Overall Satisfaction with IBM Spectrum Protect
In the company, we have a variety of Operating Systems, including AIX, Linux, and Windows. Spectrum Protect is able to back up all of them in a single environment, and not only the OS (the basic agent is for backing-up files) but it can also backup Databases, Emails, ERPs, and NAS devices. It is an all-in-one solution for your backup needs.
- Single pane of glass for backups
- Runs in most of the Operating Sistems
- Can backup to disk and tape
- Complexity is a problem since it runs in many different environments, and each has their own particular setup process
- There is room for improvement in the "Operations Center" console
- Some of the tasks must be done in CLI
- It can be used as a disaster recovery solution when you have the right configuration (either replication or tape copies in a safe location). This way it can be a lifesaver for any company.
- It can bring back the information you need if you are hit by ransomeware.
- It is also needed if you are accounting for user error, sometimes people delete the files they need by accident and without a backup solution they are out of luck
There is room for improvement when talking about response time in the support branch.
Do you think IBM Spectrum Protect delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with IBM Spectrum Protect's feature set?
Did IBM Spectrum Protect live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of IBM Spectrum Protect go as expected?
Would you buy IBM Spectrum Protect again?
In the present, a backup solution is a must-have, but then companies start using a solution for virtual machines, another solution for bare-metal servers, and another solution for their ERP. By using Spectrum Protect you can have all of that in a single pane of glass. This way you can have a simple recovery plan for all your information assets.
If a company is looking to consolidate [its] backup solutions, Spectrum Protect is the best choice in the market. If you also need to have an air-gapped solution, Spectrum Protect has the option of sending the backup to tape (and it can also replicate the information to another site if needed).