Overall Satisfaction with GiveSmart
I am a parent volunteer and both of my sons' schools. I've brought the GS platform to both schools to use for fundraising. At both schools, we have annual galas, golf outings, smaller fundraising events, etc. I'm always pushing the school to use GS for as much as we can; there is no reason not to. It's a great tool and it's a great tool for the next crop of fundraisers after we move on.
- The platform is amazing and helps you really understand where the money is coming from.
- GS helps us stay organized with all the donations we receive.
- GS is amazing in that it provides a clear and concise way for people to donate/bid/purchase items at our events.
- The reporting that GS offers is outstanding. There is nothing you can't learn from these reports.
- I'd like to see more flexibility in the raffle ticket sales. Sometimes we have more than 1 raffle going on at a time. I'd like to be able to see the tracking of these items separately if needed.
- Sometimes I need to see user activity. When I try to look at it, it constantly logs me out and when I log back in- I'm in my account looking at my activity. I find this annoying. I can go another way to find the User activity, but it shouldn't log me out.
- I would like to be able to start a new display on the day of my event. Sometimes we want to see how much money we can raise in, let's say 10 mins, but if have already had some donations come prior to the event—these show up in my display. I don't want people seeing that right then—I want a clean display to start my quick fundraising. Does this make sense?
- I'm not in the throes of a campaign right this minute, but I know I have more to add. I just can't remember right now.
- Definitive increased fundraising revenue.
- Ability to reach everyone in the community whether or not they are at the actual event.
- Having a database of users and some of their info is invaluable.
- Being able to track what sells or doesn't sell for multiple years is extremely helpful.
We've used OneCause for some events before GS. It's just not as user-friendly. The interface the guests see isn't as nice. As an administrator, it wasn't as easy to use. One event using GS and we knew this was the platform we needed to continue on with. Taylor Burns and Katherine Sheane are another reason to continue using GS. Katherine is so knowledgeable and easy to work with. Taylor is fantastic as well.
I really love everything about GS. There are definitely things I would like to see added. Unfortunately, not being in the middle of a campaign I can't think of them right now, but I have one starting in a couple of weeks so I will remember soon. I find GS extremely easy to use as an administrator or as a user.
Sometimes, I get frustrated trying to get someone from support on the phone, however, once I do they always know the answer. I find that amazing. I love that they can show you how to do it and walk you thru it or if you're in a pinch or in the middle of your event they will just make it happen. On the day of the event, the support cannot be beaten. This is another good reason why we keep coming back to GS.
I recommend GS to everyone. I took it from one school to the next school, because in my opinion, you would be foolish to not use a platform like this. Just the idea that no one needs to be physically in the room for an event and can still participate and spend helps the bottom line. I've had one school switch from OneCause to GS because GS is superior.