Reviews (1-2 of 2)
January 07, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
Informatica MDM is used in our organization to manage data from multiple sources and present it back to the general user base in a usable clear single platform that users can interact and discover in. Its a simple interface for the user, but a tremendous effort on the back end. That Informatica MDM is able to handle everything we need it to on daily basis.
- Gather data.
- Manage data.
- Present data to the user.
- Correlate data.
- Data manipulation.
- Setup is complicated, involved months and sometimes years to set up and tune.
- Maintenance is complicated.
- Clustering could be a pain.
Read this authenticated review
Not many products like this exist, due to the tremendous effort needed to get them off the ground, but for data mining this product is perfect!
May 27, 2016
Score 8 out of 10
Informatica MDM is used by our organization to synchronize data between our legacy customer relation management system and our new customer data management system, Salesforce, as we did our initial implementation of Salesforce. We sourced data from the legacy system, used the tool to identify the best version of the truth for our customers and to cleanse associated addresses. We then published the master data to Salesforce. We also used the tool to keep the systems in synch. When changes occurred in one system the data would flow into our master data management hub, and based on the trust and validation rules, the master data would be updated. All CRM systems were updated with the master data.
- Allows you to implement detailed business rules to apply to your data.
- Works well with any ETL tool, but especially well with Informatica PowerCenter.
- Provides a browser based interface to facilitate ease of use.
- Mapping within the tool can be difficult. But that is slated for upgrade with the next version.
- Many detailed screens for the developer interface. This makes it hard to find options sometimes.
- Address validation sometimes leads to incorrect results. This is my biggest issue with the product.
Read Brian Randolph's full review
I think Informatica Master Data Management is well suited for identifying the best version of the truth for master data. It provides a means to easily set trust and validation of multiple source systems to fine tune the resultant master data. It is by far a leader in the master data management space.
Informatica MDM Scorecard Summary
About Informatica MDM
Informatica MDM is an enterprise master data management solution that competes directly with IBM's InfoSphere and Oracle's Siebel UCM product. The product has about 200 licensed users. Informatica MDM is a multidomain solution with flexibility to support any master data domain and relationship—whether on-premises, in the cloud, or both.
Categories: Business-to-Business Middleware, Data Cleansing, Data Integration, Master Data Management (MDM)
Informatica MDM Competitors
Informatica MDM Technical Details