Reviews (1-25 of 130)
- Flexibility to include accounts that are not part of the accounting software gives us the ability to include non-financial information on our standard reports. Examples that we use in our industry are unit count and $ volume (we are in financial services, so each product has a $ amount that is not necessarily tied to revenue).
- The way the account model is set up allows us to add accounts to all reports at once - we don't need to recreate each report just because there's a new account being used.
- The ability to slice reports on any combination of account, department, company code, etc. gives us flexibility in reporting that was never possible in FRx. We sometimes need a store-by-store report, which in FRx was never practical. In Prophix, it's as simple as dragging "StoreID" into a column or row.
- We have had some difficulty in setting up the link to our general ledger. This has led to some project delays, but we have been able to resolve all of our issues to this point.
- It's not really easy to set up a report where comparative months are in columns. We do have a report set up, but it's not as intuitive as I would like to see.
- It's really hard to think of any real drawbacks or areas for improvement, especially since Prophix is continuing to provide additional functionality with new releases.
- Prophix is extremely flexible. Anything you can do in Excel, can be done in Prophix only 100% more efficiently while allowing additional analytics that an excel version would not easily allow.
- The business processes within Prophix are easy to use and applicable across multiple types of business data. Users can analyze, flex, adjust, forecast, and use actual data to develop quick "what if" scenarios for a future time frame. Driver based forecasting becomes easy to create and monitor.
- The user interface is easy to learn. Template designers and ad-hoc analysis tools are an "Excel" like feel that provides comfort for many users. Formulas and formatting within report templates are easy to learn because of their consistency with Excel.
- Report templates can be easily bound into any type of output that is required; an Excel work book, Word document, PowerPoint presentation, PDF file, or SharePoint site. This allows for easy creation of management presentations on a recurring basis.
- Clean looking visual dashboards can be created using the template designer and charting capabilities. These visual displays are drillable, which allow you to link multiple templates into a user driven experience to start with a visual and drill into the details behind the visualization.
- Prophix is always improving their product and striving to provide those features that customers want. Prophix utilizes a feed back forum that allows customers to provide input into future features that will become available in the product.
- Items that may have been a struggle in the past have been resolved...for example, a recent release featured a re-design of the template designer. The new functionality made it easier to create template formatting and retain that formatting when adding rows or other data sets.
- Line item details per department and region.
- Sales detailed planning per SKU and item and calculations for Gross Sales and Cost.
- Detail planning per department and headcount and benefits.
- GL updates from ERP systems (we need to add the new accounts manually).
- Easy format for quick query of data and analysis through Adhocs
- Ease of use in building processes to manipulate larger sets of data
- Consolidation and eliminations process need improvement - not great visibility for audit
- Report building can be messy for formatting. Small changes can break formats easy when updating reports.
I think that the consolidation of financials is not as robust as it could possibly be. In hindsight, it might be handled better by an ERP depending on the system one is using.
- It is our one source of truth.
- It allows users to monitor their expenses as the month progresses.
- It allows the management team to monitor sales plan progress throughout the month.
- Our experience with Prophix has been very good. Any problem that we have encountered they have helped us correct it.
- Drill Across, feature that allows users to access underlying details of actuals, even with links to the actual scan of an invoice in our ERP system
- Line Item Schedule, feature that allows us to detail budget lines
- Infoflex, allows us to target specific data to test scenarios
- Cell comments are currently not able to be viewed in a report or downloaded
- It is currently not possible to copy and paste from excel to Prophix in the Line Item Details
- It is currently not possible to know what Cube you are in from viewing the report or adhoc
- Allocation of costs between departments and across divisions is made easy. Once the initial setup has been completed, the logic is applied across the company for budgeting and planning.
- Personnel planning is very straightforward and easy to maintain. All calculations are set up and applied as new personnel are added. It is easy to update rates, without having to update for each staff member individually.
- The system is very flexible for report creation. Basic parameters are required. Actual financial data is provided via a data view, rather than pulling data into the solution and storing it. This is great as it is not taking up additional storage for data that exists elsewhere.
- When clients are signed on and implementation begins, clients should be given access to Prophix Academy and told they should complete the pre-implementation training prior to starting implementation. This would provide the client with some basic structure of the system allowing them to ask educated questions throughout the implementation process.
- Given that we have only been using the system for approximately 7 months, I do not have any other suggestions for improvement at this time.
- Automate the budget process by utilizing workflows.
- Ability to drill down into the details of a line item on the financial statements.
- Mitigates keying/formula errors in spreadsheets.
- The tool is similar to Excel, however, it has some differences that take time to get used too.
- Building the model usually takes consulting hours that are an additional cost.
- Adhoc Reporting
- Ease of maintaining account dimensions in hierarchical relationships within the Data Cube AKA Model Manager without requiring too many technicalities IT department intervention.
- Adhoc Analysis provides fast slicing and dicing of information in a Pivot table style Finance users are accustomed to.
- The ability to reuse/modify existing data views to redeploy in new reports makes creating new reports easier.
- Dashboarding features and aesthetic options are quite limited compared with PowerBI.
- Template Studio (Report Designer) tries to mimic Excel look and feel but lacks many Excel shortcut keys and formatting options.
- Report loading performance may deteriorate substantially when a report template is derived from multiple data views.
They currently have a workaround for such clients for this particular scenario by introducing an Excel-Add on plug-in. What this does is it can import/export existing data views created from the cube onto a local spreadsheet. However, this feature only works for the data view, and not for Template Studio Reports, which is where the bulk of the Excel formatting/functionalities are required by users.
If clients are not fussy about the limited dashboard options and don't care too much about Excel functionalities when trying to replicate Excel-like reports within Prophix environment, then I would recommend it. Tries to replicate the look and feel of Excel but lacking.
I fumbled around a bit trying to do the opposite. The export of data from Prophix to a user's local proves a bit of an effort. They initially DISABLE this functionality and require you to submit a change request ticket with Product Adoption/Support as a safety reminder against the potential security risks of doing so.
- Customer Service
- Labor Planning Structure.
- Cash Flow Planning
- No IT needed.
- Glitches in areas like process manager.
- Not overly customizable.
- No offline user for cloud customers.
- No Microsoft integration.
- Not able to make data connections without Prophix.
- Ad hoc reporting: This has made a significant difference in the turn around time of reporting.
- Budgeting: We were able to cut out 2 1/2 months of our budget cycle because of all of the efficiencies we gained from Prophix.
- I would like to see the ability to view reports similar to an Excel file. Within Prophix, you cannot view a report with different tabs; however, you can create a report binder that will take several different reports and combine them into one as an exported file.
- Sometimes I have wanted to be able to link one report to another, and you cannot do that in Prophix.
Prophix was originally purchased to solve a budget need for one of our divisions. It was then implemented across the company for all budgeting needs. Since then, we have discovered that there are multiple other uses for the software, and we have expanded over the years.
- It allows us to compile ad hoc reporting easily for execs/management.
- Monthly reports can be set up to distribute automatically.
- Setting up a report in Prophix to match something that you were doing in Excel can be a challenge sometimes. The CSP team helps us with those things though.
- Setting up data connections between Sage and Prophix can be a challenge for those of us that are not IT gurus. Prophix team has to help us out with those connections.
- Line item Detail is one of my favorite functions. It is such a simple, easy thing but helps a lot with staying organized.
- Workflows are super easy to create and make the budget kickoff effortless.
- Processes - I love being able to create a process that will flip all data from one version to the next. This is so helpful for companies like mine that do multiple forecasts per year.
- Detailed Planning Manager could be a little more precise for our purposes. I wish it could easily calculate taxes based off of employee locations.
- Detailed Planning Manger - wish I could set people up with different merit increases easily.
- I wish Prophix and Workday spoke well to each other. We have Workday for accounting and it is a chore to get data from Prophix into Workday.
- The flexibility of being able to create cubes to model your organization is a strength.
- The ability to create allocations in Prophix is a strength.
- The ability to create templates for standard reports makes producing report fast and easy.
- Fast implementation time is a plus for Prophix
- In the future, it would nice to be able to preview an adhoc query result before committing to it. Sometimes waiting for the query results to finish rendering is a pain, especially if you realize that you need to change the view once you finally see it. This only applies to very large adhoc results however. 90% of the time, the wait time is very short.
- Management of data within Prophix is easy. It's simple to load/view/delete/manipulate the data.
- Building reports and data-entry templates is intuitive and quick.
- The user interface is easily understood by all levels of users.
- We have the Continuous Success Plan, which provides 2 hours a day of phone support. It often takes a week to schedule calls. I wish I knew how how to speed that process up.
- Financial reporting- quick and very clean reports that can be easily accessed by all users
- Forecasting- simple processes that allow us to do more consistent and accurate projections
- Budgeting- great tool to budget based on historical data and also from the bottom up
- Right now, it’s more internal training that our company needs in order to fully take advantage of the application
- Due to the complexity of our model, the OLAP functionality allows me to slice and dice the data as needed.
- The implementation process and team were phenomenal to work with. It was an on-site collaborative effort in which our specific needs were recognized, then strategized and ultimately developed into our model exactly as we requested.
- The reporting functionality and flexibility in Prophix is far superior to our main ERP.
- At this time, there are not enough hours in the day to fully explore using this application to its full extent.
- Prophix is very easy to get up and running. Very little IT involvement is needed to maintain the system.
- Jobs to update the cubes can be set to run at night, so when you arrive in the morning, financial data has already been updated. During the monthly close, we also manually update cubes during the day without issues.
- Security can be set on the cube, or dimensions within the cube.
- Web version does not have the same functionality as the smart client. Prophix continues to add additional functionality to the web version, but currently not the same.
Prophix Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
Prophix’s Corporate Performance Management (CPM) software promises to help users achieve goals more successfully.
Key capabilities and benefits include:
- Improve profitability and minimize risk when you automate repetitive tasks and focus on what matters.
- Budget, plan, consolidate and report automatically.
Whether in the cloud or on-premise, Prophix promises to support the user's future with a platform that flexes to suit strategic realities, today and tomorrow. For more information, visit www.prophix.com.
Prophix Videos (4)
- Does not have featureFree Trial Available?No
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Prophix Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||25%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||75%|
Prophix Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Prophix Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||Denmark, United Kingdom, Germany, Brazil|