Sage Intacct Reviews

TrustRadius TRUE BadgeTrustRadius Top Rated for 2020

December 02, 2020
Saundra Bedford | TrustRadius Reviewer
Sage Intacct is used only in our fiscal department for the purposes of billing, A/P, financial statements, and more. We do not use it for payroll or timekeeping, however. Our organization had a large embezzlement occur 3 years ago due to the outdated program in use at the time. Now, with the audit trail and internal control features we can implement, our record-keeping is easily monitored and extremely accurate.
  • Audit trail: Need to know who changed an entry or deleted a transaction? Hiding fraudulent activities is now very difficult to do!
  • Reports: Create the exact report you need and save it for future use.
  • User permissions and roles: Ensure segregation of duties by assigning features and abilities to specific users and/or roles.
  • Expensive.
  • Extra costs for core features: Budgets, revenue management, etc. costs extra money, and all internal upgrades should be included in the high annual costs of the program
  • Confusing dimension applications: Attempting to create reports and use dimensions based on location or location groups, etc. is daunting and not an easy task.
Sage Intacct is well suited for nonprofit industries but only if you have a superb implementation team. Setup of inter-entity dimensions, etc. can be challenging for an implementation team not accustomed to the formatting required. I would assume a small, one-person business entity would not be the best candidate for this program. Sage Intacct is very robust and it is reflected in their pricing. Several more appropriate accounting software programs would be better suited to a self-employed person with few to no assets and/or employees.
The ease of use as a seasoned user is wonderful; however, new users struggle to adapt to the program efficiently. Better training videos--all in one location--would be beneficial. The use of a "sandbox" environment is a great tool for new employees or for the fiscal department to test certain journal entries or other transactions to verify accuracy of data.
Support via the portal is good, if not in a time crunch. I like how they can find and fix the problem without input other than what is noted on the support request page. However, if assistance is needed immediately, it can be challenging to find assistance via phone call. Often users use a third-party implementation team and continue with their assistance for years. Having a one-on-one relationship with support personnel is vital to customer satisfaction.
Read Saundra Bedford's full review
Jake Whitworth | TrustRadius Reviewer
Sage Intacct is used by everyone involved in Finance - our Finance department uses it to create and generate invoices, while our billing department uses it for customer support and accounts receivable. I am in the billing department, and I pull up a customer's Intacct account every time I speak with a customer.
  • Intacct is very responsive - I have never had to wait longer than a few seconds for any sort of request on this software. This is helpful when I have a customer on the phone that I am helping. Intacct values my time and my customer's time.
  • It is very easy to automate the process of generating invoices - the main reason we use Intacct. Not once have I been stuck or confused on how to get a customer into a routine billing cycle.
  • The invoices that are generated from Intacct look clean and they are very customizable.
  • The processing side of Intacct that we use to process payments manually is very slow. If ever I want to process a payment myself, it will take me 3 to 4 minutes.
We handle a lot of customers, all of whom need their own customized invoice. Intacct has performed wonderfully with all of our clients. It is able to handle a big workload with little to no issues. The finance department loves Intacct for its versatility and I love it for its ease of use.
It is very easy to understand and one can adjust to the different features very quickly. The combination of wide versatility while still maintaining an easy to use interface is very helpful on our end. We spend very little time training new employees on the ins and outs of Sage Intacct because it is so easy to get [the] hang of.
Only a few times have we had to reach out to support, and every time we did, we received a relatively quick response and a solution was found fairly quickly. Only once was there an issue that took longer than a week to resolve, but it still did eventually get solved.
The accounts receivable end has become almost completely automated, we have all of our customers on automatic payments, Intacct automatically processes the payment, automatically generates the invoices, and automatically sends out invoices to the customers once it is processed. This has saved our Finance and Billing departments a lot of time that we would not have been able to afford to spend otherwise.
Read Jake Whitworth's full review
November 06, 2020
Tiffany Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
Sage Intacct is only being used by our finance department for bookkeeping and reporting. We have an integration for AP automation as well. Other staff have view-only access to see information relative to their job duties and decision making responsibilities. The accountant is most involved with the bookkeeping, AP, and reporting/dashboard creation. The CFO is most involved with reviewing the dashboard and reporting information to keep up with our financial position and to give reports/updates to the rest of the organization.
  • Dimensions.
  • General ledger reporting flexibility.
  • Dashboards.
  • Customizable financial reporting.
  • Bank reconciliation - I do not like the forced "matching" layout. I prefer the old layout where I can manually check off items and see real-time adjustments without needing to hit "match".
  • Bill changes - I want to be able to edit more fields for bills in an open period-paid or unpaid-without being forced to do a full reversal or making an additional reclassifying entry to correct a data entry mistake.
  • Vendor ACH information - I want to be able to send an [encrypted] email to a vendor to allow them to input their own bank information into the system that I do not have to see or handle in order to pay via ACH.
Sage Intacct is well suited for being able to track more information without having to code 100 lines to 100 different general ledger accounts. Being able to capture that same information in 25 lines with 25 different general ledger accounts makes being able to get a better understanding of your financial information easier and less time-consuming.
By and large Sage Intacct is user friendly for a trained accounting professional. I wish there was more customization or choice for certain processes (such as bank reconciliations), so that I can handle tasks in a manner that is more fitting for how I wish to perform a task and review for accuracy.
I do not have support directly through Sage Intacct, but rather through a product reseller. At this point, I wish we had made our purchase a different way because it's not as easy to get assistance or make changes to our software and it's applications without being charged for "time" to reach out and discuss matters with our reseller.
General ledger automation is a huge time-saver, which will only provide more and more benefits as our company grows, and separate departments for accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, etc. come into existence. Role based component access is also great for internal controls when dealing with company finances and striving to minimize any opportunities for fraudulent activity.
Read Tiffany Smith's full review
October 30, 2020
Nancy Miller | TrustRadius Reviewer
Sage Intacct is being used by the Office of Accounting Services as well as Department Heads throughout the organization. It enables us to have a more streamlined approval process for payments as well as a more streamlined budgeting process led by the department heads.
  • User roles enable approvals with an electronic audit trail.
  • Paperless solution means a more efficient workflow from anywhere.
  • The robust nature of the product makes it intimidating to non-accounting users.
  • Deciphering the error reports I get and how to fix the errors is frustrating. Usually, they are import errors, but they are difficult to troubleshoot.
Sage Intacct is well-suited for a large organization with multiple departments managing purchasing for their individual departments. For a smaller organization, it may be too cumbersome to be an effective tool.
I've had difficulty pulling custom reports that others have created. I'm not able to create my own custom reports, but it's frustrating that I can't run others' memorized reports.
I find the online support is helpful.
We have managed to become more efficient on both the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable side. We are paying more bills via ACH and receiving more electronic payments from the locations we serve.
Read Nancy Miller's full review
October 27, 2020
Angie Phillips | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using Sage Intacct as our primary financial tracking and reporting system. It is integrated with an industry specific ERP system to process invoices and track inventory. Although Sage Intacct has it's own inventory that would work for other needs it won't for ours. Sage Intacct's multi-entities and easy consolidations is a great benefit for anyone needing that functionality. One of the easiest accounting systems to learn and teach. It also has many business partners to integrate other automations with.
  • Multi-Entities- no need to have multiple financial statements in Excel you can do it right in Sage Intacct.
  • Reporting and dashboards-custom reports are easy to create.
  • Customer support-quick response from a knowledgeable individual.
  • Not a 3rd party AP Automation-OCR AP Bills-approval limit matrix.
  • More ability to automate account statement and invoice follow-up.
Sage Intacct is very easy to use. Love the import function to easily import invoices, bills, journal entries and update data.
Sage Intacct is very easy to use or to find a way to streamline and/or automate daily accounting functions.
Customer support is a must. We paid extra in the past so we could call in and not have to wait for a message. Usually you hear back within a few hours and can resolve the issue.
We are currently looking into some other automations. Right now we use Expensify and it uploads beautifully. We also use Limelight but I was not involved.
Read Angie Phillips's full review
October 27, 2020
Dina Attyeh | TrustRadius Reviewer
Sage Intacct is being used mainly by our accounting department, and a little by our operations department. We recently made the switch after quickly outgrowing QuickBooks and needing more reporting functionalities. It has made the financial close process quick and seamless, and investor reporting much more detailed and concise. We can also track customers and AR much more simply.
  • Reporting
  • Customer tracking
  • Home page is lacking
  • Some redundant steps to get to the same things
Reporting is definitely a strong suit with Sage Intacct. We can easily create reports that are not already created for us, and we can easily manipulate those reports to give us the exact data we need in any situation. We can also create recurring reports that we pull on a monthly/quarterly basis for financial closes and investor reporting
The projects field has been really beneficial. We have been able to tag other components to the property field so that we have automatic connections between projects and other fields that we run reports on. This automation has made reporting extremely simple. This automation has also made custom reporting really simple
Read Dina Attyeh's full review
October 13, 2020
Jason Guinn | TrustRadius Reviewer
Sage Intacct is our single source of the truth for enterprise-wide finance and accounting data. Four profit centers and seven cost centers spread across four entities with operations in two states are supported by Sage Intacct. We use Sage Intacct for accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial reporting, general ledger activities, tax tracking, and all ancillary finance and accounting functions.
  • Sage Intacct tremendously simplifies our chart of accounts by allowing us to use multiple dimensions to accurately track and report on expenses and sales. We now have a universal set of simple GL accounts, consistent across all entities and departments.
  • Sage Intacct allows us to extract and report upon detailed financial information very quickly. We are able to support operations more effectively by significantly reducing the amount of time required to get answers around financial information.
  • Sage Intacct eliminates IT-related issues and delays. Software updates are reliably scheduled and rolled out to the entire Intacct user base simultaneously. We spend zero time or money maintaining servers, applying updates, etc...
  • I would like to see published pricing for add-on modules without having to engage an account executive. This would allow us to determine if a particular module we are considering is priced in a way that makes sense for the value we hope to gain from deployment very quickly.
  • Sage Intacct has tons of flexibility supporting customizations like smart rules. An object-oriented, visual smart rule builder would be a great enhancement.
Medium to large organizations will thrive well with Sage Intacct. An organizational commitment to modernizing accounting must be made in order to leverage all the benefits that Sage Intacct has to offer. Users should be open to learning new, better ways to perform accounting functions and take advantage of Sage Intacct's dimensional structure.
User interface is quite intuitive. As long as initial configuration is done properly, things seem to work without disruption or quirky errors. User manual (help) pages are relevant and intuitive. The user community is also an excellent resource to gain information about advanced use cases and many of the new features that are released with product updates.
Technical support is responsive and accessible. We have engaged support by both phone and e-mail. Responses are timely and thorough, and it is relatively simple to get a correct answer to any issue from the first engagement. We do not find that technical support resources are needed with a high frequency, but are certainly satisfied with outcomes on the few occasions where we have had to reach out for support.
Inter-entity transfers are handled automatically. Recurring accounts payable bills have significantly reduced the time our AP clerk spends processing monthly recurring bills. Integration with and automation surrounding payment for expense reports has trimmed dozens of hours per month off of our processes. Payroll journal entries are now automatically brought into Sage Intacct using its API instead of manually entering the data.
Read Jason Guinn's full review
December 16, 2020
Amanda Moya | TrustRadius Reviewer
Intacct is the main tool we are using to survive the myriad of mergers, acquisitions, and integrations we are facing. It has been the easiest SaaS product to date for integration. It's easy to learn - and will eventually be used for the entirety of the organization. There simply are not enough words to begin listing the issues it's (hopefully) addressing.
  • Search function is reliable.
  • Intuitive UI.
  • UI allows for mild customization.
  • The export process for xls, invoices, AR reports is somewhat counterintuitive.
  • It'd be nice if there was a route to parse tax from sum total.
  • Running reports is awkward, but I am sure that's a user error.
Intacct is well suited for mass mergers/integrations (Salesforce, not so much). Each new addition can be parsed with a unique color to help me identify the product. It is not the best route for notation - as we do not have it set up to push to the Salesforce cases. Hard to prove to my manager I've been working - when she keeps calling me a lazy liar.
I really hope my company is using these features. I am willing to bet they are not. Seems too logical if you ask me. I can say, I can easily find all of the listed items in the question. Definitely a good thing. I would love to see some guides on building an automation - in a sandbox of some type.
Read Amanda Moya's full review
December 15, 2020
Jessica Horton | TrustRadius Reviewer
It is a great platform. Extremely user friendly and integrates well with other platforms we use.
  • Alerts when duplicates are trying to be entered.
  • Can break down levels.
  • Chat feature for different vendors is sooo helpful.
  • Ease of creating reports.
  • Back function doesn't always take you back to the previous screen.
We are easily able to walk co workers through the entering process.
We have benefited from this as company as it has reduced the number of emails that go back and forth.
Read Jessica Horton's full review
December 15, 2020
dorothy gordon | TrustRadius Reviewer
Intacct is used for Accounting purpose, used in the accounting department only.
  • Great reporting system.
  • User friendly.
  • Great support team.
  • Much easier to navigate when the modules are listed on the top of the screen not just a dropdown.
  • The ability when posted payment in AR by wire, the ability to list the tracking number use to come up as prompt prior to leaving. this was easier to track payments received when reconciling the bank statement. You can put the information in the reference line, however after doing it the other way for so long I forget sometimes, it was also a safety feature to make sure you posted to the right payment method.
  • I would like to see an easier way to change the contacts when an invoice has already be created through the AR not order entry.
  • Prior to having the information changed did not show in Order entry when invoices were paid and had a zero balance. I am not sure if this was changed system wide or only for our company.
Great for account report and tracking.
Needs to be able to track the vendors better in AR/AP.
AR - was working great prior to the changes now there is more steps to complete.

1099-nec - would be nice if the system could have converted the 1099-misc to the 1099-nec instead of me doing the legwork.
Read dorothy gordon's full review
August 21, 2020
Paige Burkes | TrustRadius Reviewer
We used to use Abila MIP as our accounting system (for non-profits) and Prophix for reporting. Abila's development of their web version left a lot to be desired, wasn't being effectively updated and customer service was tough (very long wait times on anything but chat). Prophix was used to combine data from multiple systems (operational data, financial, payroll, etc.) to create more effective reporting. Intacct has a great web interface, is much more cost-effective, and allows for the importing of statistical/operational data. It's very easy to create reports (Abila was very restricted in that area) and dashboards. Our finance team uses Intacct for accounting and reporting. Our executive team uses Intacct for dashboards and reporting.
  • Integrations with other system (AP automation, banking, etc.)
  • Reporting and dashboards
  • Drilling down to detailed transactions
  • Flexibility in slicing data
  • Add AP automation functionality
  • Customer service should be better trained on the product
I was initially a bit apprehensive about purchasing Sage Intacct for our organization because we're a multi-entity $45 million operation and many reviews were from folks making their first step away from QuickBooks. Over a year later, I can say that Intacct is perfectly suited for any small and mid-sized company.
Recording, importing, and processing transactions is easy. If mistakes are made, it's easy to fix them as well. It would be great if Intacct had full AP automation where invoices/statements could be scanned/uploaded with OCR reading and automatically coding them (we currently use Yooz for this). We have not set up approvals in Intacct across the company because we're relying on Yooz for that.
Read Paige Burkes's full review
December 04, 2020
Melissa Hastillo | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Sage Intacct for our non-profit organization, we have 3 users, I am a "super user". It allows us to keep better track of our books.
  • Invoicing and working with a 3rd party
  • Keeping all of the information you in detail
  • User Friendly
  • The reporting aspect is difficult, especially transitioning from QB's to Sage.
Sage Intacct is good for our type of business as we need all the little details. If you are a smaller company, Sage Intacct would be too much for you.
I think that there are some aspects to which there could be more instruction. Again, coming from QB's I think that there is a lot of things we need to relearn.
Hands down the fastest support we get.
I will say that coming from a very manual software to Sage [Intacct] has been very good for us. We don't have to duplicate what we do, things are very automated.
Read Melissa Hastillo's full review
November 22, 2020
Don Gilbert | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our organization uses Sage Intacct to track donations and expenses. We are a small non-profit and Sage tracks our income from donors and expenses in the ministry. It provides an up-to-date accurate picture of our finances and donations. It also allows us to do reimbursements and check requests.
  • As a non-profit, Sage provides us with an accurate account of the donations for the month.
  • Sage allows us to compare our annual donations by the specific month and by the current year.
  • Sage allows us to turn in our expense reports on line and track them during the year.
  • I would like Sage to have an option to list donations by the current month descending to past years. Right now, you have to scroll all the way down.
  • I would like to have a tab for monthly expenses. There is a tab to year to date expenses. We currently have monthly income and year to date income, and that is great.
  • I would like to see the name of the person giving the donation and the amount.
Sage works for me as a non-profit to track donations and expenses. I like the ability to see real-time donations and balances. It is helpful for monthly reports. The expense report feature is helpful and having it online makes it easy.
I don't have direct contact with support, but any questions I have seem to be answered with little delay.
I haven't used those features for my small non-profit.
Read Don Gilbert's full review
November 17, 2020
Amanda Kangas | TrustRadius Reviewer
Sage Intacct is being used across our whole company. We use it to request reimbursement for mileage as well as reimbursement for food/ supplies related to work expenses. It addresses the issue of how to organize our expenses and ensure payment to staff. Additionally, Sage Intacct keeps a history of all of my expenses that have been submitted and approved which is helpful when trying to recall if I need to look back to confirm if an expense had been entered or not.
  • Easy to use site for staff.
  • When expenses are routed to management for review, this process also works well and allows for management to easily review requests.
  • When entering expenses you can enter multiple expenses under one submission.
  • I can't think of any major issues.
  • I think the home page should have an easier to find button to click on to enter expenses.
  • It would be nice to not have to move the cursor over to be able to see all of the columns that I need to enter within an expense form.
Sage Intacct has been well suited for our agency. It is a way we are able to document all of our expenses. I have uses Sage Intaact to enter my expenses from out of state conferences as well as for local gas mileage when traveling to things like trainings or other agencies. Sage Intacct has been well suited for meeting these needs. I have not had any direct issues with a scenario where it would be less appropriate.
I have found Sage Intaact easy to use and understand. I have not had any major issues when entering my expenses and can enter my expenses fairly quickly. This is important to me because entering expenses does not end up taking away time from my actual job. The site is always running well and runs fast.
I have had no issues with support. This has not been an issue at all. I have not had to reach out for any technical support and found the site pretty easy to figure out how. The site always is functioning and runs well. It has been nice to not have to worry about needing to reach out to technical support.
Since I don't work in our accounting department, I am unable to actually answer this question. That being said, our accounting team has always talked positively about Sage Intacct so I can assume that the automation of the core financial process has been beneficial to our team in terms of keeping things organized.
Read Amanda Kangas's full review
November 17, 2020
Cathrine Raftery | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using it for our expense vouchers. This is where we put in our mileage to be able to get reimbursed from our company. I also approve my staff's expense reports. We also use this for our county to keep track of expenses within our foster care system and pay our providers.
  • It's nice to see at once how much I will get paid for Mileage.
  • This has helped keep us organized with account payable.
  • We can approve things in a timely manner and keep track of employee's accounts.
  • It can sometimes get confusing on how to enter items.
  • An onboarding process would be nice to help with new workers.
  • The first page being more user-friendly.
It is great to use to pay back employees for their expenses. We have also used it for our accounts payable so that we can keep track of what we need to pay out to our partners. We are able to also use for when we are keeping track of internal credit card usage.
I like it but some of my staff who are older don't always understand what they are doing within the system. I wish that there was more onboarding for new staff to be able to use. Our accounting office uses if more than my staff. I do like how easy it is for me to approve and review expense reports.
When we first started, it was nice to be able to get the support we needed and do a walkthrough. It would be nice if there was an annual meeting to review this process for new staff. My accounting department has reported ease of using the support from Sage Intacct.
Yes, we use it to track all of our payments out to providers. We have also used this to approve employee mileage and other expenses. As a supervisor, I am able to use this quickly to approve and review these items from staff. We have also used this to keep track of our agency credit card usage.
Read Cathrine Raftery's full review
November 13, 2020
Britt Hegarty | TrustRadius Reviewer
Sage Intacct is used as our organization's accounting system and we absolutely love it. We use it to record all transactions and review our financial results. We have created custom financial reporting packages that are easy to communicate our results to various stakeholders and internal staff members. The ability to customize the system by purchasing additional modules is by far its best feature.
  • Reliable
  • Customizable
  • Intuitive
  • Bank feeds need to be cleaner.
  • Easier to build dashboards.
  • Premium report builder should be included in the base-model.
Sage Intacct has been excellent for our nonprofit because it allows us to track fund dollars that come from different sources (e.g. grants, donations, etc.). It is critical that we trace money throughout our operations easily and we are able to do so with the system. The reporting capabilities around this are also excellent.
Intacct is very user friendly and intuitive. Its layout is one of the things I like best about it because it is easy to navigate the system and between the modules.
Not applicable; We work through a third-party reseller. However, in terms of the user guides and community, I would say it meets expectations.
We have absolutely benefitted from the automation Intacct allows for. I believe that it is integral in how smoothly our operations run.
Read Britt Hegarty's full review
November 12, 2020
Garrett Mohr | TrustRadius Reviewer
Sage Intacct is the ERP we use across the entire organization. One of the challenges we face is that while Sage doesn't solve all our problems/issues it integrates well with other platforms. The challenge is then picking the right other subsets of software to accomplish all of our tasks.
  • Cloud Based
  • Multi-Functionality
  • Compatibility
  • Too Many Settings
  • Confusing once you get past the basics
Sage is very well suited if you have an organization or a company that specializes in one type or set of services.
Sage at its core is very easy and simple to use. It gets more complicated as you try to get it to do specific tasks because all tasks have to follow that same workflow. The approval system is great but not very in depth.
Support has been great between Sage & Our integration consultant. I think alot of it depends on who you bring along to integrate the product.
Read Garrett Mohr's full review
November 12, 2020
Tammy Kerr | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are a multi-entity organization that switched from QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise to Sage Intacct when we outgrew QuickBooks and needed to change to a product that could fit our growth. I made the decision to choose Sage Intacct. Our hope was to have a product that would help simplify our multi-entity transactions, make our company financials easy to consolidate, and provide robust financial support. Unfortunately, Sage Intacct has fallen somewhat short on a number of features. We have spent most of our two years struggling to make the features do what we were told they could.
  • Multi-entity companies are available in a drop-down menu and are easy to navigate between
  • Reporting showing all entities combined or separated is available
  • Top-level sharing of items (customers, vendors, bank accounts) makes multi-entity transactions and financial entry easy to use
  • Credit card transactions are not handled very well at all; the process is needlessly tedious and faulty.
  • Credit cards must be assigned to one entity and are not available for other entities unless you use the top level; however, credit card payoffs/payments do not work well at the top level, causing many issues.
  • For bank reconciliations, Sage Intacct's odd "match/unmatch transactions" process adds a step that is unnecessary--it's a rec, you should be able to simply check the appropriate boxes and move on.
  • Bank feeds are not true feeds in the sense that QuickBooks uses the term. This feature does not enter the transactions in Sage Intacct, it merely shows them. So you still need to manually enter any missing transactions. This also adds another unnecessary step to reconciling.
  • I have not found any of my requests for Sage Intacct support to be friendly at all. Some were downright rude. I posted a question in one of the community support forums, and a Sage Intacct representative told me "Please post an IDEA."
  • To add credits on invoices, you create a "credits available" line in the Receive Payments screen with the (incorrect) invoice total in the Invoices section. You're forced to treat the discount line as if you issued a separate credit, rather than have the invoice be what it actually is.
  • Their pricing model is very high. You pay a base, you pay per user, you pay per entity--they have outpriced themselves for the value they provide.
  • The multi-entity function doesn't actually work as well as you would expect, and you still need to double-enter transactions between companies. Without careful scrutiny, the multi-entity transactions can actually cause more issues than they provide solutions.
If you are a small single-entity company with only a few users that doesn't require much complexity, then Sage Intacct can work OK. If you use outside sources for most invoicing and accounting tasks and mainly use Sage Intacct for reporting, it could also work well for you. It is good for companies that don't have many credit card transactions. It is not good for companies that have multiple entities, that heavily use credit cards, and have many bank accounts, since the reconciliation process is not user friendly.
We have been very disappointed in many aspects of this product. We have to pay $2,500 a year for a "user" so our CPA can have access to our books or give them a scaled-down "read only" employee access. With multiple entities, you need multiple merchant services accounts to accept credit cards. However, Sage Intacct only allows you to use one credit card transaction key, so only one entity can use Sage Intacct to process charges; the rest have to be manually processed outside of Sage Intacct and then duplicately entered into it. You cannot set up a recurring payment entry in Sage Intacct; if you have an automatic payment, such as rent, that you make each month, you can either set up a recurring journal entry, or manually enter the payment every month. Similarly, you cannot set up a recurring charge card transaction for items that are automatically charged to your company credit card each month.
Sage Intacct itself has very unhelpful support. We use a third-party company for support, which then has to work with Sage Intacct anyway, when we need support. I have had very unhelpful and rude responses from Sage Intacct when I have, on occasion, asked for help.
My organization has not benefitted from these items, as Sage Intacct is a difficult product to use with complex companies, and the only things they truly focus on and do well are general ledgers and reports. Most companies can't run their business using only journal entries. Sage Intacct would work well for a smaller single organization without much need for complexity, but it would be vastly overpriced for such a company, and the procedures needlessly complicated, making it not very suitable for either small companies or large organizations.
Read Tammy Kerr's full review
November 11, 2020
Loretta Foster | TrustRadius Reviewer
Used in the Accounting department for financial purposes. I only do one part and my understanding is the program is used to regulate our financial statements and financial information for our outside accountants. I also believe it is used for asset management purposes.
  • Keep customer informed of changes
  • Helpful back up when issues arise
  • Easy report processing
  • Less changes to the system.
I feel the program can be easier to maneuver through the reports and information posted. Due to our customer base being so large, the accounting information needs to be transferred between the systems to do different things. Customer account transfers are easy. Doing bank statements can be challenging but all large bank statements are tedious.
Overall, for what I have worked on in the system, Intacct works well and I have a process that works in a timely and effective manner. Learning new stuff can be challenging.
Customer support is very helpful and timely. It's very easy to get the answers I need when I need them without too much of a time delay or issue getting a resolution. Very helpful when asking questions due to being new to the system.
I work with the accounts receivable portion and the automation is comparable to other programs I have used but I have a couple programs I like to use more if I had the availability/option. My opinion is based solely on educational reasons. Being new to the program is challenging.
Read Loretta Foster's full review
November 10, 2020
Rachel Hengesh | TrustRadius Reviewer
Across our whole company, every employee has to report their time via Sage Intacct weekly. It addresses the issue of billing since we bill clients hourly, and it helps the internal teams understand our utilization rate. I believe our team can run stats through Intacct to understand if we are using employees to bill.
  • Simple- No extra frills.
  • Intuitive- It is easy to quickly add my hours and which project I worked on. The flow is very user-friendly.
  • Checks and balances- I have to submit my time and then my manager has to approve, and then our Controller has to approve that. There is even another auditor on timesheets as well when there are discrepancies.
  • On the user front, none. I suspect the backend team would have more insight.
Sage Intacct is a great way to easily submit time and for the company to understand where their employees are using their time.
It is easy and simple for the user. As a consultant, I have to bill my time to different projects and Sage Intacct's platform is intuitive. I know it is also safe to use since there are many levels of validation to get my timesheets approved. I would suggest Sage Intacct to any company needing to handle timesheets.
n/a I do not use the support side
I am not aware if my org uses this or not.
Read Rachel Hengesh's full review
Pamela Macdonald | TrustRadius Reviewer
The Finance team is working remotely so we use this cloud-based system for our team.
  • The Duplicate feature is great!
  • I love that you can email reports directly from the program.
  • Sage Intacct allows you to invoice directly from the program and set up reminders as well.
  • I wish that you could set up multiple invoices for one Vendor and that Intacct could send them automatically on set dates.
We have only been using this program for a little over 2 years, and it has been very user-friendly. I like that multiple users can be in the system at the same time.
I found this program very easy to navigate. After using the same accounting program for over 20 plus years, I was a bit apprehensive in the beginning. The support and help features have allowed me to research issues if I am having any.
The consultants that we hired for the crossover were great. We learned quite a bit from them and they were very responsive to issues we were having.
I love the duplicate feature, especially when entering in Payroll twice a month.
Read Pamela Macdonald's full review
Christopher Whelan | TrustRadius Reviewer
GWI leverages Sage Intacct to submit purchase requisitions, issue purchase orders and track expenses. The finance team uses it for additional accounting functions and is able to share detailed dashboard information with the management team. Being cloud based has allowed us to ditch the local servers and access our financial information wherever we are.
  • Fast data display
  • Easy to drill into complex information sets
  • Purchase requisitions should have an automatic link created for the purchase order. Users have to view this information in the history section. Not intuitive.
  • The purchase approval process should be clearly viewable. Currently you have to look at historic approvals to get the approval information.
Any small (or large?) company that wishes to use a cloud-based system that is capable of tracking expenses and purchasing would be a prime candidate for using Sage Intacct.
Though I have limited (intentional) interaction with the system, the portions I have access to are easy to understand and navigate.
I would like to leave this as a N/A but it is forcing me to make a pick. I picked "1" because I haven't used support for this project and this question isn't applicable.
We are still in the process of updating our internal flows to accommodate the additional data that we can now track. We anticipate using automation in the near future.
Read Christopher Whelan's full review
Aditya Kaushik | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Intacct for keeping track of our projects, track and manage timesheets and billing invoicing.
  • Easy to track projects, add billing rates, assign roles
  • Different formats for reporting available
  • Integrated well with accounting processes
  • Option of blocking timesheets should be provided
  • The tool takes time to get updated in case of changes made to Project Manager name under Project deals
1) Reporting options and filtered reporting
Because of wide variety of features and options available as per organization's needs
Had to work with support on couple of occasions and really liked the response time and solution provided
I have not used these features personally and used by Accounts team
Read Aditya Kaushik's full review
November 07, 2020
Joshua Fischer | TrustRadius Reviewer
Sage Intacct is excellent for its ease of use. The entire application is designed similarly to salesforce.com and there is a seamless integration between Sales and Accounting to reduce redundant data entry. Since the systems can be integrated, you can decide which records are managed by which team. I've worked with smaller ERP systems like Quickbooks and larger systems like Oracle and SAP. I found it very easy to adapt to using Sage Intacct and find the software scales easily with the businesses that use it.
  • Revenue recognition
  • ASC 606
  • MEA
  • Custom Reporting can be challenging for new users to modify.
  • When importing data the failure message often includes the single error the system identified and does not identify additional errors until you attempt to re-import. This can often lead to multiple failed imports in order to identify all errors.
  • Budgets within Sage Intacct has great functionality and can be referenced in budget vs actual reports. However, it might be helpful to provide a multi-step guide on how to budget using dimensions for new Sage Intacct users who are not as familiar with Intacct.
Sage Intacct is excellent for small to mid-size companies. I occasionally run into issues importing files with over 10,000 lines which can be contracts, journal entries, and other records. I would not hesitate to recommend Sage Intacct as an upgrade to a client who is using a basic accounting system that is missing functionality that Sage Intacct provides.
Sage Intacct is astatically pleasing and very easy to use. Their help page database offers guidance for any page you are reviewing and often is customized based on the subscriptions and configuration your company is subscribed to.
Due to Sage Intacct's market share, most support is coming directly from Sage Intacct and their VAR partners. There is also a community site where users can share product ideas that turn into features in future releases.
I have turned off automatic posting for revenue recognition to review scheduled entries before they post to the GL. The out of the box automation is a nice feature though and I do utilize recurring bills/journal entries. Intacct generates transactions automatically which has shortened our month-end close task list by a few days.
Read Joshua Fischer's full review
November 05, 2020
Erin Breber | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our company provides back-office solutions for our clients. We utilize several types of accounting software solutions, but Sage Intacct is our preferred accounting software due to its flexibility and reporting customization capabilities to create any type of financial reporting that our clients may need to help run their businesses.
  • Customized reporting with both financial reports and custom reports.
  • Dashboards applications to create various dashboards depending on your role within the organization.
  • Statistical report tracking to include both financial and non-inancial data on reports.
  • Applying AR customer receipts can be time consuming.
  • It is customizable but that can also lead people to going overboard in the setup of the software.
  • Credit card expenses is time consuming and does require additional steps depending on how much vendor tracking you want to have in the accounting system.
In comparison to other cloud-based accounting software solutions, Sage Intacct is definitely one of the best. It provides customizable reporting, dashboards, and user permission restrictions based on roles within the company. It is definitely well suited for organizations that have multiple dimensions to track their financial data and multiple entities that need to be consolidated.
It is user-friendly but if you have users that are no familiar with accounting functions it can be somewhat daunting in the beginning.
There is a Sage Intacct community to find answers to questions within the system, but they do not really offer a support call center to call for simple questions. Rather you have to log a support case, which can be difficult to completely explain that issue you are having.
We currently do not utilize this.
Read Erin Breber's full review

Pay calculation (5)
Benefit plan administration (5)
6.4
Direct deposit files (4)
Salary revision and increment management (4)
Reimbursement management (92)
API for custom integration (311)
Plug-ins (240)
Single sign-on capability (391)
Role-based user permissions (494)
Dashboards (487)
Cash management (492)
Bank reconciliation (486)
Expense management (329)
Time tracking (155)
Fixed asset management (203)
Multi-currency support (166)
Multi-division support (309)
Regulations compliance (150)
Electronic tax filing (86)
Self-service portal (201)
Global Financial Support (84)
Intercompany Accounting (281)
Journals and Reconciliations (416)
Enterprise Accounting (138)
Configurable Accounting (233)
Centralized Rules Framework (147)
Standardized Processes (264)
Manufacturing module (5)
5.2
Pricing (128)
Order entry (218)
Credit card processing (134)
Cost of goods sold (14)
6.3
End-to-end order visibility (81)

What is Sage Intacct?

The Sage Intacct system includes accounting, cash management, purchasing, vendor management, financial consolidation, revenue recognition, subscription billing, contract management, project accounting, fund accounting, inventory management, and financial reporting applications, all delivered through the cloud.

Sage Intacct aims to give organizations the visibility and agility to make the right data-driven decisions at the right time to steer their organizations and people to growth and recovery. When it is integrated with budgeting and planning and paired with HR and people software, Sage Intacct is designed to enable digital transformation through continuous accounting, continuous trust and continuous insight.

Sage Intacct Features

Has featureDashboards
Has featureStandard reports
Has featureCustom reports

Customization Features

Has featureAPI for custom integration
Has featurePlug-ins

Has featureUser-level audit trail
Has featureSubscription billing
Has featureRevenue recognition
Has featureCollaboration/Social
Has featureMultiple chart of accounts
Has featureMultiple reporting books
Has featureMulti-dimensional reporting
Has featureGraphs/Charts/Performance cards
Has featureReport visualizations (conditional highlighting, color grading, trendlines, etc.)

Sage Intacct Screenshots

Sage Intacct Videos (5)

Watch Room-to-Read Customer Video

Watch Sage Intacct Budgeting and Planning Overview

Sage Intacct Downloadables

Sage Intacct Integrations

Salesforce.com, Bill.com, Xactly Incent, KeyedIn Projects, AvidXchange, Zuora, Expensify, MineralTree, Quick Base, FloQast, Planful (formerly Host Analytics), Nexonia, by Emburse, Adaptive Insights, a Workday company, QStock Inventory, EmployeeMax, FastPath, Nexonia, PayPal, Ameriflex

Sage Intacct Competitors