Overall Satisfaction with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance)
Power PDF's major use at Valency Consulting LLC is in invoicing and expense report generation with some use in pulling content from archived PDF PowerPoints for reuse. The ability to insert pages directly from a scanner along with easily moving pages around are major pros of the software. The integration with the context menu in Windows File Explorer makes it a breeze to combine files into one document making quick work of combining multiple receipts into expense reports.
- Combining multiple PDFs into one file using the context menu in Windows File Explorer really speeds up my workflow.
- Scan in content directly from a scanner is a great feature.
- Redaction tool sure beats blacking out text with a marker.
- The software update process is a bit clunky with a separate app to check for updates and update frequency is very long.
- The help content doesn't address the security features.
- It isn't a 64 bit application.
- Significantly reduced time it takes to prepare expense reports for reimbursable expenses.
Most of the features in Power PDF are intuitive to anyone who has experience with Office 365 as the menu structure follows the same format. Only some of the more advanced features will send you to the help files such as Form creation and use.
Do you think Kofax Power PDF delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Kofax Power PDF's feature set?
Did Kofax Power PDF live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Kofax Power PDF go as expected?
Would you buy Kofax Power PDF again?
The features I use most often are:
- Import from scanner.
- Combine files using the File Explorer context menu.
- Rearranging pages using the Document Assembly feature.
- Editing text in a PDF.
- Placing a stamp on a PDF.
Power PDF is a great tool for those who need more than just a PDF viewer. It's a full-featured application supporting myriad PDF editing capabilities such as redaction, editing text, placing stamps i.e., PAID, and much more. Being able to output PDF documents as MS Office documents is a big plus that will save you tons of rework.