Accounts receivable (123)

Reporting & Analytics

General Ledger and Configurable Accounting

Inventory Management

Order Management

What is QuickBooks Online?

QuickBooks Online is a SaaS verison of the QuickBooks product. It contains all of the features found in the local version, features typical of similarly priced accounting software. The monthly fee for this service starts at $10 and climbs to $30 with the Plus version, which has the richest features. The base level allows for unlimited invoices and estimates, expense tracking, importing from Excel or Quickbooks desktop, data backup, mobile accessibility, and integration with many other applications. The Essentials pricing plan contain more automation, more bill and payment management, as well as inventory and time tracking, and the Plus package contains budgeting and analytic features.

QuickBooks Online Integrations

QuickBooks Online Competitors

QuickBooks Online Technical Details

Alternatives

What is QuickBooks Online?

QuickBooks Online is a SaaS version of the QuickBooks product. It contains all of the features found in the local version. Higher-priced plans include greater automation, payment management, inventory and time tracking, and analytics features.

What is QuickBooks Online's best feature?

Reviewers rate Localizations highest, with a score of 8.7.

Who uses QuickBooks Online?

The most common users of QuickBooks Online are from Small Businesses and the Accounting industry.

Kitty McClelland | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is being used by myself and the COO of the company. We use it for just about everything.....banking, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll; as well as customer invoicing and receiving payments online.
  • Handles the quarterly taxes for us - or at least figures them for us and let's us know when they need to be paid (for those that QuickBooks Online can't electronically transfer)
  • I love the payroll feature too - sooooo easy to use and update!
  • The reports feature is very informative and easy to navigate.
  • Hopefully they will add the ability of Schedule K's into their online service
I don't have very much to say against QuickBooks Online. The only issue I had for a couple months was the fact that when the State of Washington lowered our Unemployment rate, it took 4 calls to QBO to finally get it changed and matching what the state website showed that we owed. Other than that....it has been great using QBO. I have used the desktop version in the past, and I have to admit....I really like the online version, especially with COVID-19 shut downs....I was able to work from home ;-)
Overall, support has been amazing. Only had the one issue where I had to call 4 times regarding the change in our State Unemployment rate....but I finally got the right person on my last call ;-)
We are a small construction company building and remodeling houses in the Pacific Northwest. I use QBO for bookkeeping, project accounting and payroll (3 employees). I handle most the bookkeeping activities at the end of each week, payroll at the end of each month, and my tax accountant handles quarterlies and annual filings.
  • Bookeeping
  • Project accounting
  • Payroll
  • Price increases are out of control (>10% per year)
  • Minimize feature creep and save us money
Program features and usability are pretty good and generally way more than I need. The way they bundle features drives you to select the more expensive option. This probably works okay for merchants and larger companies, but it's a financial burden for small companies like mine. In my case, I wish there was an option to trade off inventory management features for project management features. But I have to pay for both (currently $860/yr 2021). The payroll package is convenient, but too expensive (currently $1200/yr).
Self help is pretty good, but can be misleading. Chat support is better for specific issues.
Zach Yokum | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company uses QuickBooks Online for all of our billing and financial reporting. We currently have 5 active users, 4 of which are for project managers on our team, and then one account for our accountant to monitor activity for tax/accounting purposes. Primarily though, QuickBooks is used for sending out invoices for work completed.
  • Online access
  • Financial analytics
  • Tracking tools for sent invoices
  • More customization for forms.
  • More intuitive navigation of settings panels.
  • Ability for advanced users to modify coding within invoice calculation structure.
  • Customization for branding.
QuickBooks has long been a standard when it's come to small business accounting. Their tools work, the user interface is fairly intuitive to navigate, and it has suited the needs of our small business (11-20 employees) for the past 10 years. However, as we continue to grow and come into a greater need to control our branding, we find that QuickBooks Online often limits us in customization and branding. Plus, it just has some odds quirks in the coding of how the invoices are setup up that often requires us to "fight against the system" in order to accomplish what we want in our invoice structure.
QuickBooks Online support is timely in their responses and generally helpful, but there are occasions where, given the limitations of the platform, they often can't help with a solution and just give the pad answer of "we'll send that feature request to our development team." I also wish there was a live, in app chat feature when I needed especially timely help.
We use Quickbooks for all of our bookkeeping and payroll for 2 clients.
  • It's easy to use
  • The implement new features every year
  • The dashboard provides quick insights
  • Their customer support is disorganized
  • Sometimes the new features they implement will work for a couple of months and then they stop working
  • Their multi-currency is very limiting
Although the interface is easy to use for a lay person I have often found that when I sign on a new client that they have made several accounting errors that have impacting their P&L and Balance sheet that I've had to go back years to correct. So, I don't recommend it for anyone who doesn't have a basic bookkeeping degree.
Support for other features [I feel] is very difficult, especially if it's a new feature that Quickbooks has added since the support personnel often don't even know about the new features.

QuickBooks Online is being used to do all of our bookkeeping, accounting, payroll and budgeting for all of our different accounts. Although I am the primary user, our grant writer, accountant, treasurer and auditor all have access to the program.
  • It enables me to do a P&L for each specific program as requested by the county for the grant money that they give us.
  • It enables me to do [an] organizational budget as well as a budget for each specific program
  • It enables the accountant and the auditor access at any time for transparency
  • I would like to be able to post a refund to come out of expenses instead of income
  • Correcting posting errors could be made easier
  • Matching unapplied payments could be easier
QuickBooks makes it easy to segment your different programs so that you can run P&Ls for the funders.
I really have not called support in the 7 years that I have been using Quickbooks. If I have a question, I Google it and I have always got an answer to my question.
Charles Fashana, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
As business grew, tracking revenue/invoices and expenses/payables through excel spreadsheets or other offline/manual methods quickly became challenging and a better solution was needed. However, as a small business, a robust and expensive accounting software wasn't what we needed. We were looking for a simple solution that would be easy to use and handle the basics of our accounting and finance needs, along with giving us some room to grow with the platform as our business grew. We used QuickBooks Online to do this, and the platform what used primarily by myself as COO, a part-time bookkeeper, and a tax professional at times.
  • Easy to link to bank accounts and credit cards.
  • Intuitive interface for most things.
  • Manageable chart of accounts that allows for good customization of products and services.
  • Basic customization of invoices and language to be used in customer facing invoices/emails.
  • All major financial reports are a few clicks away, most can be customized, filtered, saved, exported.
  • Allows for rules to be set for common, recurring revenue and expenses - with some limitations.
  • The budgets feature leaves a lot be desired - difficult and clunky to populate and maintain.
  • Reporting for Budget vs Actual is available but the ability to reforecast based on updated data is not.
  • The rules function to default common types of expenses isn't perfect and will get confused if like amounts or a number of similar items present.
It really is a perfect tool for small businesses that don't have a ton of complexity in their needs. It can easily handle a lot of customers, revenue and product types, etc. along with providing pretty good reporting. Where it will fall short is when you try to build out a more sophisticated account function that will look to more regularly report, budget, forecast.
I've only had to connect with QuickBooks Online once to inquire about their limitations on the budgeting and forecasting functionality. While the platform simple couldn't accommodating my preferences, the support team was responsive and did follow up as expected, so no real issues there.
Lukas Sundahl, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am currently using QuickBooks Online for my consulting operation. The software helps me categorize all transactions and build out financial statements. I also use the software to reconcile my bank statement each month. I also use QuickBooks to generate my monthly sales invoices. The software handles all the needed sales and back end accounting functions for my consulting work.
  • QuickBooks Online has amazing support to help quickly answer questions.
  • There is an initial discount off the monthly charges for a set time.
  • QuickBooks is well known and trusted by many business owners/accountants.
  • There are continual updates and improvements to the functionality.
  • I feel that some more features could be added to the lower subscription tiers.
  • There could be more customization options for reports at the lower tier.
  • I feel overall that QuickBooks does a great job, so no other recommendations beyond these listed previously.
QuickBooks Online is something that I would highly recommend to another small business owner. I am very happy with the product and features that I use it for with my business. Between the QuickBooks support and YouTube a person can easily find training content or answer a question about a specific task they are trying to complete.
The support for QuickBooks Online is excellent. You can easily begin a chat session with a support expert to get your question(s) resolved. In addition the FAQ section within QuickBooks Online can handle multiple questions without needing to contact a support person. There is also so much content available online within QuickBooks and YouTube showing how to handle a wide variety of tasks.
Jeff Henkel | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use QuickBooks Online daily for my Accounting/Bookkeeping business. My primary business is to serve my clients with various accounting, bookkeeping, and QuickBooks Online Support so they stay focused on running their business. In addition, I use QuickBooks Online for my own business financial accounting. I find the majority of my clients see QuickBooks Online as a good solution for their business.
  • Customer Invoicing - Easy to create and email invoices to customers
  • Bank Feeds - Transactions synced daily to easily record income & expenses
  • Accountant Access - Easily connect your QBO file to for your accountant
  • Paying Bills - In the spirit of simplifying Intuit complicated & confused this process
  • Sales Tax Reporting - Still a work in progress for QBO
  • Support - Extremely inconsistent support; too many support techs lack accounting knowledge & cause accounting errors
  • Pricing - Unfortunately Intuit continues to nickel & dime small business with their various "improvements" & services. Customers have NO input or choice.
QuickBooks is well suited for both accountants and end users as far as usability and working with the basic software.
For accountants serving their business clients QuickBooks can more than suffice small to medium sized businesses.
For small business users it is a good option for starting out simple and then gradually using more aspects of the software.
I heartily recommend that all small business users connect with a QuickBooks Pro Advisor in order to get the most out of the software.
Not only is it sometimes difficult to get support when you need it the support techs are too often unqualified to properly solve problems according to acceptable accounting standards. Techs will know how to "fix" the software but if they don't truly understand double-entry accounting they make another financial problem for a small business owner.
We use QuickBooks Online to keep our accounting books, for financial statements, for forecasting and to track customer and vendor activities. The founder/CEO, the bookkeeper and I use it.
  • I like the QuickBooks Online dashboard and how it gives me a running total of revenue and expenses for the past thirty days. It is brief, well-illustrated, and easy to use.
  • I like the QuickBooks Online interface with our banking accounts for easy reconciliation and import to book transactions.
  • I like that we can each access the books from different locations and see the QuickBooks Online transactions real-time.
  • QuickBooks Online needs help with journal entries. If I accrue a sales transaction to the proper month and reverse it the next month, it may show up in the overdue balance in the customer's activity. This is confusing when confirming outstanding balances due.
  • We would use Direct Deposit in QuickBooks Online, but it is costly. Our bank provides free options for transfers.
  • When I update the bank balances, the transactions showing the difference do not always appear. Yet, it will show a green check mark, anyway.
For a more robust organization, you really need to use QuickBooks Enterprise to provide more functionality. However, for a lean company with straightforward financials, it is an excellent choice, especially if you work remotely.
The QuickBooks Online support team is incredibly helpful. They can remote in to assist you if needed.
I work directly with QuickBooks Online to manage construction projects. Additionally, our company builds integrations into QuickBooks Online using their open API to connect to best-in-class construction project management systems like Procore.
  • QuickBooks Online is a cloud-based accounting system and it allows multiple users to log in from multiple locations.
  • Very easy to set-up, you can be up and going in minutes.
  • Their new projects feature for construction is great addition.
  • Could have more features that align with the desktop version, it's a lite version of QuickBooks Desktop.
  • Custom support could be better. It's a self serve, easy to use software, but they could be better at managing simple questions.
Works well for small businesses, however, if you tie to a larger project management system or ERP, it will give you all the function you need. The open API or Zapier integrations make it simple to work with other systems. The ability to import data from QuickBooks Desktop is simple and allows users to migrate from Desktop to Online in a few hours.
Not great. Once you get in contact with someone they typically solve any issues, but getting to the right person is almost impossible. Good news [is] many answers can be found online.
We use QuickBooks Online at the accounting department. Overall, QuickBooks Online is a great accounting solution for the company of our size (around 150-200 employees). QuickBooks Online focuses on addressing various accounting issues of small and medium size businesses such as simplifying the process of bank reconciliation, running numerous reports used by small/medium businesses daily just in one click, and other useful features.
  • QuickBooks Online has a great and easy user-friendly interface.
  • QuickBooks Online is integrated with many other software packages through a convenient auto-sync such as accounts payable and expense reimbursement applications.
  • QuickBooks Online has great customer support through Intuit forums.
  • QuickBooks Online unfortunately doesn't have some important features such as journal entry approval workflows which are necessary at most companies for internal control purposes.
  • QuickBooks Online reporting feature is not very robust. QuickBooks Online has mostly basic reporting capabilities and limited functionality to customize reports.
  • QuickBooks Online still hasn't added some important accounting modules or capabilities that would make accountants' life easier such as automatic prepaid expense amortization and fixed asset depreciation features.
QuickBooks Online is definitely a great accounting software for small and medium-sized businesses who need a basic system to keep their books. For example, QuickBooks Online is a great fit for service organizations, contractors and freelancers who need to send invoices to their customers, record basic expenses and run a couple of standard reports to assess their profitability and financial position. We use QuickBooks Online at our software startup and it's a great fit at the moment. I would not recommend QuickBooks Online to manufacturing or some businesses that have production or inventory as they might across some limitations of QuickBooks Online.
QuickBooks Online has a great forum by Intuit. I believe both QuickBooks Online specialists and the community contribute to resolving issues and questions QuickBooks Online users have. I posted an issue I had with the software on the forum once and received a complete and knowledgeable replay within a few hours which helped me a lot. In my opinion, QuickBooks Online forum is very well-organized and really helpful especially for the new users.

Rob Martinek | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use this package for Accounting, Invoicing & Payroll. A major benefit is that the majority of accounts automatically sync so there is litlle data entry. Also, there are saved transactions that automatically post common/frequent transactions. We also use the system to run financial reports to evaluate the health of the agency. One of my personal favorities is the P&L Report comarison of current 12 months versus prior 12 months. It shows how we are evolving as an organization on both sides of the ledger
  • Financial Reporting
  • Account Reconciliation
  • Ability to Customize Dashborad
  • Email reminders for Monthly Reports e.g. Reconcile Premiums in Trust Liabilities
  • Provide graphs for P&L comparisons
In my opinion, this product will work for most small business. We don't need to track sales or inventory, so I cannot speak to that functionality. The ability to create and run financial reports is easy. I particularly like the Business Snapshot. The other great feature of the Online version is that you can access it from anywhere. I don't use this very often, but it sure is nice when I need info
Just a couple incidents over the last 10 years. Both were resolved.
May 01, 2021

Quickbooks and Me

QBO is being used by me, the accountant and my boss. I use it for bookkeeping exclusively. It is used for recording and paying bills, tracking expenses, making reports, managing 1 bank account and 2 credit card accounts--three if we count QBO's own charging system. My boss uses it to generate invoices, make deposits, and integrate with proprietary software of his company. No other employees use QBO as there is no need. Since I work from home, it is very easy to communicate what each of us is doing because it appears instantly.
  • QBO Advanced has extremely excellent customer service via the telephone. Agents are knowledgeable, helpful, and usually determined to solve the (user caused) problems. I think that he agents used to be hired to troubleshoot issues but they really have become almost-accountants because this is what is demanded by users.
  • The accountant likes the ability to see in real time any problems that we have. Sometimes it is just a category selection issue--such as which is the proper category to put a particular expense
  • I like the ability to WFH with immediate integration with my boss and his part of the work equation
  • Although there is a steep learning curve for new (never before)users, it is extremely easy to navigate once you accept that QBO must be obeyed. It is difficult to make a mistake as QBO sort of guides your thinking to reach the correct and logical conclusion
  • There are too many self advertisements which pop up. Although it is interesting to note what QBO can offer, I have yet to take advantage of any.
  • QBO has power outages, or whatever they are called when we simply cannot use QBO, which are distressing interruptions to our work.
  • Updates are somewhat frequent and have no warnings
  • It is expensive to maintain and QBO credit card swipe fees are quite uncompetitive
it is the best software for small businesses who want to invest in their business with accurate and competitive bookkeeping, creating and managing invoices, creating and paying bills and keeping track of expenses, managing their own "financial health" and preparing for taxes--including business, payroll and quarterly. I have found the accuracy is spot on. The downloading of checks, credit card charges, and expenses is fast, accurate and convenient.
When isn't it appropriate? I don't know. We have been in business for
The agents in Priority Circle should all have a 10 rating, but, alas, there are some who clearly started 5 minutes ago. I don't have time for that nonsense. The excellent agents stand out with their knowledge and ease of using the program. They are part translator and psychologist as there are times when the frustration level is so high that I can not get the correct words out. But they remain calm and are able to ferret out what's going on. Their solutions can be quick and elegant depending on the situation. Many times they can show me multiple ways to fix my problems and I really appreciate that. Sometimes, it may take hours to reach a conclusion or solution but they always remain cheerful and engaged. They are devoted to making sure that I am satisfied with their answers and never have I felt rushed. After contacting an agent, I am sent a survey with various standard questions and an opportunity to write why I answered as I did. I always complete the surveys because I think that QBO should know when the agents do an outstanding job.
  • no training
We began using Quickbooks software about 15 years ago, but recently (in the past 8 years) migrated to QuickBooks Online. What a wonderful difference this made. The online version is so easy to use and we all love that it updates when necessary. While it's important that I find it easy to use, what's more important for me is that my staff has absolutely no problem using it. They find it simple to use and they love the different help boxes that guide them. The reporting is also very good and definitely solves some of the problems we had in terms of drafting reports to look at earnings from year to year and quarter to quarter.
  • Their different pre-generated reports are so handy for tax time
  • I love how there's auto save options and the ability to backup is so quick/easy
  • I have multiple companies and they make it so easy to switch back and forth between companies
  • The online version could have a better expert mode for advanced users
  • I suppose there could be a few more generated reports based on the type of industry you're in
  • It would be nice to have a quicker way to share reports (outside of the system or through email)
I think just about every industry and every company would benefit from QuickBooks Online. I own an MSP and have no problem recommending QuickBooks Online as the main accounting software for my clients. For small businesses, this software supports a wide variety of integrations and it's so affordable that businesses would be silly not to consider it.
The support has been very good, but I haven't had to use it very much.
Adrienne Gould-Choquette, P.E. | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use QuickBooks Online for our accounting needs including tracking estimates, invoicing, banking, receiving payments, bill payment, and tracking expenses. We are also able to create financial reports to help us predict volume of work trends and let us know how we are performing. Additionally, our accountant has access to QuickBooks Online so that they can retrieve the information and reports they need to prepare our taxes.
  • Receive payments
  • Invoicing
  • Tracking expenses
  • Reporting
  • They will no longer support their desktop app, which they pushed us to use
  • They drastically increased their ACH fees (with the benefit of quicker deposits--but this is not a justifiable benefit for our business model)
  • Some features are limited
If you are a small business owner who does most or all of your accounting, I recommend QuickBooks Online. It is very user friendly, intuitive to navigate, and easy to link up with your accountant. I am an engineer by profession, with no accounting background. This saves time and gives me peace of mind that my books are accurate and up to date. Much of what is done in QuickBooks Online is automated, so it also saves me time.
I think, with very large companies, it can be difficult to get a direct answer to your software question. Oftentimes, solutions have to be researched by reading through forums. But, that being said, the times I have reached out directly for assistance, I was able to eventually get an answer to my question.
  • no training
Really just a reboot - no downtime, no glitches, no unexpected impacts because of the new release.
Darcy Knapp, MBA | TrustRadius Reviewer
QuickBooks Online is an integral part of our business. We run all invoices, recurring revenue, and e-commerce transactions. We bill clients for services with a variety of billing terms (monthly, quarterly, annually) and having QuickBooks Online keeps us on track for all billing, organized, and makes month-end reconciliation easy for my bookkeeper.
  • Recurring revenue billing
  • Tracking open invoices
  • Quarterly and monthly P&L overviews
  • Annual revenue tracking
  • Menus can be confusing
  • Buttons sometimes move during upgrades
QuickBooks Online is well suited for any business with multiple clients and billing. Quickbooks desktop is better if you are tracking physical goods/inventory. We manage 500+ clients' billing with ease; you will find QuickBooks Online an awesome solution to managing your billing.
QuickBooks Online's overall support is easy to work with. The service team is awesome, always eager to find a solution and help you through any issues.
John Crumpton | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use QuickBooks Online for our company accounts at our agency, Doublesided. In my sales role, I use it to create estimates for prospects, record my expenses, and review the profit and loss reports.

My partners use QB to generate invoices and also record both staff and company expenses.
  • Invoices.
  • Recording expenses.
  • Reports, such as P&L.
  • Slow to resolve tech issues (VAT payment).
  • Add a direct link in the navigation to view estimates!
  • Add document signatures to estimates.
QB is a very mature product. In my first business in 2001, I used a windows version of QuickBooks; they have a long history!

We used to send out estimates using Word, making a PDF and emailing, so it's a big time saver to just login, fill in some details an send it out.

For people in the UK it handles VAT calculations and making tax digital, so this also saves us time each quarter.
Excellent - on phone and live chat.
Alek Babaa | TrustRadius Reviewer
we are using QuickBooks Online as our accounting system for our entire company. It keeps our books balanced and allows us to manage the P&L, Balance Sheet & Cash Flow statements.
  • Integrates with online accounts
  • Makes matching to transactions very easy
  • Connects to the Accountants Office Easily
  • Make adding manual transactions easier
  • Easier Journal Entry
I like QuickBooks Online because it is easy for my small business with little transactions each month. It makes recording transactions easy for bookkeeping, however from an accountant standpoint I can see where it might very difficult for customized scenarios.
Support is my least favorite part of the platform because they do not make it easy to speak to humans.
Devin Rowley | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our organization uses QuickBooks Online to track the Accounting and bookkeeping for several small entities that are unrelated to our main business but are owned by the same owner. Since the entities are never going to be consolidated, using QuickBooks Online is a simple and easy solution for managing the entities.
  • Modern and clean UI
  • Secure login
  • Can be used on any device
  • Sync with your bank account for easy reconciliation
  • Check printing can be a hassle
  • Chart of Accounts can be confusing if you don't have a strong knowledge of accounting
I think QuickBooks Online works best for small entrepreneurs who are starting to get real about their business. It doesn't require a lot of hardware investment, but it is as fully featured as some accounting software I have used for larger enterprises. If you are making consistent payments to multiple vendors on monthly basis, it's probably time to get an account.
I haven't needed to use the support team very often. One of the best things about Quickbooks is that it's a large software, so I will do an internet search to see if someone else has run into a similar situation in the past. There are also a lot of YouTube videos that can walk you through any questions you may have.
Mark Anthony Sinchioco | TrustRadius Reviewer
I use QuickBooks Online for a client to record and his expenses daily for his job. He is using it to file reimbursements from his company. What I do is record his expenses using QuickBooks Online and upload the receipts as well for easing viewing and reference. He also make me do reports for his daily expenses and expenditures for his work.
  • Billing
  • Invoices
  • Provide easy options to change currency because there are times we need to use multi-currency records.
This is well suited for smalls businesses who wants to keep track of their financial records. This is also great for individual use like example for freelancers like me. It's great to use in billing and invoicing. This also great in generating reports for expenditures as well as sales of products and services.
Haven't had any experience with their support team yet but I'm sure they will live up to their name.
We use QuickBooks for our accounting purposes and reporting to the board. Our accountant is able to access to also audit our financials. The business problem it is addressing is a one-stop shop for financials. This also helps with reconciling our accounts on a monthly basis. It is easy to use and very user friendly when you have a problem.
  • put all accounts in one location
  • gives a broad look at everything
  • organizes the budget
  • making sure the bank transfer gets all numbers
  • An auto reconcile would be great
  • budget upload feature to use annually
QuickBooks has great reports to be able to give to the board members. it is easy for our auditor to access when doing our financials. It gives the clear picture of financials. This also helps with reconciling our accounts on a monthly basis. It is easy to use and very user friendly when you have a problem.
Luckily I have not had to use the overall support for QuickBooks Online. For the most part I have been able to figure the things out that I use. I may need to try to use it as it seems there may be some features I am not using that I should be or even could be. So will look further into this soon.
QuickBooks is not being using by the whole company just by our accounting department. We use QuickBooks to enter in invoices for payment, record bank transactions, pay bills, currently run a variety of reports, enter in bank deposits and create invoices to mail to customers.
  • Vendor bills
  • Print checks
  • Pay bills
  • Customer invoice
  • Reports
  • Vendor Expense set up
  • New button set up
QuickBooks helps a small company like us keep track of basic bookkeeping. We currently use invoicing from customers and vendors which we pay our bills and make deposits in QuickBooks as well. We track reporting which is easy to read and understand. Printing checks is easy to set up and use. QuickBooks for us, can run into connection issues which makes it frustrating at times.
I have not been in contact with anyone from the support team so I cannot leave any comment on that.
Quickbooks is being used primarily by me. I use it to automate my accounting and run helpful reports.
  • Integrates with 3rd party software
  • Stores receipts
  • Sends invoices & reocurring bills
  • Reporting is sub par. Their monthly statements and dashboard overviews are some of the worste in the industry.
  • Exporting information to an accountant that isnt using quickbooks is a pain.
  • They don't scan receipts and auto upload information like other softwares do.
Quick books is just about perfect for anyone who needs accounting software. It's not so great if you have a business with multiple streams of income and expenses that need to be credited to specific accounts.
They have been just okay. They take a while to get back to you and it seems as though you're speaking to someone from another country.
It is being used to have better control over our finances, as well as financial reporting and integration with our outside accountants. It is allowing us to have clearer insights into our financial position and identify any cash flow issues that may arise because of our case census.
  • Financial reports
  • Integration with our financial institutions.
  • Integration with our outside accounting firm.
  • Bank and credit card account feed goes back 90 days.
  • Giving a bit of control over your data.
  • Expensive to maintain and add features.
It provides the necessary tools for controlling the finances of a small law firm and provides useful integrations and accountant access to streamline their access to financial data. If you are a larger firm, say over 20 employees, it may not be the best option. Your accountant would be the best source of information on the utility of Quickbooks online.
We only had to reach out to support once and the response was quick and a resolution was provided. Have no complaints about the support provided.
I use QuickBooks Online to record all accounting information related to my entire small business. I have it integrated with my Ecommerce platform to automatically record customer data and order information, while also using it for my wholesale operation to track orders and payments. It is the easiest and most cost effective way to capture all sales and expense data, while giving me the power to generate extremely helpful reports which I can use to make business decisions.
  • Software integration - QuickBooks is an industry leading brand and is easily integrated into nearly any software package or service available for businesses.
  • Easy to generate reports - the handy search box allows you to type a few keywords to find the exact report you're looking for
  • Accessibility - handy apps for every device from your desktop computer to your smartphone. The apps are well built and intuitive, they don't leave me frustrated trying to find the button I'm looking for.
  • Banking Integration - this was another must have feature for me to reduce the amount of time I spend entering data from one system into another.
  • Tone down the advertisements for related Intuit products - every year they keep adding more reminders that they offer various other services to help my small business.
  • Too many screens/layouts not necessary for every business. I wish there was a way to deactivate sections like payroll since I'm not using them currently.
  • Products & Services section is rather limited - I'd love to see some sort of rudimentary inventory control system to keep track of stock levels
I really like the QuickBooks Online platform for its versatility and integration capabilities. I think QuickBooks Online is well suited to small to medium size businesses who need a better way of bookkeeping using automated integration to reduce the amount of workload entering data into the system. I don't believe QuickBooks Online would be well suited for Medium-Large businesses with multiple bookkeepers who might require additional meta-data on records such as date of entry and user who entered info.
Honestly never had to reach out to QuickBooks Online for technical support. The only issues I had were integrating with my ecommerce platform which was resolved by a quick google search.