Is there even any other visualisation tool?
December 02, 2020

Is there even any other visualisation tool?

Simon Whight | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with Lucidchart

Absolutely--you'll be up to speed dragging and dropping in no time. There is little to no upskilling required here.
Lucidchart is a simple visualization tool for the architecture department used for visualizing network infrastructure or business processes. It solves the problem of the clunky experience of Visio by allowing us to quickly create documents that are easily sharable.
  • Simplicity
  • Great out-of-the-box components
  • I would love to see more SalesForce shapes; very AWS orientated at the moment
  • Quicker and easier to make documents than on Visio, so improved productivity.
The SalesForce integration wasn't so hot. Try to pull in an object schema and it looked absolutely horrendous. That needs refining so that you can be a bit more discerning around what fields you pull in. Right now, it's all or nothing.
I have not had to use it.

Do you think Lucidchart delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Lucidchart's feature set?

Did Lucidchart live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Lucidchart go as expected?

Would you buy Lucidchart again?

Using Visio feels like the old world of application vs. web app. You spend more time fighting the interface rather than just simply creating. I like Lucidchart because my time spent making a picture of whatever it is I'm trying to spell out is short. The lighter the touch I have to have on a tool, the better.
Quick to get up to speed and using. The freemium model allows a try before you buy. If you're trying to model something visually, definitely start here.