Reviews (1-25 of 117)
Prophix was originally purchased to solve a budget need for one of our divisions. It was then implemented across the company for all budgeting needs. Since then, we have discovered that there are multiple other uses for the software, and we have expanded over the years.
- It allows us to compile ad hoc reporting easily for execs/management.
- Monthly reports can be set up to distribute automatically.
- Setting up a report in Prophix to match something that you were doing in Excel can be a challenge sometimes. The CSP team helps us with those things though.
- Setting up data connections between Sage and Prophix can be a challenge for those of us that are not IT gurus. Prophix team has to help us out with those connections.
- Line item Detail is one of my favorite functions. It is such a simple, easy thing but helps a lot with staying organized.
- Workflows are super easy to create and make the budget kickoff effortless.
- Processes - I love being able to create a process that will flip all data from one version to the next. This is so helpful for companies like mine that do multiple forecasts per year.
- Detailed Planning Manager could be a little more precise for our purposes. I wish it could easily calculate taxes based off of employee locations.
- Detailed Planning Manger - wish I could set people up with different merit increases easily.
- I wish Prophix and Workday spoke well to each other. We have Workday for accounting and it is a chore to get data from Prophix into Workday.
- The flexibility of being able to create cubes to model your organization is a strength.
- The ability to create allocations in Prophix is a strength.
- The ability to create templates for standard reports makes producing report fast and easy.
- Fast implementation time is a plus for Prophix
- In the future, it would nice to be able to preview an adhoc query result before committing to it. Sometimes waiting for the query results to finish rendering is a pain, especially if you realize that you need to change the view once you finally see it. This only applies to very large adhoc results however. 90% of the time, the wait time is very short.
- Management of data within Prophix is easy. It's simple to load/view/delete/manipulate the data.
- Building reports and data-entry templates is intuitive and quick.
- The user interface is easily understood by all levels of users.
- We have the Continuous Success Plan, which provides 2 hours a day of phone support. It often takes a week to schedule calls. I wish I knew how how to speed that process up.
- Financial reporting- quick and very clean reports that can be easily accessed by all users
- Forecasting- simple processes that allow us to do more consistent and accurate projections
- Budgeting- great tool to budget based on historical data and also from the bottom up
- Right now, it’s more internal training that our company needs in order to fully take advantage of the application
- Due to the complexity of our model, the OLAP functionality allows me to slice and dice the data as needed.
- The implementation process and team were phenomenal to work with. It was an on-site collaborative effort in which our specific needs were recognized, then strategized and ultimately developed into our model exactly as we requested.
- The reporting functionality and flexibility in Prophix is far superior to our main ERP.
- At this time, there are not enough hours in the day to fully explore using this application to its full extent.
- Prophix is very easy to get up and running. Very little IT involvement is needed to maintain the system.
- Jobs to update the cubes can be set to run at night, so when you arrive in the morning, financial data has already been updated. During the monthly close, we also manually update cubes during the day without issues.
- Security can be set on the cube, or dimensions within the cube.
- Web version does not have the same functionality as the smart client. Prophix continues to add additional functionality to the web version, but currently not the same.
- It performs complex allocations very well
- It manages workflow planning very well when trying to complete budgets
- It is extremely flexible and scalable to our business
- It is an extremely stable software
- More graphical or charting capabilities
- Better ways to manage alternative hierarchies within the dimensions
- Better Excel interaction
- Prophix responds well to customer feedback and is able to roll out quarterly changes that incorporate customer requests.
- Allows you to view your data from multiple angles
- Support is always available to help with questions or problems
- There are some instances when Prophix takes you to an error screen instead of preforming what you wanted it to do. This [should] be fixed.
- Ease of data access - Prophix makes actual data easy to access and use in many ways.
- Streamline processes - Prophix is great at helping to streamline processes and ensure good calculations.
- Quick updates - Prophix allows for quick updates for monthly reporting, etc.
- Report templates - All reports have to be built and without proper training they can be difficult to start.
- Forecast updates could be a bit more streamlined if you had better access to updating current financial versions.
Prophix Software is very versatile, starting with it creating a web-based
platform. This was important for our company and allows the software to be
updated quarterly without issue. We are able to use Prophix for Expense
tracking, Expense and Capital planning, reforecasting, Compensation planning, Project
tracking, Expense allocation, GAAP PLOB reporting, and still have several more tasks
to implement through Prophix. The data can be sliced and diced many ways, and
each user is able to do it however they like. It is easy to create or run
existing reports. We have made many of our processes more efficient, and
Prophix has allowed us to save more time than you can imagine.
- Prophix allows non-finance employees to create their own reports so they can look at the expenses hitting their cost centers. They can view at a high level, or just click on the total to dive into the detailed transactions.
- The Prophix consultants have been very patient and are extraordinarily knowledgeable about every aspect of the software. They can always answer our questions and if they aren't sure of the answer, they talk to their engineers and get back to us quickly.
- We've had a few issues with our drill-across view being functional, but they are working to fix the issue.
- There are so many options within Prophix that at times, it can be overwhelming. I think it’s necessary to have a few Admin to create reports and assist users, so that the users do not have to know how to use everything.
are able to use Prophix for Expense tracking, Expense and Capital planning, reforecasting,
Compensation planning, Project tracking, Expense allocation, GAAP PLOB
reporting, and still have several more tasks to implement through Prophix. Prophix is not built for detailed transaction information. You are able to "drill across" to see the transaction detail, but you cannot create reports from it.
- Ad hoc reporting: This has made a significant difference in the turn around time of reporting.
- Budgeting: We were able to cut out 2 1/2 months of our budget cycle because of all of the efficiencies we gained from Prophix.
- I would like to see the ability to view reports similar to an Excel file. Within Prophix, you cannot view a report with different tabs; however, you can create a report binder that will take several different reports and combine them into one as an exported file.
- Sometimes I have wanted to be able to link one report to another, and you cannot do that in Prophix.
- Process streamline: the financial information distribution process can be automated.
- Easy design: the concepts behind the report design are straightforward, and lead to quick creation of additional reports.
- Offers cloud version: there is no issue with running updates, as they are done behind the scenes.
- Less reliance on Excel: the budget is now housed within Prophix rather than within multiple spreadsheets.
- Graph editing: for advanced graph editing, Excel is still more capable.
- With the Ad Hoc function, the ability to pull up any data, across dimensions without having to build a whole report allows for more efficient, on demand analysis.
- Being unable to zoom in and out to quickly change the view while working in Template Studio is frustrating.
- It is too easy to accidentally check/uncheck the "calculation definition varies by rule set" in model manager.
- It can be difficult and daunting to learn all the rules, limits, and functions of the program.
- Streamlines processes.
- Creates professional-looking reports.
- Let's you look/analyze data quickly and in different ways.
- Each report is custom. No out of the box reports.
- During the initial build, it will take a lot of your time. Not necessarily a bad thing just wasn't expected to be as involved as I currently am.
- Bank covenants
- Income Statements
- Cash Flows
- Balance Sheets
- Automation of the budget process and elimination of Excel.
- Easy to use reporting that enables quick filtering of data elements.
- Ability to access reporting from anywhere anytime.
- Ability to "copy" existing reports.
I plan to dust off Prophix and get back into the Personnel Planning module in 1Q19. Lots of features that I want to explore and use for forecasting purposes.
- The various dimensions allow you to "slice and dice" your data with great efficiency.
- The modeling functions are very helpful, whether planning for personnel or CAPEX.
- The Ad hoc reporting has been especially useful for quick reports.
- The functionality seems limitless. If you able to allocate resources to maximize Prophix you will not be disappointed; however, it does require some formula prowess to achieve results.
- Part of the reason I am not currently using Prophix is the process to import the data from my ERP.
- Mastering the functionality of the software takes time.
- For me, I need to be in Prophix almost daily to build proficiency.
- Update- this still holds true.
Prophix Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Prophix’s innovative Corporate Performance Management (CPM) software promises to help you achieve your goals more successfully.
Key capabilities and benefits include:
- Improve profitability and minimize risk when you automate repetitive tasks and focus on what matters.
- Budget, plan, consolidate and report automatically.
Whether in the cloud or on-premise, Prophix promises to support your future with a platform that flexes to suit your strategic realities, today and tomorrow. For more information, visit www.prophix.com.
Prophix Videos (4)
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Prophix Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||25%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||75%|
Prophix Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Prophix Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||Denmark, United Kingdom, Germany, Brazil|