GiveSmart Reviews

<a href='https://www.trustradius.com/static/about-trustradius-scoring#question3' target='_blank' rel='nofollow noopener'>Customer Verified: Read more.</a>

June 04, 2021
julie gundlach | TrustRadius Reviewer
Our organization used The GiveSmart platform in our annual fundraising efforts. We have used them to help host our annual gala— hybrid (online and live), for a couple of years, and strictly online during COVID-19. It is used primarily by 3 or 4 of us to run our silent auction during the event. It also helps with communication during the event. Using GS has created ease in auction bookkeeping, payments, and generating post-event thank you/tax letters.
  • Bookkeeping
  • Uploading items and pictures.
  • Generating thank you/tax letters.
  • Making email and text communication easy.
  • Need to add more options for video links.
  • Some information in reports could be easier to find.
  • Every year we have had at least one new contact— stability in staff would be helpful.
I find GS to be extremely helpful for our large event, managing over 200 guests and their purchases and donations. We have not used it for smaller events, because it hasn’t seemed worth it due to the fact that our people like to register by mail and directly through the website. I have not found a quick and seamless way to correlate that information, so I have not made that leap. We do hope to utilize the platform this year for the first time to do online peer-to-peer fundraising. I know it is something they do, but we have not used it yet.
GiveSmart has been pretty easy to use, and grows easier every year we use it. Their support is generally pretty good, getting back to us on the same day nearly every time— sometimes in minutes. I like the fact that their follow-up is thorough and that they are always looking to improve, asking for suggestions. As technology becomes more user-friendly, so does their site.
When we have been able to have our event in person, there has always been a GiveSmart representative on-site to help our guests and users to navigate the system. While we were online during Covid, our interactions with them via phone, email, and zoom were seamless. A representative always got back to us within the day. I would recommend GiveSmart to anyone doing a large online event.
Read julie gundlach's full review
Cindy Paullin | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use GiveSmart to facilitate a major fundraising event and a few additional campaigns throughout the year. GiveSmart is robust in features and allows us to handle ticketing, auction and instant purchase items, and marketing and communication needs.
  • GiveSmart offers supportive training videos that are easy to share with staff.
  • GiveSmart makes the deposit of funds regularly rather than at the end of an event.
  • GiveSmart is easy to use for event participants.
  • The cost vs. benefit ratio is not preventative, and is a competitive product.
  • The customer service has been terrific!
  • It would help our organization to have some flexibility in some of the fields. In particular, in the field of the Donate an ITEM button, we would like to alter the words to reflect that works of art are being uploaded to the instant buy. We would rather it say Upload Art Work.
  • Also, it would be helpful to have flexibility in the field that appears as a banner when an item is available, we would like to have a banner read, "Accepted by Jury."
We looked into competitive applications and feel that we have made a good decision based on the competitive pricing, the customer service, the ease of use for the organization and the constituents. We are glad to know there may be a way to integrate GiveSmart into our SalesForce platform.
I only left off a small amount of a scale of ten to indicate that flexibility in some fields for buttons such as "Donate an Item" and "We welcome donations" be editable by the user.
The personal support by the representatives like Amy Henninger and the IT department support by chat and email has been terrific. We are all pleased with the positive, solution-driven support we have received.
Read Cindy Paullin's full review
Dawn Larkin | TrustRadius Reviewer
We started to use GiveSmart last year primarily as a silent auction platform for an event that we switch from in-person to virtual, but going forward we will begin using the platform's full capabilities. It has been very useful for contactless uses in the time of Covid to make all participants feel safe.
  • Silent Auction items viewed remotely.
  • Push text messages to participants.
  • Easy check-out and payments for auction items.
  • Setting up pre-scheduled text messages.
  • More design options to customize pages.
GiveSmart is easy to use and ideal for virtual events and can be used for in-person events to manage the silent auction, seating charts, and check-in to the event. Being able to use the platform for unlimited events within the contract year is very useful and being able to add other users and volunteers for different levels of access is helpful as well.
I have a design background, but overall, the platform is simple to use and set up a campaign. The live chat has been very helpful when I have needed guidance or help to try to set up a section of the campaign. I will be exploring more areas of what GiveSmart offers and how best to incorporate into our upcoming events.
Our direct account manager has been very helpful with questions and demos to explain the different areas we can take advantage of. As I mentioned previously, live chat has been a great resource and all I have interacted with have been very knowledgeable. The chat transcript that is emailed is excellent for future reference.
Read Dawn Larkin's full review
Jennifer Florek | TrustRadius Reviewer
We initially purchased the GiveSmart package to conduct a virtual fundraiser for our advancement department. This is the fundraising arm of our school, which needed a quick solution for making a pivot from a traditional spring in-person fundraiser to a virtual only fundraiser. Over the course of the year, we have continued to use the platform for advancement/marketing, but now other departments have also begun to use it. This winter, our athletic department used it to run an online fundraiser where alumni could vote for their favorite coaches of school history. Athletic Department team members liked it so much, they have begun to use it as a way to register families for summer sports camps.
The main business problem it addresses for us is the ability to communicate with and perform transactions for several thousand alumni and families - we needed something easy to use, easy to make online donations and credit card transactions and easy to create several different types of events through.
  • Simple platform for average consumer to understand, register and complete purchases in support of our school.
  • Great tech support. I often use their online chat support and when we have a large virtual event coming up, we have meetings with a specified support person. They help us brainstorm and ensure our new event site is working well. In addition, we have used "day of" support for events and they are helpful in working the techie back end of the event for us.
  • The designer studio and creation portions of each event are fairly simple and easy to understand.
  • It seems like they are often adjusting and implementing changes that improve their flaws. I have noticed several positive changes in just the last year we have had it.
  • There are so many pages, screens, options, within an event that it can sometimes be difficult to know where to look for something. For example, if you want to change the text on one of your event pages, it takes some digging around to find where the original page is that you have to edit.
  • They have character limits in several areas. This can sometimes be challenging though it does make the event site look cleaner in general. We held a virtual auction and auction items can only have 30 character headings. Our administration team sometimes found this frustrating because they wanted me to have more description in the heading so registrants would click the auction item.
  • Some users have complained of issues with checkout and not being prompted to do so. They also have complained of storing their credit card information on a website.
GiveSmart is well suited for a private school that holds several types of fundraisers and events. It helps make ticketing, online auctions, online credit card payments, donations and building an event website much easier than going through a traditional school website. It provides a clean looking event website that is easy to use for most users.

It does not seem like it would be suited to a public school or a school that does not have fundraising needs.
GiveSmart is overall user friendly but when it comes to building an event site or managing an event, it is definitely more appropriate for someone familiar with curating website content and working with social media. It is better suited to someone with some tech experience. Our staff members who do not have this skill set seem to struggle more with the back end of GiveSmart.

The auction and ticketing platforms seem fairly easy to use for the average user - in our case, alumni and school families.
Every support person we have encountered from GiveSmart has been helpful and friendly. They often offer ideas that improve our events and processes. From our Zoom calls with sales staff to online chats with tech support, they seem to have a team in place that knows their product well and is good at communicating how to best use it.
Read Jennifer Florek's full review
May 27, 2021
Jennifer Wells | TrustRadius Reviewer
I am a parent volunteer and both of my sons' schools. I've brought the GS platform to both schools to use for fundraising. At both schools, we have annual galas, golf outings, smaller fundraising events, etc. I'm always pushing the school to use GS for as much as we can; there is no reason not to. It's a great tool and it's a great tool for the next crop of fundraisers after we move on.
  • The platform is amazing and helps you really understand where the money is coming from.
  • GS helps us stay organized with all the donations we receive.
  • GS is amazing in that it provides a clear and concise way for people to donate/bid/purchase items at our events.
  • The reporting that GS offers is outstanding. There is nothing you can't learn from these reports.
  • I'd like to see more flexibility in the raffle ticket sales. Sometimes we have more than 1 raffle going on at a time. I'd like to be able to see the tracking of these items separately if needed.
  • Sometimes I need to see user activity. When I try to look at it, it constantly logs me out and when I log back in- I'm in my account looking at my activity. I find this annoying. I can go another way to find the User activity, but it shouldn't log me out.
  • I would like to be able to start a new display on the day of my event. Sometimes we want to see how much money we can raise in, let's say 10 mins, but if have already had some donations come prior to the event—these show up in my display. I don't want people seeing that right then—I want a clean display to start my quick fundraising. Does this make sense?
  • I'm not in the throes of a campaign right this minute, but I know I have more to add. I just can't remember right now.
I recommend GS to everyone. I took it from one school to the next school, because in my opinion, you would be foolish to not use a platform like this. Just the idea that no one needs to be physically in the room for an event and can still participate and spend helps the bottom line. I've had one school switch from OneCause to GS because GS is superior.
I really love everything about GS. There are definitely things I would like to see added. Unfortunately, not being in the middle of a campaign I can't think of them right now, but I have one starting in a couple of weeks so I will remember soon. I find GS extremely easy to use as an administrator or as a user.
Sometimes, I get frustrated trying to get someone from support on the phone, however, once I do they always know the answer. I find that amazing. I love that they can show you how to do it and walk you thru it or if you're in a pinch or in the middle of your event they will just make it happen. On the day of the event, the support cannot be beaten. This is another good reason why we keep coming back to GS.
Read Jennifer Wells's full review
Michelle Munro | TrustRadius Reviewer
I joined our Rotary Club in June of 2020, during the lockdown phase of the pandemic. The club is small and they had always had 1 large fundraiser, a wine tasting during the holidays. With the pandemic, many of the folks thought we wouldn’t be able to raise money. I was made Director of Fundraising and with my committee’s assistance, one of whom owns a restaurant and lounge, we ended up selling sponsorships and wines.

We needed a platform to make sales online and to track and display ads for our sponsors. GiveSmart was perfect. We ended up making close to $15,000 more than we had hoped for.

We are going to keep the platform for this next year and are planning a few fundraisers that can be handled entirely online and a few that will involve in person aspects now that the pandemic is lifting. One will be a concert in which we can sell tickets using the platform, another will be similar to the wine sale but will also add an in person wine tasting event.

Although I am the primary user, I do register a couple of other members to be administrators, for back up. Their tech savvy levels vary, but it is a user friendly platform and what isn’t easy, you can find a video tutorial, or write up in the help section for it. The staff are also excellent at getting beck to me quickly if problems arise.
  • Provide a platform for self help to purchase items
  • Allows a lot of personalization to make the web page consistent with our Rotary brand.
  • The interface is easy to use and provides plenty of options to get help if needed.
  • We trust the vendor they use for credit card processing.
  • There are no hidden fees or “gotcha” moments with this company.
  • Sometimes the wording in a help subject, or video uses a different title of a section, or instructs you to use a tool that is labeled differently on the site itself. This is rare and has never completely stopped me, but it can be confusing at times.
  • I wish I could upload pictures or images that are larger than what they have the limit set to. This has been a problem several times.
  • I wish I could use the platform as a Customer Relations Database and add to it for a user fee. I don’t want to contract with another group to do this and we are using Excel.
I really like it for the ease of use from the customers’ perspective. When we did our wine sales, people noted no problems with utilizing the platform. We were able to develop questions that were mandatory for a buyer to answer, so we addressed the age restriction and let Ehm know ID would be checked upon delivery.

The one hiccup we had was around giving someone a refund. Unfortunately I don’t remember the specifics, but because she had donated a sum of money and made a purchase, putting it through twice, it was a challenge.

I like that we can let supporters choose to cover the credit card fee themselves, as a further way to support us. That’s a nice feature. We can make that required, or take the option away. As I said, it is really easy to personalize how your group wants to do things.
It’s great as it is, but I would increase the score if it could be a CRM also.
I have never waited more than a business day for a response to a question, concern, or contractual question. I purchased credit card swipers and they responded very quickly for that, also. GiveSmart handles things very professionally.
Read Michelle Munro's full review
Jessica Kaleta | TrustRadius Reviewer
The Development Office uses GiveSmart for our events, texting campaigns, and other fundraising (for example we are currently selling commemorative sweatshirts). GiveSmart made it easy for us to pivot from in-person to virtual fundraising. It assists us in being able to set-up a website for any fundraising campaign and quickly sending out mass texts to our constituents. We use GiveSmart for event registration and on-line auctions.
  • User friendly website design.
  • We have a great relationship with our CSM, Dana.
  • The new scheduling of texts messages is a great feature.
  • Worked well with our LiveStreaming platform for a seamless virtual gala.
  • Emailing campaign admins when items are purchased and/or money is donated.
  • Availability and knowledge of tech support in a timely manner.
  • More design options would be nice.
  • Editing auction items in GiveSmart is not the easiest.
I think GiveSmart is an ideal platform for a golf tournament, an in-person gala, and other fundraising events. Texting or email campaigns can be tricky. Our events are typically under 300 people so I cannot speak to larger events.
I am not a graphic designer, communications specialist, or marketing person, yet I feel confident that I can create a great campaign website using GiveSmart. A website that is user friendly. There are few things that I cannot do while using GiveSmart.
I love our CSM, Dana, however she has not always been our CSM and her technical support person has not always come through for us in a timely manner. I have used the Resource Center, the Help section, the chat feature and still some of our pertinent questions have still gone unanswered (through no fault of our CSM). Many of the tickets we have summited year after year have yet to be addressed by GiveSmart.
Read Jessica Kaleta's full review
Amber Berkey | TrustRadius Reviewer
GiveSmart is currently used by the Philanthropy department, for fundraising purposes. Its primary use has been for our annual Gala, especially as we needed to host a virtual gala in 2020. We have used the Silent Auction, Raffle, Registration & Ticket Sales, Sponsorships, and "Buy Now" functions. We are anticipating adding additional campaigns to fundraise among employees, utilizing GiveSmart's Champion pages to allow for crowd-sourced fundraising. GiveSmart allows us to have ongoing fundraising throughout the year via technology such as text to donate and text to bid. It provides excellent reporting features and tracks all event revenue sources.
  • Customer Service- We have a dedicated customer service representative who schedules a standing meeting with us each month and is available any time in between. They share best practices, campaign examples from other nonprofits, and will do live, hands-on training.
  • Reporting- The reporting capabilities from the system are easy to use and are very thorough. I can provide access to my finance team for their records and export easily to share with the Executive Team, event committee, and import into our donor database software.
  • Communication- GiveSmart has email and text features to communicate with guests, and provides a timeline for communication to guests with pre-populated texts to maximize engagement.
  • GiveSmart can and should add additional software that it can interface with. While there is the capability to export information (and then import into eTapestry, our donor database) it would be much more efficient if it interfaced directly.
GiveSmart will work well for events- both in-person and virtual. It has all features needed to execute a successful event. I have not yet used GiveSmart as a landing page for donations to our organization, because it does not interface into our donor database. This would be ideal as the campaigns are easy to set up, replicate, and customize.
GiveSmart has a learning curve, as does all software. However, the resources and unique customer service they provide will walk you through everything you need to know in a reasonable amount of time. The settings and setup of a campaign are logical and graphically pleasing, easy to integrate into your organization's website.
I have not experienced customer service like GiveSmart in the fundraising profession before. They truly go above and beyond with live training, recorded training, webinars, peer-to-peer advice and best practices, and one on one personal check-ins with your assigned representative. I have never asked a question that did not come with verbal instruction that was then paired with written instructions and video examples as well.
Read Amber Berkey's full review
Jamie Flaws | TrustRadius Reviewer
Hope Chest uses Givesmart as our event portal as our ticketing, donation, and auction platform. It is used by nearly all of the team at Hope Chest to manage event fundraising.
  • Extremely easy to use interface
  • Good reporting for financial transactions
  • Superior customer service
  • Integrating all event attendees into one centralized dashboard vs. per event
GiveSmart is highly flexible - you can use it for [a] simple registration and check-in, to full-scale galas with complex order forms, onsite upsells, live auctions, seating management, and more. They even make their own staff available to assist in onsite event registration and auction checkout.
It is very flexible and easy to use.
Excellent - they are immediately responsive.
Read Jamie Flaws's full review
Lindsey Smith | TrustRadius Reviewer
Simmons College of Kentucky used GiveSmart as a streaming and online bidding platform for an event that our Office of Development and Community Engagement held. We were looking for a solution to help us with ticketing guests, collecting guest information, hosting an auction, and streaming the event. The GiveSmart software enabled us to do that. Currently, we are not using it cross-departmentally, though we hope to find new uses for the software.
  • Online Auction Hosting - They make holding an auction super painless!
  • "Single Screen" Streaming - Stream your event and allow access for participants to donate/bid during, without clicking away!
  • Table Management - You can easily assign tables to any user and even send an email/text alerting participants of their table number.
  • Personalization of Your Webpage - I wish there were more options to customize the look and feel of the campaign's webpage.
  • Custom Link - I understand there might be no way of getting around this, but some of our donors did not like the long links to the event page or presentation page.
  • Adding Users - Currently, there is no way to import users into GiveSmart. Which did end up creating an issue for us as we have corporate donors who did not purchase tickets, but still needed to become a GiveSmart "user."
GiveSmart is perfect for those hosting an event that they want to stream or that has an auction. The software can ticket guests, manage their seating arrangements, check guests in and out with easy payment options, etc. I can't say enough how fantastic of software this is! However, you may want to use caution if you have guests attending who are not planning to purchase a ticket but do plan to donate/bid/stream. You want them in the system, so you have to put them in manually instead of just importing them, which kind of stinks.
GiveSmart is one of the most user-friendly software applications I have ever used. When you first log in, it gives you these red dots over each hyperlink that tells you what you're about to click on and how the feature is used. There are also instructions everywhere you look that guide you in the right direction.
GiveSmart offers live chat to all of their technical support team. You may also call the hotline. In our case, we paid for additional support by adding a customer success manager. She was pretty useful in helping with things outside of the technical and knew a lot about events. GiveSmart also offers technical support for the day of your event, so you're not the one running the software and worrying about hiccups day of the event.
Read Lindsey Smith's full review
May 18, 2021
Susan Fleming | TrustRadius Reviewer
GiveSmart is used by our Philanthropy/Fundraising dept for our gala fundraising event. We use it mainly for the silent auction feature and for ticket sales and sponsorship sales.
  • Online silent auction
  • Ticket sales
  • Table seating
  • Text messaging and giving options
  • More features to customize the home page
  • More reports, especially those that can be customized
  • Ability to customize donor info in [the] silent auction - ability to create custom fields for us to track more info about our donors who give items for the silent auction
[GiveSmart is] best at silent and live auction and ticketing. Could be better by having a home page that is more customizable. In the past, we have created a separate landing page for our event so that we can really customize it with lots of pictures that drive home the theme, add in photos of meal selections, have a preview video, add photos and descriptions of Live auction items and links to live auction item donors. This had improved a lot over the years and this year we will actually just use the GiveSmart as our home page, but to me, it does seem like it still looks a little basic compared to one designed specifically for an event.
Great for silent auction/live auction & gala events. Not so great as a general fundraising page creator, or to add simple fundraising forms to our website.
The support has been great over the years. Agents respond quickly and are helpful with answers. The ability to have GiveSmart helpers at my event has been invaluable and this gives GiveSmart an advantage over other [platforms]. Having an event manager to work with through the process is [an] exceptionally good feature.
Read Susan Fleming's full review
Lynsey Weaver | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are using GiveSmart for most of our virtual and hybrid auction & event registration needs for our fundraising efforts.
  • Easy to set-up for the auction
  • Easy to use for users
  • Customer Service is very responsive and supportive
  • Better way to merge items uploaded that later want to package together
  • Better instruction on when promoting multiple of an item to separate those on the screen from those auction items. Such as gift cards or wine pulls
Wish when we move into our new database CRM for this info to sync with our Fundly Non-Profit Easy system.
Find it very easy to use except for when you forget your login and trying to bid last minute.
Most of my experience was helpful, but the person sent in person our first year changed everything last minute showing up, and the other items we sold that night were half of what we raised. I was not there to tell her we will not change everything and so impacted our bottom line.
Read Lynsey Weaver's full review
Karen Bowden | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it to build our event sales, auctions, and financial needs. We use it for ticket sales, auction items, messaging during events, and event records. It is used by several of the employees across the organization. It addresses the need to have all components in our events in one customizable software program and enables us to keep financial and other records separate.
  • The software is very customizable for your specific needs.
  • The help desk is very responsive.
  • The event messaging system keeps our sponsors updated.
  • I would like to see the app stay open longer so users don't have to re-sign in.
  • I think the first time window should say create an account rather than sign.
  • The auto assigned user and passwords are too long.
  • We had some internet/wifi issues and the "Oh Snap" came up but the person was still charged and sometimes twice when they tried again.
I've only used it last year for our two golf events, and I feel it was well suited for those. This year we will use it for golf and gala events.
I like how we can build our event needs using the software. I would like to see the "Oh Snap" issue resolved and and easier sign-up/sign-in process simplified.
The support team is very responsive and helpful.
Read Karen Bowden's full review
Deb Settle | TrustRadius Reviewer
The entire organization uses GiveSmart for our texting and online auctions.
  • Texting our members
  • Online auction
  • Visibility to sponsors
  • We are happy with all aspects of GiveSmart
  • Communication with the company answering any questions
  • The ease of using the application
I have older people as part of our organizations that can be challenged with technology and even they have no issues in using GiveSmart.
Again. this is one of the strong points.
Read Deb Settle's full review
Joan Szczepanik | TrustRadius Reviewer
Nordson used the GiveSmart platform for our annual employee giving campaign. We had to quickly switch from in-person events to online due to COVID-19. Multiple locations within the United States used the site to hold events and online auctions. This product was used by our production and office employees to raise funds for our communities.
  • Ease of set-up.
  • Ability to track users use of the platform.
  • Ability to communicate to users via text message.
  • Translations of the site to other languages.
  • Customer care kept blaming issues on user error. There was no way to share my screen when I had an issue that I needed resolved. Sometimes trying to communicate your issue in words in slower than just showing the issue.
  • Being able to interface your site within our employee giving platform to avoid multiple log-ins for employees.
GiveSmart is well suited for fundraising events that heavily rely on online auctions or raffles. It allows users to easily interact with the system online via computer or smartphone. It would be less appropriate for employees that did not trust entering credit card information online or did not have a smartphone.
You do need some knowledge of HTML coding in order to utilize the site to it's fullest potential. It was helpful that GiveSmart provided and still provides webinars on best practices. It allows use to learn from others.
Dealing with random customer support was AWFUL. However, reaching out directly to staff within GiveSmart allowed us to have a few challenges solved. At one point it took over 24 hours for customer support to return our request for help.
Read Joan Szczepanik's full review
Anne Houston | TrustRadius Reviewer
We initially used GiveSmart for a virtual event during the pandemic. It was successful so we now offer the option of donating through GiveSmart and it has been very beneficial.
  • List and organize event.
  • Easy donation procedure.
  • User friendly.
Overall, it has been extremely successful for us on many levels. It was our first experience using this type of service and we are most satisfied.
Easy to use and I am NOT tech savvy!
Very user-friendly and I am NOT technology savvy! We have had a very good response for donors trying to make donations. We used it for our appeals, Giving Tuesday and random donations via our website.
Read Anne Houston's full review
Stephanie Betts | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it for our virtual and hybrid fundraising events in our development department. We found it extremely helpful when our in-person events were canceled due to the pandemic.
  • Provides a smooth user experience.
  • Attractive online auction presentation.
  • Easy to learn.
  • Design center isn't always so easy to navigate.
  • Do not love the standard font.
  • Additional video platforms would be helpful.
  • Event platform integrated into main page.
I'd be very likely to recommend the platform to a colleague who is doing a virtual or hybrid fundraising event; not sure I'd recommend for a strictly in-person event as live functionality doesn't seem so useful.
It was easy to learn to build out the page for a non-technical person and gave our bidders a smooth experience, even our elderly bidders.
The support's been pretty good. There can be long wait times for in-platform chat support and the knowledge base isn't as built out as I'd like it to be. I'd love step-by-step instructions and best practices for building out an event, specifically a golf or tabled event that requires a little more structure.
Read Stephanie Betts's full review
Andrea Thomson | TrustRadius Reviewer
In the past year, GiveSmart has been used twice: first to facilitate an online auction, art sale, and holiday gift sale; and second as a fundraising vehicle for our chemistry lab. In the past, it has been used to host a silent auction for our annual gala. Currently, I am the sole user of the platform, but it has been used by another administrator and volunteers of our gala within the Advancement office. It is an excellent platform to share with our community.
  • As a silent auction platform, it is easy to use.
  • Updating content and adding images is simple.
  • Generating sales reports and data analysis is as easy as clicking a button!
  • Updating the donation tab is not as simple as I had hoped.
As a silent auction site and "instant" item sale site, it is excellent. I have not yet used GiveSmart for anything other than what it's best suited for. So I have been pleased. If a buyer does not have a credit card, payment is difficult.
Overall GiveSmart is easy to use, but even for those who are computer savvy there are elements that are not as easy to implement as they could be (i.e.; text to give, donation tab).
The GiveSmart team is extremely helpful, both by email and in person! I can't commend them enough.
Read Andrea Thomson's full review
Patricia Daly | TrustRadius Reviewer
GiveSmart was used for our very successful Mother's Day Virtual Auction event. It is used by Hour Development Department for fundraising efforts. It helped us to create a Mother's Day online event in place of Hour in-person luncheon.
  • Catalog the auction items.
  • Automate the event once it goes live.
  • Tech support is very responsive.
  • Reports are a little convoluted.
  • Doesn't capture all donor info in the format needed to move to our CRM.
  • Individual fundraising pages are not connected to auction and don't receive credit for friends/family who participate in auction.
  • Need to connect to Instagram.
Overall, the program is great to use for an online auction. Hour Children is looking at using it for monthly auctions through Hour thrift shops.
Made Hour event engaging and easy to implement.
GiveSmart support team was responsive and helpful in getting us up and running and answering questions throughout the use.
Read Patricia Daly's full review
May 27, 2021
Kristin Culp | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use GiveSmart to support various types of fundraising activities, including galas, auctions, Day of Giving and special projects. It is only used within the Development Office. However, the data analyses that come from the reports it produces are shared with the school's leadership team for planning purposes. It also assists us in expanding our prospect database.
  • Extremely user-friendly. We get compliments from users/attendees.
  • An amazing assortment of reports are generated in real time, and the reports can be exported to Excel.
  • Setting up an event is very intuitive. But if you need help, the customer support is amazing, including live and taped webinars, videos, and quick personal responses from customer service staff.
  • The ability to send messages to events users (attendees) by email or text is very helpful.
  • We have exceeded our fundraising goals in every event where we have used GiveSmart.
  • I have recommended GiveSmart to many of my nonprofit colleagues.
  • I would like to have an assigned liaison who would be my primary contact.
It is very helpful in tracking donations, ticket sales, item donations and payments. If you can used a spreadsheet like Excel, you will have no problems getting set up with GiveSmart. I am not tech-savvy enough to use all of its features, but it is well-worth our investment.
I was very nervous when I started the set-up process, but after watching a few of the videos, I became genuinely excited, and confident I could do this. Most of it I have been able to do intuitively, but the customer support for questions is outstanding.
There are several types of support to choose from: live and recorded webinars, videos, written instructions, and prompt, courteous personal chats. Don't worry about having to figure out anything on your own; they have your back!
Read Kristin Culp's full review
May 26, 2021
Emilie Knud-Hansen | TrustRadius Reviewer
While GiveSmart is obviously good at what it does, it is not designed for a small community non-profit. It offers an excessive amount of information that has no bearing on a small group like ours. I sought out one of your customers, the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, to find a company to help us put on an online auction. Our events are always in-person, but that changed with the pandemic. My cochair Karen Starkey and I learned as much as we could in order to put on the auction, and it was a huge success, thank you! But it was extremely labor intensive for an organization that is unlikely to merge membership information.
  • Has the right categories under "users" with an opportunity to edit.
  • Compile statistics on practically minute-by-minute basis.
  • Instant emails to the auction bidders....a few thought they were misleading.
  • A variety of templates for communication. We didn't really use them, but appreciate them.
  • As mentioned, I would love to see a GiveSmart version that helps "little" non-profits with event-planning and fundraising.
  • Not clear the difference between a donor and a user....the event donors should be separate.
  • There was no way to list an auction item that had two or more donors. There should be a way to enter info about additional donors so they are included in the right database.
  • Because of the above, 175 emails went out after the auction, but were intended only for the winners....we might have goofed, but it wasn't clear.
For a large nonprofit business or service, I think GiveSmart would be a great way to merge membership with fundraising events and such. There is an obvious advantage to track a member through all stages of support, from donations to participating in an event. Even large for-profit businesses would be well-served by the way the software organizes people, places and things...including employees and clients.

Again, a small Maryland county library, as incredible as we are, can not make enough use of GiveSmart of justify extending our one-year agreement unless, God forbid, we are forced back into the virtual world. Books do not sell well online!
If a basic computer illiterate like me could make it work, I would call it very user-friendly.
They were always there when we needed them!
Read Emilie Knud-Hansen's full review
Richard Cassis | TrustRadius Reviewer
DIFFA Chicago uses GiveSmart for our fundraising events to reach our audience during the pandemic and also as a supplemental and experiential platform through the years at live/in-person events.
  • Provide our organization with a robust user platform for auctions, voting and general fundraising.
  • The team at GiveSmart has been there for us with answering questions, tech support and exploring new technology and interfaces.
  • We receive good follow up after our events.
  • As a digital communicator it would be nice to see the interface "look" even more professional.
  • I imagine that you are working on this, but it would be great to see more flexibility in the user functions which would accommodate our needs and work process during events.
As mentioned before, the team has always been willing to give us more and more features and work with us to customize usability.
Great support and care and attention to the details.
Read Richard Cassis's full review
Scott Guinn | TrustRadius Reviewer
Sarasota Opera uses GiveSmart as a tool to help in fundraising events. We purchased it to support our virtual 2021 gala and will likely use it to support our in-person 2022 gala as well as a couple other smaller events throughout the year.
  • Customization of event site is fairly decent, although with some areas that could be improved.
  • Support is very helpful.
  • The product is very good for the price.
  • The sections of the event site that have character counts don't always display what the count is, and none of them tell you how many characters you've used or how many characters different formatting takes up.
  • Better reports...right now there are too many reports. A reporting system that prioritizes quality over quantity would be better. An aggregate report might be useful. I know our staff had to run several different reports to put a picture together.
  • Integrated communications need a lot of improvement. GiveSmart cannot tell you if an email sent from within the platform was delivered or not. So, if you're using GiveSmart email to communicate with your donors, you don't know if you're reaching everyone. We found this out the day of our event, which caused unneeded stress. There also needs to be a confirmation step before an email sends.
The platform is well suited for in-person events and can be molded, to a certain extent, for virtual events. We gave our viewers two options to watch (GiveSmart and YouTube Live) because the viewing experience within GiveSmart is okay, but not great.
It is user friendly, but could be tightened up a bit. The help area is very useful, well resourced, and easy to use.
No real complaints about the support we received. They were quick to respond and we felt like they listened to us.
Read Scott Guinn's full review
Jennifer McGinn | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use it for event management and fundraising. It helps us organize our donors, auction items, and execute both live and virtual events. We have used the ticketing function, live auction, silent auction, and raffle.
  • User interface.
  • Scalability.
  • Real time editing.
  • Reporting.
  • Campaign management.
  • Donor management.
It is well suited for large auctions with a volume of silent auction items and number of bitters and bids. It does a good job of organizing images and enabling donors to search through auction items.
Everything is rather intuitive, and relatively easy to use and troubleshoot.
Support has been good and responsive. Account management has not been as responsive. Many times items that we consider as bugs or issues are actually how they system intended so we have recommended areas for improvement.
Read Jennifer McGinn's full review
Kelley Likes, MBA, CFRE | TrustRadius Reviewer
We are utilizing GiveSmart as a bidding and registration platform for two gala events. In the past, bidding was difficult and our donors weren't able to split their attention between our program and bidding on items. This allows people to register easily and bid from where they're at. It also helps our staff organize items, organize attendees and create a more streamlined experience.
  • Event registrations.
  • Auction cataloging.
  • Mobile bidding.
  • Sometimes table assignments disappear from attendees, making it difficult.
  • Some errors at registration.
GiveSmart does a good job at providing a good experience for donors who want to bid on a plethora of items in a silent auction. We've experienced some issues with table assignments being missing from attendees after assigning them, which makes registration sometimes confusing and hard on our staff. Unfortunately, this has caused some headaches the day of the event.
GiveSmart does a good job with most things. Our only issue was the table assignments and people being removed from their table assignments for reasons we couldn't figure out.
The staff at GiveSmart are very helpful and responsive. Sometimes within minutes.
Read Kelley Likes, MBA, CFRE's full review

What is GiveSmart?

GiveSmart™ is a mobile friendly online fundraising management platform designed to maximize and accelerate donor impact via event/campaign management tools, mobile donations, auction management, peer-to-peer, and secure payment processing for a single fundraising campaign or all year round fundraising. The vendor states their mission is to help nonprofits and organizations reach their fundraising goals while creating an engaging, exciting, and easy giving experience for their donors.

GiveSmart Screenshots

GiveSmart Video

Are you looking for help with fundraising for your cause? GiveSmart has easy-to-use technology that makes fundraising beneficial and fun!

GiveSmart Downloadables