and be accessed 24/7 from anywhere. We also needed a system that would be able to pull transactions in from Amazon, Walmart, eBay etc., to automate bookkeeping as much as possible and also to tie in with our bank account at Citibank.
  • 24/7 access in the cloud to our books from geographically diverse locations and timezones
  • Relatively simple interface for non finance people who need to deal with invoicing or entry of bills
  • Relatively low cost solution
  • Compared to the full desktop version, there is still a great deal of functionality missing. In particular sales orders and greater levels of report and invoice customization.
  • There is a desktop app that can be downloaded but it doesn't really do much to provide better access than directly through the browser. It could be developed to provide better offline access or at least storage of some regularly used data.
  • Unfortunately, there just isn't much out there that answers all the needs and QBO is more of a 'better the devil you know' solution than one that I would actively advocate.
QuickBooks Online (QBO) does 70% of what you need really well, 15% not so well and 15% not at all. Its stock management is lacking, in particular where bundles/kits are used. The more complex your requirements, the more difficult it will be to fit them into QBO's more limited functionality. There are hosted QB Pro/Desktops which may be more suitable.
Read Warren Marland's full review
Tammy Whiting | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 19, 2020

Great for sharing through the entire company

QuickBooks Online is convenient for my company that has 4 locations. Each location can enter into one account and update without personal traveling from company to company.
  • Real time updating.
  • Medium user-friendly.
  • Projections and reports.
  • A bit difficult for our novice users.
  • Faster loading of software.
  • Better help support.
QuickBooks Online is well suited for companies that engage telecommuters, several branches, and accountants. From the owner to an associate, information can be seen without printing out needless reports.
Read Tammy Whiting's full review
Ely Khoury | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 14, 2020

Great SaaS for the Lean Business Owner

I use QuickBooks Online for merchant payments and accounting at my company. Quickbooks Online has saved me a ton of time in not having to manually to accounting/bookkeeping, and keeps things organized per category. Customer service is very good and usually helps me solve any problems that arise. I would recommend.
  • Accounting
  • Book keeping
  • Project management
  • Allowing multiple contacts per project
Quickbooks Online is well suited for a small/medium-sized organization that may not have the resources for a full accounting department. It's a lean SaaS that allows business managers to focus on Sales, Marketing, and other initiatives that are crucial to the continuity of the company. It's not appropriate for organizations that are 50+ employees.
Read Ely Khoury's full review
Luke Fuller | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 05, 2020

I would recommend QuickBooks Online.

QuickBooks Online is used by our book keeper and accountant. It helps us keep track of our expenses and run detailed reports to evaluate the health of our business.
  • Easy to use.
  • Great dashboard.
  • Always ensure main owner is the Master Administration. This eliminates any problems obtaining your data from a book keeper.
Great for analysis of your business. It helps produce quality reports.
Read Luke Fuller's full review
JEFFREY HAZLITT | TrustRadius Reviewer
December 12, 2019

Every small business should use QuickBooks Online!

Our organization uses Quickbooks Online to track and reconcile credit card charges, debit card charges, and checks written. The dashboard quickly shows us our expenses, income, and profit to date - as well as the ability to quickly compare it to previous years. Last but certainly not least we are able to give our accountant in another state login credentials and she can file our taxes easily.
  • Connects to banking for daily updates.
  • Shows profit and loss at a glance.
  • It is sometimes hard to find the functions that I need.
  • At times it could be more user-friendly.
Quickbooks Online is well suited to track and reconcile credit card charges, debit card charges, and checks written, show expenses, income, and profit to date and the ability to quickly compare it to previous years. It can be used to file taxes as well as sales and use tax. It seems like it would be equally useful for a smaller business like ours and a much larger business as we only use a fraction of the functions it can provide.
Read JEFFREY HAZLITT's full review
May 10, 2020

QB Online: Great for WFH

QB was being used by the Finance Department for a period of time to handle invoicing to clients, as well as expenses for travel, and accounts payable.
  • As an online-based software, it can be accessed from anywhere in the world, which is of particular interest to those working remotely and on different continents.
  • It can be user-friendly for those who are new to accounting software.
  • Easily manipulated which is good for clients with intricate wording necessary on their invoices.
  • Cannot do intricate accounting reports or entries like a desktop version allows.
Well suited for international businesses or businesses that may not run out of one office, but multiple offices or remote locations. Not so well suited Finance Departments that depend on their accounting software to spit out several varieties of reporting.
December 24, 2019

Slowing Down with QuickBooks Online

QuickBooks Online (QBO) is currently being used in our firm to deploy and implement cloud accounting systems for our clients. Traditionally small businesses had their accounting data housed on one desktop computer or at a central location such as a server. This made it difficult for small businesses with multiple users to have access to the most current updated version of their data. With QBO, everyone can have access to the same data, work can be completed simultaneously, and information can be accessed in real-time.
  • Cloud based accounting provides users with anytime access that allows work to be completed faster. Gone are the days of having to be at the office or use remote access software to use the QuickBooks file when away from the office.
  • Robust tools for importing client data whether it is from desktop versions of QuickBooks or other software vendors
  • Growing resources of add-on apps in the Intuit apps marketplace. Allows users to add additional systems (CRM, inventory, ecommerce)
  • New UI (Harmony Edition) is a bit confusing for some users to get used to. Navigation is not very intuitive and many users have to search for things that were easy to find in prior versions.
  • Bank feeds could be better. Some of the transactions that come in from the bank do not import the correct information need to correctly code transactions, thus taking time to research.
  • Advanced features (job costing, inventory, multiple currencies) are not available in the basic version and users must purchase the Plus version or purchase add-ons
  • The reporting in not as robust in QBO versus the desktop product.
  • The software is "walled" in that it does not integrate with non-Intuit tax and accounting products, practice management, workflow management, or portal solutions (unless add-ons)
QuickBooks Online (QBO) is a great product for those small businesses that are just starting out or have very simple bookkeeping needs. Small business owners interested in this product will definitely want to research their overall small business needs to ensure that they can maintain cost savings when they factor in the costs of additional add-ons, payroll, and other systems.
March 23, 2020

QuickBooks Online is, by far, the best accounting solution available.

QuickBooks Online is used by our finance department to manage our inventory and bookkeeping. Additionally, our CPA has access to it. QuickBooks Online makes it easy for multiple people to access our account information and update items simultaneously without having to worry about manually backing up our books on a regular basis. If anything were to ever happen to our facility, our accounting information is backed up to the cloud and accessible from anywhere in the world, which is a HUGE for us.
  • QuickBooks Online makes it very easy to run basic financial reports.
  • QuickBooks Online integrates with all major banks, making adding transactions quick and easy.
  • QuickBooks Online is cloud based, which means you can access your financial data from anywhere in the world with internet access.
  • First-time set-up with QuickBooks Online isn't difficult, but it would be helpful if they provided tips/advice for those who may be moving from another platform.
  • QuickBooks Online likes to push their other services, for example using their system to accept payments. I wish there were a way to opt out of seeing certain options that you choose not to use.
  • Getting help from an actual QuickBooks Online support member is difficult. Often times if you post a question online, the answer provided doesn't actually answer or address your question and the issue is closed before you're able to elaborate more.
I would highly recommend QuickBooks because it is currently the best accounting software available that is also cloud-based. QuickBooks Online is well suited for businesses that are primarily e-commerce based and/or for businesses that have work-from-home or remote employees. Because it can automatically import transactions, not only with your bank, but also with larger online marketplace/website platforms, it makes it easy to use.
March 10, 2020

One of the most important aspects of running your business made simple.

QuickBooks is being used in my organization on a daily basis and addresses all of my accounting needs.
  • QuickBooks Online gives me the ability to create customized reports and financial statements in seconds.
  • This software allows me to keep track of accounts payable and receivables and also allows me to receive payments from clients online.
  • This software allows me to keep up with my books in real time and offers assistance through live chat and information lookup.
  • This software is not always user friendly and allows for multiple routes to be taken to accomplish the same outcome which at times can be confusing and lead to multiple answers.
  • This software allows chat but not the ability to have a quick question answered over the phone unless enrolling in virtual bookkeeping services.
  • This software does take quite a while familiarize with.
This bookkeeping software addresses all basic book keeping needs and much, much more. It can be appropriate for any individual necessities and has a wide range of functionality, way outside of the range of basic bookkeeping.
February 11, 2020

QuickBooks Online for Professional Services

We use QuickBooks Online for our financials and to support our annual tax filings. QuickBooks Online allows us to access our data from anywhere and share our data in real-time with our accounting support. QuickBooks Online also keeps our data from previous years centrally and allows us not to have to worry about transition when we replace our computers.
  • QuickBooks Online is able to handle all variety of transactions we need as a professional services firm.
  • QuickBooks Online makes sharing our information with our accounting support team very easy and seamless.
  • QuickBooks Online has a lot of capability, which at times can be confusing for simpler businesses.
  • QuickBooks Online needs to build integration with Professional Employer Organizations.
QuickBooks Online works very well as a cloud solution where you have multiple people that need access, including a separate or outside accounting support team. QuickBooks Online keeps data from previous years an eliminates conversion required from standalone products during software upgrades or computer replacements. QuickBooks Online has all the capabilities needed to support a professional services firm.
January 31, 2020

QuickBooks Online makes bookkeeping easy for small business owners!

My whole organization uses QuickBooks. It makes daily bookkeeping tasks very simple and allows me to streamline quarterly billing processes for my clients. It also creates a secure way for me to share information with my bookkeeper and provides immediate access to reports such as P&L, Balance Sheet, Overdue Invoices, etc.
  • Streamline quarterly billing. By creating a recurring sales receipt that goes out to my clients, it saves me time each quarter by not having to manually push them through.
  • The secure portal (attachments) enables me to quickly upload monthly credit card and bank account statements to my bookkeeper for reconciliation purposes.
  • Mobile access seems confusing at times due to a slightly different interface on the mobile app compared to the online version.
  • ACH and credit card process fees, while norm for the industry, seem like they should be reduced given the overall size of the QuickBooks organization.
QuickBooks is great for a small business looking for an efficient bookkeeping platform. I push through about 50 recurring invoices each quarter and it provides an easy way to automatically generate those and update them, if needed. It also makes it easy to receive ACH payments if I choose to do so. I do not think it would be a great platform for a large organization that requires advanced bookkeeping and/or accounting.
December 13, 2019

Automatic Accounting!

We use QuickBooks Online to keep accounting for sales, organize expenses, payments, etc. QuickBooks keeps everything organized and easy reporting to see where the cash is going. It is used throughout the whole organization. We're a small company and it helps keep track of everyone.
  • Organization.
  • Reporting.
  • Lot tracking.
  • Barcode automation.
If you're running a business, taking orders, completing and tracking order expenses, and collecting money for POs - this is for you.
Joel McAfee | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 18, 2019

Accounting for Small Business Made Accessible and Easy for Noobs Like Me

My organization utilizes Quickbooks Online to unify all of our accounting processes including payroll, bookkeeping, bank reconciliations, tax payments, etc... into a cloud based browser or app interface - accessible anywhere. It allows me the freedom to leave the computer at home update my books, add bills, pay taxes, and simplify payroll at any time or any place.
  • One of my favorite things Quickbooks Online does well is automation of Payroll. I never have to worry if taxes are calculated correctly or print checks - it's all automated and direct deposited. Normally i'd have to pay an accountant to keep up with this or calculate myself - but this is far more efficient.
  • Quickbooks Online as opposed to the older software model allows you the conveniences and confidence of a secure bookkeeping software along with the modernization of cloud based access.
  • Automated tax payment calculations and reminders help me make sure I'm never late for payments, which if you've ever been late on an income tax payment - you don't want that to happen.
  • The feature-set of QBO is so broad that it's sometimes hard to know how to get behind the veil of the simplistic interface and to really put it to use. It would be great to have some built in, hands on training for small business owners who are accounting novices.
  • I have had issues at times where the OS X software doesn't want to load the Quickbooks Online account, which a restart usually fixes - but that's a bit annoying. The browser version usually works pretty flawlessly.
  • Some of the end of year tax systems are built into QBO as third party plug ins (like for 1099 filing i.e.) - which is a bit odd. I'd almost rather integrate them then white label rather than having it take me to some third party website or design layout within the same window. Minor improvement but it does feel a bit clunky.
Quickbooks Online is super well suited for small business owners who are on the go and need access to their bookkeeping across multiple devices. You can leave the desktop and carry your books in your pocket for billing, invoicing, expensing, payroll any time, anywhere. I know there are time tracking plugins as well as other integrations that allow for your staff to submit reports directly to the software which is a brilliant addition.
Read Joel McAfee's full review
Samarah Sardoni | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 23, 2019

QuickBooks Online Makes Invoicing So Easy!

QuickBooks Online is used by three main users at my agency including the project manager (for fixed bid and hourly invoicing), office manager (for reimbursements, hard costs, and payroll), and partners (for viewing statements and upcoming charges). Having multiple users helps divvy up the responsibilities while also keeping everyone accountable and ethical.
  • QuickBooks Online allows me to create "delayed charges" which helps forecast income as well as guarantee that invoicing is not forgotten.
  • QuickBooks Online has several shortcuts to get to where I need to go faster. For example, jumping directly to a client or invoice number.
  • My favorite feature on QuickBooks Online is that I am able to plan ahead for project invoicing and create custom reports that fit my exact needs.
  • Whenever I set up a new invoice or delayed charge and adjust the due date, it uses that same due date for my next invoice. It can get very confusing if I'm not extremely attentive while I am adding in delayed charges.
  • When I create a delayed charge, I add in a "memo" line, but when I create an invoice based on that delayed charge, that memo line does not transfer over.
  • After I've created a line item in an invoice, if I change the "category" or "department" it clears out all other details and forces me to start over.
With several different people viewing our invoices and delayed charges, it is so nice to have it all in one place where we can call reference the same invoice number and work together a lot easier. It also allows special access to different roles. For example, someone in charge of sending invoices could not go in and receive payment for an invoice. This helps keep the company honest.
Read Samarah Sardoni's full review
Brian Welch | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 21, 2019

Quickbooks Online - Simple Start is simple to use

Right now, we use Quickbooks Online for Invoicing and expense tracking. As a small company, it allows me to act as the bookkeeper and accountant even though I don't have an accounting background. It also keeps track of the sales tax I need to collect for the state and keep track of who is behind on paying invoices.
  • Invoicing - I can create products and services as well as enter line items "free-form" for a more specialized service.
  • Sales tax calculation - NJ has changed the sales tax rate 3 times since I went into business. Changing the tax rate is easy, and the calculations Quickbooks does keeps it on track.
  • Expense Tracking - You can create rules to make it easier to track expenses.
  • Announcing changes- The last major changes had me thrown off because I didn't have a preview or transition period.
  • Support - Too much of support can get shrugged over to an accountant, who then tells me it's a Quickbooks issue.
Free-form invoicing is why I started with Quickbooks, it does invoicing well. I can setup specific services/products to charge the same across the board or modify the price on the invoice itself. Expense tracking is another great tool, as long as you use it correctly. The software can be as general or granular as you need. You can group things into one broad service type (such as Software as a Service) or break down to specifics (such as Backup or Hosted Email) depending on what you need to track.
Read Brian Welch's full review
Tammy Roberts | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 17, 2019

I love the versatility and freedom that QuickBooks provides my business!

We use QBO as a professional accounting firm, for our own company, and for our client's bookkeeping. Being in the cloud makes it possible for us to have clients all over the county and not limited to a particular area. We are more efficient by using QBO and we can assign anyone to any client no matter where their location. This helps our outreach and increases our profitability.
  • Syncing banking transactions makes it really easy to know when the accounts are current.
  • Accepting payments directly through invoicing is a great time saver.
  • I know who has done what tasks through the audit trail.
  • Interactive reports/hyperlinks provide personal customization for the user and provides many places to change or correct data easily.
  • Accepting pre-payments is a hassle and would love to have a way to not have to re-touch invoices in the undeposited funds account due to date incompatibly.
  • Finding matches for transactions on a more intuitive level would be helpful.
  • Providing short videos on simple tasks as quick links within the current screen would be awesome.
I use ADP Payroll for my clients and like the integration of the general ledger directly into QBO. It usually finds the match perfectly however if you run two payroll frequencies on the same pay date then QBO has a hard time "adding" the data together which makes it a more manual process.
Read Tammy Roberts's full review
Christopher Cantrall | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 13, 2019

Feature Rich but a Little Sluggish

QuickBooks Online is our primary bookkeeping platform and our primary platform for invoicing and tracking our business financials. The only users at our organization are myself and the other owner. We both log in daily to stay on top of money going out and coming in and get a general sense of outstanding invoices and other related items.
  • Large list of features. There is a lot of functionality packed into QuickBooks Online. It can fill the role of multiple other tools.
  • Being the industry standard. Need an app to interface with QuickBooks Online? It will. Need to connect an accountant? They all know how to use it.
  • Constant innovation. New features get added constantly and improved constantly.
  • Sluggish platform. The interface itself is slick, but slower than it needs to be. A lot of time is wasted waiting for loading.
  • Service unavailability. At times certain parts of the QuickBooks Online platform go down. It's more frequent than it should be.
QuickBooks Online is the industry standard. It does a whole lot of things and works with a whole lot of other tools. If you bring in someone new, chances are that they're familiar with it. It's a good fit in almost any role it has a tool for, and competing products often lack the same maturity of features, or you'd need to use 5 different tools in place of QuickBooks Online.
Read Christopher Cantrall's full review
Susan Hammiche | TrustRadius Reviewer
September 04, 2019

Keep track of your money with Quickbooks Online

Quickbooks Online is used by our company as a financial tool to keep track of all the money going in and coming out. It helps control costs, create budgets, review reports, create and send invoices, process payroll, pay bills, and many more functions. It shows our company where we stand financially with our projects to make sure we don't lose money in the process.
  • Provides an overview of financial standings in various reports.
  • Easy to use and access.
  • Print checks to pay bills.
  • Reduce cost by being able to do payroll ourselves.
  • It has a monthly cost to maintain.
  • No job costing or large inventory management.
  • Direct deposit to vendors not available.
Quickbooks Online is suited well for small businesses who want to control their financials. Work from home businesses, small LLCs and partnerships can easily use the system to track their money to make sure they are profitable. It is easy to access from anywhere as no installation is needed. Any service-based business can use Quickbooks Online. It is less suitable for product-based businesses who carry a large inventory and send out complex invoices.
Read Susan Hammiche's full review
Meiyee Apple Tam | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 31, 2019

A Mid-sized Architecture firm thinks it's just fine.

It is only used in accounting and bookkeeping, with some timekeeping for hourly employees. So just basically one department uses it. It is our only software to really keep track of our expenses, spending, billing, and money in and money out.
  • Track billing.
  • Create reports.
  • Categorize expenses.
  • Track payments.
  • Timekeeping is not as specific.
  • It doesn't talk to our program, an in-house intranet called ArchiOffice.
  • Is not meant for our specific industry, which is architecture, so we have to use another program, ArchiOffice.
  • Project management is lacking.
If you need to be able to track your expenses and billing, QuickBooks online is good.
Read Meiyee Apple Tam's full review
Jason Daniel | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 30, 2019

Keeps things easy and up to date

It was used by two or three users in our office. We used it for invoicing, tracking payments, and creating checks for payroll. We also used it to track credit card transactions and categorize our purchases.
  • Syncing financial data
  • Tracking invoices
  • Tracking and sorting credit card transactions
  • Creating checks was buggy sometimes
Quickbooks Online is a great option if you are going to have a few users that need access to track and edit your financial data easily.
Read Jason Daniel's full review

Pay calculation (44)
Benefit plan administration (21)
Direct deposit files (38)
Salary revision and increment management (28)
Reimbursement management (28)
API for custom integration (32)
Plug-ins (34)
Single sign-on capability (46)
Role-based user permissions (56)
Dashboards (70)
Bank reconciliation (77)
Expense management (67)
Time tracking (33)
5.8
Fixed asset management (32)
6.5
Multi-currency support (12)
4.5
Multi-division support (28)
Regulations compliance (22)
Electronic tax filing (31)
Self-service portal (33)
Global Financial Support (5)
Primary and Secondary Ledgers (12)
Intercompany Accounting (15)
Localizations (9)
Journals and Reconciliations (32)
Enterprise Accounting (13)
Configurable Accounting (16)
Centralized Rules Framework (10)
Standardized Processes (20)
Inventory tracking (28)
Automatic reordering (11)
Location management (12)
Manufacturing module (9)
5.0
Pricing (31)
Order entry (30)
Credit card processing (36)
Cost of goods sold (37)
Order Orchestration (7)
End-to-end order visibility (8)
Order exception Resolution (7)

About QuickBooks Online

QuickBooks Online is a SaaS verison of the QuickBooks product. It contains all of the features found in the local version, features typical of similarly priced accounting software. The monthly fee for this service starts at $10 and climbs to $30 with the Plus version, which has the richest features. The base level allows for unlimited invoices and estimates, expense tracking, importing from Excel or Quickbooks desktop, data backup, mobile accessibility, and integration with many other applications. The Essentials pricing plan contain more automation, more bill and payment management, as well as inventory and time tracking, and the Plus package contains budgeting and analytic features.

QuickBooks Online Integrations