Microsoft Visio Reviews

Do you work for this company?

TrustRadius Top Rated for 2019

Aaron Baker profile photo
Microsoft Visio is being used at Duquesne Light Company as our process flow mapping tool. It is used to illustrate processes, dependencies, data flow, network diagrams, etc., in our organization. I personally use it more for process flows when designing new solutions for my internal customers. It allows users a way to visually depict how processes flow.
  • Visio is integrated with other Office suite products which is nice.
  • It is user-friendly. It doesn't take long to figure out how to get up and running while also providing advanced users options to add the bells and whistles they want.
  • The variety of standard templates is large and there are lots more custom templates you can download too.
  • It is an expensive license. I believe it's $500/person.
  • Not available for Mac/Linux users
  • Can't publish to certain web applications easily.
Visio is well suited to any medium to large organization where you can negotiate a good price for the licenses. It is well suited to any organization with users familiar with the MS Office Suite and who need a process flow designer tool. Overall, it's easy to use and very helpful for visual learners.
Read Aaron Baker's full review
Amy Sternin profile photo
At our company, we use this within the product development group (part of the technology team). We use Visio to produce various swimlane type diagrams, workflows and flow charts, which in turn are presented to management and business teams, as well as used to generate user stories for development. We have also used Visio for org charts.
  • Visio provides a number of templates and a good selection of symbols and shapes to use.
  • The number of features and functionality is pretty robust, so you are not restricted in your ability to create with Visio how you visualize you want the results to be.
  • It is a commonly used product, so sharing with others is easy, plus since it integrates with other Microsoft products, that is helpful as well.
  • I find it not very intuitive, and that is after using it for a number of years.
  • I have difficulty formatting to a page for printing or even viewing in a presentation.
  • The ability to switch between text and textboxes and lines seems like it could be done easier. It seems like I am always in the wrong area.
  • It would be great if there was an easier way to find the correct symbol or icon you want. Often I can never find what I am looking for and need to improvise.
We like the swimlane diagramming and the flow charts. With a bit of effort, we can make them efficient for use within our team, or add bells and whistles of formatting for executive review. They do translate well to pdf when sharing with non-Visio users. I would not recommend for people that are novices and don't have the need to create 'fancy' diagrams. For simply typing things, they can just easily use Excel. And I actually sometimes do that when I am in a hurry.
Read Amy Sternin's full review
Richard Perroset profile photo
We use Visio to easily and intuitively create flowcharts, diagrams, org charts, and more, using modern shapes and templates with the familiar Office experience. We are a process oriented company so flowcharts are a great way for us to communicate to others the steps involved in each process and which part of the process pertains to them.
  • Work together on Visio flowcharts to include insights from all stakeholders.
  • With Office 365*, multiple team members can work on diagrams at the same time.
  • Connect your flowcharts and diagrams to real-time data.
  • Applied shape formatting automatically updates your flowcharts to reflect changes in the underlying data, either in Visio or through Office 365*.
  • Its inability to delve deeply into micro information successfully.
  • It is a paid software which comes after paying a Microsoft licensing fee.
  • The cost is high and the integration of the stencil library is unnecessarily fragmented.
  • The more you use it, the faster and more effective you will get.
Ease of use, it has many stencils supporting system architecture and IDEF system behavior diagrams. I have also utilized it as a system conops design tool. Excellent flexibility. Powerful program for drawing plans and structural charts, is easy to use and contains a wide range of design tools that facilitates the development of flow charts for users with little experience.
Read Richard Perroset's full review
Jerome Pierce profile photo
September 19, 2019

Microsoft Visio Review

Visio is used quite a bit by our company. We use it mainly to describe workflows and Diagrams, which in the I.T. environment is a critical tool when explaining workflows for programs, department processes and potential changes to these processes. The tool helps me quite a bit when explaining these processes to non-I.T. employees.
  • Very easy to use with multiple diagram tools
  • Lots of built-in options and templates and it allows you to import many more.
  • Reliable program - I've used it Visio for many years and it gets easier to use with each revision.
  • Would like to see more animated tools that could be used in workflows
  • As its a Microsoft program - cost is always an issue.
Works very well with Workflows.
Read Jerome Pierce's full review
Steven Carmean profile photo
We use Visio to make block diagrams for various project plans. Specifically, I have used it for making AV diagrams to show stakeholders what it will take in order to make a conference room perform the tasks asked by them. The complexity levels within Visio can be helpful in updating floorplans on occasion as well, but I would prefer making something in Bluebeam for that specifically.
  • Block diagrams
  • Flowcharts and UML plans
  • Floorplan updates
  • Org Charts
  • Better Office 365 view
  • Image detection and integration into floor plan pieces
  • Manually moving connectors could be easier
Visio will work really well for someone using it to make some flow charts, org charts, and universal markup language charts.
I don't see it being the easiest when working on floor plans because importing the plans doesn't work out too well and requires you to make pointers for connections if you brought in one big picture rather than individualized pieces.
Read Steven Carmean's full review
Currently being used by specific individuals and teams based on their responsibilities but generally by those required to design high-level diagrams and schematics for projects. As a product it significantly simplifies the process in creating professional diagrams/process flows and architectural flows for upcoming and current projects.
  • The templates for basic flowcharting are simple to use and cover most of the basic functions and touch points in a diagram.
  • The variety of included icons and connectors means it's very easy to create floor plans and/or network diagrams.
  • The ease at which you can customise connectors with different colours/thickness makes it very effective in overall presentation of a diagram.
  • For me personally I cannot highlight anything specific that has any bearing on how I use the product. Everything is very straightforward and clearly signposted including template desgins and categories. The layout is easy to navigate and as it's part of the MS Office ecosystem means there is less to learn as I'm used to a lot of the cross product functionality.
Microsoft Visio is very good for process flow diagrams, high-level architectural VC/Telephony diagrams, and building/room floor plans. It is less appropriate for detailed project plans (use MS Project for that instead).
My entire organization adopted Microsoft Visio as a part of our shift to using the new suite of Office 365 applications exclusively. Microsoft Viso has proven to be an excellent tool to create everything from basic diagrams, timelines and organizational charts to advanced cross-functional flow diagrams, Gantt charts and brainstorming diagrams that require detailed layouts.
  • I like the built-in capabilities which make it easier to connect diagrams to data sources and display data graphically.
  • I like the different templates and layouts you can leverage within Visio from basic to advanced.
  • Visio is very user-friendly, making it easy to use and collaborate with other users around shared diagrams etc.
  • While Visio is easy to use overall, it does have some quirks and can be a little limiting in what you can do within the tool itself and collaboration can sometimes be limited as a result.
Visio is an excellent tool to use when creating diagrams, flowcharts, and layouts. We have associates that work at several locations across the globe so Visio serves an important function in being able to convey complex workflow graphically and allowing remote users to collaborate on the same document. Microsoft Visio is thus well-suited to allow teams or different groups of stakeholders to collaborate around shared workflows and processes.
We are using it within our own company when we're developing business processes for our clients. It helps the organization to understand how their business processes flows from start to end and who in the organization is involved in executing every step in the process. It is an easier way for the client to see how their process flows because it is visual.
  • BPMN for creating process work flows, Visio does a great job at integrating this notation.
  • The availability of many different shapes that can be utilized to create different types of diagrams.
  • Easy to use, user-friendly.
  • I have nothing to suggest at this time.
An excellent tool for developing business process workflows.
David Currier profile photo
We use Visio as a visual design and documentation solution. It is primarily used by our Operations teams, though others may use it occasionally in the Sales/Marketing process or for consulting engagements. I use it to document communication flows and communication system architecture. It allows me to clearly represent current configuration and plans for future deployments.
  • Visio is a highly flexible design and documentation platform that enables clear representation of systems and solutions
  • Visio is the digital version of a whiteboard that can be used to solidify an idea into a design
  • The ability to export a design to a PDF allows easy sharing with others that do not use Visio
  • Visio falls behind in the real-time collaboration department
  • I have always wished that Visio more easily enabled dynamic complex shapes - for example, a simple shape with menu of choices that would automatically expand/contract as items are added/deleted
Visio is an excellent tool for documenting a call flow design or the architecture and components of a communications system in a visual format and their relationship to each other. It is less helpful for text-based documentation. When a solution needs to be represented visually, it is an excellent choice.
Read David Currier's full review
Richard Crane profile photo
December 12, 2018

Visio is Amazing

Visio is used throughout my organization. It's the best (and only) go-to product for creating process flows and system diagrams. It simplifies complex processes, makes information manageable and shareable, and improves my documentation.
  • I love that Visio works for any level of user. I can create simplistic, high-level diagrams very quickly, or take my time and create more complex processes and diagrams using Visio's large shapes library. And if the icon or image I need isn't available, I can paste or import it into my diagram.
  • It gives me control to go outside what we'd consider best practices to create diagrams that have specific meaning to stakeholders. For example, some may like a particular color scheme, which I really don't care about, but if they want decisions to be yellow, start to be green, and end to be red, I can easily accommodate those requests.
  • I also love (love!) that it is so easy to use with SharePoint. I can virtually collaborate with my team to refine process flows and diagrams, and go back through my version control to see which changes have been made and by whom.
  • The shapes library can be a little daunting if you're unfamiliar. Unless you know what you're looking for and where to find it, you can spend a lot of time looking for a particular shape or icon. But once you find it, you can add it to your shapes menu for easy access.
  • You can also spend a lot of time selecting your defaults for shapes, arrows, font size, etc. But like the shapes library, once you get it down, it's locked in.
  • Be prepared to spend a few hours playing with Visio before figuring out all the nuances. But if you're a beginner and need to create a process flow or diagram, you can do it very quickly without a lot of effort or training. The fun stuff takes a little longer to master.
Visio is great for creating process flows and system diagrams. The only constraint with Visio is my own skills and creativity in building complex, rich documentation to easily convey information. If you're looking to improve processes, or depict current or future-state processes, you need Visio.
Read Richard Crane's full review
Alexander Cooper profile photo
Visio is used for all flowcharts in projects in the UK at Fujitsu. As the industry standard in diagramming it's virtually impossible to use anything else. I mainly deal with solution architects who create process flows in Visio to send to myself and fellow developers.
  • For users who have been using it since the early versions, the changes between the years have been incremental and easy to pick up. It's an easy learning curve for longtime users.
  • A huge amount of different diagram options for every conceivable possibility. There isn't another tool with this much diagram versatility while maintaining a professional feel.
  • It's often bunched in with Office 365 Professional meaning that companies don't have to shell out too much.
  • It is not very user-friendly for first-time users, such as myself back in 2016. If you haven't had training in the area you will find producing professional diagrams difficult with Visio.
  • There are open source alternatives that are catching up with Visio's functionality for free. It may not be long until forking out for Visio may not be worth it.
  • Switching between open source software and Visio can cause compatibility issues, and diagrams may be ruined in the conversion.
In practically every corporate scenario, Visio will be used. However, if a simple diagram needs to be made the user experience is too poor to be efficient. I've seen users resort to PowerPoint rather than messing with Visio. However, if professionalism is paramount, there is no alternative to Visio.
Read Alexander Cooper's full review
Mathieu Gaouette profile photo
Visio is extremely versatile and probably used in almost all groups where people document processes or systems. In my group, it is used mostly by solution architects to describe solutions and systems. I've seen it used to describe support processes as well. Words can't describe everything in an efficient manner. Sometimes, a drawing really helps understand. In these cases, Visio is great as it allows you to quickly make a visual representation.
  • Visio contains a very large collection of objects that you can add to your drawing. They are regrouped in themes which makes it more easy to select. It also allows for some standards in the drawings created.
  • Office integration is really awesome. You can integrate a Visio drawing in a Word document and people without Visio can still see it. Also, the users of Visio can edit the drawing from within Word which makes it very convenient.
  • Visio allows us to add new anchors to objects (to attach arrows and lines). This is really convenient as sometimes the default position of anchors on an object doesn't fit your needs.
  • If you can't find the object that fits your need, you can import pictures and put anchors on them. This helps you achieve the desired effect.
  • Often, I have the feeling that I'm using overly complex ways of doing some things that are basic. The tool is really easy to use and loaded with options so you can easily get lost in it. Looking for some training on the tool is probably a good idea if you want to use it fully.
  • When you are moving objects around, very often, your connectors will also move and won't arrange nicely.
  • For example, if three connectors leave an object to go to three different objects, I would like to see these three connectors joined (or overlapped) for as long as possible on the graph. Or if you manually change the path of a connector to go under an object, as soon as you move one of the two objects linked with that connector, this will usually revert the path of the connector to the original one. For people with OCD, this is triggering.
Visio is really good with technical drawings. It is not our domain so I can't vouch for it but I know it also makes an electric schema. It would be great for decision trees and process flows in general. I would not use the software for advance detailed drawings (like a building floor map) though. I probably would work but not the best thing. Also, if you need a precise object size, you will struggle a bit to get the desired result with Visio.
Read Mathieu Gaouette's full review
Glen Tylee profile photo
We use Microsoft Visio to design all our processes and present it in a clear and concise format for both internal and external stakeholders. This tool is incredibly useful and definitely worth more than the cost.
  • Visio is very easy to use for people of all skill levels
  • The ability to build and present complicated diagrams in a simplified format
  • Cost effective with little to no comparative competition in this space
  • More options for shapes and colours
  • Collaboration could be easier
  • Better FAQ and training documents would be better
Well suited to building processes and displaying ideas clearly. Less ideal in a presentation environment but thats just a small detail.
Read Glen Tylee's full review
Microsoft Visio is a powerful tool that helps business analysts, scrum masters and project managers in our company. It is used across our whole company to create process flow diagrams, flow charts, and Gantt charts, etc. Best thing I have experienced in it is that we can get rid of the traditional way of drawing flow charts using rectangles and diamond shapes as this allows you to insert pictures so that you can represent the flow in a graphically appealing way.
  • Graphical representation of processes through inserting a picture is one of the best things I experienced in Visio.
  • Very easy to work with the models given.
  • Visio gives templates in every aspect that a business analyst or a project manager needs in terms of process flow drawings or projects plannings.
  • The only difficulty I face when I'm using this is its size layout. It is difficult to get everything we put into a single A4 size layout.
It is well suited to design process flow diagrams and represents them graphically, but it doesn't mean that we can design graphical interfaces with this software.
We use Microsoft Visio across the whole organization. It is used to draw business processes, as is processes, solution processes, workflows, flow diagrams, etc. This caters to every requirement of a business analyst when it comes to the process of diagram creation. Without being restrained to a single business process, this can cater to any business process.
  • It gives you the ability to design every business analyzing diagram like process flow diagrams, workflows, activity, sequence, etc.
  • It helps the project managers to design project management documents like grant charts, etc.
  • Diagrams can be designed so that they are readable and pleasant. Can insert pictures instead of rectangles shapes to represent processes.
  • The only issue I find in working with Visio is the size layouts. It's very hard sometimes to design processes so that it fits the size of an A4.
Visio is not capable of UI designing. It is well suited to design process flows and project management diagrams.
We use Microsoft Visio as a way to document both engineering hardware and software systems. We then provide these Visio documents either to customers as part of our deliverable or we save them as documentation for past or current projects so that other developers can quickly learn about the system. We mainly use it to simplify the documentation of complex software data flows, which can be difficult to see in the source code because the project may utilize thousands of subfunctions and third party programs.
  • There are a lot of templates that are built into the shipping version but there are also a lot more available online.
  • Easy to export into a PDF or other type of document.
  • There are a lot of various icons that you can use instead of just the simple flow-chart look.
  • Connecting/wiring the different blocks is not intuitive and can be frustrating.
  • The connections between blocks are auto-routed and it's really difficult to change them to look the way you want.
  • Searching for all the various icons is not readily available at all times. It seems like it's grouped by which project type you choose.
If you have a scenario that fits really well within a pre-defined template then it's a fantastic software to use and luckily there are a lot of templates available. I run into issues when I try to make something from scratch that I think will be really simple, like a data flow diagram. There are times it does not seem very intuitive, and it seems like I am spending more time trying to fix or make the diagram look the way I want than actually creating the content that I started out to create.
March 02, 2019

Great product!

[It's] Used across multiple departments to develop process flows for training and business documentation. Specifically use it to outline technical steps as well as steps users will take to follow the business path.
  • Process flows
  • Business analysis
  • Project planning
  • Easier to develop multi department flows, when you're outlining the flow, currently if you need to shift where swimlanes are located it completely alters your diagram (when boxes are connected with arrows) and you have to basically restart it.
  • This is the most nit picky thing ever, BUT, while working through a process flow if you realize you need to change the basic standard flow shapes to another shape you have to go back and redo the whole thing. If there was a way to change the shape by right clicking on the box instead to instant switch instead of copy/paste/realign/reconnect to switch out the shape I would personally be forever grateful. I once did a workflow in all start/end process circles, so dumb, but I had to go back through and rewrite the whole thing into the process boxes. It was a super large workflow. It was such a pain in the ass.
  • I didn't realize that Visio could be used for Gantt charts and project management until this review. To make those features more user-friendly or as a separate tab would allow users to track business process flows AND if kicking off a project - link the project timeline to certain steps.
Well Suited:
Project management, business documentation, process flows. Great for kick off meetings to document customer expectations or technical projects to pinpoint integration points/sub processes.
Microsoft Visio is used across my organization for documenting processes. Specifically in my audit department, Visio is used to document workflows and processes of clients. Using Visio helps us to communicate our understanding of processes to our clients in a visual manner, and guides narrative reporting. Visio provides clarity and the ability to parse out many details, from which team is completing a process step, to controls identified in the process, to specific notes and details about certain steps.
  • Visio is built just like any other Microsoft Office program, so anyone familiar with Office will find it relatively easy to use.
  • The automatic spacing of items on a page makes a Visio project look sleek and professional with little effort.
  • The pre-loaded shapes and symbols in Visio are consistent with what is being taught in business tools for appropriately flowing processes, so it takes the guesswork out of representing processes correctly.
  • Spacing things on your own can be difficult. It took me a number of google searches to figure out how to freely change the size of a swim lane, or that holding the shift key while using the arrow keys to move a shape will move it at a smaller scale. Knowing tips like these upfront would be helpful.
  • Creating master shapes would be helpful; when a shape is too big for a diagram, resizing it and then making sure all of the other instances are the same shape can be a pain.
  • A wider selection of templates would be nice.
Visio is a very visual program, and is therefore helpful in situations that require summarizing a large amount of information, like a complicated process. Visio would be much less beneficial in a situation that requires documenting many small details, as they would clutter the aspect of simplicity that Visio otherwise provides. Visio is, however, very well suited for supplementing documentation with very minute details by providing a higher-level view of information.
Microsoft Visio is deployed on an as needed basis at an Illinois community college campus. Visio is deployed to users on an as needed basis, and is not part of a normal deployment of MS Office suite of programs. Visio is a versatile in many ways and allows us to deploy it as to fill software gaps that would normally require many more specific programs with a much higher learning curve, and price.
  • Ease of Use
  • Choice of Flowchart, wiring diagrams and floor plans
  • Quick to deploy to users on our campus with MS Office enterprise based licensing
  • More shape features built into the program, so less third party downloads would be necessary
  • Quicker, easier navigation of the workspace (there is not an easy way to drag around the image to get it to the desired location on the document). Maybe add an Adobe-like to navigate the document
  • It would be very beneficial to save multiple individual preference and layout options for each typw of document loaded.

Uses depend on the individual user, and are known to be, but not limited to: flow charts, wiring schematics/diagrams, floor plans of offices, common areas and classrooms. In the application at our campus, each user has a specific need for Visio, and Visio is not deployed with the normal MS Office suite of programs.

Many members of the campus leadership team, and their assistants use Visio for flow-charting of tasks and duties. The user interface is similar to all other MS products, so the learning curve is minimal.

Technology departments use Visio for wiring and schematic diagrams of network and classroom wiring. Most of our external contractors take our rough Visio documents and transfer them to AutoCAD, which has a much higher learning curve.

One of our campus staff uses Visio regularly to play furniture checkers with offices, conference center rooms, and common areas. It is nice to have the functionality of creating to scale rooms layouts prior to moving furnishings three or four times.

As an Audio-Video Design Firm, we use a tool like Visio on a regular basis (used it today, actually). Unlike AutoCAD (which we also use) we use Visio to do things like pre-sales designs for clients, network drawings for IT managers in our client companies, and any case where we want to embed an image in a drawing to make it easier to get a point across. We also use it for "quick and dirty" drawings for meetings and discussions to capture the contents of our whiteboard designs.

Visio provides us with a powerful tool that also looks professional at a cost and ease of use factor that is very attractive to our company.
  • Ease of use: Visio is very intuitive, and as a Microsoft product is very comfortable for most technical users to pick up.
  • Wide-spread use by IT Professionals: While not as powerful as other tools in some areas, Visio is well-known as a standard for the documentation of equipment in data centers for IT deployments.
  • Availability of templates: There are literally thousands of pre-made Visio templates available, which allows for faster and more accurate drawings.
  • Cost: Visio is very cost-effective, costing hundreds of dollars versus thousands, which allows for more users and greater flexibility.
  • Hardware requirements: VIsio will run decently on just about any new or recent hardware, even most laptops or portable "surface-esque" devices.
  • Unlike tools like AutoCAD, Visio is not well-suited to the creation or modification of large-scale construction documents.
  • Visio has many "quirks" that can cause frustration for even experienced users, likely due to its typical use being for less complex scenarios.
Microsoft Visio is (in my opinion) a "must have" tool for a technology company or pretty much any IT department. It allows any technical user to turn a whiteboard drawing into a professional rendering that can be used to document critical information as well as to present important information in a clear and concise fashion- all without "breaking the bank".
February 13, 2019

New User

I use this software to create our organization chart.
  • It is a good way to create organization charts. It doesn't really restrict you on where items are placed. It is easy to copy and paste and move things around.
  • Sometimes I get a little frustrated with having to click on the boxes to change my cursor to what I would like to do.
It is a good software to create an organizational or flow chart without restrictions.
January 10, 2019

Old Faithful

We use it for architectural diagrams for the most part (our org chart is also built in Visio). But primarily, we map customer networks and data center environments for a before and after view if they buy the solution we're proposing to them. It can be extremely detailed at times.
  • Diagrams
  • Charts
  • Mapping
  • Icons
  • Exports
  • Ease of use
It's very good for creating diagrams and charts that are very detailed and are subject to change. It's pretty much the only way that I can map a network with hundreds of devices and connections without really struggling. However, the artwork is definitely a bit rudimentary and doesn't have the high tech feel you'd like it to.
November 28, 2018

Using MS Visio 2016

It is being used by a department for the documentation of services, processes and diagrams of technology services.
  • Shapes can be replaced.
  • Creates bumps in a connector while crossing another connector line.
  • Text can be entered directly inside the shapes.
  • Clipart gallery is big.
  • Allows to design different environments in an easy and natural way from structures, offices, houses, technology, logistics, etc.
  • It is important to be able to handle versions of the projects; changes are often made and it is difficult to identify the differences.
  • I have experienced that when a project is very large, the program gets slow at times.
Technical drawings and diagrams become easy because of the rule checking that we can automatically create with data legends.

Has not been made compatible with iPads, Mac computers or Android tablets.
Andrew Murphy profile photo
Microsoft Visio is a very cool tool. It makes creating diagrams and charts so much easier. Only a few people in our organization use Microsoft Visio. It is mainly used for creating organizational charts. We also use it to create diagrams for our IT department. It is quite the time saver.
  • Flow Charts - It is very easy to create flow charts with Visio.
  • Network Diagrams - This is where I started my Visio experience. Drawing servers and switches. Visio has all the shapes built right into it so you can just drag and drop.
  • Maps - You can create building plans with Visio and layout how you want your rooms to look. I used this to design my current house floor plan.
  • Shapes - There are always more shapes that could be added. Visio has a lot but never all of them.
  • Visio Viewer - Occasionally the Visio Viewer doesn't work. We use the viewer for all the rest of our users to view the Visio files but the most recent version of Visio viewer is 2013.
Microsoft Visio is very well suited for creating flowcharts. It also excels with organizational charts. There are dynamic connectors and dotted line connectors that show who reports to who. Microsoft Visio also is great for IT diagrams. Server diagrams, Network diagrams, all the shapes are there to make a great representation of your network!
Read Andrew Murphy's full review
Business process and System flow documentation. Visio is used in both IT/business operations and across the organization.
  • It helps us understand how business processes are integrated across departments.
  • It helps IT understand how the system is designed to support the business process and also to understand the flow of events.
  • It is also being used as a tool in training users
  • Process flow documentation to explain the steps involved in getting a sale completed, or getting a customer service issue triaged.
  • Training materials to visually present the process and system flows
  • Status reporting, project management and technical architecture diagrams are done in Visio
  • Complex flows drawn using Visio are not legible on presentations and hard to follow
  • Some controls are hard to find although there is search capability available
  • Visio crashes often, especially the 365 version
Simple to medium complex diagrams are well suited in Visio. Complex diagrams with multiple hand offs would require a better solution.

About Microsoft Visio

Microsoft offers Visio, a diagramming tool for building flowcharts, diagrams (e.g. network diagrams), org charts and floor plans, available online as a subscription and also in enterprise level packages (e.g. Visio Professional).