Overall Satisfaction with Informatica Cloud MDM
We are using Informatica Cloud MDM to facilitate the mastering of our account data. We just recently decided to move to Informatica Cloud MDM from our previous, third-party, MDM tool. I was not a part of the decision to purchase Informatica Cloud MDM, but I am part of the core team of 7 who are implementing the solution. We are using Informatica Cloud MDM to achieve several functions:
- Find duplicate accounts.
- Merge those accounts.
- Enrich account data with information from Dun and Bradstreet.
- Consolidate accounts where possible to minimize storage overhead.
- Highly customizable functionality via their web interface or via Salesforce Apex code.
- Their 'out of the box' account manipulation jobs required very little modification from our team. What modification that was required, was very simple and straight forward thanks to their details and intuitive configuration screens.
- Their concept of Task Flows (a scheduled or on-demand job) leaves a bit to be desired. While one is able to perform very basic operations and lookups within this interface, it is extremely limited. For our particular implementation, we had several account fields that required both an expression as well as a lookup to be done, but in the Task Flows you are only able to do one or the other, not both. Informatica provides another option, which is a Mapping, which is far more customizable, but due to its complexity, caused a significant increase in development time.
- I cannot speak to this for 2 reasons. 1. I am not privy to the financials associated with this implementation or the previous one. 2. We have not hit our 'go-live' for this implementation yet to compare it's performance to our previous solution.
I was not a part of the decision to choose Informatica Cloud MDM so I cannot speak on this topic.
For organizations where their data mastering is fairly standard and requires very little customization, Informatica Cloud MDM is an excellent solution. I believe in this scenario, the organization should be able to 'hit the ground running'. However, if your organization requires a highly customizable solution for your data mastering, prepare yourself for a long dev cycle. I'm not saying that Informatica Cloud MDM would not work for these organizations because it is working for us. What I am saying is be cautiously optimistic about the time it will take for you to implement the solution.