Already recommended Kofax to 3 people
August 12, 2020

Already recommended Kofax to 3 people

Software Version

Power PDF Advanced

Overall Satisfaction with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF)

I run a solo law practice and use Kofax daily. I regularly convert documents in other formats to Kofax, utilize the form-creation tool, e-signature tool, and document assembly.
  • Create fillable forms.
  • Convert other file types to PDF.
  • Auto-assemble documents with tabs/categories for easy searching of multiple-hundred pages.
  • Takes a little while to get used to the functionality because it is so robust.
  • The toolbars can be confusing at first (not-intuitive).
  • The Help menu tutorials seem outdated.
  • I've saved time from tedious paperwork that is no longer tedious, allowing me to focus on my billable work.
I stopped using Adobe products primarily because I was CONSTANTLY being marketed to, both via email and through the products I already paid for. They were always trying to upsell me and get me to subscribe to more monthly/annual payment plans. I am sick and tired of ridiculous software subscriptions and would much rather make a one-time payment for "native" software that is not running in the cloud.
The Help tutorials could use a lot of beefing up. They are not all that helpful. I found better help on YouTube videos posted by random users.

Do you think Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF) delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF)'s feature set?

Did Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF) live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF) go as expected?

Would you buy Kofax Power PDF (formerly Nuance Power PDF) again?

Legal work, accounting and financial work, and even parent paperwork from school. When less-sophisticated users send forms to fill out and sign that are just simple Word documents that contain no fillable fields, which is common for paperwork coming from children's school, I quickly take 5 seconds to convert them to Kofax PDF documents so that they are usable. I will never again print a document only to fill it out and sign it with a pen, then scan it and email it. I don't have time for that. Government forms (e.g. new hire paperwork) that have yet to be converted to modern PDF forms are also well-suited for Kofax PDF. I've used it for those purposes as well.