Overall Satisfaction with Heroku Platform
Heroku is a fantastic online hosting resource for use in small projects. The workflow is great for trial and error learning, and getting used to pushing and pulling using Git. I've used Heroku to deploy social media bots and other Python scripts. The documentation on various pipes and addons required to get your project up and running are also well documented and easy to follow.
- Free Option is great for people just learning or wanting to make simple apps
- Very easy to create several environments for your app in no time with exact clones
- Documentation is easy to follow and full of tutorials
- If you're not careful, you can easily create an expensive app by accident.
- Inconsistant experience with all the other add-ons. Some are not documented well.
- I've been able to create chat bots and call bots to help streamline questions and requests our company gets. I use Heroku to host the Python scripts and scale up the server if we get high volume.
Heroku is great for learning to code and learning how hosting works. I've used Heroku for a few different projects ranging from python chat bots, to small websites. Heroku is an app host, not a webhost, so i would not use it to host or learn web development. For small-scale apps and prototypes, Heroku is super affordable, even I hosted many of my apps in free plans.