SAP Customer Data Solutions (formerly Gigya)
SAP Customer Data Solutions (formerly Gigya)
I started using SAP Customer Data Solutions at Freeman Company in late 2019. This data unification platform is mainly used in the customer …
As CPO in [the] Computer Software industry, it's my duty to ensure that we deliver on our service and product promise to the right …
I use SAP Customer Data Solutions in our organization to unify client data from multiple channels so as I can help make informed …
SAP Customer Data Solution has allowed us to replace other weaker modules. It's being used by our customer service team to allow them to …
When I joined Gigg in 2018 they weren’t using any customer data unification platform. A few months later we implemented SAP Customer Data …
SAP Customer Data Solutions is one of the most reliable tools to understand the true need of our customers. It surely helps to identify …
As a global marketplace, SAP [Customer Data Solutions] centralizes all customer data into 5 regions, respecting local data privacy laws …
Gigya is used to support single sign on across multiple Speedo entities, meaning a frictionless sign on process for our users. The social …
Gigya is being used by our customer service team to allow them to support single sign-on across multiple domains within our organization. …
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
For the latest information on pricing, visithttps://www.sap.com/products/crm/custom…
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
2 people want pricing too
SAP Customer Data Cloud enables companies to be able to provide seamless engagements and to securely identify consumers across channels and devices. Users can build trust with businesses, partners, and customers by enabling them to manage consent and preferences throughout their relationship with the business. The vendor aims to help organizations deliver personalized digital experiences through first-party consent-based data that can be governed and orchestrated across the organization from a central platform to drive business value.
- Supported: Customer Identity Access Management
- Supported: Enterprise Consent and Preference Management
- Supported: Customer Data Platform
Build customer trust through consent based engagement
|Supported Countries||SAP Customer Data Cloud supports data localization globally with global data centers in North America, EMEA, Russia, China, and Australia, as well as compliance with regional laws|
|Supported Languages||English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Latin American Spanish|
Frequently Asked Questions
The SAP Customer Data Cloud, based on Gigya (acquired by SAP in 2017) is a product suite that allows users to identify consumers, business customers, or partners across devices and channels to drive registrations and engagement; manage access, permission, and consent; and transform data into unified customer profiles.
Reviewers rate Availability highest, with a score of 9.
The most common users of SAP Customer Data Solutions (formerly Gigya) are from Enterprises and the Information Technology & Services industry.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
I started using SAP Customer Data Solutions at Freeman Company in late 2019. This data unification platform is mainly used in the customer service department to deliver hyper-customized insights in real-time in one data governed cloud solution.
- SAP Customer Data Solutions bridges the gap between online information and offline data to improve customer engagement with our team to better understand their experiences.
- SAP Customer Data Solutions has improved customer trust by understanding their experiences while eradicating compliance risks.
- Data redaction and retention help us to activate the right info to be accessed to the right customer and business user. This helps safeguard data from getting into third-party/cyber attackers.
- For the 2+ years that I have been using SAP Customer Data Solutions, I have never encountered any capability that needs improvement since it meets all our customer data management needs.
Customer Data Solutions is the best solution to trust on social media creation, login, and customer data engagement. I would recommend a global enterprise that would like to support multiple languages to try and integrate with APIs.
As CPO in [the] Computer Software industry, it's my duty to ensure that we deliver on our service and product promise to the right customers. That's why we implemented SAP Customer Data Solutions in various departments like product management, sales, and marketing to create holistic client profiles.
- Unifying customer data from multiple channels to one cloud solution
- Creating centralized client profiles which we connect with all our digital properties
- Identifying online visitors securely via cloud security features such as passwordless authentication and multifactor
- We were experiencing issues sending emails [in] different language variations to our customers in some parts of the globe during the first few months after deployment. Currently, we do not face the challenge anymore since after updates we were able [to] get more language variations.
Based on my experience, I have gathered trusted insights from metadata information for customers that [are] collected from multiple sources. That way, I make informed on-the-moment decisions without processing data on my end.
I use SAP Customer Data Solutions in our organization to unify client data from multiple channels so as I can help make informed determinations by providing the right social progress to the right businesses. This solution is used in a few departments such as sales, marketing & research, and development.
- SAP Customer Data Solutions offers analytics capabilities that help understand customers and engage with them.
- CIAM module turn unknown visitors to known buyers, which improves ROI.
- SAP Customer Data Solutions help personalize customer experiences by centralizing their data from other sources like Oracle Cloud ERP to one unified solution.
- During the initial setup, it was overwhelming for some of our employees to customize some features and integrate SAP Customer Data Solutions with other non-SAP applications. The vendor success team offered free support and still does whenever we face issues via phone call and email chat support.
SAP Customer Data Solutions has enabled a single sign-on for all customer data sources. If any business person would contact me regarding the best CDM tool, I would definitely recommend them to try SAP Customer Data Solution.
SAP Customer Data Solution has allowed us to replace other weaker modules. It's being used by our customer service team to allow them to support single sign-on across multiple domains within our organisation. The support team helps to keep our SAP running at peak performance with their IT experts and support services, including long-term plans, embedded teams, remote technical support, self-services portal, and innovation strategies.
- SAP Customer Data Solution helps to unify all our customers' data sources, respect data privacy and activate rich insights in real-time to exceed customer expectations across all types of engagements.
- Respect data privacy by combining customers identity and purpose data.
- It helps to orchestrate data with engagement systems based on data privacy permissions.
- Address data privacy and governance requirements for all our brands and regions.
- On the technical side, it has allowed us to replace other weaker and non-functional modules.
- The CMS and personalization still have some room for improvements.
- SAP Customer Data Solution lacks proactive campaigns so that many customers can familiarise its strengths and prolific features.
SAP Customer Data Solution [bridges] the gap between online information and offline data which helps to improve customer engagement with our team to understand their experience better. It's highly flexible and scalable, we are able to make customizations on skin integration to make them look exactly what we want them to look like. The support team is just on another level, highly proactive, short time taken to respond even if there are a thousand questions.
When I joined Gigg in 2018 they weren’t using any customer data unification platform. A few months later we implemented SAP Customer Data Solutions, which simplified all customer data processes from onboarding, orchestration to customer authentication via capabilities such as single sign-on.
- Profile orchestration capability has enhanced customer engagement by allowing customers to collaborate with the team and other clients in a single location.
- SAP Customer Data Solutions unifies holistic client profiles whether known, unknown, online, or offline to one solution.
- Insight activation is another great aspect of SAP Customer Data Solutions, which enhances in-the-moment decision-making in real-time.
- Unavailability of mobile application for Android and iOS is the only improvement that SAP needs to focus more on in order to help enhance customer data management on the go.
SAP Customer Data Solutions mainly focus on clients data management procedures. As the Head of Customer Success, it has reduced the hassle of collecting, connecting and analyzing customer data manually. Again, with this platform I do not have to move from one department to another to present customer information since it’s enhanced virtually.
SAP Customer Data Solutions is one of the most reliable tools to understand the true need of our customers. It surely helps to identify how to engage with customers more effectively. Currently, departments such as Marketing and Sales use this and it is a great success.
- Help bridging Online Offline Data gap
- Identifying customer needs
- More reachability towards customers
- Non compatibility with other applications in initial deployment
We mainly use SAP Customer Data Solutions in the Sales and Marketing departments and it helps to identify real customer need and how to address the need more effectively and efficiently. Additionally, SAP Customer Data Solutions helps to establish a higher level of Data governance.
As a global marketplace, SAP [Customer Data Solutions] centralizes all customer data into 5 regions, respecting local data privacy laws and regulations.
- Easy to use
- Manages consent and the respective history
- Easy to integrate/very good documentation
- Translations for screen-sets
SAP [Customer Data Solutions] is definitely a tool to use for managing a large individual database, especially globally. The question is more related to which methodology to use for implementing it between screen sets or APIs. In case you have to handle multiple languages, APIs should be the best option for you. Otherwise, screen sets would work well.
Gigya is used to support single sign on across multiple Speedo entities, meaning a frictionless sign on process for our users. The social sign on aspect is also being used. Gigya is a digital owned product but it’s also used by our social, insights and customer service teams.
- SAAS based product meaning it’s reliable, scalable and constantly updated
- Gigya has seem less integration methods, whether it’s via their APIs or commerce screen-sets
- Gigya comes with pre-built social connectors for pretty much all the social networks globally
- Gigya provides a suite of reporting tools providing user and social details
- The social sign on can be impacted by even the smallest of changes made by the social network. Gigya could perhaps do more to communicate this
- Gigya provides an email sending solution, although frustratingly it doesn’t support the same email being sent to variations of the same languages I.e en_uk and en_us
- The process of moving changes from environment to environment could be simplified and improved
Gigya is an enterprise solution which is well supported to brands who have a use case to support single sign-on across multiple sites or domains. This simplifies and increases user sign up and engagement.
In addition, Gigya is very useful for meeting requirements for the upcoming GDPR changes. Whether it’s where data is stored, right through to an unsubscribe across multiple sites and domains.
Gigya is being used by our customer service team to allow them to support single sign-on across multiple domains within our organization. It is also currently in the process of being evaluated for implementation across the board after hearing about the uptick that social platform integration can provide from Facebook and other popular sites.
- Our developers absolutely LOVE the Gigya APIs. They rave about them on a daily basis.
- The support we have received is tremendous. We have run into very few problems, but when we did, they were quick to respond.
- It was very easy to set up and use on Day One; we were able to be productive almost immediately.
- Like some other users, we have experience issues sending emails to different language variations. We have been assured that this is being worked on, and we believe that it will be addressed promptly.
- The "friend list" from Facebook is cached and we have found that the information is sometimes a little tiny bit outdated. Not a big deal.
- One of our developers expressed the desire for more flexibility and customization of the product as a whole.
Gigya is tremendous for an up-and-coming company to ride the wave of social media, but you have to be ready for it or it will knock you out. The gamification module was the first thing that drew us to Gigya. As I stated earlier, the APIs are outstanding, but you have to have a solid programming team to take full advantage of it.
- The social sharing elements and analytic's are all solid. It generally manages comments well although there have been some bugs in handling the volume of comments our site delivers daily.
- There have been some issues with the volume of comments we receive as well as adding words to our blacklisted terms.
- Online training
- In-person training
Gigya is responsive to all requests, prioritizes effectively and efficiently, updates frequently and generally resolves issues in a very timely manner.
- Gigya provide a range of flexible APIs which support the development of bespoke engagement tools. They also provide out of the box engagement tools like comments and reactions.
- Gigya's identity query tool makes it straightforward for users to query the user database using straightforward SQL queries.
- Gigya's cloud storage is a safe and secure alternative to self-hosted databases.
- Gigya's out of the box engagement tools lack some of the features of dedicated comments providers. However, it's very possible to supplement these with your own development using the Gigya API.
- Online training
We have had multiple instances of help from Gigya to get our custom implementation working, including detailed technical assistance to a third party. We have found Gigya to be thorough and timely in their responses to all queries, which are consistently excellent.
- On the technical side, it has allowed us to replace other weaker modules. It concentrates everything on one single platform.
- We have reduce loads on servers. Some calls are going to Gigya not our own servers. We don't have to manage all the sign-in process ourselves - it is all managed by Gigya now. We don't have to log comments on our DB because it lives in Gigya.
- It was very difficult for us to keep up with FB / Twitter / Google+ changes tothe APIs. With Gigya it always works no matter what's going on with APIs. I used to have a couple of guys looking at this every week, now I don't have to do that.
- All our numbers went up. Comments, sharing polls, social logins - everything dramatically increased. This is very cool.
- Numbers for referred traffic from social media channels also went up.
- Client service is excellent. a Gigya project manager works closely with us. he helps us review what we are doing. Gigya helps us with QA and with best practices.
- Nothing obvious. Some editors and traffickers want a more detailed analytics package. Gigya reports are pretty basic. There is a strong need for more advanced analytics and automated reports.
- We have talked to Gigya about it, and they are working on it.
- Online training
we've had a couple of issues where response time was not as fast as we expected. These were complicated issues, so it's perhaps not that surprising, but they were still a bit slow.
- It really depends on your business needs. If you are looking for something to very rapidly social enable a website, Gigya is awesome. If you want to do more advanced things, it's less useful. The real advantage is keeping up with changes to the Facebook and Twitter platforms, so that social sign-on and other integration continue to work.
- We are a massively international company, and have to support a very large number of minor social platforms which are used in other countries but not in the US. For Nike, 80% of our social traffic is from Facebook, 18% from Twitter, and the remaining 2% from second-tier international sites. Gigya is very good at keeping up with all these second-tier platforms so we don't have to.
- There are some issues in keeping up with Facebook and Twitter changes. Generally, they are on top of changes, but sometimes things break.
- Facebook friend list is cached in Gigya and the displayed list is 24 hours old. This can be a problem when we really need the most up-to-date list. It's often more expedient for us to go to Facebook directly to be sure we have the latest list.
- we are a preferred partner of both Facebook and Twitter and, as such, we get sneak previews of changes to these platforms well before Gigya does.
- There are some issues with token management. Essentially, the problem is that session credentials handled by our Nike app are not compatible with Gigya. This means that every individual user has to have an individual authentication key instead of Nike master key which results in more overhead and calls to the platforms to manage session authentication.
Gigya is a good product overall. It's great for going from "non-social" to 'highly-social" very rapidly. But as needs become more complex over time, the value starts to decrease a bit.
Customer support is really phenomenal. It could not be better.
- Out of the box, this is very easy to set up. No technical knowledge is required.
- The APIs are amazing if you need to do custom extensions to out-of-the-box functionality..
- Company is fantastic to work with. The support team is extremely responsive and helpful. Among the best support I've ever experienced from a software vendor.
- Metrics and dashboards very useful. We can learn how we are doing as we go along, make course changes and then iterate.
- We are looking at gamification module. Currently we have an award system in place: If someone makes five posts, we reward them with a gift or kudos. We have this functionality from another vendor, but as Gigya offers essentially the same thing, we would rather have everything from a single vendor as it would be easier to manage.
- Integrate comments with other external social comments. Gigya is great at pushing out comments /sharing them with social networks. I wish we could ingest comments from social media sites. For example, I would love to be able to pull tweets into the commenting platform. Gigya is good at pushing content out, but not at taking it in.
- I wish we could customize the platform a little more. There are numerous plug-ins for chat etc. but we would like the flexibility to be able to do a bit more customization. The tools is very solid and easy to set-up, but we would like a bit more flexibility.
- Online training
Fantastic support team. Very proactive. Not only do they answer questions in a timely manner, but they proactively show us whats coming in next releases. I can also share what I would like to see. They are very honest about what they can do, and what is not likely to be on the roadmap. I never get any push-back from them about the hours of support. They are always willing to help. They are also great about suggesting best practices that we might not have thought about. In other words, "Have you thought about doing it this way...".
- It enables social lo-gin and social account creation. It functions very well.
- Its been very stable with good uptime.
- Also easy for us to implement. Gigya does maintain the platform and continually make improvements.
- Support team has been very helpful and very responsive.They are always eager to bring new features to our attention. They just make sure that we get the most out of the product. This is much appreciated.
- Online training
Customer support is outstanding. The support team is highly responsive and helpful They often go beyond a specific problem to demonstrate how we can use the product more effectively.
- The product does everything that it's supposed to do - and it does it very well.
- If we ever have any issues, they escalate them immediately and resolve them.
- The product is highly flexible. We can skin our integrations to make them look exactly as we want them to look. We are not stuck with a standard look-and-feel.
- The Gigya APIs are very powerful. We are advanced users of the product and we really appreciate the power of the APIs in letting us build out exactly what we want.
- Really nothing. Sometimes we wish it had some features that are very specific to our use case, but we understand that they are building a platform and not a custom tool. About 80% of features that we want are provided, and these deliver most of the value for us.
Great to work with.
- Online training
Support is great. They usually resolve any issues within one hour. We have had two different account managers, and each of them has been great..