Reviews (1-25 of 96)
- Prophix provides us a place to drive specific data out of our ERP into a format where it can be analyzed in many different ways (across time, across departments, across accounts, etc.).
- Prophix gives us multiple ways to analyze the data that we have chosen. Along with data entry points for items in our goals or budgets, there are also ways to use formulas of different types to project future costs or revenues based upon assumptions that you program into the system. The "What If" can be built and then switched on or off to see the changes.
- Prophix doesn't limit the types or volume of data you want to analyze. If you have multiple years of data, it doesn't slow down because you have to keep using the same formulas over and over to churn out results. The formulas are separate from the data which allows the results to flow much faster than spreadsheets.
- I think that Prophix could structure their support and offerings based upon the needs/skill level of their customers. Customers that don't have the expertise on staff could be given additional help to develop their use of the software. Those with a higher skill level could be shown the depth of the product to gain additional ideas on different ways or items to analyze. Thus, increasing their own knowledge base as a springboard for additional customers.
I plan to dust off Prophix and get back into the Personnel Planning module in 1Q19. Lots of features that I want to explore and use for forecasting purposes.
- The various dimensions allow you to "slice and dice" your data with great efficiency.
- The modeling functions are very helpful, whether planning for personnel or CAPEX.
- The Ad hoc reporting has been especially useful for quick reports.
- The functionality seems limitless. If you able to allocate resources to maximize Prophix you will not be disappointed; however, it does require some formula prowess to achieve results.
- Part of the reason I am not currently using Prophix is the process to import the data from my ERP.
- Mastering the functionality of the software takes time.
- For me, I need to be in Prophix almost daily to build proficiency.
- Update- this still holds true.
- Easy to use. Easy to set up views and templates. Runs reports for budget comments across departments.
- Integrates with Microsoft Dynamics. Allows users to drill into G/L detail
- Useful for analysis. Allows pivoting and cutting/slicing summaries and easily changing views to show leaf descendants of the members.
- Slow. Opening a new view or entering a comment often has a several second delay. Should just be instant. Running a comment report takes almost a minute.
- Limited licenses - have to juggle number of users.
- Ad hoc view does not list your cost centers in a logical order and it is not as simple as a FRX frd file where the tree of cost centers is cleanly outlined and you can drill into levels of the tree without getting lost and having to go back to a long list. Ad hoc simply has a long list of cost centers that are not in order.
- Provides a plethora of options for analyzing data, either numerically or graphically.
- Allows the user to get as granular as you like in creating budgets, and in creating mathematical relationships between related gl accounts.
- Can be applied & used across a wide range of departments. Useful for any type of data analysis whether numerical or other.
- It would be nice if it had better integration with Quickbooks. As it currently stands, you have to use a third party program to "translate" the database from QB to SQL for Prophix to import the data. I spend more time than I like validating data, but this has more to do with the limitations and shortcomings of QB than Prophix.
- The process of updating the software is rather cumbersome and involved.
Prophix implementation is being managed in two phases: the first phase has focused on descriptive uses (i.e. real-time budget reports at the department manager level, P&L reports, income statements, balance statements). The second phase will focus on predictive reporting. We plan to add data inputs from our ERP system that will allow for a more in-depth budget forecasting capability.
Our business problem was the fact that our previous financial reporting platform, Microsoft Management Reporter, did not meet the needs of the business. We found, in addition to the possibility that MMR could be deprecated just like Microsoft's previous reporting system, FRX, had been deprecated, that Management Reporter (1) was difficult to develop new reports, (2) was restricted to an on-premise solution which requires resource expenditures - capital, physical infrastructure, and personnel, and (3) did not allow for real-time updates of end-user reports.
- Prophix is web-based and can be linked to Active Directory authentication. This allows end users access to budget reports from any Internet accessible computer while still requiring authentication with your company's user credentials.
- Prophix has a "drill across" function that allows an end user to easily display transaction details for any selected line item expense. Not only is detail provided for the current billing cycle, but all YTD details are displayed.
- While the web page is a responsive web page (meaning the page size adjusts to the screen size of the device), it is not 100% responsive. This results in a less than desired user experience (in other words, accessing the web page on a phone is possible but can be a bit frustrating).
- Prophix makes monthly financial reporting easier and faster than other software I have used.
- Prophix makes personnel planning faster and more accurate than using spreadsheets.
- Prophix makes budgeting and forecasting easier and more accurate than using spreadsheets.
- Everything has room for improvement. I would like to see better graphing, but Prophix is already working on product development in this area.
- Financial reporting- quick and very clean reports that can be easily accessed by all users
- Forecasting- simple processes that allow us to do more consistent and accurate projections
- Budgeting- great tool to budget based on historical data and also from the bottom up
- Right now, it’s more internal training that our company needs in order to fully take advantage of the application
- Prophix allows non-finance employees to create their own reports so they can look at the expenses hitting their cost centers. They can view at a high level, or just click on the total to dive into the detailed transactions.
- The Prophix consultants have been very patient and are extraordinarily knowledgeable about every aspect of the software. They can always answer our questions and if they aren't sure of the answer, they talk to their engineers and get back to us quickly.
- We've had a few issues with our drill-across view being functional, but they are working to fix the issue. Other than that, I can't think of anything they should do differently.
- The Web Client is great for a distributed user base.
- The user interface is relatively intuitive and easy to work in.
- Once implemented, the system is easy to administer so IT assistance is minimal. Potentially not needed at all in Web version (depending on config/design/business needs).
- The Web Client is still being enhanced. There is certain functionality available in the on prem client that is not yet available on the web.
- Formatting templates can be tedious.
- Excel based interface is good but can be quirky when using formulas.
- Financial Reporting
- Aggregating data in logical ways
- I would have like to see Prophix take one budgeted item and follow it through all the way to the Finance Cube during implementation to verify all processes worked. Everything was discussed in a hypothetical scenario rather than actual
- Faster CSP availability
- It would be nice to be able to edit data views in templates
- Pivot table like ability to view and adjust information via ad-hoc.
- Prophix uses processes called infoflexes which are extremely flexible and enable you to easily automate very complex allocation logic.
- Provides the ability to drill into sub-detail via their "Drill Across" functionality.
- The built-in report builder is clunky and limited in terms of ability to format reports.
- The performance (on-premise, not cloud) can be slower than users would like, particularly when dealing with lots of data within DPM.
- Error messages are not particularly helpful, even for the administrators. Still have to frequently contact Prophix to understand what an error message means.
- Workflow functionality is extremely limited and minimally customizable.
- Ability to control aspects of security is limited, and requires creative workarounds in order to meet the required internal review structure.
1) Finance department, for automated consolidations and financial reports
2) Capital project managers, for budgeting and variance reporting
- Built on Microsoft SQL Server stack, which is ideal for our org as our other systems are based on the same and we can set up highly customized integrations using familiar technology.
- Robust framework for Detailed Planning of HR, CAPEX, etc. plus ability to define workflows to support custom business processes in these areas.
- In general, pace of innovation and development is somewhat slower than what I have come to expect from leading software companies. I have not seen a truly "new" idea or feature introduced in the 5 years I have been a customer, although I have no complaints about the functionality it does support.
- Prophix allows managers to review in detail their department expenses.
- Managers can write comments and line item details during budgeting that allows for detailed descriptions.
- Detailed Planning Manager is awesome.
- Prophix customer service is some of the best I have experienced.
- Slow performance with complicated formulas and lots of data.
- Sometimes does not save to cube but does not let the user know and why.
- Difficult sometimes to debug templates and processes
- Wish you could set up default page members for templates.
- Would like to see ability to use template calculation process for templates with annual time periods.
The biggest problem that Prophix addressed for our company was the consolidation and reporting of financials across our network. Before Prophix we used excel to do all of our consolidation. Prophix has made the consolidation process much more efficient and more effective.
- Consolidations -- We can easily enter data in a multi-dimensional way that allows us to analyze our data in an efficient and meaningful way.
- Automatic Processing -- Scheduled imports, currency conversion, and allocations allow for us to have the most up to date data
- Quick Ad Hoc Reporting -- The ad-hoc application allows for quick analysis and reporting
- Report building can be difficult at times, especially when moving data views, adding/removing rows and columns, and resetting data views.
- Having too many versions in the Versions dimension slows down the system a bit.
- Dashboards are available but are limited in capabilities
It would not as appropriate for tracking hours against jobs.
- Flexibility. Prophix is flexible in data sources and combining those sources for unique reporting and analysis
- Scalability. Able to process large volumes of data at scale
- Able to calculate projections based on very detailed items
- Implementation can be difficult initially since the product is so flexible
- Ongoing development can be labor intensive as well and difficult to do without hiring support
- Manipulate the data
- Financial Forecasting
- Speed when processing reports.
- The way to set up a new template.
- The license restrictions when setting up production, development and UAT servers. Prophix should have some flexibility as other ERPs.
Prophix Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Prophix’s innovative Corporate Performance Management (CPM) software promises to help you achieve your goals more successfully.
Key capabilities and benefits include:
- Improve profitability and minimize risk when you automate repetitive tasks and focus on what matters.
- Budget, plan, consolidate and report automatically.
Whether in the cloud or on-premise, Prophix promises to support your future with a platform that flexes to suit your strategic realities, today and tomorrow. For more information, visit www.prophix.com.
Prophix Videos (4)
Prophix Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||25%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||75%|
Prophix Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Prophix Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||Denmark, United Kingdom, Germany, Brazil|