Gemini Issues tracker
December 22, 2014
Gemini Issues tracker
Score 10 out of 10
- Gemini Project tracker
Overall Satisfaction with Gemini
Three years ago we implemented Gemini internally to help consolidate and centralize IT projects tracking and management. Also, Gemini helped implement web-based release process management and sign-off process, establish development defects tracking for internal and user-acceptance testing. This solution addressed lack of IT transparency and formal communication.
- Gemini offers flexible framework that allowed IT to build a workflow based process. IT change requests were divided into several buckets: New Change Requests group for business units to submit requests for enhancements and new project ideas, Pending Change Requests for approved projects that are waiting for IT resources, Application Development where we track active projects, Defect Tracking where bugs are tracked during testing and finally Release Management where requests for deployment are tracked.
- Gemini allows to create custom fields and add them to View, Edit and Add screens. This flexible model allowed us to track additional information on the project such as IT Point of Contact, System Name, Team Name, Testing dates, etc.
- Gemini has flexible email notification model that allows to keep business customers informed on the project progress. Whenever comment is added by project manager email alerts goes out anyone that is set to watch project progress.
- It would be useful for Gemini to offer a mobile-friendly version.
- It would be helpful for Gemini to provide more granular control over email notification options. Currently, we cannot turn off update type emails
- Gemini could improve homepage design to provide a dashboard for all projects in the system.
- Gemini helped consolidate and centralize projects tracking and status reporting
- Gemini helped improve defects tracking and reporting
- Gemini helped streamline release process management, eliminated approval paperwork by allowing ot use comments as electronic signatures.
Gemini is more cost-effective than Project Server. It is easy to configure and easy to use
Gemini's development team continues to improve the product and provides a comprehensive roadmap of upcoming features that makes you want to upgrade as soon as a new version comes out.