The best pdf suite on the market
Updated January 15, 2022
The best pdf suite on the market
Score 10 out of 10
Power PDF Advanced
Overall Satisfaction with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)
Nuance/Kofax Power PDF is being used daily in my company for anything related to work with pdfs in the legal sector: producing bundles, preparing and signing off correspondence, OCR scanning, etc.
- Outstanding security features (including "flattening" tool).
- UI and tools organisation is convenient and allowing to work faster.
- Stable and reliable tools for working with batches of documents.
- Decent conversion and OCR tools.
- I sometimes find it difficult to use bates numbering tool as an errors comes up often when trying to remove existing pagination.
- It would be great if there was a an option to change size and position of the icons in the UI. For instance, rotation and view mode icons at the bottom are somewhat small.
- The outlook plugin which I use for converting emails into pdfs is very limited. It would be great to have functionality allowing to convert emails/attachments and set some auto-naming options (e.g. putting the document's date as a prefix or using a name given to the converted email as a prefix for its attachments).
- The limitation set for a number of downloads of Kofax pdf from the website is a considerable drawback. Any user wants to be able to download and install the app anytime and as many times as required.
- The search tool would benefit from some advanced options.
- Huge time savings.
Nuance PDF was not easy to use as the UI was not well organised, however, the latest version of Kofax allows to work fast and with no stress.
Adobe Acrobat, Foxit, ABBYY Fine Reader
I have never had any issues big enough for seeking assistance from the support. Also, how-to videos prepared by Kofax team are helpful.
Do you think Kofax Power PDF delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Kofax Power PDF's feature set?
Did Kofax Power PDF live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Kofax Power PDF go as expected?
Would you buy Kofax Power PDF again?
Kofax Power PDF is well suited for all scenarios except for instances where fine OCR scanning of foreign languages is required or for converting tables/pdf spreadsheets into MS Excel or Word.
Using Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)
20 - My firm uses Nuance/Kofax PDF daily as their main PDF software for the whole variety of applications. Senior members of the firm mostly use some basic functions, and, this software is preferred for its speed and reliability. Juniors and administrative staff also use more advanced functions such as editing and bundling.
1 - I cannot recall an occasion where support was actually needed. Once Kofax PDF is installed - it is flawless and stable.
- lag-free document view
- editing and converting documents
- producing and organizing document bundles
- OCR scan of documents
- the document comparison function proved to be very accurate
- the document conversion quality is above any expectations
- collaboration in creating pdf documents
- creation of templates
Hands down, the best pdf solution for heavy users on the market. The most important demands of professionals is reliability, speed and all-in-one functionality. Kofax PDF is truly irreplaceable here, the other pdf solutions may be better is some specific applications, but overall, nothing comes close in terms quality.
Evaluating Kofax Power PDF and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
- Product Reputation
My firm started using Nuance PDF before I joined. I understand that the choice was made on the basis that it had become a professional standard some years ago and that the price for functionality offered was and is outstanding. Moreover, the set of features of the software covers absolutely all possible work-applications.
Kofax PDF is a solution for professionals and corporate users. However, I purchased one for my personal use at home too, and I think there is no better pdf software for private users too. I noticed that various reviews available at the time on the web missed out an important point - Kofax PDF is in no way hard to use nor does it require any special skills to use and, therefore, should be recommended for home use too.
Kofax Power PDF Training
- no training
I can confirm that UI of Kofax PDF is more than straightforward. Simply clicking through functions and give it a go would be sufficient for learning the majority of its functions. There is a search field for quickly picking up tools which I find very helpful. As for occasional difficulties, the training videos on Kofax's website clear up all questions.
Integrating Kofax Power PDF
For the basic applications used my by firm, the integration was automatic (a part of the installation process) and works well.
- MS Outlook
Kofax PDF provide an plugin integration for using it with MS Outlook + it can be automatically used with iManage. The integration allows to save time on converting and printing documents, and, generally assists document management.
- File import/export