Reviews (1-25 of 158)
- ONU has benefitted by moving away from a centralized, Excel-based budget process by implementing Prophix to a decentralized process that engages budget managers in the development of the University's budget.
- Prophix offers tremendous flexibility in reporting that is not available through our ERP system.
- Prophix is very adaptable to many different types of industries. Its flexibility and adaptability is one of its biggest strengths.
- The ability to set up workflows for a variety of tasks within Prophix is very beneficial for tracking purposes.
- Prophix is very Excel-like in its functionality. It would be nice to see Prophix adopt some additional Excel functionality in its product
- While the workflow process is helpful within Prophix, I would like to see some additional functionality added
- Automating processes.
- Flexibility of design. You can easily make changes.
- Efficiency. It save lots of time.
- Designing reports could be more streamlined
- It could run faster
- Capacity to scale can be an issue
- Automates repetitive tasks
- Allows us to analyze hundreds of thousands of lines of data within seconds
- Streamlining budgeting processes that cut down on the human error aspect
- More flexibility needed in dashboard chart design
- More flexibility in how accounts roll-up (children added together = parent total; sometimes I need to average the children to get the parent, but that is not a current feature)
- I wish ad hoc analysis was available for standard users
- Prophix helps tremendously with the budgeting process. It allows scalability when we add new programs. The flexibility of Prophix allows for an accurate and efficient budgeting process.
- Prophix does an excellent job at building data integrations, which helps feed the most recent data into Prophix with no manual processes.
- Prophix's customer support team is amazing and is always willing to help you build more functionality into the product as time goes on and additional needs are identified.
- I can't identify any areas where Prophix has room for improvement. The product works great!
- Budgeting and forecasting; it's built with a workflow and input capabilities to make these 10X more efficient than through collecting spreadsheets.
- Reporting financial results; it's vastly improved our reporting capabilities, both in terms of looks and ease of use for the end-user, and the capability to distribute them on a much quicker basis.
- Their dashboard capabilities are very impressive; we use this on a regular basis as well, and I'm regularly tweaking the dashboard for different parts of the organization.
- Some Excel feature aren't available in their templates, or are a slightly different format.
- I'd love to see template reporting be able to focus in on specific cross-combinations.
- The dashboard graphs aren't as flexible as excel graphs.
- Prophix platform creates a more open and collaborative budget process
- Real time reports identify customer service issues quicker
- Real time reports are custom to the decision maker and his direct reports
- The web based platform is readily accessible
- Would like to see more Cloud 365 abilities
- Prophix online learning should be more available to all the users with subscription
- Prophix could have more interactive choices within the reporting platform ... a distributed dynamic "read only" type report for Decision Makers with multiple responsibilities ... a PDF type report with drop down choices that auto upload the read only report.
- Reporting output is excellent - what you see on the screen will print the way you see it or if you send it to excel, it will look in Excel like you view on the screen. This saves time from having to manipulate reports.
- It is easy to navigate and find what you are looking for. The learning curve was less than I have experienced with other software and the training was great so that I understand how the software works. This is helpful when trying to configure the software to your needs.
- Their process manager works well for moving and copying data from one cube to another. We changed our department numbers in our ERP and so I had to create the new departments in Prophix and move the data to these departments and delete the old one. It was a bit of a process to setup but running the process went well and accomplished the task.
- Prophix doesn't do well when it comes to balance sheet and cash flow budgeting. Their support staff doesn't seem to know much about them either, so you have I have had to try to figure a lot of it out myself.
- Drilling in to find details of a number you have in a report is difficult and time consuming. When you analyze it pulls up all the data in your report and then you have to find the number you want more detail on to explore more there. Rather than just pulling in data that pertains to the number you want to explore. However, they do have drill across and for some reason this didn't get setup in our install. This is supposed to help but I have not used it yet.
- Copying a budget is cumbersome and time consuming. In my previous software all I had to do was click copy, select a few options, and it would copy ALL the parts of my budget and create a new one. Prophix has so many pieces I have to update or copy each piece, so it is quite a process create a copy of a budget. I like to create a copy of a budget, make a few tweaks and I have a new budget fairly quickly.
We have not been using Excel for budgeting but just for a supporting tool.
Prophix is being used for our financial reporting, planning/forecasting and hopefully on down the road for dashboards, detail sales reporting, etc.
The finance department is the main user of prophix, however, line departments are asked to input plan and forecast data for review and consolidation.
Prophix allows us to maintain current and historical data that was previously being handled by excel spreadsheets. Monthly consolidation of multiple entities, planning and forecasting are now done more quickly with detail and commentary that can be made part of the record.
- Financial reporting and consolidations - flexible!
- Planning and Forecasting - detail planning for headcount, capex, fixed assets, etc. and department mgrs. can input data.
- Ad Hoc Analysis - ability to slice and dice data and drill down to transaction level.
- Prophix needs to have a better interface with Excel for downloading, uploading, and analysis of data. Moving to the cloud (SaaS) and using web client solves this problem.
- Report writing with smart client has a long learning curve, web client may be better but we are just getting started with web client.
- Due to its flexibility Prophix requires dedicated training and use of consultants for implementation.
We actually set up a new chart of accounts in prophix, which is different from our legacy system due to how bad it was initially set-up. We have automated the mapping and integration of data from our main system and use flat file uploads from Excel templates for consolidated entities. Automating the import of data from our main system required an investment in time and resources on initial implementation. This is not a product you can have your IT team install and set-up! Things are running smoothly now that IT does understand how the staging of data occurs. Flat file uploads from consolidated entities is quick and simple.
- Line item Detail is one of my favorite functions. It is such a simple, easy thing but helps a lot with staying organized.
- Workflows are super easy to create and make the budget kickoff effortless.
- Processes - I love being able to create a process that will flip all data from one version to the next. This is so helpful for companies like mine that do multiple forecasts per year.
- Detailed Planning Manager could be a little more precise for our purposes. I wish it could easily calculate taxes based off of employee locations.
- Detailed Planning Manger - wish I could set people up with different merit increases easily.
- I wish Prophix and Workday spoke well to each other. We have Workday for accounting and it is a chore to get data from Prophix into Workday.
We have found that without a proper forecast, it’s hard to maintain budgets or accuracy on expected revenue and profit on each of our projects. That is where Prophix steps in as we are able to sync it with our other databases and software.
- Ease of use and understanding.
- Submittals process for review.
- Flexibility for organizations.
- Older versions had issues with syncing and slow down during loading times.
- UI is fairly basic.
- Sometimes items UI items can be left up to interpretation, which can muddy data we get back.
It would be less appropriate for simply using like a spreadsheet without a bunch of predetermined formulas and data being pulled from our database.
- Budget process streamlining.
- Customer Support - top notch and responsive.
- Once you get the hang of template creation and understand how Prophix cubes are structured, creating reports is a breeze.
- Having their employees understand financial consolidations and how to accomplish it either within Prophix or our ERP, and ensuring everything ties out.
- We've had some struggles with Implementation Consultants giving us bad guidance and costing us time and money. Stuff that was easily preventable and should have been caught ahead of time rather than after.
Works great for budgeting and reporting. Most users use the web client because of the dashboard availability, which is great but also limited. I do look forward to Prophix expanding the dashboard capabilities in the future as there are many improvements that can be made, but they are off to a good start.
At this point I would not recommend doing consolidations in Prophix.
- Personnel planning allows you to plan employees and burden rates in a detailed way
- Reporting--flexibility and customization of data within reports
- Security and permissions for users is customizable to the department and account level
- Budgeting/forecasting--taking this process out of Excel saves time and money
- Investment in training during implementation
- Improvements to the software have been focused on things we don't use
In addition, we use the Detailed Planning Manager to track payroll expenses by person and by department. It assists us in tracking employee turnover costs and to manage our expenses throughout the year. It allows us to calculate payroll tax from a variety of different countries.
The Ad Hoc function gives us the flexibility to "slice and dice" the data in numerous ways to provide quicker analysis.
- The number one reason that I love Prophix is the customer support. Each person that I have come in contact with has been pleasant and most helpful. They will not quit until the customer is completely satisfied.
- Cost analysis - the flexible design makes it easy to perform all sorts of analyses quickly.
- Managing personnel costs due to employee turnover.
- Calculate payroll taxes - Prophix database is a lot easier to manage than an Excel spreadsheet.
- Reporting options are limitless with Template Studio. Prophix frees us from standardized reports that may not be appropriate for our business. We are able to tailor reports to our specific needs.
- We love to be very accurate with our payroll costs and the personnel module that we built will not allow us to terminate employees mid-month.
- Combining data into meaningful reports
- Scheduling of reports to auto-generate and send PDF's to the users.
- Consolidate financials
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- It can be a little difficult to learn and slightly confusing when creating reports.
- New product releases can sometimes use additional testing before being released.
We have just started using Prophix to review our customer profitability. It allows us to analyze each customer and how we can improve their profitability and in turn the companies profitability.
- It allows us to compile ad hoc reporting easily for execs/management.
- Monthly reports can be set up to distribute automatically.
- Allows us to get more people involved in the planning/re-forecasting process
- Setting up a report in Prophix to match something that you were doing in Excel can be a challenge sometimes. The CSP team helps us with those things though.
- Setting up data connections between Sage and Prophix can be a challenge for those of us that are not IT gurus. Prophix team has to help us out with those connections.
- in-person training
We also use Prophix to help our Clinical program with their productivity reports. Prior to using Prophix, they were using very cumbersome process using excel. They also had very limited functionality for the reports that they were using. Now they are able to see details and the data in graphical format which is appealing to everyone!
We also use the Dashboarding functions for our monthly and quarterly meetings. This has replaced another excel based cumbersome process. The dashboards allow users to look at the big picture to understand operations and then can drill down as needed to the areas that need more focus.
- Multi-tiered Allocations
- Variance Analysis
- Budget Streamline
- Non financial data analytics
- Security & Workflow
- Dashboarding: ability to be able to filter within the dashboard and have all dashboards change at the same time.
- Reports can be slow to open.
It's also well suited for non financial data analysis. We are able to conduct a rate variance and unit variance in the same report which is extremely helpful to explain the big picture.
Speaking of big picture, Prophix can provide you with the tools to showcase the data in a big picture format (Dashboards) and also provide the tools to narrow down the areas that need more specific focus.
We have increased end used collaboration and accountability.
We have decreased our month end close due to being able to run multi tiered allocations much quicker.
We have the ability to really understand both big picture and fine detail because we spend less time creating data and reports and more time analyzing.
- Flexible--reports on almost anything in any format
- Powerful--analyzes huge volumes of data, deals with lots of complexity
- Great customer support and community/forum of users
- Big investment in time and training
- Length of time to fully understand, implement, and realize benefits
- Software-specific jargon
Prophix was originally purchased to solve a budget need for one of our divisions. It was then implemented across the company for all budgeting needs. Since then, we have discovered that there are multiple other uses for the software, and we have expanded over the years.
- Multiple users can enter information.
- Intuitive product.
- Esthetically pleasing.
- Could be faster for complex templates with complicated formulas.
- Updating time periods could be made to be easier.
- Graphs are okay, but could be nicer.
Less appropriate for complex statistical analysis. Also, graph visualization could be nicer.
Data is housed efficiently and it is easy to drill down and do analysis.
Interface is easy to navigate. However, if there are users who do not like to learn a new software, Excel templates can be available.
Data is housed efficiently and it's easy to do ad hoc analysis.
Prophix is very easy to use and it has a nice interface.
- Ease of data access - Prophix makes actual data easy to access and use in many ways.
- Streamline processes - Prophix is great at helping to streamline processes and ensure good calculations.
- Quick updates - Prophix allows for quick updates for monthly reporting, etc.
- Report templates - All reports have to be built and without proper training they can be difficult to start.
- Forecast updates could be a bit more streamlined if you had better access to updating current financial versions.
Prophix allows us to maintain historical financial reports -- both actuals and budgets/forecasts. It is the main "hub" for our annual planning process, and is considered as the source of truth when it comes to company financials.
- in-person training
- Personnel Cube allows you to well budget for employee related expenses - salaries, bonuses, etc.
- CapEx Cube helps to track capital purchases was well depreciation and amortization.
- Personnel Cube is also a good tool when there are a lot of new hires activities.
- When updating data, sometimes I forgot to put zero's in the account which no longer needed to have values. With "replacing existing" feature, I assume those accounts would automatically become 0, but they need to be assigned with 0's.
- It is hard to apply seasonality for sales trend, the formulas are not easy as Excel.
- Sometimes it is hard to identify the errors since the downloads are values and hard to trace back the formulas.
Prophix Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
What is Prophix?
Prophix’s Corporate Performance Management (CPM) software promises to help users achieve goals more successfully.
Key capabilities and benefits include:
- Improve profitability and minimize risk when you automate repetitive tasks and focus on what matters.
- Budget, plan, consolidate and report automatically.
Whether in the cloud or on-premise, Prophix promises to support the user's future with a platform that flexes to suit strategic realities, today and tomorrow. For more information, visit www.prophix.com.
Prophix Videos (4)
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Does not have featureFree or Freemium Version Available?No
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?Optional
Prophix Customer Size Distribution
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||0%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||5%|
|Enterprises (> 500 employees)||95%|
Prophix Support Options
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Prophix Technical Details
|Deployment Types:||On-premise, SaaS|
|Operating Systems:||Windows, Mac|
|Mobile Application:||Mobile Web|
|Supported Countries:||Denmark, United Kingdom, Germany, Brazil|