Overall Satisfaction with Epicor Prophet 21
Prophet 21 is deployed throughout our enterprises, across multiple locations. Growth in wholesale distribution is achieved primarily by improving our ability to manage pricing and purchasing in a fast moving warehouse with as much accuracy as possible. Prophet 21 provides an integrated solution for us to do just that. As a strategic part of our overall information systems, Prophet 21 has been a major factor in our ability to increase inventory accuracy while reducing picking errors, maintain reasonable inventory levels without tying up assets in overstock, all while enjoying double digit growth, year after year.
- As an open database, Epicor Prophet 21 not only gives you access directly to strategic information, its interface makes finding it convenient and efficient while allowing the use of industry standard reporting tools to manipulate reports and data.
- The Wireless Warehouse package has been invaluable to the efficiency of our warehouse operations. Inventory flow, picking accuracy and stocking effectiveness have all improved.
- One of the most valuable features of Epicor Prophet 21 is its support staff. They have always been responsive and knowledgeable with a focus on solving problems. They show an understanding of how important it is to correct any disruptive issues in as short a time as possible.
- Prophet 21 could use better management tools for its own data. The database has a tendency to bloat and over time can grow exceedingly large without administrative intervention.
- The UI can be cluttered at times and the windows tend to jump into focus or drop from focus when it isn't expected causing user confusion and data entry errors.
- Branding on forms and the UI is almost nonexistent. Customizations of screen aesthetics and form layout options should be easier and not require custom programming.
- Improved inventory accuracy and reduced picking errors.
- Provided unique pricing per customer using complex models.
- Allowed for expansion and growth with minimal investment of time and assets.
- Improved inventory levels and reduced dead stock.
For distributors of easily handled commodity products with the opportunity for growth, this is a perfectly suited ERP system. When you have to deal with larger quantities per order or larger cubes, integrating with Prophet 21 can be problematic. Wholesalers such as ourselves sometimes have to fight with the retail distributor model that seems to be entrenched in many of Prophet 21's features.