Overall Satisfaction with IBM Cloud Object Storage
Overall, IBM Cloud Object Storage is a good option to go for, as it is implemented with S3 APIs. I have solved problems related to downloading users' demand files directly to Object Storage. However, there are some improvements that need to be done in IBM COS like folders. IBM COS does not give you the ability to create folders in a bucket. Although it is not a big problem, it would provide more convenience.
- Greate user experience. Easy to learn and implement through well developed WebApp.
- Archive policy will help to reduce storage cost.
- Free 25GB storage in the lite plan will give a chance to anyone to get started with it and learn.
- Folders feature is missing in a bucket. It will help to organize files of a particular project in a single bucket.
- Initially, we started with a free tier. So, it is very cost-effective and users are happy with the product implemented with IBM COS.
- Amazon S3 (Simple Storage Service) and Google Cloud Storage
As I have mentioned earlier IBM provides free 25GB storage to start with. So, I was experimenting with a new solution to implement in our product. Therefore, it is good to start with a free plan and reduce costs. Then, I found IBM COS as a good fit for my projects.
Overall, IBM cloud object storage is really well suited for any project that needs to store files such as images, videos, zip, PDFs, etc. For example, if you want to provide a profile picture functionality to your app's users, then Object Storage is Ideal for you to store your users' images or anything that a user submits.