GlobalMeet Audio provides consistently clear and professional audio conferencinghttps://www.trustradius.com/web-conferencingGlobalMeet CollaborationUnspecified6.2371012016-03-10T16:13:08.615Z
March 10, 2016
GlobalMeet Audio provides consistently clear and professional audio conferencing
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with GlobalMeet Collaboration
iHeartMedia is using GlobalMeet for audio conferencing across several divisions. In my role with our digital division we use GlobalMeet Audio regularly for conference calls across at least four offices. It makes it simple to have consistent conference lines that are always available for a particular user or group. Since we typically assign a conference line to certain "power users" it makes it easy for them to remember the dial-in/passcode information instead of needing to look up this information for every call throughout the day. The audio quality has always been great and we've never had a call drop out or have to hang up and dial back in due to audio quality like we have with some other vendors.
- Consistent dial-in and conference lines instead of these changing for each call you set up. Consistency makes the information easy to remember and quick to add to meeting invites.
- Post-conference recap emails help you collect data on who attended, how long they were dialed-in, and their phone # in case you need to reach out to them again for follow-up.
- Audio quality is excellent. We've never experienced connection issues or dropped calls like we have with other vendors.
- There are a lot of shortcuts that can be used on the line to mute/unmute lines, record the audio, request operator assistance, etc. However, these are difficult to memorize so we end up forgetting or relying on a print-out of the shortcuts that we keep near our desks. I wish there was an easier way to use these such as voice commands.
- In the post-conference email recaps you get the phone numbers of those who dialed in. However, it can be difficult to know who these numbers belong to unless you remember the direct #s for the participants. I wish there was a way to save contact info for certain phone numbers within the system and let GlobalMeet add the names to the numbers for all future post-conference emails.
- Consistently clear audio conferencing without the need to ever switch to a different line, hang up and dial back in, etc. The audio conferencing performs perfectly and consistently which cuts wasted time at the beginnings of meetings.
- Keeping the same dial-in and passcodes for audio conferences helps our power users save time by not needing to look up dial-in information for each conference. They can quickly remember the information and dial-in to the same line for each of their meetings throughout the day.
GlobalMeet has better audio conferencing services than FreeConferenceCall.com in my opinion. We've often had trouble dialing-in with those conferences and we find the "This conference provided by FreeConferenceCall.com" announcement a bit embarrassing and unprofessional at the beginning of meetings. GlobalMeet is not free like FreeConferenceCall.com or Skype but I believe you get what you pay for and the quality and clarity of their lines is worth the cost and gives them the upper hand.
I would recommend the service to anyone who is in need of consistent, clear, and professional audio conferencing. I think PGi and GlobalMeet are clearly one of the leaders in the space. The only knock against the services are that they can be expensive long-term contracts where you're more likely to pay for more than you use. I believe smaller organizations or those with less of a need for audio conferencing may benefit by a pay-as-you-go plan which in my experience PGi has not offered.