Unless you're looking for a complex site 'cash register,' don't waste your timehttps://www.trustradius.com/web-analyticsIBM Digital AnalyticsUnspecified7501012014-05-19T15:39:52.889Z
Updated February 25, 2015
Unless you're looking for a complex site 'cash register,' don't waste your time
Score 2 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with IBM Digital Analytics
IBM Digital Analytics was used to monitor on-site user behavior, highlight areas of drop-off across key lead capture pathways, provide direction, and historical aggregation of digital marketing initiatives and set performance benchmarks for an ecommerce acquisition channel. Away from the 'out of box' options we leveraged Digital Analytics registrationIDs to capture multi-channel attribution data, which was warehoused and frequently mined to determine the digital marketing mix, that brought successful customers to the business.
- Click pathways provided a robust way to analyze visitor pathways
- TruePath Funnels were essential to learn day over day changes through key lead capture paths
- Ability to accept and table a variety of user & registration IDs allowed us to perform off-UI multichannel analysis
- IBM Digital Analytics is HEAVILY geared towards online retailers, acting more as a website's cash register as opposed to a tried-and-true web diagnostic and analytics tool
- The support for IBM Digital Analytics was lackluster, we found ourselves often tangled in the bureaucracy that is IBM, when REAL problems occurred.
- Certainly gave us a an accurate, last click view of channels contributing to lead conversion
Much of the work we did in IBM Digital Analytics could have been answered through Google Analytics, a much simpler, agile and FREE solution set. Not mention, given the vast number of Google Analytics USERS, free and actionable support is simply a click away ... this compared to IBM Digital Analytics fractured and often absent support service.
It's better suited for sites where retail is the core of the site, but with that said, don't expect the tool to provide a holistic view on your multi-channel attribution pathways --- for this time of purview of your digital marketing blend we chose to develop our own, off-UI solution rather than paying IBM for additional modules to answer our mutli-channel questions.
Using IBM Digital Analytics
4 - Web Analytics Specialist, UAT Specialist, Software Engineer, Front-End Web Developer
2 - Knowledge of JS, AJAX, JQuery, and expert experience with the principles of Web Analytics
- Tracking ROI on marketing spend
- Highlight areas for UX improvement
- Benchmark historical performance
- Provide a blended view of the channels involved in a user's conversion cycle
- Creating an data-base centered around IBM Digital Analytic's registrationID, used to track off-site lead throughput and identify a full view on the user's marketing lifecycle