Overall Satisfaction with Google Classroom
Google Classroom is being used within the Affton Schools as one of two learning management systems available to the teachers. My building, the middle school, predominately focuses on using Google Classroom to post, turn in and grade assignments. I utilize it as a means to organize the daily posted math assignments and to post writing activities for my social studies classes. It makes sharing resources with students a breeze.
- I can organize individual assignments in a stream, similar to Facebook, and pin the assignments that are a priority to the top of this stream.
- It eliminates the, "I lost my homework" statements from students. They will always have the assignment, whether it is an essay, workhseet, documents to view, images, videos, etc.
- Google Classroom allows for an easy stream of communication about an assignment between the teacher and the students. I create a master assignment that I then push out to all students in Google Classroom. This allows me to pop into their work and see their progress and make comments as they are progressing.
- Google Classroom would be greately improved if a drop down menu was added that allowed assignments to be grouped under teacher created Units. Currently assignements are dispalyed in one long chronological stream.
- Google Classroom works great on a computer but the iPad app has missing functionality. For example, you can not sort students alphabetically on the iPad like you can on a computer.
- Currently, Google Classroom only shows the assignment as submitted late in the assignment feed. It would be greatly improved if it also included the date submitted.
- Increased homwork completion and comprehension.
- Eliminates lost or forgotton assignments.
- Better communication to parents of what assignments are assigned and when they are due.
I absolutely love Google Classroom as a learning management system for my history classes. I no longer have to try and interpret the poor handwriting of some of my students. For math, I have found that it is most useful for posting homework but I do not like having my students scan in or submit math work to me online.
Using Google Classroom
50 - Education