Overall Satisfaction with GlobalMeet Collaboration
GlobalMeet is the only IT-approved and authorized web conferencing software at my organization. We use it for internal and external meetings. GlobalMeet helps us address connecting with our internal employees. We're a global company and in the headquarters office, less than one percent of all employees work here, so it's critical that we use this solution to be able to connect and share ideas and content anywhere and everywhere.
- the connect-me function is outstanding! I never have to dial into a conference call.
- It works as soon as it loads. As the company standard, we're not waiting to download plugins or anything else in order to get going.
- The share a file option is great for collaboration
- The option to take over screen sharing is kind of slow. That could be a bit quicker
- The whiteboard could be a little nicer. Reminds me of Paint on old computers.
- I wish it were easier to gather your recorded meetings. I don't like having to login and wait for a download.
- I'm not responsible for the budget in this area, so I'm not sure how to answer ROI.
- I'm sure that it has reduced the need for travel because we can collaborate easily.
We have been using GlobalMeet exclusively since I started nearly five years ago. Sometimes others might use WebEx, which seems like it takes forever to load and there's always something to download. I've used join.me on occasion, but our IT department has unblocked it certain locations and blocked it at others, so it's uncertain whether or not that (less robust) tool is available when we need it.
It's really well-suited for internal and external meetings. I've never experienced a GlobalMeet with more than 100 people, so I'm not sure how the system would handle that large of a webcast. If you were to go with a live webcast, I would recommend using iMeet instead of GlobalMeet for confidence in the functionality and ease of use.
GlobalMeet Collaboration Feature Ratings
Using GlobalMeet Collaboration
- reduce amount of travel associated with global teams
- have a standard software that's easy to use
- Allowing power users to have their own URLs and consistent conferencing numbers