Magento Commerce Cloud (formerly Magento) Review: "Low TCO & Great Results for B2C Commerce"https://www.trustradius.com/ecommerceMagento Commerce Cloud (formerly Magento)Unspecified7.51431012014-03-21T18:25:57.087Z
Overall Satisfaction with Magento
Magento is the ecommerce platform for our direct to consumer business via radioflyer.com. We sell children toys (wagons, scooters, trikes, and other ride-on toys). We also sell replacement parts. We sell about 500 items including the replacement parts. Internally, our customer service and marketing departments are the key users.
- It's open source, very easy to extend capabilities and many extensions/add-on modules are available for a low cost.
- Total cost of ownership is low compared to commercial off the shelf ecommerce packages.
- Many useful out of the box features. Content administration is easy to learn for end users.
- Cost can start to add up if you need to scale the environment horizontally. If you are on the enterprise version you need to license each vm/server in the load balanced environment.
- Add to cart and proceed to checkout code could be optimized to increase response time when promotion codes are used.
- HTML editor could be improved for non technical content writers.
- We achieved positive ROI within our first year.
- Our Magento initiative was our first time selling direct to consumers so everything has been a gain.
- Magento has been able to meet our needs for the past 4 years as we continue to grow our online B2C business. I don't see that changing.
- IBM WebSphere,Demandware
For what we needed and our budget, Magento had the lowest total cost of ownership while meeting all our key requirements. 4 plus years later, we still use Magento and it continues to meet our needs while our business continues to grow.