Gigya Review: "Does what it's supposed to do very well."https://www.trustradius.com/social-loginGigyaUnspecified7.4121012012-11-12T21:23:41.430Z
- The product does everything that it's supposed to do - and it does it very well.
- If we ever have any issues, they escalate them immediately and resolve them.
- The product is highly flexible. We can skin our integrations to make them look exactly as we want them to look. We are not stuck with a standard look-and-feel.
- The Gigya APIs are very powerful. We are advanced users of the product and we really appreciate the power of the APIs in letting us build out exactly what we want.
- Really nothing. Sometimes we wish it had some features that are very specific to our use case, but we understand that they are building a platform and not a custom tool. About 80% of features that we want are provided, and these deliver most of the value for us.
- Hugely increased participation and video consumption. Gigya has helped us grow our user base by a phenomenal amount, and has really been a huge success.
- Our goal is to get to the point where hundreds of thousands of users are actively participating and contributing original user-generated content. We are confident we will get there.
- Social Sign-on / account creation
- Commenting - ability to leave comments on media content
- Live Chat - enabling viewers of video events or press conferences / interviews etc. to discuss the even with each other in real time.
- Gamification - This is new functionality from Gigya, and we have extended it a little. We use a sports metaphor so that all new users are "on-star freshmen" and progress through the ranks up to "Hall of Famer", based on the number of points they accrue for contributing content, sharing content commenting, etc. Eventually, these accrued points will be redeemable for real goods like clothes / tickets.
- Recommendations - Participants can rate content by voting it up or down.
We mostly work with the API which is of very good quality and is well documented.However, some of our success is also due to having very talented developers on staff, and also understanding advanced gamification design. The tool supports a talented team! It won't actually do everything for you automatically.
- We are obviously integrated with a number of different social media platforms.