Get your Info on Infor ERPhttps://www.trustradius.com/erpInfor ERPUnspecified7.7311012018-04-20T19:52:35.253Z
April 20, 2018
Get your Info on Infor ERP
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Infor ERP
The company uses Infor ERP across the organization. With the company being in the manufacturing industry Infor ERP allows an efficient tracking of jobs from beginning to end. The software helps managers see the costs as each job moves from raw materials to finished goods. Infor ERP helps the accounting group understand costs and make recommendations as needed to other departments.
- The accounting function of Infor ERP is designed very well and it is easy to use. From journal entries to generating a trial balance it only takes a few clicks to get what you need.
- The job tracking process within Infor ERP is easy to understand. You can view the progress of each job a number of different ways and this helps users know how close each job is to the finish line at any time.
- It is very easy to run month end processes that ensure all costs are accurate and then be ready for the next accounting period.
- Infor ERP could improve its functionality with Excel. There are ways to export to Excel but certain screens do not have an export feature.
- Infor ERP could be improved if they had more drill down options. Sometimes you have to go to a separate screen to get more detailed information.
- Infor ERP could improve on its financial statement generation within the software.
- The software has provided a great ROI. It is much easier to track performance from company-wide all the way down to a single job.
- Infor ERP helps managers assess where costs accumulate and determine ways to counteract rising costs.
- The software allows managers to see in a timely manner how the various manufacturing groups are performing.
One of the products I have used is an Oracle accounting product. I feel that Infor stands up well when comparing to the Oracle product especially for the accounting functions. In comparing it to Microsoft Dynamics I feel that Infor is easier to use in some accounting tasks. The one thing the Dynamics has going for it is the ease of use with other Microsoft Products.
It is well suited for accountants that know what information they need for accounting transactions and financial reports. It is well suited for manufacturing since the progress from raw materials to finished goods is easy to track and analyze. The software is well suited to handle individual jobs but then roll up reporting for families of products that are similar.