Overall Satisfaction with Joomla!
We've been offering a web hosting platform that supports Joomla since it's inception. Our customers like the fact that they can click a button and have our system automatically install Joomla for them. Joomla is one of our most popular apps and is one of the most user-friendly apps available right now.
- It is easy to use for most people.
- There are lots of extensions available.
- A wide variety of developers are able to expand Joomla due to it's open-source PHP code base.
- Joomla could be better if it offered automatic updates out of the box.
- Joomla could benefit from better documentation.
- Requiring plugin vendors to auto-update would be wise as well.
- Positive: Support of the Joomla platform is surely one of the many reasons people choose to host with our company.
- Negative: Joomal like any other web app that is not updated frequently can get hacked. This causes additional support overhead for our team. Introduction of native auto-updates would help prevent problems for the end user and hosts alike.
Joomla is well suited for people with average to advanced [experience] looking to build a DIY website. If someone were looking for an app to do just that, I would recommend Joomla and a handful of others.