Affordable, full featured platform for companies willing to trade some site speed for flexibilityhttps://www.trustradius.com/ecommerceMagento Commerce, part of Adobe Commerce CloudUnspecified7.21561012014-03-19T14:27:02.198Z
Updated March 13, 2015
Affordable, full featured platform for companies willing to trade some site speed for flexibility
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Magento
We currently use Magento Enterprise for three B2B ecommerce websites. The websites are managed by our ecommerce marketing department, and are updated and maintained by two in-house developers. We choose Magento because it offered an open source solution that could be customized to some unique business needs. We also liked the fact that is had a large user base, which means that there is a lot of resources available for users.
- Open source allows for complete flexibility & customization
- Large library of extensions provide an easy & inexpensive way to "plug & play" with additional features & functionality.
- Due to the large user base, there are hundreds of forums where people discuss ideas & trouble shooting for Magento
- Magento is slower than other comparable platforms, especially during checkout.
- Technical support included in the Enterprise plan is generally slow to respond, and not very helpful.
- Magento doesn't allow import/export of category data which means all edits have to be done manually.
- Magento doesn't have a great CMS for content pages (Customer Service, Company Page, Other Resources). This type of content has to be loaded in HTML blocks in a library, and they the blocks have to each be assigned to the pages(categories) manually. The library is sorted by creation date, so it is a pain to scroll through a very long list to find/edit blocks. It would make a lot more sense if there were multiple HTML fields for each page (category) that could be used to populate content directly into the page.
- Increase ecommerce conversion rate
- Allowed us to customize functionality to meet specific business needs
Magento provides a full featured low cost, open source ecommerce platform with a lot of flexibility. The largest downside is slower website performance.