Grammarly is great!
May 22, 2021
Grammarly is great!
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Grammarly
I use Grammarly daily for everything from emails to entire funnel write outs. Sales pages, email promos, VSL's... THIS review. You name it, it goes through Grammarly. It's a chrome extension and it automatically "grades" your copy as you write it making it really simple to edit for any grammar mistakes and clarity.
- Grades copy and all writing
- Points out grammar mistakes
- Give suggestions for fixing your writing
- Sometimes when writing sales copy, good grammar weirdly isn't the best way to write. For example, you want to write like you are part of your audience, and often times that means using slang or idioms that may not "make sense" to Grammarly. It can be confusing sometimes to figure out whether it is actually your writing that doesn't make sense or if it just doesn't compute with Grammarly. I'm not sure if this specific thing would be something you can improve on, rather just something to get used to.
- Free version is great but I'd love to have a "free trial" into the paid version
- Making sure tedious items like commas, semi colons, and other punctuation is correct.
- "Grading" the copy on a scale of 1-100
- Telling you the tone that it is picking up: "optimistic" "serious" or "Hard to read"
- This can't really be measure directly, but the copy that I've edited with Grammarly has helped produce $100,000's across dozens of businesses in several different industries.
Hemingway is a free website that you upload copy to. It highlights sentences that are hard to read or need correcting. Grammarly is [similar] to this but something that Hemmingway has that Grammarly doesn't is a grade-level rating. Especially for sales copy, depending on the market, you want to speak to a grade level that most audiences can understand. Usually, this is around grade 4. It's nice to have this feature right off the bat without having to guess.
Do you think Grammarly delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Grammarly's feature set?
Did Grammarly live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Grammarly go as expected?
Would you buy Grammarly again?
I already touched on some of this but it's great for everything from personal emails to website copy, to Video scripts... you name it. Where it may not be so great is if you writing copy that may require you to use slang, it may pick it up as a mistake whereas that's just the writing style.