QuickBooks Online is a SaaS version of the QuickBooks product. It contains all of the features found in the local version. Higher-priced plans include greater automation, payment management, inventory and time tracking, and analytics features.https://media.trustradius.com/product-logos/ll/4h/S54FMB1DKTXJ.JPEGFeature Rich but a Little SluggishQuickBooks Online is our primary bookkeeping platform and our primary platform for invoicing and tracking our business financials. The only users at our organization are myself and the other owner. We both log in daily to stay on top of money going out and coming in and get a general sense of outstanding invoices and other related items.,Large list of features. There is a lot of functionality packed into QuickBooks Online. It can fill the role of multiple other tools. Being the industry standard. Need an app to interface with QuickBooks Online? It will. Need to connect an accountant? They all know how to use it. Constant innovation. New features get added constantly and improved constantly.,Sluggish platform. The interface itself is slick, but slower than it needs to be. A lot of time is wasted waiting for loading. Service unavailability. At times certain parts of the QuickBooks Online platform go down. It's more frequent than it should be.,7,QuickBooks Online has generated a great return for us by letting us keep our finger on the pulse of our books. For the rare moments when our customers use credit cards, QuickBooks payments platform has been handy and gets us money quickly. The invoicing functionality makes it easy to generate invoices and attribute later payments to them.,FreshBooks, Xero and Zoho Books,Airtable, Asana, PandaDocKeep track of your money with Quickbooks OnlineQuickbooks Online is used by our company as a financial tool to keep track of all the money going in and coming out. It helps control costs, create budgets, review reports, create and send invoices, process payroll, pay bills, and many more functions. It shows our company where we stand financially with our projects to make sure we don't lose money in the process.,Provides an overview of financial standings in various reports. Easy to use and access. Print checks to pay bills. Reduce cost by being able to do payroll ourselves.,It has a monthly cost to maintain. No job costing or large inventory management. Direct deposit to vendors not available.,9,Cost reduction to employ an outside accountant as the monthly fee is lower. More time available for other things as the financials will take less time to complete. Greater insight into profit and loss of the company.,Wave Accounting,Entering bills. Creating new jobs. Setting up clients.,Creating access to outside users. limitation on file size.,Yes, but I don't use it,9A Mid-sized Architecture firm thinks it's just fine.It is only used in accounting and bookkeeping, with some timekeeping for hourly employees. So just basically one department uses it. It is our only software to really keep track of our expenses, spending, billing, and money in and money out.,Track billing. Create reports. Categorize expenses. Track payments.,Timekeeping is not as specific. It doesn't talk to our program, an in-house intranet called archioffice. Is not meant for our specific industry, which is architecture, so we have to use another program, archioffice. Project management is lacking.,7,It's universal in that if I hire a different accountant, they'll be able to pick it up and use it, since a lot of people know how it works. The reports are the fastest and most user-friendly to get information. I haven't been able to translate it for unconventional businesses, though. For this business, with invoicing, like bills in and out, it's fine, but as an artist, I haven't been able to figure out what to do with this program, so I haven't used it and it's too expensive for me. Because it doesn't speak to our Time management architecture software, as Quickbooks desktop does, we've had to do double entry work.,Zoom and ArchiOffice,ArchiOfficeKeeps things easy and up to dateIt was used by two or three users in our office. We used it for invoicing, tracking payments, and creating checks for payroll. We also used it to track credit card transactions and categorize our purchases.,Syncing financial data Tracking invoices Tracking and sorting credit card transactions,Creating checks was buggy sometimes,9,Quickbooks online was able to provide services that we were paying separate companies to manage all in one place. We didn't even use all the features we could have and it was very worthwhile.,QuickBooks Desktop EnterpriseThe must-have accounting tool for solopreneurs and small business start upsQuickbooks Online is one of those web-based accounting tools that, as a new business, you initially don't think you need until you start using it. Prior to understanding the importance of keeping records of expenses that my business incurred, I was using an Excel spreadsheet. I use to dread having to do my monthly and quarterly accounts as it was just so time-consuming and frustrating. Quickbooks literally gave me my time and sanity back.,Ability to import and export reports that you will need to help you do your self-assessment annual taxes. Connect your bank accounts and set it to recognize different types of expense and total up your business profits. The ability to take photos of your invoices and receipts and stores them for you. Draft invoices that I'm then able to send to my clients.,The app is very limited in what it can really do when trying to manage your accounts on the go. The connection with my bank accounts keeps getting disconnected and I'm constantly having to reconnect them which is time-consuming and annoying. There's a learning curve with using QuickBooks Online if you've never used accounting software. I had to watch a lot of video tutorials online.,7,QuickBooks online is an expense that I feel is balanced out by the time it saves when gathering your profit and loss reports for your annual self assessments For those that hate the idea of excel spreadsheets, Quickbooks literally removes that frustration once you've set up and integrated all the tools you feel would benefit your business. For the price, I would expect fewer errors especially with the constant disconnection with my bank accounts. I recommend just keeping an eye and check-in to make sure everything is still connected and doing what it should be doing via the app.,,WooCommerce, Microsoft Office 365, WordPress,Annual Self-assessment reports and files Recording of business expenses Drafting invoices to sent to clients,9,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Third-party Reviews,I wouldn't have changed my selection process of selecting QuickBooks Online as I feel my normal steps include taking advantage of the trial period after reading reviews from users. If I had to do it all again, I would have started out with Quickbooks from the beginning of my business journey.,4,Yes,I havent had a lot of issues with QuickBooks, which is probably a good thing. But on a few occasions, I did it was a negative experience so I'm unable to give any examples of a time that I experience exceptional customer support. I would say this was a year ago so there may have been sufficient improvements on the support end. I hope so.,Creating invoices and sending them to your clients Importing and exporting reports Loading invoices and recipes that you've taken pictures of for your records,The constant disconnection of my bank accounts App crashing to frequently,Yes,8A Quick Review for QuickBooksWe use QuickBooks Online in my department mainly as a way to keep track of departmental spending and/or other expenses. It is a convenient way to organize and help visualize where we, as a department, spend the most money. It is definitely helpful for larger invoices. I would say the biggest drawback is that some functions are not always the most intuitive to figure out.,Good for Invoices. Cloud based means easy access. Overall number of features makes this system effective for most businesses.,Occasionally, features are not intuitive. It can be expensive. Customer service wait times can be very long.,7,Positive ROI Positive streamlining expense tracking. Easy estimates.,Gusto,Gusto, iWave, ZipBooksQuickbooks Online: Great for Smaller Businesses with Outside AccountingQuickbooks Online was used for our customers who wanted a smoother cloud-based experience where we were able to manage and review their financials in real-time. Quickbooks online allowed us to be more hands-on and provide support quicker than our Quickbooks desktop clients, even those using remote servers. The ease of access was a huge benefit of QBO. We suggested QBO to all clients who we thought could benefit from it, taking into consideration the size of their business and needs.,Cloud-Based Accounting Simple and Straightforward UI Quick Response Time,Cleaning up outdated reports is time-consuming Exporting Reports to Excel/PDF has been troublesome a fair number of times Audit log could be more transparent,8,Quick time-efficient response to accounting inquiries. Audit log to track client actions. Straightforward representation of financials.,QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise,Sage IntacctQuickBooks Online is the 'go-to' option for starting businesses.We are using QuickBooks Online to track income and expenses for a small counseling private practice. It is being used only by a few individuals that are responsible for tracking the financial information. It is mainly used as a system to make tax season easier when filling out a Sch C. However, it also has been useful for managing cash flow and profitability on a monthly basis.,The user interface is relatively easy to follow. Because it is such a popular system, there is a copious amount of free training information out there to use. Being able to access the accounting software from anywhere on any device is a huge plus. For what you get with Quickbooks Online, it really is quite affordable.,Since the software is on the 'cloud' connecting to the server can take a little more time than I'd like. This is simply a side-effect of having a bad internet connection depending on where I'm at and not necessarily a defect of the software. If the software was just installed on my computer, this wouldn't be an issue. The system is perfect for an individual that is not well versed in accounting systems. Can feel restrictive at times if you're familiar with other accounting software application. The user experience is certainly geared toward a novice user.,9,It has been nice to have a centralized location that can be accessed anywhere. Especially the feature to send invoices from my phone has been useful. The reports are basic, but exactly what a new business starting out needs.,,Sage IntacctQuickbooks is definitely quick, easy, and gets the job done! Affordable!We use Quickbooks Online for our entire organization. We have around 120 clients, and Quickbooks helps us keep their accounts up-to-date and accurate. We really like the payments feature, and that it automatically logs the payment when someone pays online via their invoice. I feel that having this feature helps us get more payments on time, as well as saves us some time and effort.,The user interface is clean and things are easy to find. This saves us time from having to look for things we need. If we can't find something, the Help and Search features are easy to use. There is a bar graph at the top of my Customers page that shows a breakdown of overdue invoices, open invoices, and those that have been paid in the last 30 days. This is nice because I can see all this information quickly when I need it. We can customize invoices as much as we need to and it is very user-friendly. We can email individual invoices or in bulk to save time. We can send invoice reminders and statements in a flash as well. All of these things help us get paid on time.,I've had a hard time linking Quickbooks with my bank account and then categorizing my income/expenses. I'm not sure why, but I wish there was someone who could help with this. I wish that I could make the emailed invoices come from my own email address so they have less of a chance of going to clients' spam inboxes. It's a little annoying that they really try to push the Online version versus the software version. I asked a sales rep on the online chat about it once and he really tried to discourage me, saying that they don't offer ANY support if you have the software. I suppose they make more money with online subscriptions.,9,Quickbooks Online has greatly helped us get more payments in on time by being able to invoice easily and collect card payments online. People can't use the "I forgot my checkbook" excuse. It has helped us stay organized, which is important when dealing with people's money. If there is a dispute, we can easily look up the client's account in our records and settle it. It has helped us pay employees on time and easily, while also keeping a record of every payment we have made to our employees and vendors.,PayPal Payments, PayPal Here and QuickBooks Pro,AppointmentPlus, Google Drive, Google FormsQuickBooks Online: A Non-Profit Executive Director's PerspectiveWe are using QuickBooks Online to manage our expenses and fundraising efforts across our entire non-profit organization. Previously we used simple spreadsheets to organize our financial data, but the QuickBooks functionality and ability to connect directly to our bank account was going to save us tons of time per month so we decided to switch to the online version. We also looked into the desktop version, but the bank connection functionality was greatly underdeveloped, so we decided that the online version would fit our organization the best even though it is not specific for non-profit organizations.,Bank Connection - it's so nice to be able to pull expenses and deposits directly from our bank account into QuickBooks for categorization, this was the primary reason we chose the online version. Categorization of Expenses - easy to categorize expenses and assign them to a certain vendor (same for sales and customers). Reporting - Statement of Activity, Financial Position and Revenue by Customer are the most used reports.,Non-profit functionality for fundraising - I have to categorize accounts receivable as sales, and instead of being able to show collection of the sale and put the funds into our fundraising (income) account upon collection, I have to delete the sale and recategorize the expense as a fundraising Reports could be more clearly labeled so I could find what I need better (e.g. being able to pull how much I paid a contractor by name). Reconciliation of errors between bank and QuickBooks accounts - I make mistakes, I need to know there's an easy way to reset the account to zero our minor errors, but have not yet found the means to do so.,9,QuickBooks Online has saved us tons of time each month categorizing expenses and income, allowing us to focus on more important tasks at hand. It was also a huge savior for compiling our next year's budget and projections. It took a long time to set up QuickBooks Online and the desktop version when we did a trial of that product. Product support is not great while setting up QuickBooks, especially when we had a lot of problems with our account.,QuickBooks Premier and Accounting by Wave,Asana, AirtableQBO - Good for basic double entry book keeping but don't expect bells and whistlesWe are a geographically diverse company dealing with distribution of retail goods to both online channels and stores. We needed a book keeping solution that was not overly complex but more importantly, could run in the cloud and be accessed 24/7 from anywhere. We also needed a system that would be able to pull transactions in from Amazon, Walmart, eBay etc., to automate bookkeeping as much as possible and also to tie in with our bank account at Citibank.,24/7 access in the cloud to our books from geographically diverse locations and timezones Relatively simple interface for non finance people who need to deal with invoicing or entry of bills Relatively low cost solution,Compared to the full desktop version, there is still a great deal of functionality missing. In particular sales orders and greater levels of report and invoice customization. There is a desktop app that can be downloaded but it doesn't really do much to provide better access than directly through the browser. It could be developed to provide better offline access or at least storage of some regularly used data. Unfortunately, there just isn't much out there that answers all the needs and QBO is more of a 'better the devil you know' solution than one that I would actively advocate.,7,As an online retailer and distributor of imported goods, QBO does not help me drill down to work out my profitability across different channels. For this, I end up back in Excel. QBO is a cost effective solution to basic double entry book keeping.,Xero, Zoho Books, Accounting by WaveQuickBooks Online is all you need!We are a small office and only I and our outside accountant use QuickBooks Online. It has allowed me to work on our finances remotely.,I like to create my own reports and can quickly access them and easily change them as needed. This is our second year of implementing our budget into the software; it is a great feature to add to my reports and helps to keep us on track. Recording expenses from our credit card is a great tool and saves me a lot of time.,The invoicing function lacks customization options. The software does not allow you to have multiple screens open at one time. Setting up the reoccurring payments feature is difficult.,8,The software allows you to compare previous years' results. It also allows our accountant to work simultaneously with us online. QuickBooks has tons of options and integrations; is intuitive, and provides the tools necessary for keeping track of our business. I enjoy the fact that I can easily access the financial information I need from any computer with a web browser, and it integrates with basically everything in our business.,QuickBooks Pro,Expensify, Dropbox, Constant ContactSuper systemI have used QuickBooks Online to track income and expenses as well as run reports to share with the officers making the budget decisions. The reporting feature is pretty user friendly. The “powers that be” appreciate how quickly I can turn around any requests for reports.,QuickBooks is pretty user friendly. QuickBooks has a great reporting tool. QuickBooks is intuitive, so you don’t need to be an expert to use it successfully.,The first time I used QuickBooks, I had difficulty navigating the system but it didn’t take long to get the hang of it. Customer service is lacking. Prices are raised too frequently.,7,QuickBooks is a great time saver with so many things being automated. The reports provide valuable information for budgeting decision makers. The automatic categorizing of expenses helps in making informed decisions.,,1,,Tracking Reporting,6,No,Product Usability Analyst ReportsGood for small business working closely with bookkeeper or accountant onlineWe use QuickBooks Online when our bookkeeping customers need a solution that allows access from anywhere and/or by multiple people.,Easy to access from any computer. As long as you can check your email for the verification code, you can access your QuickBooks Online file from any computer. Download activity from your bank or credit card account. QuickBooks Online makes it easy to download the activity from most banks and major credit cards and to review and post that activity to the books. Statement reconciliations. The reconciliation function makes it easy to do bank reconciliations or reconcile credit card statements. You can edit from the reconciliation screen, or easily click to edit a transaction if needed.,Customizing reports. The Customize screen is clunky. For instance, it is harder than it should be to show a Debit and Credit columns instead of just an Amount. It takes several clicks and dragging. The payroll module is awkward and rigid. There is almost no option for customization or correction. The reports are terrible and almost impossible to convert for use in excel format. Any correction or alteration involves a call to customer service when it should just be a simple fix (as it is in the desktop version of QuickBooks payroll). I avoid using QuickBooks Online payroll if at all possible. Preparing 1099. Working in the Forms 1099 wizard is no good. You cannot easily go back once you click on a link. The filters reset and you have to start over. You cannot scroll or sort by amount, you have to page through sometimes dozens of screens to review the items.,8,QuickBooks Online has allowed us to expand to clients who do not spend their day in the office by giving them the option of accessing the account from just about anywhere. It has also reduced travel and down time by allowing us to access client books without having to drive to their home or office to do so.,QuickBooks Pro,QuickBooks ProQBO is #1... for now.We use QuickBooks Online for our all of our organization’s billing, daily accounting, and tax preparation.,The convenience of it being web-based allows me access regardless of location. It also affords me the opportunity to use an app on my phone when I’m on the go. The application itself is pretty clean and fairly easy to use.,The price. It’s too expensive.,8,It has helped us streamline our billing and accounting practices. It saves us an incredible amount of time processing bills, expenses, payroll, and monthly reconciliation.,,WordPress, SEMRush, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator CC,2,1,Accounting Billing Financial reporting,8I would recommend QuickBooks Online.QuickBooks Online is used by our book keeper and accountant. It helps us keep track of our expenses and run detailed reports to evaluate the health of our business.,Easy to use. Great dashboard.,Always ensure main owner is the Master Administration. This eliminates any problems obtaining your data from a book keeper.,9,Streamlines book keeping and accounting. Allows specific reports to be run immediately.,Hubdoc,MINDBODY, AskNicelyQuickbooks online will keep you organized and saving money at tax timeFor our real estate business, we use quickbooks to solve a number of problems. We use it to pay vendors and utilities (where applicable), receive payments from tenants, reporting, tracking expenses, and tax prep. It has been used by the business as a whole, as well as by individual salespeople to track client related expenses.,Expense reporting. There are several reporting options making this a breeze to produce Scheduling bill pay to various vendors Tax preparation and getting ready to file.,Collaboration. I would like multiple members of our team to be able to collaborate better. I have difficulty sometimes tracking what was done by whom at a user level. Making user permissions easier to manage. Setting security options between users. The features may be there but it is not as intuitive to set certain access permissions and differentiate between users as I would like. Integration into Outlook calendars would be a nice add-on for payment reminders. These are setup and scheduled for payment automatically through the app, but a reminder on my personal calendar would be a nice add on. It may even be available but I am not aware of it.,9,Implementing QB saved us lots of money that would have otherwise went to an accountant for tax prep. QB does a lot of the work for us, saving time with the accountant, prep for accountant meetings, and lots of time and money to prepare a return This saved us time and money on checks, envelopes, stamps and LATE FEES! Record keeping and reporting are 2 invaluable features QB Online does really well.,,Expensify, DocuSign, OneNote,4,Adding Invoices Adding Receipts and Payments Scheduling payments,Adding in Payroll (couldn't figure this out),Yes, but I don't use it,8QuickBooks Online is a solid program that takes some time to learnWe use QuickBooks Online (QBO) for all bookkeeping, invoicing and reporting. It solves all of our booking and a/r needs.,QuickBooks makes invoicing and matching transactions easy. QuickBooks can generate accurate p&ls, balance sheets and gives you a good picture of what’s going on with your business. They have a great mobile app that is very functional as well.,QuickBooks online can be very slow, sometimes very frustrating. Better customer support. More training options for newcomers, it’s not an easy to learn software if you’ve never used accounting software before.,6,As the company has grown it has really become an integral part of our business. It's a very robust program, we use it as a daily tool for bookkeeping and A/P. We haven't used all the features of QBO, and it does take a good amount of learning/trial & error to get up to speed. I would recommend using a QuickBooks certified consultant if you need the training. Overall QBO has really helped organize our small business.,FreshBooks and Accounting by Wave,Bill.com, monday,2,,Accounts Receivable Reports Bookkeeping Invoicing,Payroll Cash Flow management Inputting Bills,7Not customizable enough. Desktop QB is much better.We use it for invoicing customers, paying bills (via check), and payroll.,Payroll is easy. It's easy to compare reports like P&L and Balance Sheet from year to year. The dashboard makes it easy to get a snapshot of your company.,The lack of forms customization is really terrible. It isn't malleable enough for the needs of different types of business. The program runs WAY TOO SLOW! Every click takes too long to connect with the server. It often has too many clicks to get to areas I use often. It needs to be more intuitive with fewer clicks to get to everything.,5,I wish had never switched to QBO. The desktop version was much better suited for our business.,QuickBooks Pro,CurrentQuickBooks Online is a Suitable Accounting SoftwareQuickbooks Online helps us keep track and manage all of our accounts. It keep us organized and top of everything, financially speaking. We can easily track profits, expenses, sales, and taxes from within Quickbooks. It's also incredibly easy to setup as an employer and add new employees (It takes the headaches out of paying payroll taxes as well).,Ease of use, it's important for non-financial background business owners to understand the flow of money Great help with keeping track of your money flow Very easy to keep track of recurring invoices and customer payments,Even after you've purchased the product Quickbooks will advertise loans and plugins to you occasionally Invoice filtering doesn't default to most recent, but defaults to open invoices and then some random ordering More complicated processes require an accountant version of Quickbooks to complete,10,Given us an easy way to manage and keep track of our money Helped us know what smart expenses we could make and what we can afford to spend on Given us clear objectives and paths to growing financially,,ConnectWise Control (formerly ScreenConnect), Acronis Backup Cloud, Acronis Disaster Recovery Service,2,,Accounting Invoicing Payroll,Time tracking Sales Taxes Customer Management,More accurate and better time tracking with a plugin Quotes and loan applications Help with Workman's Comp Insurance,10,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Prior Experience with the Product,I wouldn't change our evaluation process. We went with the most cost effective application for our purposes. QuickBooks does everything we need it to do and it's got a great price.We went from spreadsheets to QuickBooks Online and it has transformed our company.We are a small company, so only two of us have access to QuickBooks Online. The way we use it: My Director of Operations is in charge of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Cash Flow. We use QuickBooks Online integration with Bill.com for our Accounts Payable. For Cash Flow we use the QuickBooks Online integration with Float. I use QuickBooks Online to generate P&L reports and reconcile all of our bank accounts and credit cards.,Integrations with different services, such as Bill.com and Float. Our P&L is really clean now. We transitioned from Cash to Accrual in 2017 and QBO has helped tremendously. Customizing invoices using a template was something we took advantage of, since our old customers were used to an existing format.,The user management has been broken at times. I had a support ticket out for nearly a year before my issue was resolved. They've increased the price recently and I wasn't expecting it. Although, it's still a value for us. The Mac app has been unstable in the past. Fortunately you can still use the website in the rare case that the desktop app fails to load.,9,We had an issue with people paying us on time. With QuickBooks Online we are now able to track how far overdue an invoice is, and act on it. Clearly seeing our expenses by category has allowed us to budget better in the future. Reconciling our accounts is great in that we see every dollar going out and coming in.,Xero, Accounting by Wave and ZipBooks,Float, Bill.comExcellent Basic Accounting PlatformQuickBooks Online is used throughout the organization. It covers all basic accounting needs for small and mid-sized businesses and nonprofits. It enables us to produce invoices, receive payments, pay vendors, and more all from the program. There are good security features to enable tiered access for various staff and departments.,Recent fixes to glitches Chart of accounts is relatively easy to set up and manage Invoicing is super easy to use,Inventory feature is not user-friendly Fund accounting can be clunky Custom reports are not intuitive,8,Reduced our time spent on basic functionsGreat Accounting System for Small Businesses and OrganizationsMost of my clients are using QuickBooks Online companywide. There are not many dimensions available they can use, such as location, segment, department, project and so on.,Easy to use whether accountant or non-accountant, except setup and adjustments. Simple processes on banking (cash transaction match) and bank/account reconciliations. Great dashboard where you can see an overview of financial performance at a high level simultaneously instead of running individual reports.,As I mentioned earlier, we sometimes need to have more than one account dimension like 'Class' to record transactions for companies/clients who have complicated organization structures or/and business lines. Payroll services are not really very comprehensive.,8,Increases efficiency in business operation, especially finance/internal controls. Having one place to store all accounting/financial files. Ability to run real-time reports.,Sage Intacct and NetSuite,Sage IntacctQuickbooks Online is on pointIt is used by the local organization as a whole. It solves the issues of workers working remotely and still having access.,Invoicing Reminder emails for outstanding invoices Setting up pledges was simple,The overall organization. Something's are organized in a manner that's not immediately obvious Report names and items should be consistent with the desktop versions as well for ease of use from those transitioning,8,Positive ROI,,ProcoreOnline is so easy to access and stay up to dateQuickBooks Online allows me to keep up with all my bookkeeping. We use the check register to enter all checks and merge with our online banking for quick entry.,The online banking is very helpful with balancing my accounts. I like the merging of entries. The categories help me budget and plan my income and expense workflow. The merge of credit cards into our account is helpful in tracking.,It is sometimes time intensive to label each transaction. I like that it merges the online account into my ledger, but the repeat entries don't always categorize as I like.,10,Super ROI, love to be able to log in where ever I am Easy to use and easy to log in,QuickBooks Premier,EagleSoft
QuickBooks Online

QuickBooks Online Reviews

QuickBooks Online

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019
Filter 681 vetted QuickBooks Online reviews and ratings

Christopher Cantrall profile photo
  • Large list of features. There is a lot of functionality packed into QuickBooks Online. It can fill the role of multiple other tools.
  • Being the industry standard. Need an app to interface with QuickBooks Online? It will. Need to connect an accountant? They all know how to use it.
  • Constant innovation. New features get added constantly and improved constantly.
QuickBooks Online is the industry standard. It does a whole lot of things and works with a whole lot of other tools. If you bring in someone new, chances are that they're familiar with it. It's a good fit in almost any role it has a tool for, and competing products often lack the same maturity of features, or you'd need to use 5 different tools in place of QuickBooks Online.
Read Christopher Cantrall's full review
Susan Hammiche profile photo
  • Provides an overview of financial standings in various reports.
  • Easy to use and access.
  • Print checks to pay bills.
  • Reduce cost by being able to do payroll ourselves.
Quickbooks Online is suited well for small businesses who want to control their financials. Work from home businesses, small LLCs and partnerships can easily use the system to track their money to make sure they are profitable. It is easy to access from anywhere as no installation is needed. Any service-based business can use Quickbooks Online. It is less suitable for product-based businesses who carry a large inventory and send out complex invoices.
Read Susan Hammiche's full review
Meiyee Apple Tam profile photo
  • Track billing.
  • Create reports.
  • Categorize expenses.
  • Track payments.
If you need to be able to track your expenses and billing, QuickBooks online is good.
Read Meiyee Apple Tam's full review
Jason Daniel profile photo
  • Syncing financial data
  • Tracking invoices
  • Tracking and sorting credit card transactions
Quickbooks Online is a great option if you are going to have a few users that need access to track and edit your financial data easily.
Read Jason Daniel's full review
Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc profile photo
  • Ability to import and export reports that you will need to help you do your self-assessment annual taxes.
  • Connect your bank accounts and set it to recognize different types of expense and total up your business profits.
  • The ability to take photos of your invoices and receipts and stores them for you.
  • Draft invoices that I'm then able to send to my clients.
Although I have a few annoyances with QuickBooks, I would still recommend it to any solopreneur or small business starting out. If you plan on doing your own accounting or simply lack the funds to pay for an accountant, I recommend learning how to set it up and use the features that help your business look more professional. For example, drafting invoices that you can customize to suit your business. I wouldn't recommend QuickBooks Online for those that need more customized, robust features for payroll and reporting.
Read Ayo Bamgbose, Assoc CIPD, MSc's full review
  • Good for Invoices.
  • Cloud based means easy access.
  • Overall number of features makes this system effective for most businesses.
We use this a lot for estimating costs of any upgrade the department might need but you can not do more than one at a time. We use the contact management section for different personnel and this feature is well developed. But mostly we use it to tracking the overall expenses in the department.
  • Cloud-Based Accounting
  • Simple and Straightforward UI
  • Quick Response Time
Quickbooks online is great for smaller businesses who have multiple users logging in from different sources. Quickbooks Online was much easier to use than Quickbooks Desktop for a remote server. I would say QBO is less appropriate for businesses of a larger scale, or if the accounting is more complex with payroll, more-detailed accounting software may be stronger.
  • The user interface is relatively easy to follow. Because it is such a popular system, there is a copious amount of free training information out there to use.
  • Being able to access the accounting software from anywhere on any device is a huge plus.
  • For what you get with Quickbooks Online, it really is quite affordable.
I would certainly recommend this product to someone just starting a company. It is the best option out there. It is mainly going to be useful when it comes time to file your taxes. I wouldn't recommend this to a large company that has more complicated needs and requirements out of an accounting system.
Jennifer Walschap profile photo
  • The user interface is clean and things are easy to find. This saves us time from having to look for things we need. If we can't find something, the Help and Search features are easy to use.
  • There is a bar graph at the top of my Customers page that shows a breakdown of overdue invoices, open invoices, and those that have been paid in the last 30 days. This is nice because I can see all this information quickly when I need it.
  • We can customize invoices as much as we need to and it is very user-friendly. We can email individual invoices or in bulk to save time. We can send invoice reminders and statements in a flash as well. All of these things help us get paid on time.
Quickbooks Online is great for small/medium-sized businesses with a large client base. If you only have a few clients, you may not need something this complex. Quickbooks Online has many features to help your business, including accounting for tax purposes, and payroll features if needed. It can definitely suit a wide range of business sizes and models. There is a lot of customization available, so it can get the job done for many types of businesses. If you are the sole employee of your business and have less than 10 clients, you might try something like Paypal for invoicing and accounting to save money. Quickbooks does a better job though when you have many clients, we have around 120. If you have employees and need to print them checks, Quickbooks is great. We have around 25 employees and print checks every month. It is very easy to go back and find a check that was printed if needed.
Read Jennifer Walschap's full review
Dylan DeClerck profile photo
  • Bank Connection - it's so nice to be able to pull expenses and deposits directly from our bank account into QuickBooks for categorization, this was the primary reason we chose the online version.
  • Categorization of Expenses - easy to categorize expenses and assign them to a certain vendor (same for sales and customers).
  • Reporting - Statement of Activity, Financial Position and Revenue by Customer are the most used reports.
Small businesses or medium-sized companies could definitely use QuickBooks Online, especially if they are not currently using any accounting software or are transitioning from a free or low-cost product alternative. I would also recommend the online version for non-profits if they can go in with the knowledge that they'll have to categorize income more similarly to a for-profit organization.
Read Dylan DeClerck's full review
Warren Marland profile photo
  • 24/7 access in the cloud to our books from geographically diverse locations and timezones
  • Relatively simple interface for non finance people who need to deal with invoicing or entry of bills
  • Relatively low cost solution
QuickBooks Online (QBO) does 70% of what you need really well, 15% not so well and 15% not at all. Its stock management is lacking, in particular where bundles/kits are used. The more complex your requirements, the more difficult it will be to fit them into QBO's more limited functionality. There are hosted QB Pro/Desktops which may be more suitable.
Read Warren Marland's full review
Gayle Potter, IOM profile photo
  • I like to create my own reports and can quickly access them and easily change them as needed.
  • This is our second year of implementing our budget into the software; it is a great feature to add to my reports and helps to keep us on track.
  • Recording expenses from our credit card is a great tool and saves me a lot of time.
The software allows data importation from integrated applications like PayPal, American Express and Square. Functionality is limited on mobile devices.
Read Gayle Potter, IOM's full review
Sandy Breihan Sinclair profile photo
December 08, 2018

Super system

• QuickBooks is pretty user friendly.
  • QuickBooks has a great reporting tool.
  • QuickBooks is intuitive, so you don’t need to be an expert to use it successfully.
QuickBooks Online is good for smaller businesses as well as for personal finance. I’m not sure how it would be with a large Fortune 500 company.
Read Sandy Breihan Sinclair's full review
Meredith Turcotte profile photo
  • Easy to access from any computer. As long as you can check your email for the verification code, you can access your QuickBooks Online file from any computer.
  • Download activity from your bank or credit card account. QuickBooks Online makes it easy to download the activity from most banks and major credit cards and to review and post that activity to the books.
  • Statement reconciliations. The reconciliation function makes it easy to do bank reconciliations or reconcile credit card statements. You can edit from the reconciliation screen, or easily click to edit a transaction if needed.
Well suited for a company with straightforward books and very simple, or outsourced, payroll. Good if you want several people to be able to access from different locations.
Read Meredith Turcotte's full review
Jeremy Kiner profile photo
December 11, 2018

QBO is #1... for now.

• The convenience of it being web-based allows me access regardless of location.
  • It also affords me the opportunity to use an app on my phone when I’m on the go.
  • The application itself is pretty clean and fairly easy to use.
It is a great product for managing your financials, however, it can be cost-prohibitive for a new business that can’t afford the high monthly fee.
Read Jeremy Kiner's full review
Luke Fuller profile photo
  • Easy to use.
  • Great dashboard.
Great for analysis of your business. It helps produce quality reports.
Read Luke Fuller's full review
  • Expense reporting. There are several reporting options making this a breeze to produce
  • Scheduling bill pay to various vendors
  • Tax preparation and getting ready to file.
In the past we have used QuickBooks Online to schedule vendor payment and tracking between various properties. This was helpful to us because it not only ensured that many payments to many vendors across many dates were shipped in time, but the built-in reporting and tax prep features made filing so much easier when it came to be tax time.
  • QuickBooks makes invoicing and matching transactions easy.
  • QuickBooks can generate accurate p&ls, balance sheets and gives you a good picture of what’s going on with your business.
  • They have a great mobile app that is very functional as well.
It’s great for sending invoices and matching transactions. Also for running aging a/r reports and others.
We use it for invoicing customers, paying bills (via check), and payroll.
  • Payroll is easy.
  • It's easy to compare reports like P&L and Balance Sheet from year to year.
  • The dashboard makes it easy to get a snapshot of your company.
It's good if you have a standard retail business. But it isn't customizable enough for other types of businesses. We have a company that offers short-term rentals. There is NO way to track inventory for rent within QBO.
  • Ease of use, it's important for non-financial background business owners to understand the flow of money
  • Great help with keeping track of your money flow
  • Very easy to keep track of recurring invoices and customer payments
It is well suited for small businesses and medium sized businesses that need access to QuickBooks from any location, especially if you're an organization with a mobile workforce. Not having to deal with a local QB file is really great for work at home solutions and businesses with offices in multiple locations.

• Integrations with different services, such as Bill.com and Float.
  • Our P&L is really clean now. We transitioned from Cash to Accrual in 2017 and QBO has helped tremendously.
  • Customizing invoices using a template was something we took advantage of, since our old customers were used to an existing format.
If you need a high level and detailed view of your finances QuickBooks Online does a great job. It excels at the details, where you can create your own custom "product" lists and then run reports against them. But you can also zoom out a bit and see the overall profit and loss.

• Recent fixes to glitches
  • Chart of accounts is relatively easy to set up and manage
  • Invoicing is super easy to use
Quickbooks Online is an excellent option for small or medium sized businesses with basic accounting needs. The payroll and accounts payable features are relatively easy to use. It's not as streamlined and easy to use as some of the newer software but is generally easy to use for most basic tasks.

For nonprofits, it could build out its functionality. It also is not the best for very complex organizations who need multiple dimensions such as project and region.
  • Easy to use whether accountant or non-accountant, except setup and adjustments.
  • Simple processes on banking (cash transaction match) and bank/account reconciliations.
  • Great dashboard where you can see an overview of financial performance at a high level simultaneously instead of running individual reports.
QuickBooks Online is a good fit for small/medium size businesses and nonprofits and self-employed, not for corporations due to complex payroll and taxes.
  • Invoicing
  • Reminder emails for outstanding invoices
  • Setting up pledges was simple
Very well suited for a small business especially one that has offices spread out or employees working remotely.
Cathy Denson profile photo
  • The online banking is very helpful with balancing my accounts. I like the merging of entries.
  • The categories help me budget and plan my income and expense workflow.
  • The merge of credit cards into our account is helpful in tracking.
  • Great for setting budgets and tracking.
  • Great for seeing the overall picture of your business at any point of time.
  • Great for comparing year to year and month to month.
Read Cathy Denson's full review

Pay calculation (38)
Benefit plan administration (15)
Direct deposit files (33)
Salary revision and increment management (22)
Reimbursement management (24)
API for custom integration (24)
Plug-ins (25)
Single sign-on capability (35)
9.2
Role-based user permissions (42)
Dashboards (54)
Bank reconciliation (60)
Expense management (52)
Time tracking (26)
6.4
Fixed asset management (23)
Multi-currency support (8)
Multi-division support (23)
Regulations compliance (16)
Electronic tax filing (25)
Self-service portal (24)
Global Financial Support (3)
Primary and Secondary Ledgers (7)
Intercompany Accounting (8)
Localizations (6)
Journals and Reconciliations (20)
Enterprise Accounting (7)
Configurable Accounting (9)
Centralized Rules Framework (4)
Standardized Processes (10)
Manufacturing module (7)
4.7
Pricing (24)
Order entry (24)
Credit card processing (25)
Cost of goods sold (27)
Order Orchestration (4)
End-to-end order visibility (5)
Order exception Resolution (4)

About QuickBooks Online

QuickBooks Online is a SaaS verison of the QuickBooks product. It contains all of the features found in the local version, features typical of similarly priced accounting software. The monthly fee for this service starts at $10 and climbs to $30 with the Plus version, which has the richest features. The base level allows for unlimited invoices and estimates, expense tracking, importing from Excel or Quickbooks desktop, data backup, mobile accessibility, and integration with many other applications. The Essentials pricing plan contain more automation, more bill and payment management, as well as inventory and time tracking, and the Plus package contains budgeting and analytic features.

QuickBooks Online Integrations