Most days EMS saves the day, on the days it doesn't, it is usually user input error.https://www.trustradius.com/event-managementEMS SoftwareUnspecified8.83661012018-12-21T16:01:41.577Z
December 21, 2018
Most days EMS saves the day, on the days it doesn't, it is usually user input error.
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with EMS Software
EMS is being used throughout the entire College. It is our sole reservation system for faculty/staff/student organizations. We also use it to reserve our fleet of vehicles and to reserve our Victorian House (bed & breakfast). We are configuring EMS to be a one-stop shop. Users can order catering, audiovisual services, general services equipment & services, photographer, guest internet codes, police services, etc.
- Allows users to add everything they need for a successful event
- No more making endless phone calls to find a room.
- Confirmation pages are extremely helpful to communicate with users, from confirming a request to asking for more detail
- Because we keep our general services equipment on EMS, with inventory, I can always direct staff in the right direction of where a sign holder may have been used last. Losing equipment can be a problem. EMS helps with locating.
- It would be great to have an inventory location field for our resource providers....example: round tables located in warehouse 1, hall 6, cage 8
- When you add a room or resource there are so many places you need to go to update where that resource should show up. It would be great if you were prompted at the time to add to reports, add to security templates, and so on
- Change is always hard. EMS was brought on to help all resource providers manage their resources and services. There was also a need for scheduling to be mainstreamed. We did struggle with "This is my space" statements for a while, but that is getting better. It has taken a couple of years, but staff are coming around to see the value and ease of having a reservation system.
I think once you start using EMS, even in the simplest form, you start to realize what else you can do with it. We had not given a thought, for instance, to adding our motorpool to the reservation system. Someone mentioned if it was a possibility and we ran with it.
- We use the outlook plugin. This is a helpful tool for the folks who are only booking a conference room and want to invite their guests all in one action.
We have had success with configuring EMS. Truthfully, if I knew 4 years ago what I know now, I would have done things a lot differently. I think configuring packages can be difficult. I think it has the potential to be great, but we are not there yet.