Overall Satisfaction with GiveSmart
Nordson used the GiveSmart platform for our annual employee giving campaign. We had to quickly switch from in-person events to online due to COVID-19. Multiple locations within the United States used the site to hold events and online auctions. This product was used by our production and office employees to raise funds for our communities.
- Ease of set-up.
- Ability to track users use of the platform.
- Ability to communicate to users via text message.
- Translations of the site to other languages.
- Customer care kept blaming issues on user error. There was no way to share my screen when I had an issue that I needed resolved. Sometimes trying to communicate your issue in words in slower than just showing the issue.
- Being able to interface your site within our employee giving platform to avoid multiple log-ins for employees.
- Improved our tracking efficiency to track participation.
- Allowed us to bring on newer ways to fundraise.
- Allowed an easier way to collect payment through credit card.
You do need some knowledge of HTML coding in order to utilize the site to it's fullest potential. It was helpful that GiveSmart provided and still provides webinars on best practices. It allows use to learn from others.
Dealing with random customer support was AWFUL. However, reaching out directly to staff within GiveSmart allowed us to have a few challenges solved. At one point it took over 24 hours for customer support to return our request for help.
I think that we were able to match the feel of our brand. I loved how customizable the platform was to use. Again, you have to have some form of knowledge of HTML coding to help.
GiveSmart is well suited for fundraising events that heavily rely on online auctions or raffles. It allows users to easily interact with the system online via computer or smartphone. It would be less appropriate for employees that did not trust entering credit card information online or did not have a smartphone.