Live broadcasts/recording
January 11, 2017

Live broadcasts/recording

Software Version

Streaming Manager (Ustream Pro Broadcast)

Overall Satisfaction with IBM Cloud Video (including Ustream)

We enjoy getting the quarterly update and seeing the geographic regions where people are watching our streams.
It is very user-friendly and staff are willing to explain and optimize how the platform is working.
We are using Ustream to broadcast live Q&A sessions. These are broadcast through online courses. We also use the record function of Ustream and upload the videos to the archives of the online courses.

Pros

• User-friendly and staff that is willing to help.
  • The software is updated regularly to improve the services.
  • It is compatible with a variety of platforms that our customers are using.

Cons

• We are currently implementing Chatroll along with Ustream. On Chatroll we are able to moderate comments that come in before they are visible to all people on the stream. We haven't fully explored the update of a chat window with the video, on Ustream, but it would be able to be nice to moderate comments that people type.
We have been able to streamline our live broadcasts and our ability to record and then post those broadcasts.
I do not believe we have used any other products.
We have only used Ustream for a very specific function and we are happy with what we are able to do on the platform. We would certainly recommend Ustream if other companies are looking to do similar things.

Comments

• Bob Lee | TrustRadius Reviewer
    Hi. I'm Bob with the Voice of the Customer team here at Ustream, an IBM Company. Thanks very much for taking the time to review our platform. I spent many years in the online learning industry and I think that your concept of using Chatroll with our platform is really intriguing. I'd love to pass this idea along to our Product team. While we already offer integrated chat and integrate with Twitter and Facebook, your Chatroll concept sounds like a great way to further expand our capabilities. Thanks for sharing your insights and feel free to reach out to me if you would like to discuss this further.