Sage Intacct Reviews

TrustRadius TRUE BadgeTrustRadius Top Rated for 2020

Shelton Horton | TrustRadius Reviewer

You will not be disappointed with Sage Intacct

We chose Sage for our accounting and reporting system mainly due to the ability of it to scale with our growth. We utilize it for accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and management reporting across all functions within the organization. It allows us to have constant information available to the team, as well as provides a great deal of flexibility as we continue to grow and shape our company from start-up to where we are now as a still quickly growing company. It also allows instant access for all users wherever we have an internet connection, which is critical for our teams in different locations and working remote.
  • The software is very intuitive and has allowed even inexperienced users of accounting software to be quickly trained and operating in the system quickly.
  • Sage provides flexibility as a cloud-based software for our entire team to operate efficiently in different locations.
  • Sage also has allowed the company much easier reporting at the subsidiary and parent level, which was an issue with our previous QuickBooks software.
  • The dashboard has been more challenging than expected and requires additional training, which we didn't anticipate when purchasing the software.
I have recommended Sage Intacct to a number of individuals that are looking for new accounting software. These companies are service-based companies, which is a great fit for the software. I believe manufacturing or inventory based companies would struggle in this software based on my use since it isn't geared for those types of companies.
The automation has been key to our growth, specifically in the accounts payable area. We have individuals at different locations entering and processing payroll. This has allowed us a great deal of efficiency, especially as compared to the manual process we were doing through our previous QuickBooks process that required a great deal of coordination. We also have individuals that are not experienced in accounting due to the nature of where we are as a start-up business and because the software is so intuitive we have been able to have these individuals up and running on the system efficiently with very little training.
Read Shelton Horton's full review
Priya Sadasivam | TrustRadius Reviewer
June 17, 2020

Intacct is Intact

My company ProKarma uses Intacct for all our employees, contractors and sub-contractors to log in and enter their time sheets. We have an accounts payable department which uses the system for accounting and financial purposes. I am however just a user for logging my work hours into my specific project/assignment.
  • I love the tabs. Its has my timesheets separate from company details and projects. The timesheets are easy for me to enter and submit. The login is straight forward, although I am just a timesheet user and not from the accounts payable team from my company.
  • I like that it has features where you can edit an added timesheet and re-submit, before the approval. Intacct also stores my previous timesheets right from the very beginning, from my date of joining until present.
  • I also like that we can customize the search options to get the results we want.
  • The help menu on the right hand side corner is also helpful, and I admit I did not need any assistance as it was simple, just clicked on it once to review what topics it had.
  • I wish it also showed my information on how much PTO balance I have remaining on my account. I have to get into ADP for this information. I have never tried the duplicate button to see what that means, I just need to explore what that tab actually does.
  • The hours in a day balance although shows 8 which is right, but since I am salaried, it would be useful if it showed me as salaried rather than saying hourly under the calculation method tab.
  • My focus is limited on Intacct. I only use it to log my worked hours, although its a very user-friendly website. Much better from the other systems out there.
I would ideally like Intacct to calculate balance hours for salaried employees when it comes to their PTO balance. I have access to the ADP website which does this, but when I use Intacct, I might as well, have that information all in one place.
Time keeping and expenses at ease. I sometimes feel its better than Concur.
They're pretty responsive and quick to get back to us.
I only use it for time sheets mainly and to keep track of the company expenses. I'm sure it has more capabilities which both my company and I'll need to explore soon.
There is always scope for improvement. But Intacct has come a long way from where it started.
Read Priya Sadasivam's full review
Angela Biermann | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 13, 2020

Sage Intacct versus the Nightmare Legacy System

I'm currently using Sage Intacct at our corporate office as our overall accounting solution. We are also building reports to be utilized for sales tracking.
Our company is wholly owned by a foreign entity and in the past, we used a archaic accounting solution that was over 15 years old and upon acquisition, manually transferred revenue information over to the system that the parent uses which too was an outdated system that was very difficult to navigate. Implementing Sage allows to utilize one cloud based solution.
  • Using Basecamp during implementation is a very strong attribute as several members of the Sage team assigned can address our issue.
  • It is easy to process transactions
  • The ability to create custom reports
  • The availability of a sandbox to test the system.
  • The way transactions post to the General Ledger balance sheet needs work. Simply stated, if an AP bill is posted over 3 departments, Sage posts to the balance sheet in 3 separate lines. If several A/P bills are paid using one check, Sage posts each invoice payment as a debit to cash instead of the total payment. Sage should be able to post the balance sheet in summation and not like a subsidiary ledger. If one wants to see the details of a payment, then we should be able to drill down to see what bills a payment covers. I don't want to have to jump through hoops to to see a simple transaction on the G/L when the subsidiary ledgers have the detailed information.
  • If a customer pays multiple invoices with one payment, Sage posts the receipt of cash (either in unapplied payments or Cash) by invoice and not by the total payment. This is also a problem.
  • When using a 3rd party customer payment solution, (one recommended by Sage) when processing a settlement at the end of the day, it posts from unapplied payments into cash by invoice line item and not by payment total. You have to click on the amount to see the total deposit. This is completely backwards. You can't look at the Cash G/L to see the actual deposit totals vs invoice payments. At the end of the day, once all of the receipts are posted, the settlement should be able to do one debit to Cash and one credit to Unapplied Payments. The payment processor stated that this is a Sage problem. When attempting to ask support or our implementation team for assistance, I was told that Sage doesn't do this. This is a basic accounting function. No amount of changing the report filters allowed me to view a single line deposit entry for the total.
  • The vanilla financial reports still could use some work. Simple reports don't total for YTD. For example, the R-12 P&L should have a YTD total column. This is throughout the reports that come with Sage. Also, a basic one month P&L should be included without having to go an create a custom report. Currently, if a detail or summary P&L is run, it automatically runs the previous 3 months from the "As of Date" and even then it doesn't have a total column.
I'm still learning the functionality and there are definitely some issues with regards to Balance Sheet postings. Yes, the details should be in the subsidiary ledgers as well as the Income Statement but the summary's should be able to be seen when viewing the BS accounts and if detail is needed, then there should be drill down.

However, I am thrilled to be using Sage as it is leaps and bounds better then our legacy system. I'm sure my rating will go up after I have used the solution more.
We have benefited from this automation compared to our legacy system. The ease of emailing invoices to our customers has been a tremendous time saver. By being able to implement a customer payment portal, it has put the control in our customer's hands eliminating risk for us as well as allowing us to receive payments promptly instead of mailing invoices.
Read Angela Biermann's full review
Vera Stoeva | TrustRadius Reviewer

Sage Intacct is the future

We are using Sage Intacct across the whole organization. The month-end close process is faster and bank reconciliations are timely. we have Integration with bill.com which streamlined our AP process and Expensify for for credit cards and employee reimbursements. We can produce a financial package with the click of a button.
  • Integrates with a CRM system
  • Streamline AP process
  • Great financial reporting
  • Integration with payroll
  • Full automation
  • Budgeting
  • More custom wizard for reporting
  • Prepaid accounts
  • Intercompany transactions. I wish once you pick intercompany you could create the offset entry in the other company.
Overall Sage Intacct is a great product. I would like improvement when it comes to prepaid expenses and also intercompany transactions.
We have automated AP by using Bill.com and Expensify. Everything gets exported to Intacct.
Read Vera Stoeva's full review
Alexander Cooper | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 10, 2020

Sage: time to brave the bigger fish?

A limited trial of Sage Intacctt was used as a potential sell to clients for accounting for medium-sized businesses. It is no longer in use. The business problems it addressed were for automating accounting services which were usually manual processes.
  • Sage Intacct increases productivity and ROI massively on businesses that currently have manual processes for accounting.
  • Excellent selection of tools to cover most medium-size businesses or smaller.
  • Suitable for experts and less experienced accountancy staff.
  • Sage is not really applicable to large companies, they often have bespoke systems that Sage cannot or are very difficult to interact with.
  • The cost of Sage is often greater than the ROI for very small businesses.
  • Newer offerings for accountancy tools have better features for specific tasks.
For medium-size businesses that rely on lots of manual processes and a large number of man hours, the ROI for implementing Sage for accountancy is excellent. In smaller and larger businesses, however, other alternatives are better.
The automation of these processes lead to a lot less human error, improved speed of processes, and allowed the staff to tend to other tasks which require human insight.
Read Alexander Cooper's full review
Jade Bohse | TrustRadius Reviewer

Sage Intacct Review

Sage Intacct is being used for everyday transactions, receivables, payables, purchasing orders, and other necessary features. It has simplified and streamlined our Purchasing Requisition process by allowing everyone that requires access to be able to do it without always having to worry about the paper behind it making it to the appropriate department.
  • Accessibility
  • Ease
  • Convenience
  • Poor Communication between Modules
  • Limited Work arounds for normal issues
  • Very Precise, no real good secondary options
Sage Intacct is very well suited for Credit Card Transaction-based companies. Rather than importing full files that don't allow the accounting team to see the specificity of each transaction, this allows us to see it all. The system is also very well suited for ease of access to be able to all see invoices and receipts that would have otherwise been locked in one individual employees drawers.
With most of these features, our company has been much better off than with the previous system. It has allowed some of our staff to take on other roles that they were needed in more, rather than always trying to go back to perfect all the financial processes. The Payables process has made it easier for our CEO to approve checks rather than having to wet sign them all.
Read Jade Bohse's full review
Craig Simpson | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 08, 2020

In the eyes of a former auditor

We are using Sage Intacct as our main accounting system. It’s being used by the entire organization. During this time of social distancing, it has allowed up to continue to work remotely since it’s all in the cloud. In the near future we are looking to further integrate Intacct with our proprietary real estate inventory system.
  • It’s scalable for any size of organization.
  • It’s a true account system built on accounting principles, with built-in internal controls.
  • Cutting edge technology and innovation
  • Improvement in the cash management systems
  • Improvement in the credit card and expense reimbursement
  • Budgeting and reporting
I have over 20 years' experience in auditing and accounting and I haven’t worked with another accounting system as well built as Sage Intacct.
We aren’t currently fully utilizing automation but it’s on the agenda for 2020.
Read Craig Simpson's full review
David Peterson | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 05, 2020

In Intacct

Intacct was being used as our primary accounting software program within our Accounting and Finance department. It wasn't used by any other departments within the organization. The main use, or at least most important, was the implementation of Zuora into Intacct to create a better billing system for our customers.
  • High amount of customization
  • Great menus and easy navigation
  • Ease of adding new accounts and adjusting securities
  • Fully cloud based system
  • Being the product was fairly new at the time, implementation of other software to work with Intacct wasn't as streamlined
  • Sometimes the program felt slightly "laggy" or slow
  • Customization can take sometime to work properly, but once functions it's great.
I believe a big selling point for Intacct over other accounting software programs is that it has a more "hands on" approach to the system. It can eliminate some of the automation, which as an accountant can be scary sometimes as transactions will automatically post and leave you asking, "Umm... where exactly did that go?" or "Why did the system do that?" Overall, it is a great system and I would highly recommend it.
Read David Peterson's full review
Konstantin Lomidze, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 02, 2020

Sage Intacct is perfect for non-profits

We use Sage Intacct as our ERP across the organization. It is used as GL, AP, AR, as well as for time sheets, budgeting, employee onboarding/off-boarding, performance evaluations, ticketing, etc. We are heavy users of their dashboard technology across the organization and enjoy multiple dimensions to slice and dice data as needed.
  • Dashboards are very user-friendly and robust. I use at least half a dozen dashboards for various business needs.
  • Platform Services are very powerful for automation and additional custom system building.
  • Dimensions allow us to slice and dice data as needed.
  • Powerful API allows easy integration with third-party systems.
  • Cell phone app does not exist.
  • Additional modules (i.e. budgeting, interactive reporting) cost extra.
Sage Intacct is great as an accouting system and provides insights into business operations with ability to store statistical non-financial data and display in dashboards and reports. New interactive report writer is very powerful and will make excel report manipulation obsolete. We use Intacct well in most of our foreign subsidiaries and it works well with multi-currency.
Yes, we have. We automated billing to customers along with third party processor application to allow swift and easy revenue collection. AP is automated to generate ACH upload file for our bank integration. GL accounts are automated through various smart rules and smart events to save time. Credit card transactions for 200+ credit cards are loaded automatically to expense reports using API to allow easy reconciliation.
It is an excellent system, meeting all our needs. Users love it and we use it for all kinds of non-financial tasks.
Read Konstantin Lomidze, CPA's full review
Pam Bakker | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 14, 2020

Sage Intacct- What a great system

We are a restaurant management company with multiple entities. We use Sage Intacct to produce profit and loss statements and balance sheets for all of our restaurants and real estate companies. It has drastically reduced the time to produce our monthly/quarterly/yearly consolidated financials from a few days to a few hours.
  • Easy to use and navigate
  • Love the help feature
  • Reports can be scheduled
  • Can set up custom reports
  • It would be great to see more options for the out-of-the-box reports
  • It would be great to have the new custom reporter writer to use
Consolidation of data is great. It allows the end user to create different reporting groups so you can get the data the way you want to see it. Yes, it does take some work to set up these reporting groups, but once they are set up, they are easy to configure if changes are necessary.
Read Pam Bakker's full review
Soni James | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 11, 2020

Sage Intacct: Fully customizable, expandable, and multi-dimensional financial software with third-party integration capability

Sage Intacct was implemented at my company a year ago and it is used primarily as the main accounting and financial system of Contour Aviation. Our pain points at Contour were primarily lack of presentation and availability of financial data to be able to make better decisions, and Sage Intacct has addressed that in an efficient way.
  • Sage Intacct handles reporting seamlessly and it can be customized to management needs.
  • Sage's ability to create workflows and approval processes
  • Sage's ability to upload ACH files directly to the bank
  • Sage Intacct's Dashboard module makes it easy to look at the financial health of the company.
  • Sage's partnerships with third-party vendors that seamlessly connect to Sage Intacct.
  • Missing ability to sort bill payments by date, vendor, etc.
  • Missing ability to delete some transactions
  • I would like to see a mobile app to approve payments and journal entries.
  • Missing ability to add several vendors to customized reports, only able to pick one vendor or vendor type to run a report
Sage Intacct has been great for our management and reporting needs. The use of dimensions makes it possible for us to see data in different ways. Users have been frustrated with Sage when they are not able to delete certain types of transactions, or when payments cannot be unapplied easily.
The automation of payments via ACH has been of great help to the Accounts Payable team. The recurring general ledger entries have also been very helpful in not having to worry about finding them and duplicating them manually. The import function to upload CSV files has also been of great help with the accounting department.
Read Soni James's full review
Phillip Emmerich, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 02, 2020

Sage Intacct for non-manufacturing business associations

We use it as our ERP to track the revenue and expenses for 20 different departments across the whole organization. It allows users to get their reports in real-time and approve invoices electronically, thus saving the company a lot of paper. It is also used to bill our members and pay vendors all within one system.
  • Handles the storage of electronic documents.
  • Ease of duplicating and correcting JEs.
  • Can handle multiple users in the system at the same time.
  • Reporting: it needs the ability to maintain one report and restrict users to only see specific department information instead of maintaining 20 different reports.
  • Workflows: maintaining different workflows for various processes involving the routing of invoice approvals is very time-consuming.
  • Building custom reports is difficult and not very intuitive.
  • Importing: having to change file formats to CSV is time consuming and prone to errors since CSV doesn't like leading zeroes.
Sage Intacct is well equipped for small to mid-size companies. It is great for having non-financial users in the system with the ability to restrict permissions with ease. It can handle paperless invoice approvals and payment approvals for vendors. The menus are relatively intuitive and once you get the hang of how they interact with each other you are able to problem-solve with ease.
On the accounts payable side, we have been able to make great leaps from a paper filled environment to a paperless one. Capturing the approvals in the system has led to less audit time. As well, having all the documents stored within the system has led to increased visibility for the auditors. Duplicating and correcting JEs is very smooth and easy.
Read Phillip Emmerich, CPA's full review
Linda Gray | TrustRadius Reviewer
May 02, 2020

Tremendous Value

Sage Intacct is being used across our entire organization. This easily allows consolidated financials as well as individual entity reporting. Consolidated reporting is the single biggest business problem Sage Intacct solved for us. Our previous software did not have a good consolidation solution so we had to depend on excel which created a whole set of issues with accuracy and expediency. Now we are able to instantly produce consolidated reports across our organization.
  • User friendly, easy to train new users, intuitive, and time saving in daily processes.
  • Dimensions reporting is a game-changer, allowing much greater flexibility in reporting.
  • Continuously improving product.
  • Purchase Orders system is not as flexible as the other systems.
  • Customer service is difficult. It's all email based, at least 24 hours between responses.
Sage Intacct has changed the way we report, saved countless man-hours in report preparation, and greatly increased confidence in data integrity. The reporting flexibility due to the dimension-based system has really opened up the data we can track. The ability to easily move between consolidated reports and entity-level reports without having to change modules is a real time saver.
We are non-profit and don't use accounts receivable or order management. We have benefitted from the automation of recurring and memorized journal entries, 3rd party system integrations through a journal entry, and prepaid expense month-end recording. These automatons have saved countless accounting hours, which has allowed us to take on additional business units without increasing our accounting personnel.
New users can be onboarded very quickly with this system. Very user-friendly and intuitive.
Read Linda Gray's full review
Jimmi Phillips | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 29, 2020

So glad we decided on Sage Intacct!

Use it in all aspects of our business for finance and accounting for our internal and external audits, along with reporting to our board members. We also use it for our digital record keeping purposes.
  • Reporting.
  • Intercompany transfers by creating JEs between companies.
  • AP Billing process for approvals.
  • Fixed Asset module.
  • Reporting.
  • Credit card management module is horrible.
Large number of reports available for use. At the same time, there isn't a good way to learn how to use those reports. It is just by trial and error which can be difficult and time-consuming at times. I would like to be able to pay a set fee to have someone at Sage to create reports for us. We would be willing to pay for that!
I can't put into words the benefits of having integrated modules that work together. Before Sage Intacct, we were hand-doing a lot or creating Excels, tons of Excels, to keep up with all the work. The fact that the modules work together saves us a lot of time and work.
Read Jimmi Phillips's full review
Nancy Finney | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 29, 2020

Have multiple companies? There's no better choice than Sage Intacct

We have 25+ companies and use it across the board. As we have a number of consolidation groups, the software solved a number of problems for us, including easy download capability, robust consolidation across companies and flexible report generation. Additionally, the ability to purchase bolt-on specialty software enhanced our usage.
  • Easy budget upload from Excel/other worksheets.
  • VERY easy consolidation across companies.
  • Robust report writing capability.
  • If you request an Excel download, why do you have to then, once again, hit "download report"? Unnecessary keystroke.

When you have multiple companies, want easy access without logging in and out, and need to run reporting across various companies, Intacct is the only way to go. It's nice to have this ability without paying the price of an Oracle or SAP level software.

I think the software might be overkill for a small shop that doesn't require such robust features.

Intacct operates as expected for a software this robust. Having to handle manual close would not work. No worries, here.
Read Nancy Finney's full review
Claudia Sardo | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 17, 2020

Sage Intacct Review

We use Sage Intacct across the whole organization. Five Divisions that roll up to one Corporate level, no multi-currencies. We have the ability to automate inter-company transactions, workflow approval process, & audit controls.
  • Setup / Configurations menus are easy to follow
  • AP Bill/Payment process easy
  • There is a huge disconnect with their engineering department when customizing features for our company.
  • Documentation doesn't exactly answer our questions when trying to solve an issue.
  • There is a disconnect when documentation doesn't have an answer submitting a support ticket and finding the correct person to help you solve the issue. They seem to turn over to the engineering team who doesn't give a solution but more documentation.
  • We still have 3 major issues and can't get them resolved.
Sage Intacct is well suited for annual audit reviews, running reports for inquiries, and the audit trail is easy to track.

Not suited having to ask to turn certain features on that you be apart of the standard accounting without additional charges. Not suited when going through a discovery phase to add customization communication seems to fail at implementation.
Read Claudia Sardo's full review
Carol Weinstein | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 14, 2020

21st-Century Accounting Software

Sage Intacct is our Accounting/Financial software. The accounting department is the primary user, however, we have deployed dashboards to all of the company's General Managers. Through the dashboards, I can deploy more immediate financial information allowing for faster decision-making.
  • Importation of data allows you to enter precisely what you want. By saving templated information you don't have to re-invent a similar journal entry time after time.
  • Dimensions allow for deeper analysis of customers and products.
  • In-time changes allows you to see immediately the effect of entries.
  • Duplicating screens allows you to easily move between various actions. For example, having my Financial Statement library up on one screen, seeing a P&L on a second screen, and being able to make a correcting journal entry on a third screen.
  • Being able to delete a funds transfer entry on the fly instead of reversing
Sage Intacct is well suited to companies that want more in-depth analysis of their transactions. Not so well suited for a company that is less interested in business intelligence or is so small that the software would be overwhelming.
We are only at the beginning of tapping Intacct's automated process. Can't speak to this yet.
Read Carol Weinstein's full review
Sarah Yeargin | TrustRadius Reviewer
April 07, 2020

One of my favorite platforms!

We use Sage Intacct in our customer success, billing and finance departments. Salesforce does not always provide the most accurate information when it comes to billing. Intacct allows us to see invoice history, payment duration, future invoices and stored accounts.
  • Breaks down the total amount by line item - very descriptive.
  • Provides a link for you to easily see the total amount being billed so that you're not having to add/subtract each line item.
  • Shows payment history immediately when you search by the customer number.
  • I wish there were a way to see their future invoices from the accounts receivable tab vs. having to search by recurring transactions.
  • It would be helpful if the search boxes appeared at the top, even when you are in an existing account. This way I could search for my next account without having to go back through the steps.
With other shared platforms across the company, it can be confusing when trying to factor in credits, discounts, add-ons, etc. Intacct is accurate and will always give a detailed, itemized list of charges and credits. I wish everyone had access to this amazing tool because I think it would solve a lot of confusion between departments.
Being a user, I don't deal directly with reporting and automation but I would think we have this automation in place as there are statements that are automatically sent out to our offices each month.
Read Sarah Yeargin's full review
Chris Weber | TrustRadius Reviewer
March 17, 2020

Overall a great ERP platform. Proper set up and roll out is key to success.

I think the cloud has been amazing for ERP software and Sage Intacct delivers on most fronts. The standard package items like reporting, trial balance, treasury, AR, & AP are very robust though could continue to do better on ease of use when it comes to non-standard issues and problems. We find we have to do more tickets than I would expect still after two years when we hit non-standard issues and problems. I have a lot of involvement on the back end admin of Intacct as well and once you get over the learning curve, it shows a lot of customization and functionality. My only gripe is we were sold on ASC 606 functionality over NetSuite only to find out it can't fully deliver since we have a semi-complex rev rec structure, but then again, there are not any other options out there that can for us right now and Sage has been receptive to our suggestions. Overall, it is a great solid ERP platform once properly configured for your company, but beware that the configuration can take more time and attention than you may be led to believe. The 3rd party integrations are also plentiful for HRMS, expense, budgeting, etc.
  • AR & AP
  • Trial balance
  • Reporting
  • Treasury
  • User interface is still a bit hard to teach to new hires.
  • Rev rec not built for high volume low dollar app store sales.
When you are ready to adopt a new ERP that will scale with you, Sage is a great option and they continue to add new features that keep it current with evolving technology.
We had this already as this is standard to a good system, Sage Intacct meets all expectations on this front.
Read Chris Weber's full review
Sally Cook | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 10, 2020

Overall a good robust product.

Currently, Sage Intacct is being used by our entire organization (non-profit). While I am in the Business Support Services department (accounting), all our departments utilize it. We do need to change over to the Non-Profit version in order to better utilize the product.
  • User friendly
  • Good reporting
  • Good training opportunities
  • Save updates that wind up making major changes to the beginning of the calendar year...or wait until less impact on high usage times.
Really good with setting up multiple departments and keeping track of activity at that level as well as for the organization as a whole.
Makes for easy access to documentation for our auditor.
Read Sally Cook's full review
Mohammad Hourani, MBA, CMA, CIA, CertIFR | TrustRadius Reviewer
July 07, 2020

Why Intacct!

We are using Intacct for all over the organization. The limitation we are facing is reporting in different currencies especially since we have offices in around 30 countries.
  • Flexibility in designing reports.
  • Retrieve data based on different dimensions.
  • Build custom reports.
  • Ability to manage users when we have sub-locations.
  • Run financial reports in different currencies.
  • More flexibility in designing the trial balance.
Intacct is well suited for attaching documents, creating custom reports. It is less suited when it comes time to run financial reports in different currencies and run workflows between different entities.
We are using general ledger and accounts payable at the moment. We have flexibility in this area as we can add a custom report and retrieve reports accordingly.
Read Mohammad Hourani, MBA, CMA, CIA, CertIFR's full review
Kendra Zondervan | TrustRadius Reviewer
February 14, 2020

Great Product for larger Church organizations or Non-Profits

We are currently using Sage Intacct strictly within our financial department. We do not have other support staff interact with Sage and instead choose to utilize Nexonia for expense management, accounts payable and purchase orders which then import directly to the GL, AP and PO modules. Sage Intacct allows us to manage our organization properly for accounting purposes as well as prepare financial statements and reporting. However, the lay user experience is not ideal nor does it have an expense management module which is crucial for our organization. The pricing is also an issue for a smaller organization in regard to adding many business and employee users.
  • Dashboards
  • Multi-Dimensional Set Up
  • Reporting Features and Custom Report Writer
  • Ability to email and schedule all reports allowing for less manual involvement and more automation
  • Smart Rules and Events- Back end coding for rules - the average user is not proficient enough to do this
  • Budgeting- We are using Martus as the integration with Sage Intacct is phenomenal and from our experience Martus is a more user friendly platform for the average user
  • Expense Management Development (Currently Using Nexonia so users can connect direct credit card feeds for expense itemization)
For nonprofits and churches doing internal accounting, it's a great fit, however, those that outsource would find it difficult to justify pricing investment if they are not directly engaging with the software.
Read Kendra Zondervan's full review
Chris Bramble | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 29, 2020

A Step into Modern Accounting

We are using Sage Intacct for the central offices and certain agencies of the Archdiocese. It has allowed us to have a centralized platform where we can transact and report on a timely basis. It has done a great job of increasing our transparency and accountability through use of dashboards and reports available to non-accounting users.
  • Enables non-accounting users by allowing them to enter expenses directly into the system, and subsequently report on their respective departments
  • Workflows
  • Editing transactions is very limited, based on a variety of factors.
We have not really found areas in which Sage Intacct does not meet our needs.
Automation has reduced errors, increased efficiency, and made the whole process more streamlined.
Read Chris Bramble's full review
Marrisa Cervantes | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 28, 2020

Sage Intacct... Amazing!

Intacct is currently being used by our Accounting Department and those in the other departments that will need to access the data that we are providing to them. It addresses any issues of department budgets and enables our ministries to be able to see their budget in real time. We have a designated person in every department that is able to access this information.
  • User friendly
  • Awesome customer service
  • When applying credit card transactions in the Charge payoff module, it would be great to be able to sort by date and be able to see the amounts selected without scrolling all the way to the bottom.
I feel it is really well suited for our Finance department. It is used by our Finance Director, Data & Analytics Manager, Accounting Manager, and all Accounting Associates in our department. We all use it in different ways and it works really well. I don't really feel that it is less appropriate at this time.
We have automated our recurring giving in the AP module. I look forward to learning and trying things out from the classes that I took at the recent conference in Las Vegas. I also have signed up for the community and plan to learn how Intacct can better my AP processes.
Read Marrisa Cervantes's full review
Aaron Odle, CPA | TrustRadius Reviewer
January 20, 2020

Intacct keeps our systems intact.

We are partners that implement the software platform, and then deliver ongoing accounting services using that platform. We get a robust cloud-based accounting product for all of our clients. We specifically get better communication of underlying data and trends in our client's business through dashboards and automated reporting sent directly to client's email.
  • Dashboards
  • Multi-entity accounting and consolidations
  • Multi-currency revaluations
  • Assisting in the allocation of credit card transactions
Sage Intacct is best suited for companies that have outgrown their QBO world. When transactions become too complex, Intacct can add more dimensions to organize the data. If the volume of transactions gets too large, many smaller software systems freeze up and take too long to process the data. Intacct has been good about maintaining efficiency even with large volumes.
This is the biggest improvement over prior accounting packages that our firm used. We now use the subledgers the way they are supposed to be used. Journal entries is not a good workflow! Now we have restricted the posting of journal entries to A/P and A/R subledgers via smart rules which allows us to always have a reconciliation of those subledgers.
Read Aaron Odle, CPA's full review

Pay calculation (5)
Benefit plan administration (5)
6.4
Direct deposit files (4)
Salary revision and increment management (4)
Reimbursement management (63)
API for custom integration (255)
Plug-ins (198)
Single sign-on capability (308)
Role-based user permissions (394)
Dashboards (386)
Cash management (398)
Bank reconciliation (391)
Expense management (256)
Time tracking (111)
Fixed asset management (150)
6.7
Multi-currency support (129)
Multi-division support (246)
Regulations compliance (114)
Electronic tax filing (61)
Self-service portal (153)
Global Financial Support (58)
Intercompany Accounting (214)
Journals and Reconciliations (316)
Enterprise Accounting (102)
Configurable Accounting (178)
Centralized Rules Framework (116)
Standardized Processes (197)
Manufacturing module (5)
5.2
Pricing (100)
Order entry (169)
Credit card processing (103)
Cost of goods sold (14)
6.3
End-to-end order visibility (54)

About Sage Intacct

Sage Intacct is a cloud ERP system targeted at high-growth small and medium-sized businesses – from startups to public companies. According to the vendor, the Sage Intacct ERP system includes applications for core financials and accounting, purchasing, order management, and financial reporting and business intelligence. Optional applications include FAS-52 compliant multi-currency support, real-time financial consolidation and multi-entity support, sales tax management, inventory management, revenue management, project accounting and pre-packaged integration with Salesforce CRM.

Sage Intacct’s cloud delivery model allows for anytime access from a web browser. With no software or hardware to buy, install, maintain, or upgrade, Sage Intacct eliminates many of the costs and risks associated with traditional on-premises financial software.Sage Intacct applications can also be configured without programming and are designed to work with other key business applications.

Sage Intacct Features

Has featureCentralized Rules Framework
Has featureStandardized Processes
Inventory Management Features
Has featureInventory tracking
Does not have featureAutomatic reordering
Has featureLocation management
Does not have featureManufacturing module
Order Management Features
Has featurePricing
Has featureOrder entry
Has featureCredit card processing
Does not have featureCost of goods sold
Does not have featureOrder Orchestration
Has featureEnd-to-end order visibility
Does not have featureOrder exception Resolution
Payroll Management Features
Does not have featurePay calculation
Does not have featureBenefit plan administration
Does not have featureDirect deposit files
Does not have featureSalary revision and increment management
Has featureReimbursement management
Reporting & Analytics Features
Has featureDashboards
Has featureStandard reports
Has featureCustom reports
Customization Features
Has featureAPI for custom integration
Has featurePlug-ins
Has featureUser-level audit trail
Has featureSubscription billing
Has featureRevenue recognition
Has featureCollaboration/Social
Has featureMultiple chart of accounts
Has featureMultiple reporting books
Has featureMulti-dimensional reporting
Has featureGraphs/Charts/Performance cards
Has featureReport visualizations (conditional highlighting, color grading, trendlines, etc.)

Sage Intacct Screenshots

Sage Intacct Videos (5)

Watch Sage Intacct Product Tour for Software Companies

Sage Intacct Downloadables

Sage Intacct Integrations

Salesforce.com, Bill.com, Xactly Incent, KeyedIn Projects, AvidXchange, Zuora, Expensify, MineralTree, Quick Base, FloQast, Planful (formerly Host Analytics), Nexonia, by Emburse, Adaptive Insights, a Workday company, QStock Inventory, EmployeeMax, FastPath, Nexonia, PayPal, Ameriflex

Sage Intacct Competitors

NetSuite, FinancialForce Accounting, Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Dynamics SL, Acumatica, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise, Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (formerly Dynamics AX), Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (formerly Dynamics NAV), MIP Fund Accounting (formerly Abila MIP)

• Entry-level set up fee?Required