A Marketo Newbie
September 02, 2015
A Marketo Newbie
Score 5 out of 10
- Marketo Lead Management
- Marketo Social Marketing
- Marketo Real-Time Analytics
Overall Satisfaction with Marketo
Our company uses Marketo for email marketing, newsletters (internally and externally), and case study landing pages. It's only being used by the Marketing team. It addresses issues of branding, consistency, and streamlining our marketing products and services. We could be better served utilizing its lead database, but we haven't quite gotten there yet.
- Marketo's Design Studio is great not only for the creative freedom it allows you with custom HTML design, but the library of templates are extremely helpful.
- I like that Marketo is flexible enough to integrate with third party vendors for lead generation and data management.
- Marketo's "Community" forum and Marketo University have been instrumental in helping me learn a program where I had no familiarity. Their array of continued education courses are extremely beneficial.
- The Marketo University courses are expensive. For their price, I wish instruction was longer and not quite as fast paced. I understand there's a lot being covered in the time allotted, but instructors whip through interactive examples so quickly, I find myself getting lost.
- It might be that I'm not using it correctly, but the Analytics reporting doesn't seem intuitive. Even with filters added to make reporting more refined, it still doesn't seem to generate the data I need.
- Once a campaign has been delivered, the stats on the dashboard - while nice to see - can't be printed (or it can, but only on a small scale), or exported to PDF. This information has proven important to my team from a generalized perspective, but it starts and stops within the program. Reporting will be shared with those that either aren't familiar with Marketo, or don't have to use it. Making reporting accessible to those team members would be helpful.
- Streamlining email marketing campaigns, ensuring more go out every month.
- Opening the door to a variety of uses for the program outside of email marketing.
- Forcing us to take a hard look at our lead databases and, consequently, cleaning them.
It's more appropriate to ask questions like, "How well do you integrate with third-party software?", "How well does your system perform sales and marketing automation?", "How effective is your social media marketing?", "Is your campaign and lead management intuitive?", "How well is your mass email marketing performance?" and, "How intuitive is your reporting and analytics?"